Xerla - Xerla

Xerla

Hello dear Assassins!

So I skipped the previous challenge and dropped out of my last challenge due to serious life problems. 

I feel bad for myself. And I miss NF.

Now I'm back and hopefully I can finish this challenge until the very last day.

Main goal: Smaller me

1. Smaller numbers on measurement tapes (cm)

4/9/14

Neck 37 

Chest 95 

Waist (narrow) 80 

Waist (naval) 82

Hips 94 

Thigh 60

Calf 39 

Arm 31

Forearm 24 

Wrist 16

% Body Fat (US Navy) 24%

AND/OR

2. Drop 7 kgs.

Current weight: 69 kg

Target weight: 62 kg

Goal 1: Eating clean 3x per day

Less breads, cakes and fried snacks.

Goal 2: Exercise 5 - 6x per week

Do 3x cardio and 2-3x bodyweight exercises, or do Blogilates's monthly calendar.

Goal 3: Update this thread at least once a week, every Sunday, from Week 1 until Week 6.

I think that's all, need to make it as simple as possible :)

...and I can't even think of a creative title for my thread haha XD

• Like 2

Not a spirit of cowardice, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7
Intro | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Current Challenge

Hurrah you're back!

You've got a solid plan together here I'm sure you're going to kick this challenge in the behind :D Creative title or no :P (and you can always add one in later :P )

Assassin Guild Leader  Trainee

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Current Challenge: Vengefulpear Revives!

Level 1

High Score:

Level 7 STR: 14 | DEX: 10 | STA: 1 | CON: 12 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

No worries. Those are solid goals :)

What is blogilates?

It's a blog from a mat pilates instructor who creates free pilates videos to do at home, complete with free exercise calendar! It's very practical for me since I like doing indoor exercise alone haha :D And it really works for me so I keep doing it. You can see it here http://blogilates.com

Hurrah you're back!

You've got a solid plan together here I'm sure you're going to kick this challenge in the behind :D Creative title or no :tongue: (and you can always add one in later :tongue: )

Yeah so glad to be back!! Thank you for the support :D

I'm glad you're back Xerla! And I hope the life challenges are not so bad, and if they are I hope that things even out soon. 

Thank you Paradigm! Things are getting better now and hopefully it keeps getting better and better :)

---

Week 1 summary!

- Need to prepare more time for making healthy breakfast.

- I did my first headstand exercise and able to get both of my legs on the wall on 5th attempt. I'm really happy.

- Aside from life problem, some guy broke my heart and this situation might ruined my diet plan because I have the tendency of emotional eating. I'm so sad and it's really hard to keep my healthy eating and do exercise, but I have to be strong and keep going. But really, it's so hard. Soooo hard.

And I'm getting smaller! 

21/9/14

Weight: 69 kg (-1)

Chest: 94 (-1)

Thigh: 59 (-1)

Calf: 38 (-1)

Other measures are still the same like last week. Hopefully my arms are getting smaller soon. Small progress, but it still makes me happy.

• Like 2

Not a spirit of cowardice, but of power, love and self-discipline - 2 Timothy 1:7

I do emotional eating, too, when I've got negative emotions. I think the best trick to avoid that, is to (get out and) do something and do it so hard, that you forget everything else, ideally with a fun activity, but physically hard labour also works great.

the artist usually known as WALDGEIST

Epic Quests

Challenges by theme

Star Wars: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #5B, #6, #6B, #10, #11, #16, #17, (Current Callenge)

TeenWolf: #7

SHIELD: #8, #12, #13, #14, #15

Magicians: #9

"It's never too late, to become what you could've been!"

Yes. Sometimes I need chocolate and wine to give me some comfort. Not the healthiest of choices but sometimes it just makes me feel better.

Time will help heal and hopefully you don't run into more heartbreak.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I do emotional eating, too, when I've got negative emotions. I think the best trick to avoid that, is to (get out and) do something and do it so hard, that you forget everything else, ideally with a fun activity, but physically hard labour also works great.

That's a good trick! Keeping myself busy will be a good way to escape from negative emotion. I find that getting out from my room and just go out with some friends or even by myself can keep those negative emotions away from me. Even it's just temporary, but at least it works.

Yes. Sometimes I need chocolate and wine to give me some comfort. Not the healthiest of choices but sometimes it just makes me feel better.

Time will help heal and hopefully you don't run into more heartbreak.

I just realized that my healthy lifestyle is very prone to my mood :( If I'm not feeling good at all, it will be hard for me to avoid emotional eating.. Well, I can, but it's really hard and forcing something too much can get me frustrated at the end. I'll try my best to minimize my emotional eating.

---

Week 2 summary:

- I let myself eat some unhealthy food, but this time I can control the portion.

- Slow progress on my goal, but now I can fit into smaller size clothes. Still tight, but now I can wear it.

28/9/14

Weight: 68.5 kg (-0.5)

Neck: 36 (-1)

Chest: 95 (+1)

Waist (narrow): 79 (-1)

Waist (naval): 83 (+1)

Hip: 93 (-1)

Calf: 39 (+1)

Arm: 32 (+1)

Fluctuating numbers, I don't know maybe I didn't put the measurement tape at the the same place as before.

I can't post my weekly summary last week because I went out of town for training and then caught a cold due to lack of sleep.. I didn't pay much attention to what I eat and skipped exercise for a week and maybe more this week until I feel better.

And the heartbreak situation clearly affected my healthy lifestyle because it totally poisoned my mind. I know I need a strong and positive mind in order to keep going. But the way he just vanished into thin air without any news and no replies for a week after we met, like I never existed, is like having a big memo "I am so ugly" on my forehead. And those negative words stuck in my mind.

I feel ugly, despised and worthless. This bad self-image insecurity is worse than any number on my scale and hurt more than a tighter jeans. 

In short, I got thrown out of balance: lack of sleep due to excessive overanalyzing and crying, eating bad food because I let myself using this method to soothe my heartache, skipping exercise because I'm still having fever.

So what will I do next?

My heart said screw everything, no matter what I do I still got hurt and feel ugly.

My mind said relax, it happens to everyone. So what if you're ugly. You'll get over it. Now suck it up and just finish the challenge. 

Since my heart is currently sick, it will be wise if I listen to my mind.

Week 4 summary:

- Eating bad food won't heal any heartbreak. Don't be fooled. 

I'm going to go back to my healthy eating. I'll start with good breakfast first.

- No exercise means no toned, athletic look. 

I'll wait for this cold to go away completely and then go back to my routine calendar.

- For body measurements, I got +1 cm on waist, hip and thigh.

This is bad. I have to go back to my senses before it's getting worse.

Ahh I missed a week of posting my update!

Summary of Week 5: had a double flu. Crazy. I can't exercise.

Summary of Week 6: Still not allowed for light exercise. But I paid more attention to nutrition and sleep so I can heal faster.

Result:

I'm smaller by using my tight clothes as an indicator and I'm happy because I can wear more clothes now :D

By tape measurements, I lost 1 - 2 cm on most of the parts of my body. By scale, I didn't lose weight.

Well, I think I didn't completely fail this challenge, but I didn't get the success that I wanted. Even though I didn't drop this challenge, I still failed to update this thread weekly.

Next challenge should be better!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines