Nymeria's 10th: Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Nymeria

I'm excited about you getting back to the bo staff! It's a really fun weapon. And your Adulting was all very adult! It sounds like a super productive weekend.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

All I see are just great points on your challenge, Nym!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

must do the TMNT workout too :D I need some chucks, sai and swords Oo good thing i'm gradually getting the chucks XD

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Week 1 recap:

So, here are the totals:

Alcohol: 2 drinks (target <=1)Electronics off at 10: 4 days (target 5)Not taking life too seriously: OK so far!cleaning: 10 tasks done (target 10) ; mobility: 126 minutes (target 120)

Alcohol: -I ended up having a drink yesterday.  It's a bit tough for me to stick with this, since I'm not really cutting back because I think I drink too much.  It just seemed like an easy way to decrease empty calories from my diet.  Grade C.

Electronics off: The electronics off goal has been fine.  The only day I missed was Monday, when I stayed up late to watch the USA vs. the world Ninja warrior thing.  I've been reading much more, and I've been falling asleep much more easily as a result of this goal. Grade B.

Not Taking life too seriously: Things have been great with the goal against taking life too seriously.  I'm getting much better at stopping myself from getting too upset or stressed about things.  It has been helpful to stop and laugh at things when I'm feeling stressed.  Grade A.

Cleaning: Cleaning is going great!  The house is much less cluttered, and goals like this really keep me on track!  Grade A.

​Mobility: Also, the mobility is going great, and I exceeded my goal.  Grade A.  BUT...  Part of the point of the goal was to sneak mobility exercises into some of my "dead" time, like when I'm waiting for the school bus, during commercials, when I'm watching the kids play outside, when I'm cooking, etc.  I didn't really do that.  This week, I'll hopefully have a little more success.  

Mini challenge: Did a lot of kicking and weapons work to help the ninja turtles.  :)

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Week 2, Day 1:

Workout:

I kind of did a multi circuit thing, where I hit some strength stuff, some leg PT, and some parkour. 

Circuit 1: 3 times

-10 Burpees

-(rings) partial ROM dip up -> 10 second tucked l sit hold -> full ROM dip negative

-10 Box jumps 18"

-(rings) skin the cat x 3 into tucked back lever.

-PK vaults (10x safety, speed, easy, monkey).

Circuit 2: 2 times (would have done it a 3rd time, but the mats were too slippery from the sweat)   ;)

-10 PK rolls

-5 handstand front rolls

-5 cartwheels

-5 back roll into handstand (I don't know why, but I keep ending up on one forearm rather than the hand).

-5 straddle press into yoga headstand.

Circuit 3: 3 times

-10 broad jumps (I can't clear 6' yet, but I'm back to a solid 5' jump)

-(rings) 4 offset pull ups

-8 pike push ups

-3/leg assisted pistols

- (rings) inverted rows.

12 minutes of stretching and mobility.

Cleaning - Massive toy decluttering in basement.

• Like 3

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

nice week 1! I just had an AMAZING adulting day lol I cleaned my whole house, made meals for the next few days and got my paperwork organised.

I feel like I can breathe now! ADULTS UNITE!

Well Done on keeping going and thanks for the inspiration :D

K80zd6L.jpg

• Like 3

Level 1 Hobbit Assassin (is that even a thing?!)

Strength (earth) +1, 

Dexterity (wind) +2, 

Stamina (fire) +1, 

Constitution (earth) +3, 

Wisdom (water) +5, 

Charisma (water) +2

Cleaning: Sometimes, cleaning the basement is like this

tumblr_n7fekdw3741rm5s50o1_500.png

I feel so conflicted.  I love you so much, little Legos, but not when you're embedded in my foot.  

At our new house the kids have free access to the LEGO box ... and it hurts. :lol: The older one just got into Minecraft, so you can imagine what's been going on!

Today, let myself get infected by Batwoman's thread, and I actually did some *gasp* jogging.  Really, though, it was more of a parkour run, since I actually just jogged to the playground, did a bunch of playground parkour, sprinted to various exercise stations on the park trail, stopped at each one to do more exercises and stuff, vaulted over objects, ran along the tops of benches, and did more things like that.  I probably only jogged a mile to a mile and a half, but I did discover that I can tolerate jogging if the weather is beautiful and if I'm using it as a means to get to the playground faster.  Jogging on its own is still just weird.

NOOOOOOOOOO not another one! :lol:;) Awesome! Parkour makes running good, yes.

​Mobility: Also, the mobility is going great, and I exceeded my goal.  Grade A.  BUT...  Part of the point of the goal was to sneak mobility exercises into some of my "dead" time, like when I'm waiting for the school bus, during commercials, when I'm watching the kids play outside, when I'm cooking, etc.  I didn't really do that.  This week, I'll hopefully have a little more success.  

I really like this. I did yoga while waiting for the kid's school bus last week and the week before. Too bad I won't be able to do that in the winter. I'm also still trying to get over the fear of looking strange, which to me means I must do whatever it was if I feel that worry. All the little bits add up!

• Like 2

5 back roll into handstand (I don't know why, but I keep ending up on one forearm rather than the hand).

Ooh, I want to learn these! Do you consider the difficulty to be more in technique or strength for getting up into the handstand from the backwards roll?

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Goal 3 is going to be a bit tested today.  So, the kiddos had a dental appointment yesterday.  My daughter (6 yrs old)had some swelling in her gums, and it turns out that one of her roots was missing and there was some sort of void in her gums.  So, they have to pull a molar.  My son (4 yrs old) had his first set of dental x-rays ever, and he has 5 cavities, two of them requiring crowns.  He'll also have to have his work done under sedation, which freaks me out a little.  I also feel like a shitty parent for letting the kids drink juice and not being careful enough with brushing their teeth.  Ugh.  

I know in the grand scheme of things, everything will be fine.  I'm just a bit stressed right now.  

My tutorials:

oh no! I'm so sorry. our boys had their first cavities this year and Fifteen was stoic and tough, as expected, and Eleven was a basket case and has to have a follow up with the special gentle dentist for kids. I think they're giving him nitrous, and last night I had to manage his expectations of what that was going to be like.

to be totally honest, between the boys going from our house to their mom's, and knowing how casual they are sometimes about brushing their teeth, and also knowing what I know about the stuff they eat and drink - I'm shocked it took so long. but every kids teeth enamel is different, and also there's the whole fluoride v. no fluoride thing, and other environmental factors. you're not a bad mom. everything *will* be fine.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Okay first, you're not a shitty parent, far from it. And it's natural of you to worry over your children, but everything will be fine and your kids will thank you afterwards ^^

Second, hooray for pk vaults :D how are they going? Explain to me what easy and monkey vault is for you because i'm probably using different names ^^ allthough i think it's the same as kong vault :)

Level 10 Bleu Gardien Assassin of the Lanomia Clan

Buddhist, Traceur, Martial Artist, Assassin, Templar

Strenght: 22 Constitution: 9 Dexterity: 4 Wisdom: 12 Stamina: 11 Charisma: 5
- My Epic Quest: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/28629-an-assassins-epic-quest/
- My Tenth-th Challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56054-cobaltswords-journey-chapter-10/

- Daily Battle Log: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/51677-cobaltswords-journey/

"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle" - "Nothing is true, everything is permitted"

Re: The cavities - 

Yeah.  I know my daughter's stuff has nothing to do with oral hygiene.  She only has one tiny cavity, and the tooth that needs to be pulled is just one of those freakish things that apparently can just happen.  I also know that my son has really porous baby teeth and almost no enamel, so he was going to be really prone to cavities.  The sedation really bothers me, and I'm always worried about weird complications.  

Ooh, I want to learn these! Do you consider the difficulty to be more in technique or strength for getting up into the handstand from the backwards roll?

Technique, or maybe a bit of both.  I can get my head off of the ground, mostly from the force of kicking my legs upward.  I certainly can't do a headstand push up.  Right now, my big problem, though, is that I can't get both hands flat on the ground.  Instead, I end up in some weird hybrid of a handstand and a forearm stand, where one hand is a bent arm handstand and the other is collapsed onto my forearm.  It's definitely worth a shot if you want to try it out.  

Okay first, you're not a shitty parent, far from it. And it's natural of you to worry over your children, but everything will be fine and your kids will thank you afterwards ^^
Second, hooray for pk vaults :D how are they going? Explain to me what easy and monkey vault is for you because i'm probably using different names ^^ allthough i think it's the same as kong vault :)

Easy is the one where you rotate over the obstacle with your belly down, and then kind of spin through the landing.  Monkey is a little different from kong, since for monkey ones, you plant your hands first, and then jump, whereas for kong ones, you jump and then touch your hands down while you're in the air.  

My tutorials:

Week 2, Day 1 (final) - I avoided the alcohol and turned off my phone at 10 last night.  Woot!  I also squeezed another 6 minutes of mobility work in at different points in the day.

Week 2, day 2:

Exercise: I was kind of sore today, so I kept things simple.

- 30 minutes of flexibility based yoga (counting as 25 minutes toward mobility goal and 5 toward meditation mini-challenge).  

- about 20 minutes of bo staff.  I'm plotting out how to do a series of tutorials for the staff without babbling too much in the process.  I'd love to encourage more people in the guild to play with weapons.  ;)

- another 5 minutes of shoulder and wrist prehab.

-Cleaning: I scrubbed all of the toilets and wiped down all of the bathroom vanities in the house.  

-Not taking life too seriously:  I had fun looking up some silly stuff on youtube.  The yoga and meditation also helped.  I feel like I'm coping pretty well.  

• Like 6

My tutorials:

Week 2, Day 1 (final) - I avoided the alcohol and turned off my phone at 10 last night.  Woot!  I also squeezed another 6 minutes of mobility work in at different points in the day.

Week 2, day 2:

Exercise: I was kind of sore today, so I kept things simple.

- 30 minutes of flexibility based yoga (counting as 25 minutes toward mobility goal and 5 toward meditation mini-challenge).  

- about 20 minutes of bo staff.  I'm plotting out how to do a series of tutorials for the staff without babbling too much in the process.  I'd love to encourage more people in the guild to play with weapons.   ;)

- another 5 minutes of shoulder and wrist prehab.

-Cleaning: I scrubbed all of the toilets and wiped down all of the bathroom vanities in the house.  

-Not taking life too seriously:  I had fun looking up some silly stuff on youtube.  The yoga and meditation also helped.  I feel like I'm coping pretty well.  

Oh, I love your secret plot. I think weapons sound so cool, I just don't know how to.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

hugs! You are coping very well I'd say (and I run shit...so there :P ) Seriously though, you are doing great and I am glad to see that you are finding positive ways to deal with life's stressors, I think that is a big key to happiness and balance, fwiw. 

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines