Warg steps up

Warg

Yesterday shit happened. I had to pause due to health problems.

Feeling much better now, so I will be able to continue the training tomorrow. Thus my exhaustion sets will be postponed to thursday.

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

STR 4 | STA 2 | DEX 0 | CON 1 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

Current Challenge

"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't" - Chuck Palahniuk

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Yes, pretty much. I'm not yet ready to get into too much detail about my health issues in this forum but it's nothing I'm not used to. Usually it doesn't last very long and I can keep it at bay by eating clean. I think my cheats from last weekend triggered it.

Thanks for your concern.

• Like 2

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

"If you don't know what you want, you end up with a lot you don't" - Chuck Palahniuk

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

So, today I did the workout that was originally scheduled for friday:

Set   Pushups   Squats

1        10        27

2        12        34

3         9        27

4         9        27

5      >=13 (13) >=38 (38)

My son did his workout on friday but missed one last week because he had a cold so we are both at the same point right now. One more workout on tuesday, then the exhaustion sets on thursday. Im really curious about the outcome.

I think it's time to say Thanks to you all! If it weren't for this community and my son, I'd have started skipping workouts this week.

...ok, I spent about 15 minutes looking for an appropriate animated gif. And "The Avengers" is on TV right now. So...well...thank you in plain text.

(Where the hell do you all find those gifs?)

• Like 3

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

So, today I did the workout that was originally scheduled for friday:

Set Pushups Squats

1 10 27

2 12 34

3 9 27

4 9 27

5 >=13 (13) >=38 (38)

My son did his workout on friday but missed one last week because he had a cold so we are both at the same point right now. One more workout on tuesday, then the exhaustion sets on thursday. Im really curious about the outcome.

I think it's time to say Thanks to you all! If it weren't for this community and my son, I'd have started skipping workouts this week.

...ok, I spent about 15 minutes looking for an appropriate animated gif. And "The Avengers" is on TV right now. So...well...thank you in plain text.

(Where the hell do you all find those gifs?)

That looks like a pretty solid workout man, looks like it was a good idea to scale it back.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Today's workout:

Set   Pushups   Squats

1      12         31

2      13         38

3      10         31

4      10         31

5    >=15 (11)  >=45 (46)

So I'm at my limit with the push ups again. Barely managed to do the required squats reps in the exhaustion set.

Anyway, tomorrow is rest day and on thursday we'll see if/how much I improved by now.

Probably my character's mentor will want to kick his ass soon as the food and hunting challenges don't go very well at the moment.

• Like 4

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Today's workout:

Set Pushups Squats

1 12 31

2 13 38

3 10 31

4 10 31

5 >=15 (11) >=45 (46)

So I'm at my limit with the push ups again. Barely managed to do the required squats reps in the exhaustion set.

Anyway, tomorrow is rest day and on thursday we'll see if/how much I improved by now.

Probably my character's mentor will want to kick his ass soon as the food and hunting challenges don't go very well at the moment.

At the start of.the challenge you were failing to hit 9 in the last set, getting around half, now your failing to hit 15 and getting 11, looks like real progress to me.

Sent from my U8815 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Devlin wrote: 

At the start of.the challenge you were failing to hit 9 in the last set, getting around half, now your failing to hit 15 and getting 11, looks like real progress to me.

The quote button isn't working properly for me on this thread.

But what ^he said.  Don't do yourself down!

• Like 1

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: Operation Wedding Suit - Take 2

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 

Results from my exhaustion test earlier today:

25 Push ups (7 more than at the beginning of the challenge)

61 Squats (19 more than at the beginning of the challenge)

I tried for a 26th push up, but couldn't squeeze it out. I probably could have done a few more squats but only in bad form.

I'm satisfied with the improvement in squats, but I hoped for 30 push ups. Anyway, I improved and that's what counts!

• Like 5

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

You're doing awesome!  Happy level up day - keep rocking it!

Thank you, I'll keep at it. But the official level up day is still one week away IIRC.

• Like 1

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Thank you, I'll keep at it. But the official level up day is still one week away IIRC.

As far as I know, you get your first level 3 weeks in, and your next level at the end of the 6 weeks.  Since I believe you've been in this challenge since the start, you have in fact hit your level 1 day!  But some people do wait until the end and just do 2 levels at once, for sure!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

As far as I know, you get your first level 3 weeks in, and your next level at the end of the 6 weeks.  Since I believe you've been in this challenge since the start, you have in fact hit your level 1 day!

Yes, you're right. I got confused because the push ups and squats are structured in 6 week programs, I'm in different weeks on both. I really thought I was just two weeks in.

Here's today's workout:

Set Pushups Squats

1     12       38

2     17       47

3     13       34

4     13 (8)   30

5   >=17 (6) >=47 (0)

As you can see, I didn't get the reps I'm supposed to in both exercises, so I'll step back a week on both in the next workout. Now I'm kicking myself for not doing the last set of squats, but at the time, I felt like I couldn't do any more.

• Like 2

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

It worked pretty good regarding the workouts. We had to change schedules again to be able to train together, so this week was tuesday, thursday, saturday. See below for the two workouts I haven't posted yet.

The diet quest is mediocre, usually I have more than one cheat a week, which is undesireable, but I'm still doing pretty good. I added more veggies this week and feel better, so I think I'm on the right path.

Regarding my life quest I improved last week thanks to the things I did following the week 2 mini challenge. I sent out 2 job applications this week in contrast to one in the first three weeks. I'm still not where I want to be, but it's getting better.

My biggest problem at the moment is that I get bored with the workouts. The push ups part is still ok, but I'm way into endurance training with the squat rep counts. At the moment I can't decide if I should modify my fitness quests, i. e. changing to variations that are more demanding, diamond push ups and split squats for example, so that I get to rep counts that will improve my strength rather than my endurance or if I should just follow through with the thing I started for the remaining two weeks and then think about another workout altogether.

Here are the workouts from thursday and today:

Set   Push Ups    Squats

1       14          34

2       16          40

3       12          34

4       12          34

5     >=17 (8)    >=49 (51)

Set   Push Ups    Squats

1       14          40

2       16          45

3       12          40 (15)

4       12          40 (0)

5     >=17 (13)   >=54 (0)

I repeated the push up workout because I couldn't get the minimum reps in the last set on tuesday. Didn't work today either, but I improved. I had to stop the squats early because I felt stitches approaching. Probably my stomach was too full.

• Like 5

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

At the moment I can't decide if I should modify my fitness quests, i. e. changing to variations that are more demanding, diamond push ups and split squats for example, so that I get to rep counts that will improve my strength rather than my endurance or if I should just follow through with the thing I started for the remaining two weeks and then think about another workout altogether.

I recommend progressing to more challenging variations.

-

• Like 3

You haven't seen my Final Form

I Stand With Gina Carano

Thanks for the heads up, lullaby!

Despite my low posting frequency I'm still here. I'm quite busy with real life at the moment, so posting here is not a priority at the moment. But I only missed one workout by now, so I'm still doing ok with my fitness quest. Alas, my search for progressions led to me dicking around. The workout I did this week  so far was like this:

Diamond pushups 5  , 5,   5

Leg Raises     10,   10 , 8

Chin Ups        1.5, 0.5, 0.5

I planned to do lunges, but skipped them because I walked 12km (7.8 miles) that day (Our car broke down this week so we decided to fetch our dog's food by walking to the shop and back).

Although this doesn't look all that bad written down, I didn't feel satisfied with that workout. I bought "Convict Conditioning" for my kindle and am currently reading it to get some inspiration for a new workout.

Question: Should I just squeeze out the Chin Ups as above or should I take a step back and do inverted rows instead?

Warg

Level 1 Lycan Assassin

Current Challenge

100 pushups

25%
25%

200 squats

30.5%
30.5%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines