Warg steps up

Warg

Good luck!

If you need some extra motivation to eat better, check out this documentary on the food industry called "Fed Up." It's a real eye opener.

MAIN QUEST: LOSE 50 LBS (STARTING WEIGHT 280 LBS)

2%
2%

CURRENT WEIGHT: 279 LB

START DATE: 9/15/14

LEVEL 1 MANDALORIAN RANGER

[ STR 2.0 | DEX 0.5 | STA 2.0 | CON 0.5 | WIS 3.0 | CHA 2.0 ]

1 | CURRENT CHALLENGE 

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

― Victor Frankl

Hi all!

Finally here's my report for the last two days:
Monday was house cleaning day. Nothing to do with my declared goals but it's an issue for me. Glad it's done.

My bodyweight workouts are scheduled on Tue, Thu and Sat anyway, because in the days between my girlfriend and I plan to go for extended walks, so she gets to start moving, too. As the trail we walk has some obstacles like fallen trees, I don't want to squat on the same day..

Then on sunday, my stepson declared that he wanted to get into the pushup and squat challenge with me. He had a busy schedule today, which lead to us having to work out way too soon after dinner so he didn't miss his bedtime.
Here's how I did:

Sets   Pushups        Squats
1      10             16
2      12             22
3       7             17
4       7 (6)         17
5      max(>=9): 4    max(>=22): 28

As you can see, I failed on the pushups again, so I'll go for the next easier version on thursday.

• Like 2

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 1 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge

"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't" - Chuck Palahniuk

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

I love to have the support of my family. My gf is ready to kick my butt if I don't adhere to the workout plan and if my stepson follows through, his quest for fitness will be a lot easier because he started early in his life.

Today I did some paperwork, cleaned up some shelf space and half-heartedly browsed through some job offers. I'll have to get more serious tomorrow if I am to keep my 3 job applications/week goal. Currently I'm procrastinating by getting my stuff in order. At least, I don't do TV marathons instead but I should concentrate more on job hunting.

• Like 2

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't" - Chuck Palahniuk

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

It is great that you have some good support - I have very little - but that is why I'm here with the NF community - tonnes of support from likeminded people :)

Good luck with the job applications - I always find the first one is the hardest and then after that I am putting them out left, right and center. 

• Like 3

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

My apologies something,has come up and I will be unable to continue the take the red pill thread. They will be doing mini's this time in level one that will be very similar to what I was going to do this time so make sure to check them out. Please understand how sorry I am. There are plenty of groups out there for support and you guys can keep checking on each other's threads.

It has been a pleasure meeting all of you and good luck with your challenge!

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

Current challenge 

I love to have the support of my family. My gf is ready to kick my butt if I don't adhere to the workout plan and if my stepson follows through, his quest for fitness will be a lot easier because he started early in his life.

Today I did some paperwork, cleaned up some shelf space and half-heartedly browsed through some job offers. I'll have to get more serious tomorrow if I am to keep my 3 job applications/week goal. Currently I'm procrastinating by getting my stuff in order. At least, I don't do TV marathons instead but I should concentrate more on job hunting.

Let's hear about 1 job you've applied for ;). It's a dull and boring task but will be worth it in the end.

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Today's workout:

Set   Pushups  Squats
1     6        19
2     8        25
3     6        19
4     6        19
5     >=7 (13) >=25 (29)

Today I cut back on the push ups and it felt almost too easy. But I guess I'll stick to this for now. I can't see myself doing 100 push ups at the end of the challenge anyway (I'll get there, but six weeks just doesn't look realistic to me).
On the other hand, no problems with the squats, although I started in week 3. The're taxing, but I can achieve the reps I should. I'm really curious how far I'll get in six weeks.

Tomorrow I'll go visit my parents for a few days and only be online with my phone, so I won't be here as frequently as in the last week. And I'll have a few beers with my father on his birthday on monday!

• Like 4

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Today's workout:

Set Pushups Squats

1 6 19

2 8 25

3 6 19

4 6 19

5 >=7 (13) >=25 (29)

Today I cut back on the push ups and it felt almost too easy. But I guess I'll stick to this for now. I can't see myself doing 100 push ups at the end of the challenge anyway (I'll get there, but six weeks just doesn't look realistic to me).

On the other hand, no problems with the squats, although I started in week 3. The're taxing, but I can achieve the reps I should. I'm really curious how far I'll get in six weeks.

Tomorrow I'll go visit my parents for a few days and only be online with my phone, so I won't be here as frequently as in the last week. And I'll have a few beers with my father on his birthday on monday!

Looks like a better set up anyway in regards to the pushups, failimg is demoralising. Better to lower targets and work up to it.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Today's workout:

Set   Pushups  Squats

1     6        19

2     8        25

3     6        19

4     6        19

5     >=7 (13) >=25 (29)

It is going to be interesting to see how far you get in both the challenges - I'm glad you went back on the push ups, now you can work your way up again slowly - but surely :)

• Like 1

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Nothing wrong with adjusting your targets to suit your pace! The best thing to do is see how many you can just about do, with all your reserves of strength and muttered curses, and then make that your target for the next few days. Because if you get even one more than last time you'll know, and it'll feel amazing! 

Looking good on your other goals though, keep at it with the job application stuff! I had to do something very similar when I was on jobseekers, it's bleak but at least you have your family encouraging you :)

• Like 2
'It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?'

'Because I choose to.'

I'm on my phone atm, so real quick:

Push Ups: 8, 10, 7, 7, >=10 (10)

Squats: 22, 29, 20, 21, >= 29 (30)

Week one, fitness mission accomplished.

• Like 4

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

1.    Is your overall quest achievable (over a short or long period of time)?  Is it reasonable?
It’s not too well defined. “Become the fittest and strongest I can…†It’s achievable but not very specific to say the least. My problem was that as a beginner I never know what a reasonable goal for me might be. So I kept it generic on purpose.
2.    Do your 3 quests all build towards your main quest in little ways, or are you taking on too much? Do your quests have sub-quests or is it just one thing to focus on?
Yes, they do.  First two are workout related, the third one nutrition related. No sub quests here.
3.    Are your main goals realistic? Can you scale them to smaller steps to fit your life better, even if it will make it take a little longer to achieve them?
I think they are ok. They focus on the path, not on the outcome, so they are realistic. All it takes is staying on the path.
4.    Are your goals able to be measured and tracked?  What will you use to track them?
They can be measured/tracked. Am I doing three workouts from the two six week programs every week? Does my diet conform with the rules of the primal diet? I just have to answer those questions. Tracking my workouts here in the thread, as you can see.
5.    How are you grading your goals?  Are they pass/fail (“every dayâ€, “not even once over the six weeksâ€)?  Is there a reward for the effort, or are you only grading yourself on whether or not you “lose the weight†or “run the distanceâ€?
Haven’t thought too much about it yet.  My reward would be leveling up and joining the assassins if I follow through.
6.    What is your plan for continuing/altering/grading those goals if you become ill or injured?
I have no plan for this. I can only work out if I’m not ill or injured. So I’d start over with the fitness goals once I’m able to work out again. As for the dieting, as long as it doesn’t conflict with recovering, I’d just stick to the primal diet.
7.    Did you take into consideration any special occasions (Labour Day, Independence Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that may occur during the challenge?  What smodifications do you need to build into your goals for those?
Alas, I didn’t. Right now I’m at my parent’s house for a few days which lead me to flunk my dieting goal for week 1. No junk food involved, but I eat things I wouldn’t normally eat (bread, etc.). I haven’t planned any modifications, so I can only say I messed up my diet towards the weekend of week 1.
8.    Do any of your main goals conflict with each other? Will one goal make it hard to do another?
I don’t think so.
9.    Do you already have the time in your schedule to actually complete the goals you’ve set?  If not, what are you planning to do to make time for them?
I’ve started with baby steps, so time is not really an issue.
10.    Are you trying to build multiple habits, or is all your energy focused on your main quest?
Apart from the life quest, I’m focused on the main quest. And I failed miserably on my life quest in week 1.

• Like 3

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

I'm online again, so here we go:

How did the food goal go?

Not so well. I payed an unplanned visit to my parents last weekend and ate too much of the wrong food. No junk food but homemade food that's high in carbs. And I had a few beers in the process, so basically I had four cheat days from Friday to Sunday.

On the other hand, I sent out a job application a few minutes ago. 2 more to go to meet this week's goal.

The next workout is this evening. I arrived late yesterday and had some errants to run, so we postponed to Wed, Fr, Sun for this week.

• Like 2

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Our workout is done for today:

Set    Pushups     Squats
1         9          24
2        11          30
3         8          22
4         8          22
5      >=11 (12)   >=34 (40)

Can't wait for next tuesday when we try out our max reps after the first two weeks of training.

• Like 4

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines