• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phoenix Burning

[Phoenix Burning] Second Verse, Same as the First

11 miles. My, my, my!

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 1

WOOOOOO!! So excited that your 11 mile run went so well!

It's time to jam to "Everything is AWESOME" now, methinks. B)

I was thinking of it! Would have posted from YouTube, but phones are annoying. Another week or two, and I will have real internets on my laptop!

You are doing great and you signed up for a half. That parallettes training sounds pretty neat. Geeze your pacing sounds like it is going well too!

I knew the pacing would improve with cooler weather. I really can't take the heat. Still slow for most people, but faster for me!

Wow, great job on that run!!

Thanks! Pretty chuffed about it myself.

11 miles. My, my, my!

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Must have been running from lions and tigers and bears. ;p
  • Like 1

I was thinking of it! Would have posted from YouTube, but phones are annoying. Another week or two, and I will have real internets on my laptop!

I knew the pacing would improve with cooler weather. I really can't take the heat. Still slow for most people, but faster for me!

Thanks! Pretty chuffed about it myself.

Must have been running from lions and tigers and bears. ;p

Oh beaaaarsssss~ YOU CHOOKY DAAVIL :L

(Unless, what I am thinking is not what you are thinking. In that case, ignores pleases )

Oh beaaaarsssss~ YOU CHOOKY DAAVIL :L

(Unless, what I am thinking is not what you are thinking. In that case, ignores pleases )

It was a Wizard of Oz reference because of your "my, my, my". "Lions and tigers and bears, oh, my".
  • Like 1

It was a Wizard of Oz reference because of your "my, my, my". "Lions and tigers and bears, oh, my".

Oooooooooohhhh (I have to watch it now)

My 11mile run went spectacularly. It was a gorgeous morning, and I felt so good, I took 1.5 minutes off my pace and still felt pretty strong at the end, except that my knee was kinda bugging me the very last mile. I ran so fast, in fact, that 11 miles only took about 6 minutes longer than 9.5 miles two weeks ago. Gotta watch my form better at that pace, though, if I want to avoid a return of ITBS.

I feel awesome!

Dang. That's ridiculous that 11 miles took very little longer than 9! Color me impressed.

• Like 2

I ran "hills" today on the treadmill. I need to rotate a hills workout in at least once a week because my area is pretty flat, but there are 2-3 steep bridges in the race.

Also, I reinstituted my post-run workout to cross train and prevent injury. Definitely not happy with my knee's complaints on that long run. I did my usual MovNat lower body MOD.

• Like 2

I ran "hills" today on the treadmill. I need to rotate a hills workout in at least once a week because my area is pretty flat, but there are 2-3 steep bridges in the race.

My first 5k, I trained in my neighborhood, which has a few slight hills, but nothing super drastic.

Come race day, I get to the course and the first stretch is up a huge hill, which serves as a ski slope in the winter.

It took me like an hour and a half to finish that 5k. :P

My first 5k, I trained in my neighborhood, which has a few slight hills, but nothing super drastic.

Come race day, I get to the course and the first stretch is up a huge hill, which serves as a ski slope in the winter.

It took me like an hour and a half to finish that 5k. :P

Oh, my! There was a bridge like that in my 15K (affectionately known to runners as the Green Monster), cruelly placed at the very end when you are exhausted. I saw a fireman run up it in full gear, though, and his young son. I got over it some how, and then it was fun to let gravity carry me over the finish line on the descent!

How's your week going?

Meh. Things have gotten a little crazy with the arrival of my husband on last Friday and the second half of our furniture and household goods this Thursday. I haven't exercised at all since Tuesday and my diet has been awful. Wednesday was a planned rest day. Thursday, I had intended to run, bit I was expecting the movers to arrive Friday, but they called Wednesday night and said they would be here Thursday morning. They lied. They came Thursday evening, so I sat around all day expecting them an minute for nothing, and then had an exhausting even unpacking. Friday, most of the day was more unpacking and trying to figure out where stuff goes and hang pictures, etc. Then we all went out to eat and did a little shopping. It is now Saturday, and I could possibly make up one workout, but tomorrow is my long run, so I don't know if I want to do anything that could negatively affect it.

Part of me feels like a lazy bum for skipping two workouts, but part of me feels like fitness sometimes has to bend for life, you know?

• Like 2

Oh man, PB, sorry about the movers being a bit douchey. And exercise is part of life and it does have to give, like everything does, as life puts bigger things into your pot on any given day. It's just a day or two, it's not a new habit trying to take hold. It's okay, I think. Don't judge yourself harshly, you are making all aspects of your life work alongside each other.

I hope the move saga is coming to a close soon. It's an exhausting thing. Hug the hubby and relax a bit between unpacking. Hugs!

• Like 2

Somedays our priorities need to change.  Flexibility is rather important.  Taking care of your home/move is taking care of yourself and your family.  Last time I moved packing and unpacking is a lot of work.  I found out one day of moving boxes upstairs and the usual running around that I did the stairs in our place 10 times in one given hour.  I did the stairs a lot more during the course of unpacking one day.  That is definitely exercise.  Think of all the times you squat down, bend over, stand up, sit down, do the stairs, and so on.  Who needs a workout outside of the one you got moving!

Next time we move I am definitely doing movers.  Sorry they threw your day out of whack.  Yay for the long run tomorrow!

• Like 2

Oh man, PB, sorry about the movers being a bit douchey. And exercise is part of life and it does have to give, like everything does, as life puts bigger things into your pot on any given day. It's just a day or two, it's not a new habit trying to take hold. It's okay, I think. Don't judge yourself harshly, you are making all aspects of your life work alongside each other.

I hope the move saga is coming to a close soon. It's an exhausting thing. Hug the hubby and relax a bit between unpacking. Hugs!

At first, I was thinking, "How did you know the movers were Douchy?". Then, I realized you were talking about how late they were, which was only the beginning. They also broke stuff, stained our carpet, and kept bringing in boxes that were not ours. Altogether rough move. However, this was the final stage and we are now settled in the new place.

Sometimes life interferes. And you probably got at least some exercise unpacking ;-) No need to call yourself bad names!

Unpacking is definitely very active. I'm trying not to be too hard on myself, but I have gotten to the point where regular exercise is such a routine that missing it three days in an row puts me in a bad mood. Which, in a way, is kind of cool. It means the habit is well established. Now if I could get to the same point with my eating, I would be unstoppable!

Somedays our priorities need to change.  Flexibility is rather important.  Taking care of your home/move is taking care of yourself and your family.  Last time I moved packing and unpacking is a lot of work.  I found out one day of moving boxes upstairs and the usual running around that I did the stairs in our place 10 times in one given hour.  I did the stairs a lot more during the course of unpacking one day.  That is definitely exercise.  Think of all the times you squat down, bend over, stand up, sit down, do the stairs, and so on.  Who needs a workout outside of the one you got moving!

Next time we move I am definitely doing movers.  Sorry they threw your day out of whack.  Yay for the long run tomorrow!

You're right, and I do believe flexibility is part of life. And then you get back on track!
  • Like 1

Today's long run turned out to be a scheduled 4 miles with Magic Mile, and ever since the last MM bombed, I have kind of been dreading attempting another one. Plus, a magic mile is what put me out of the last half I was registered for (injured my ankle), so even more nervous. So after those two factors and the fact that a) I forgot to charge my Garmin and had no way to measure speed or distance and B) the only purpose of the MM is to determine max race pace and I have decided not to run at max pace, I skipped the MM and ran for an hour, which is approximately 4 miles. More or less. I pushed the pace a bit, but my knee really doesn't like it. One more reason I am not attempting max pace on race day. I want to enjoy the race, not hate the experience because I am pushing so hard. Felt good to hear the pavement again. Next weekend, 12.5 miles! So close!

• Like 4

Hey, it sounds like you are back on track! I TOTALLY sympathize with your hectic hubby's home week, you're in good company. Hopefully things are starting to feel back to normal.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're getting back on track after the moving troubles. I agree with everyone who said you should forgive yourself for having to be flexible. The reason we get stronger is to better surf the ups and downs of life, right?

Felt good to hear the pavement again.

Yay!

Absolutely fitness should bend for life, and I'm glad you allowed yourself flexibility! And it's great that you adjusted your run according to how you were feeling. Best of luck on the 12.5 miles and have fun!! 

• Like 1

All that moving must've hurt! All that sweating and running and soring body parts—all that up and down and up again—must have taken a toll on you.

Wait~ wait~

THATS EXERCISE OF THE HIGHEST LEVEL! GOOD FOR YOU!:D

Sometimes, no exercise is a good thing. You need go calm yourself and rest your body

You did great!

• Like 1