• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anaticula

Anaticula: Fish on a Bicycle

Ahoy fellow cut lass! Your challenges looks like a lot of fun, especially with heading to Camp! I especially love your meditation goal, it was a favorite habit I built last challenge and really enjoy. Are you using any particular guides/apps/resources? Subbed!

• Like 2

I think its a great thing to do an actual triathlon quite fast, to keep motivation and get that feeling of acomplishment. I dont know any tri left for this year anywhere near where I live. But I might sigb up for a running race or something just to get the feeling of a race day.

You might want to consider adding some biking and running bricks in your challenge. Taking a bike ride and afterwards run. Its a strange feeling to start to run after a lobger bike ride so its good to prepare the body for that. :-)

• Like 1

You are doing two tri's and Camp Nerd fitness!?!?!  You rock Girlfriend!!!!  You are truly an inspiration.

Love your quests and look forward to hearing about all your successes!  Just keep swimmin'!

• Like 3

Been a busy weekend.  Saturday I managed to ride my full hour and a half, which was how long it took me to get my ten miles in.  The heat  and humidity were horrible, and I hadn't figured that in to the time it would take.  I started at 6 am, and was still covered in sweat.  I hope that my tri is on a cloudy day! When I finished my riding I had to head back home to get ready for a birthday party.  The party included a pizza lunch.  My friend's son was turning 15 and was thrilled he got to go in the restaurant's kitchen and make his own pizza in their fire oven. (We know the manager and she had us come in an hour before the restaurant opened.) I managed to find a relatively health pear pizza and salad. After the party I had to run errand and work on homework.  Once it got a little cooler around 4 or so I headed to the park where I got my three mile walk/jog in.  My trained told me about a phone app that uses the gps to track how far you walk and how fast, so you don't have to buy extra equipment. :) I'm still slow, but I've progressed from 22 minutes per mile to 18 minutes per mile. :D After that I headed to the pool and got my daily swim in. Again, I'm pretty slow, but I'm getting faster. :) 

Today I didn't get to exercise at all, and I missed it.  I never thought I would say that, but I really did.  I did homework all morning, then headed to my mom's where we played a few rounds of cards, then it was back home and homework until now.  Now I'm going to work some more on my Toadette costume, then head to bed early so I can make my 5am swim! 

My trainer has got some serious workout planned for me this week.  As I'll be away at camp Thurs-Sun he has me doing extra workouts Monday and Tuesday, then lots of walking/jogging and swimming for while I'm at camp. I tried to explain to him that it's a fitness camp and I'll already be working out extra each day.  Going to be interesting trying to fit his workouts in with camp stuff, because I know if I don't do them he'll reassign them next week with extras!

@ tundralily - I have a few meditations I have downloaded from itunes, and I have an app the druids recommended to me when I asked about meditations.  I don't have the name with me, but I'll get it for you tomorrow!

@J-man - my trainer has assigned me one this Wednesday and said I'll be repeating it next Monday.  I took off work those two days, so he decided to make sure I used them for training. I've gone from biking to jogging, and it is definitely tough, it takes a few steps to remember how to move properly! I've never gone from the 10 miles biking to the jogging before though, so I imagine Wednesday is going to be really tough!

@Primeval - Thanks! I wasn't sure if I should join the scouts at first as I'm pretty slow, but then I realized no one here will be judging me on how quickly I move, but instead cheering me on that I am moving. :)

@ LiserFrenche - Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading your challenge too!

• Like 5

I hear the intention in your voice. This is awesome. You are going to kick the challenge so hard it makes a challenge-shaped hole in the barn. :)

I'm going to be Toadette. I'll keep an eye out for you! 

I will be looking for Toadette. You should be easy to spot with my magnifying glass. 

Camp in 4 days! *bounce*

I know I'm so excited about camp.  If it weren't for the fact that I'm pretty much only bringing my costumes and workout clothing I'd already be packed, but I need my workout clothing to workout before I go! I suspect Wednesday will be a day of doing laundry and packing. :lol: I'm still working on making my hat for my toadette costume and haven't yet had a chance to get started on the vest, so I think that's another thing I'll be doing Wednesday. 

My swimming went great this morning. :) My trainer had me do a time test to see how fast I could swim my 300 yards in (the tri is 300 meters, but he said to do yards as that's what our pool is in) and I managed to swim it in 11 minutes and 6 seconds. :D I know that there will be a lot of people faster than me, but at least it won't take me the thirty minutes I guesstimated time as, lol.  Also, I told my mom about the tri and she has decided she is going to come watch. :) So now I'll have not only my trainer, but also my mom waiting from me.  (and 4 or 5 of R's other people he trains) I will admit, knowing that people are going to be waiting for me to finish makes me a bit nervous, but it'll be nice to have people cheering me on.

This weekend I was talking with one of my friends about how I'm trying to get healthy and she seemed really interested in the website, so she may be joining. :) Another of my friends mentioned that seeing the changes I've made has made her look into finding out if her insurance company will pay for her to join a gym, and she has found one they pay half the fee on.  I'm really excited that the two of them are now looking into making some healthy changes too. :D

• Like 2

Congrats on an awesome swim time! :) And you're going to have so much fun at camp, oh man, wish I was going!!

And that's awesome that you're inspiring people around you to get healthier! You kick ass, lady!  B)

Found this quote in a book I'm reading fro class.  wish they said who said it.

"The sage does not attempt anything very big and thus achieves great things."

Made me think of how we set about making small changes every six weeks in order to meet our goals instead of trying to change our whole lives all at once. :)

• Like 2

Found this quote in a book I'm reading fro class.  wish they said who said it.

"The sage does not attempt anything very big and thus achieves great things."

Made me think of how we set about making small changes every six weeks in order to meet our goals instead of trying to change our whole lives all at once. :)

That is from the Tao Te Ching. :panda:

• Like 1

Yesterday was busy and I was so sleepy. A couple of times at work I nearly fell asleep.  I don't know if it is because the book I was reading about systems analysis was so boring (it was) or if I'm simply not getting enough energy from my food. I tend to get enough sleep these days even though I wake up at 4:30 because I often go to sleep at 8 pm, or on a 'late' night I'll stay up until 9:30 during the week. When I got off work at 4 I ended up swinging by a fast food place and grabbing an icecream and a hotdog because I was hungry from an unsatisfying lunch. I've really got to start packing better lunches for myself. I also need to look into what sort of healthy food provide energy.  I'm guessing spinach or something like that...

Anyways, when I made it home I was very very sleepy, probably from the bad food on top of the lack of energy. We had a pepsi in the fridge from the other day and I was tempted to pour a glass and claim I needed it for the caffeine. Instead I drug myself to the gym and started a half-hearted workout. The workout woke me up a bit.  I finished the leg machines and headed to the free weights to do my arms.  It was packed.  Way too many people.  I fled. Ran into my coach on the way out and he asked why I was leaving.  I explained that there were just too many people. He suggested I just grab some weights and work out in the rowing classroom. I though about it, but then remembered my brother has a 20lb dumbbell at home, so instead I headed home and did my arms there.  The 20 lbs is way more than I'm used to using, so my arms are pretty sore this morning.

This morning has gotten off to another sleepy start. When I turned on the lights I couldn't figure out why it was still dark, then I realized I hadn't yet opened my eyes. Made it to the gym where I did Thursday's swim workout as I just found out we aren't going to be able to use the pool at camp. :( Between the drills and freestyle I had to swim 1,000 yards.  He wanted me to do it in 30 minutes, but it took me 50.  I suspect he copied someone else's time goal into my plan as before this the most he had me swim was 800 yards in 50 minutes. 

Now I'm at work and sleepy again. I hope I wake up soon because I want so badly to grab a soda and have the caffeine wake me up.  But I've done so good in staying away from them.  Yesterday was 5 weeks with no soda. I have to figure something out.

This evening I have to go for a 2 mile jog and time myself for my goal time for the Triathlon.  Then I have an hour long bike ride scheduled.  And if I finish both in time I want to go to rowing class. Not sure it that will happen or not as I also have homework due tonight.

Tomorrow is the first day of my vacation. :D Going to camp will be the first time I have actually gone somewhere on vacation in years. Tomorrow I have my swimming lesson, then my trainer wants me to attempt to do the whole Triathlon in a brick training session. I'm planning to get all that done first thing in the morning.  Then I have to finish getting my camp stuff together and pack.  Thursday I have to head out early to get to the airport for 6 am.  My plane leaves at 6:40.  I can't wait. I'm really excited about camp.

Now, if I can just stay awake it's time to get some work done.  :sleeping:

• Like 3

On the sleepiness note, I've read that diet is a big way to help curb that to make sure you're getting the right kind of energy. Unfortunately, it's not something I put into practice myself since I have other factors playing into my mid-afternoon fatigue (insomnia primarily), but my favorite way of staying awake as best as I can, though it's not always effective, is drinking tea. No calories unless you put sugar in it, and really, sugar will do more harm than good when trying to get your energy up etc (but sometimes you just need the flavor). But I read that low carb, high fat is a good way to keep your energy levels up to beat the sleepiness. Also I'm sure doing something more interesting than reading a boring book will help, but work is work and sometimes you're stuck doing boring things. ^^;;;

Again, jealous you're going to camp, and have fun!! 

Great job on 5 weeks no soda! That is a tough goal! 

As for diet, I recommend it all over the place, but I highly recommend The Good Mood Diet. She uses the term diet in the traditional sense and not really a weight loss plan, even though that can be part of it. It's so fantastic and you will get a lot of extra energy. I'm working my way back to it.  The last time I checked you could get a copy on Amazon for about $2 so it isn't a huge investment. I'd summarize it for you, but it is a bit tough to summarize effectively. 

Good for you for taking time for yourself and going on a real vacation! You really made me wish I had signed up for the camp! I shall live vicariously through you this time. :D

• Like 1

Looks like youre doing great! I also want to start with the swimming. I will have your times from the swimming as a inspiration to get into it! And to have something to compare with.

Keep it up!

Today was a very rough day. :( I was working on my Toadette costume, which means I had to sew.  I am able to sew, but it stresses me out, and when I'm stressed I eat.  I ended up drinking a 20 oz rootbeer today. It normally eases my stress, but instead I felt guilty afterwards. So, here is my day:

Even though I'm on vacation I woke up at 4:30 to go to a 5am swim lesson with my trainer.  As I'll be gone Friday I arranged to meet him today instead.  It I had thought it through better I would have set it for 7 or so and let myself sleep in, but oh well.  After swimming, I headed back home and finished knitting my todaette hat. It is very lumpy, but very cute. :P

10678866_10204116480543840_6092853882409

10614343_10204116480943850_1990565828958

It took a while, but I finally finished.  Then I had to make the vest.  I went to the store and bought the material for the vest, and remebering I had nothing yellow for the rubix cube party I bought material to make a yellow cape too. Headed back home and realized I had neither a pattern nor pins.  I used a shirt as a pattern for the vest, then taped the material together with scotch tape. :lol: I did have one straight pin that was used to hold the price tag on the cloth, but it wasn't very helpful.  Several hours later I finally finished my vest.

10646699_10204117202241882_3016891733043

10641269_10204117202521889_3268477478291

I was quite relieved to be finished with it, and I think it all came together really cute. :)

10245464_10204117290244082_5801232613115

Then I made my cape.  It'll be great for someone who has a kid to end up with this because it came out cute, but small.

10518860_10204119640062826_7719143290814

I'm so relieved all my sewing is done.  I hate sewing. If I hadn't already packed my swimsuit I would go to the pool because I need to relax.  Think I'm going to spend the evening playing the Sims and just veg out for the rest of the day.

• Like 5

@ LadyShello - I'll take lots of pics. :) It won't be as good as getting to go on the trip, but at least you'll get to see everything. 

@Elisha -  I'll check it out, thanks. :) If I can get it as an ebook I'll be able to download it to my tablet and read it while I'm between flights. :)

@J-Man - I'm pretty slow, so I'm sure you'll catch up with me in no time. :D

• Like 1