Wow TML! That's much improved! Excellent :)

Good work too, nice pace over 12 sets.

Damn I want to give you a high five it's thát much better :)

And big kudo's for taking an honest look after your initial reaction. What will you be aiming for calorie and protein wise?

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: It's all future KB Girl's problem

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Damn I want to give you a high five it's thát much better :)

And big kudo's for taking an honest look after your initial reaction. What will you be aiming for calorie and protein wise?

509aea630604f6ff74b077b94c9ae708-how-i-m

Thanks for the praise. I needed to spend some time getting comfortable under the bells. 

I've tried to type my response to your diet questions three times and rethink it each time. I don't know...that's my short answer. I've never been any good at counting calories. I tend to load up on fat and protein as much as I can, I cram some veggies in the cracks and stay away from sugar and flour except right after a hard workout when I tend to give myself a sweet snack. Here's a diet log I did in February as I was gearing up for my last round of weightloss. I will do something very similar and try and figure out how to attack my diet. I tend to go by feel alot so if you have input, let me know.

Barbarian of the Battle Logs

Battle Log

Well, it seems to have worked for you in the past. I'm not one for unnecesairily complicating things! The log looks like good choices.

Counting when you have a problem to figure out why works.. And it works if you're like me and absolutely suck at winging it.

But yea, at least, at the very least 1gr of protein a kg bdweight.

09/17/2014

Bodyweight: 202.9

Steps: 21,493

Nutrition:

Cal: UNK

Fat: UNK

Carb: UNK

Pro: UNK

Training: None (see notes)

Notes

• Laura had some complications this week, she tried to workout which caused some issues after the miscarriage so she got sidelined from working out again for a while. She asked if I'd be willing to take a long walk with her instead of training. We did and it was nice. Tonight the plan is for me to get back in they gym
  • I was thinking of starting my food log next week but then I thought, why wait? So here's the deal on me and food logs. I don't like doing them. I don't mind keeping track of what I eat but I hate try to figure out exactly how much I eat. What I tend to do is take a picture of each food item and guess at how much it is but I go alot more by how things feel as compared to am I getting the results I want. If I feel hungry or tired but am not losing, I'll try to tinker with nutrient balance. If I feel energetic and am gaining, time for volume restrictions. If I'm energetic and losing, I'm right where I want to be. Feel free to offer feedback and suggestions.
  • Like 1

Battle Log

I made it work-official today. I came back to my cube and everyone was enjoying delicious donuts provided by my boss. I said "I can't, I've got to lose weight, I'm officially dieting now." I've done this before at work so folks are used to it and will be supportive and not push me to eat junk. I work with pretty good people. This will be a helpful step.

• Like 2

Battle Log

I'm not really with counting and figuring calories as well. I just use the portion approach sometimes. This is one of my biggest challenges. It would be nice if we relied only on sunshine and water.

It is cool that you have the support of your coworkers.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

LEVEL 7 Genie Assassin

"When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.." African Proverb

Twitter|Battle Logs|1,2,3,4,5,6

09/18/2014

Bodyweight: 203.7

Steps: 16,042

Nutrition

Calories: 2245

Fat: 128.6

Carb: 77.5

Protein: 181

Training:

Long Cycle 24 kg 10 RPM 2:00 on/2:00 off

1. 20
  2. 20
  3. 20
  4. 20
  5. 14 (stopped at 20 seconds to go)

tinkered around with snatches but didn't have a full set in me

back squat 5X5 100KG

Notes:

• I struggled a little bit to get motivated to start. I think work has just been a bit much of late, my time has been in high demand and I'm struggling to keep my entire to-do list afloat.
  • Long Cycles were going well although at the end of set four I felt ready to lose my dinner. Fortunately I recovered enough to start round five but I didn't quite have what it took to finish it.
  • Snatches were pathetic. I've neglected them for so long because my technique is poor and I'd rather not tear off calluses. I'll need to figure out how to improve my form but I fear that the only good option is a camp which I have neither time or money for in the near future. I did record myself but it's so rife with errors I'm not quite sure where to start.
  • Back squats started out a bit slow but I seemed to finally achieve recovery part way through and kinda wished I had committed heavier.
  • From a numbers standpoint, I'm happy with nutrition for the day, that's pretty close to what I'd consider ideal. From a feel standpoint, I was good and hungry by the time I had supper, which tends to be the case, the gap from my last food at work to my first food at home tends to always be a little longer than I like. It leaves me a little draggy right after supper but I tend to just deal with it rather than change anything.

Battle Log

The diet approach seems very sensible to me. It wouldn't work for me because my brain would go weird, but you seem to be far more mentally stable ;)

Nice workout.. I know that feeling of being about to lose dinner. Good for you picking it back up again. I've got one of my people training for 24kg longcycle atm too! It's nice to compare because I know you've already done the full 10.

The snatches... well... too much RKC my friend :P I'd suggest starting with fixing your hip movement. You're pushing them forward as far as I can tell. It's terrible. Pull them back! You've got that down so beautifully in your longcycle i'm surprised it didn't translate to your snatch.

Hope your wife is ok!

Ugh, too long since last posting. Despite my weekends being "relaxing" I find that I have only a few hours to myself.  I wouldn't have it any other way mind you. I'm just reminded occasionally that is how it works.

The diet approach seems very sensible to me. It wouldn't work for me because my brain would go weird, but you seem to be far more mentally stable ;)

Nice workout.. I know that feeling of being about to lose dinner. Good for you picking it back up again. I've got one of my people training for 24kg longcycle atm too! It's nice to compare because I know you've already done the full 10.

The snatches... well... too much RKC my friend :tongue: I'd suggest starting with fixing your hip movement. You're pushing them forward as far as I can tell. It's terrible. Pull them back! You've got that down so beautifully in your longcycle i'm surprised it didn't translate to your snatch.

Hope your wife is ok!

• I don't know how sensible or non sensible my approach is but it's worked before so I'm trying again. Although I'm feeling less committed and I know that leads to failure.So I may end up needing to try new strategies.
  • The most I achieved in training prior to my actual ten minutes was six minutes. I have no idea how typical that is.
  • Yeah, I've done thousands of RKC style snatches and haven't committed to time to retraining myself. At some point I'll give it a go but I feel like I'm going to need some live feedback repetitively to get it rights
  • Laura's well, she lifted too soon after the miscarriage which can cause some issues. It scared her and took her a couple days to feel normal again. she tried a very easy bodyweight workout this weekend and had no issues which delighted her. She's not the same level lifter I am but she enjoys it and being told she can't do anything has been bugging her.
  • Not a response to one of the above but did you see the scores from the Vegas meet this weekend? Amazing results. When I think back on the fairly weak results of the US Championship, it makes me sad for our place on the world.

Without flip comments I don't have much to say, but I'm here man, from my perspective everything you do always looks good.

ha, not to worry. It internet is built on a rock solid foundation of flippancy. don't like my issues become yours.

09/19/2014

Bodyweight: 202.6

Training: none 

Notes:

• Our financial planner was supposed to come by but didn't. Laura was asking if we could head over to the cafe in the park with the extra time and it sounded good to me. I had Calamari Tacos and a beer. My least favorite thing about losing weight is that I can no longer tolerate alcohol. On beer and I was buzzing and needed a nap.

09/20/2014

bodyweight: UNK

Training:

Long Cycle 28 kg 1:00 on/1:00 off

1. 7
  2. 7
  3. 7
  4. 7
  5. 7
  6. 7
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 7
  10. 7
  11. 7
  12. 7

Kettlebell Snatch 20 kg 25/25, 20/20

Back Squat 100 kg 5 X 5 

notes:

• I have my food log for this day, I just haven't don the math. During the day it was pretty good but add in the tacos and beer and I'm pretty sure I blew it up. also, I have of the nutritional details of calamari tacos

09/21/2014

Bodyweight: UNK

Training: 

• row 5:00 at a pace faster than 500m / 2:00
  • TRX Atomic push ups X 5
  • TRX row X 10
  • TRX jump squat X 15
  • burpees 5:00 (did 40)
  • kettlebell thrusts 20 kg KBs X 5
  • kettebell snatch 20 kg KB X 5/5
  • kettlebell military press 20 kg KBs X 5
  • TRX atomic push ups X 5
  • TRX row X 10
  • TRX Jump Squat X 15

no more

Notes:

• GPP! I haven't done a GPP workout in forever. I love GPP workouts. I'll probably add more of these in again.
  • Again, I have the photos for the day, just no maths. This is why I hate calorie-type food logs. So much accounting

Week 1 Wrap up

I got in four kettlebell sessions, one GPP session and no running. Not quite what I set out to do but I'm not unhappy either. I need to find my conviction on this diet. I want to be done losing weight, I could wait until next spring, when I usually do my dieting but I'd rather no have to do one more year.

Week 2 Kick Off

The Plan

• Monday: Off - Burger King and Board Games
  • Tuesday: Long Cycle 28 kg (Is it time to ramp up a bit?), GPP
  • Wednesday: Long Cycle 24 kg, back squat and presses
  • Thursday: Long walk with Laura
  • Friday: Long Cycle 28 kg, Back Squat and Presses
  • Saturday: off (special all day board game fun at FFG)
  • Sunday: Long Cycle 24 kg, GPP

mm, I like the look of this week. A little more training wouldn't be bad but I like the potential for intensity.

Also, my flooring should finally ship!! Will it arrive this week or next?

Music:

A couple questions that I'm wondering about:

• How do you guys upload photos to NF? Whenever I try from Google Drive or phone (view the website) I get that my files are too large. I don't have a convenient photo editor unless I pull them down to my computer than send them back up but that's about four more steps than I'm really interested in.
  • aaaannnnd I forgot my other one....

Battle Log

Hey! I found my workout from roughly a year ago:

09/19/2013

Bodyweight 214.9
Nutrition
-breakfast 3 eggs, english muffin with peanut butter and jelly, coffee
-lunch: had coleslaw at about 10:30 then ate 3/4 lb pulled pork around 12:30
-supper: egg, english muffin
Training
-sport
--24K Long Cycle 4:30 27 reps
--5 min rest
--24K Long Cycle 4:30 2:30 19 reps (failed to complete full time)
-conditioning
--16K 1 Arm Long Cycle 37:00 410ish reps
Notes
-videoed the heavy sets you'll have to skip through the rest period
-the written plan called for two rounds of 4:00, which I've not yet completed. Can't 100% construct why I thought kicking this up to 4:30 was a great idea, obviosuly overextended myself.
-I quit the second set because I found myself cheating on the last couple reps that I did complete, rather than drop to the rack I dropped to my shoulders then slid into the rack, it was a stalling tactic to try an make the reps take longer and give me time to breath between lock out and rack. It seemed like a very clear signal that I was in over my head so I called it.
-The one arm stuff went pretty well, considering how long it was. I had to back into the number of reps. I knew I had done 50/50 multiple times and kept a pace that was decently over 7rpm but I lost count of the sets part way through. 
-I really wish that when I bought my pro bells from Richard, I would have taken his advice and bought a pair of 20s instead of 28s. I need to be working with the 20s at this point, 37 minutes with 16 is pretty silly. Next time I see him, I will buy 20s.

I also found in my log that almost exactly one year ago I had my last injury. This injury was never fully diagnosed but I believe I tore my oblique. I was in extreme pain for days, completely out of work, unable to help around the house. When I finally went to see a doctor, it was so painful I nearly vomited anytime I had to travel more than ten feet. It hurt more than my ruptured disc, by far. To this day, my right oblique sticks out a bit and is prone to spasms when fatigued.

Trying to avoid a repeat - ever.

Battle Log

ha, not to worry. It internet is built on a rock solid foundation of flippancy. don't like my issues become yours.

• Our financial planner was supposed to come by but didn't. Laura was asking if we could head over to the cafe in the park with the extra time and it sounded good to me. I had Calamari Tacos and a beer. My least favorite thing about losing weight is that I can no longer tolerate alcohol. On beer and I was buzzing and needed a nap.

Training: 

• TRX Atomic push ups X 5
  • TRX row X 10
  • TRX jump squat X 15
  • burpees 5:00 (did 40)
  • kettlebell thrusts 20 kg KBs X 5
  • kettebell snatch 20 kg KB X 5/5
  • kettlebell military press 20 kg KBs X 5
  • TRX atomic push ups X 5
  • TRX row X 10
  • TRX Jump Squat X 15

no more

• How do you guys upload photos to NF? Whenever I try from Google Drive or phone (view the website) I get that my files are too large. I don't have a convenient photo editor unless I pull them down to my computer than send them back up but that's about four more steps than I'm really interested in.

Yeah, but since you wrote about how rude it is in real life and I reflected on how much of my conversation is flippant, I've been trying to curb myself anyway.  It's hard man.

I love that place.  I only ever have one or two myself, just think about how much money you're saving.  Last night we went out for Pizza and Mrs. Sloth wouldn't have a beer because they were $6.  I shrugged and said, "My monthly beer budget is still way under yours."  Old 56 light - very good, crisp and drinkable, but not at all hoppy if you're into that sort of thing.

Great workout, it looks both hard and fun.

The only way I can post pictures is through tapatalk, but they come out huge.

Keep on keeping on my man.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Thanks...on all of that. My liquor budget dropped from something like $30 a month to, maybe twelve. Admittedly, a bottle of Johnny Walker or two a month was a much better deal but after I got genuinely drunk a couple times, something neither I nor Laura have ever done, it was time to be done. I now settle for a Surly a couple times a month at most. On one hand, I know that I'm not missing anything worth missing, on the other hand, I have this part of me that tells me I supposed to drink and like it.  It's almost certainly for the best.

Battle Log

• I don't know how sensible or non sensible my approach is but it's worked before so I'm trying again. Although I'm feeling less committed and I know that leads to failure.So I may end up needing to try new strategies.
  • The most I achieved in training prior to my actual ten minutes was six minutes. I have no idea how typical that is.
  • Yeah, I've done thousands of RKC style snatches and haven't committed to time to retraining myself. At some point I'll give it a go but I feel like I'm going to need some live feedback repetitively to get it rights
  • Laura's well, she lifted too soon after the miscarriage which can cause some issues. It scared her and took her a couple days to feel normal again. she tried a very easy bodyweight workout this weekend and had no issues which delighted her. She's not the same level lifter I am but she enjoys it and being told she can't do anything has been bugging her.
  • Not a response to one of the above but did you see the scores from the Vegas meet this weekend? Amazing results. When I think back on the fairly weak results of the US Championship, it makes me sad for our place on the world.
  • When you need input on new diet strategies just let me know. And really I think half the reason for a strategy is to give yourself new motivation.
  • That is pretty typical for a first time with a certain weight. 6 or 7 minutes is what I shoot for with my athletes.
  • Wish I could pop over to assist with that. Oh well..
  • Good, it's good to hear Laura is doing well! Being a woman sucks sometimes.
  • I did see the results, pretty jaw dropping! just keep in mind that was the top of the world over there. It's unreasonable to expect USA to do well so soon, they've got to catch up. Though you did totally get a gold medal for Melissa Swanson! 
  • Tapatalk.

09/23/2014

Bodyweight: 202.3

Training:

Long Cycles 28 kg 1:00 on / 1:00 off 7 RPM 12 rounds

GPP Circuit

• Overhead walking lunge 20 kg KB X 2 5/5
  • Military Press 20 kg KB X 2, 5 reps
  • Renegade Row 24 kg 5/5
  • One Arm Swing 28 kg 10/10, 10/10
  • rest 50% as long as it took to do the set
  • 5 rounds

notes:

• I dropped trying to do any tracking. I just don't have the energy or time to spare right now. Still being diligent on actual intake.
  • I seriously considered skipping last night. I needed to write some code yesterday so I found a quiet corner and sat for three hours straight. It was a very fruitful 3 hours but boy did it leave me aching, I'm not used to sitting that long without moving around. The low ache combined with it being a year ago since my last injury (I know there is no relationship but that doesn't stop the juju from messing with me) made me question it. I'm glad I did the workout, once I was moving things felt better.
  • I had more but I've forgotten it
  • Like 1

Battle Log

09/24/2014

bodyweight: 199.9

training

24 kg LC 2:00 on/2:00 off

1. 20
  2. 21
  3. 20

end

notes:

• My mind was on everything but my training tonight. My three sets were good and I was pushing as hard as I could but once I couldn't recover for the fourth set, I thought I'd come back for the fifth. Then I thought I'd move on with squats, nope, I was out of it. I didn't sleep really well last night (upset stomach) and I did a rare thing for me, I brought work home. I'm typing this while one of my programs runs so I can check it for errors. My brain was on all that and I was thinking about how, if I stay healthy, I'm so far ahead of where I was last year. All that stuff together meant crumby training night. ah well.
  • tomorrow is a long walk with Laura. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping we do the 3-4 mile loop to a nearby lake.

Author's note: the program did generate an error, I missed a space. I fixed it and it runs now. Only a million more lines to go.

• Like 1

Battle Log

I do most of my programming in SQL. I've used other languages in the past but these days I'm primarily doing business intelligence (reporting and analytics) for the pharmacy department of a very large retailer in the US. Tonight I'm finishing writing the code that will tell us how our government devised quality ratings will come out before the government calculates them.

• Like 1

Battle Log

One of those days! How come you brought this work home? Big deadline?

have you dropped doing long sets for the moment btw?

short deadline and my India programmers aren't getting the job done on this one. I've had an increasing to-do list over the last couple months and my pile was threatening to fall over.

periodization experiment - one more week of really heavy, short, intense sets then I'll back off a little and test. Then I'll do the long sets again.

EDIT: I should add that if you have thoughts regarding my little experiment, please feel free to share them.

Battle Log

I'm mostly curious about your experiment! I'm looking forward to the test results. 

Really I think shorter/heavier/intenser might just be the way to go during "off season" training. Endurance should be easier to build up. So i'm curious mostly.

Of course the russians don't agree with this at all.

Of course the russians don't agree with this at all.

That's part of why I'm doing it. :)

The Russians love linear periodization. Linear periodizationis most successful with two groups: the untrained and the super trained who are also using drugs. Because the Russians love linear periodization and the Russians seems to be the best at GS, everyone is copying what they're doing. My hypothesis is that their training approach is poor but that they are winning through familiarity and starting younger. I think that in a couple decades, they will be copying other people and trying to reclaim the title.

This experiment with Conjugate Periodization will last several months and will involve at least two different mesocycles. Each mesocycle will last approximately three weeks with one week between to back off a couple days, test and ramp up a couple days. I'll work one mesocycle of longer sets (6-12) minutes that will focus on submaximal weights but will make me train beyond the ten minute window. The second mesocycle will focus on higher loads (I'm counting higher RPM in here two but there is an argument that this should be it's own cycle) for shorter duration.

Below is my attempt to document what I'm thinking. It's not law, it's just me writing it down and offering it up for discussion

Macrocycle:

six months, of six meso cycles, looking to improve my 28 kg long cycle by double - to 8 minutes at a 6 RPM pace during testing while training. I'm hoping this will put me over the 10 minute 6 RPM hump to earn my CMS (I need 57 at 85 kg to earn it).

Mesocyle:

Approximately four weeks beginning and ending with a 28 kg long cycle test in a training environment.  

Week 0  (starting mid week) - test, two workouts

Week 1, 2, 3 - four kettlebell lifting specific workouts

Week 4 - zero or one kettlebell workouts. If I do one, it will be dialed back a bit. ends with testing.

Microcycles:

Intensity

1. competition weight for 1-3 minutes between 8 - 12 minutes total at roughly competition speed. The idea is to get used to being under a heavier weight.

2. sub competition weight for 2-5 minutes between 8 - 12 minutes at anaerobic pace

Volume

1. sub competition weight for multiple 5-8 minute sets at roughly competition speed for a total around 20 minutes

2. sub competition weight for a single set greater tan ten minutes at competition speed. I may play around with pace and weight on this one.

• Like 2

Battle Log

That is very interesting! We've definitely been thinking along the same lines. I agree with your linear progression assessment. Special russian candies ;)

I must admit that I think this mostly works for (double) longcycle training, because with snatch there is an added factor of grip improvements that will not be gained from simply increasing strength/pace/endurance. Any thoughts on that dilemma?

Sorry this is so long winded. I realized how long it was and went back and put in headers so you can read what you want and skip what you want

Background:

Grip is super slow to develop. In strongman training it was a constant factor. In addition, any over use injuries are super slow to heal because they are usually in the tendons rather than muscles. The general prescription for grip strength was frequent, low volume work.

In grip circles there are three kinds of grip strength: static, pinching and crushing. A snatch is primarily about static grip strength. training each of the three types helps the other two but not as much as people often thing. So the prescription for kettlebell grip strength would normally be lots of holds.This could be accomplished with deadlifts, farmer walks, bar hangs and kettlebells swings among other lifts

generally on the topic of Snatch:

Regarding grip in the snatch specifically I'm no expert. I'm no where near a single hand switch during ten minutes. So, I'm not sure I would take training advice from me on this.

I usually train the the most technical lift first whenever I train. If I'm training snatches, these go first. Obviously this fits into whatever programming I'm working on and may be limited by my grip. Later in the same workout I would program accessory lifts that work the static grip. Things like swings, 1/2 snatches, barbell pulls or even farmer walks are good candidates. Those run the risk of over taxing other areas that are already heavily worked during the snatch so lots of attention must be paid to lower back and shoulders as well. Bar hangs, toes to bar, pull ups and rope climbs also should be programmed as this will tax the grip but mix up the other areas of the body that are being worked.

I would do these grip intensive workouts twice a week with non-grip intensive workouts (usually involving pushing type accessory lifts) on my other kettlebells training days. I think this exact type of programming is exactly why the biathlon is the primary event in kettlebell lifting.

Where I think I'm actually answering your questions:

I'm not sure all that addresses your question which I think boils down to, how do I make grip NOT a limiting factor in my snatch training. I think that the answer to this is that you have to embrace grip as your primary goal for a while. If grip limits snatches then training grip is training snatches. At some point that will go away and you'll find your conditioning or lower back strength is limiting your grip training through snatches. Then you move that piece to the forefront of your snatch training.

• Like 3

Battle Log

09/25/2014

training:

none

notes:

tonight we were booked for a long walk. We had failed to account for how dramatically dusk has shifted. We still took a decent walk but it was a couple miles at most. 

09/26/2014

training:

long cycles 2:00 on/ 2:00 off

24 kg X 21 reps

24 X 20 

24 X 20

24 X 8

20 kg X 24

20 X 24

Superset

back squat 120 kg 5 sets of 3

overhead press 60 kg 5 sets of 5

notes

• I'm really missing my pull up bar for these. It's first on my list when I get some money to put into the gym
  • I did some 16 kg snatches. I normally start on my left side but for whatever reason I started on my right. I got 75 snatches in before hand change. I felt like I could go to 100 if I had to. On my left side, it's clear that my technique is much worse. I only made it 30 reps before skin discomfort was high enough to make me quit

09/27/2014

training: none

notes:

I special no-workout day. My usual Monday night is about three hours of boardgaming with a friend/co worker. We missed several Mondays over the course of the summer and he started asking for a make up day. I had long mentioned the idea of picking a Saturday to get together and plan games for an extended period. This Saturday we went to Fantasy Flight Events Center (a local board game company that has a huge space for people to come and play games) and played from 10:30 to 4:30. I know hardcore games who do this and more regularly. For me it was a great treat but not something I have the time or desire to do each week. We learned four new games and had some fun.

I also had an unusual food experience. I got home from gaming and could tell that Laura was itching to go out for food. At first we were going to go to eh cafe in the park but it had at least a 30 minute line. We can go anytime we want so when we see a line like that, we make other plans. Instead we went to an Italian that we used to frequent, Al Vento. We shared and appetizer, I had the basic spaghetti and meatballs which is really good there. I suddenly found I was way overly stuffed. Uncomfortably so. I used to eat this meal and more frequently. Apparently my stomach volume tolerance has changed. I was so uncomfortably full. 

09/28/2014

training:

long cycle 28 kg

1. 6
  2. 7
  3. 7
  4. 7
  5. 7
  6. 7
  7. 7
  8. 7
  9. 7
  10. 7
  11. 7
  12. 7

Circuit 

Overhead walking lunge 20 kg X 2 5/5

Military press 20 kg x 2 5

Renegade Row 35 kg X 2 5/5

One arm swint 28 kg 10/10 X 2

5 rounds, each four minutes

Notes:

still full this am, so I just had a little oatmeal, lunch was an egg sandwich, supper was half of a very large chicken breast and a tomatoe chutney my wife made that was good. A food light day for me. 

Tomorrow is game night so no training

Week Wrap Up:

A pretty solid week. I think the extra accessory lifts are impacting the following training more than I would like but I'm going to keep them for now. This was week 2 of the mesocycle, if I programmed it right, I should be feeling a little sluggish and not quite 100%. I would say that is true. I'm finding the 28 kg sets to be fine but the faster 24kg sets are a challenge. 

Next week

Monday: off

Tuesday 24 kg 10 rpm 2:00 on 2:00 off, barbell accessory work

Wednesday 28 kg 6-7 rpm 1:00 on, 1:00 off, circuit accessory work

Thursday: long walk (already trying to plan this better than last week)

Friday: 24 kg 10 rpm 2:00 on, 2:00 off, circuit accessory

Saturday: 28 kg 1:00 on, 1:00 off, barbell accessory

Sunday: jog or long walk

Also, I called the people with my gym flooring, they're about a week behind schedule and are saying I should get delivery info Monday or Tuesday of this week and that delivery should come Friday of this week or Monday of next. That would work out just fine because it looks like I'll be home those days. I might even move my workout schedule around a bit to spend a day pulling stuff out of the gym, putting down the flooring and putting everything back.

Music for the week

• Like 1

Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines