• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anaticula

Anaticula: Fish on a Bicycle

Did your new shoes help?  My feet roll out, so finding shoes is always tricky and I pay the price when I get the wrong type. 

I love your costume, esp. the toadette hat. It is awesome!!  You are such an amazing inspiring person!!  I can't wait to hear about camp!

1st day at camp was nice. :)

Woke up at 3am to feed cats and drive to airport. My local airport sells voodoo dolls, which I found pretty funny. Bought one called a sprite with is supposed to bring positive outlook and energy. Plane left at 6:45. Arrive in Dallas not long after. Plane leaving Dallas was late because pilot didn't show up until 20 minutes late. I think his previous flight had ran late. Made it to Atlanta around 12:30/1:00. Picked up my rental car and drove to camp. Very beautiful drive. :) Arrived at camp picked up my swag bag (bag, patch, water bottle, DVD, book details and pics when I'm back home) and got assigned to my cabin. It's at the top of a steep hill, so I'll be getting at least one exercise in every day. :P Headed to the game room/lunch area. Met ChristArtist. Played some board games with a few other campers, but they aren't on the forums. Had supper, yummy beef stew. By this time it was 7pm and I needed some time away from people to recharge. Headed to the arena where opening ceremony was to take place. Chilled all alone for about 30 minutes. Steve came by to set up, so I got to chat with him a bit. He's really nice. And super excited about camp. My friends from earlier joined me at the arena and we discussed tomorrow's events. We all separately picked the same ones, so we'll see each other tomorrow. Opening ceremonies were good. Lots of introductions and cheering. The rules for the humans vs zombie game were explained. Finished up around 8:30. I am exhausted so I'm back in my cabin and about to go to sleep. I had fun today. :)

• Like 3

I think I missed it somewhere, but what're you making the Toadette costume for? It looks great!

Hope you continue to have fun at camp. Kick ass while you're there. Looking forward to hearing all about it. And don't forget the pics!

Oh goody.  I'm so glad you are posting a play-by-play.  I can live vicariously through you.   *sigh of relief*

And I love your costume and I can add things to my list of things I am jealous of you for...

-camp

-sewing skills

-vegging on SIMs for a day...

First off, I hope everyone is doing well with their challenges. They keep us pretty busy so I've not had a chance to read them. Look forward to reading a million pages when I get back!

@ dream pirate, one of the parties we are having at camp is a superhero/video game theme and I'll be Toadette.

@syren. I live about 45 minutes away from New Orleans. It's close enough to drive to and visit but not close enough to want to go daily. This reminds me I haven't visited recently and need to go sometime soon. :)

@Lady Shello camp is awesome! Not taking as many pictures as I had planned though because they keep us too busy doing things :lol:

Morning recap

I'm used to waking up at 4:30, so I ended up waking at 5, 5:30, etc until at 7 I finally gave up and got dressed noting starts until 8. I headed to the Great Hall for breakfast an there were a few earlie risers there too. Plus they had already set breakfast out. It was spinach and egg casserole with mushrooms. I hate mushrooms but promised to give rnevrything a try and they were okay. We also has asparagus, turkey patties, and fruit.

After breakfast I joined the 8am hiking group and we headed to the waterfall. Did get a few photons of that. It was a steep hill, but worth it. And down hill all the way back which was nice.

Almost got eaten by zombies on the way to Hogwarts where I attended the lectures on using exercise to beat depression, nutrician 101.5, and cooking paleo tips.

Just had lunch, lettuce hamburgers, chicken meat loaf, potato fries, and mixed steamed veggies.

About to start a lecture on how to be a hero

Will post more tonight!

• Like 1

Oh that sounds fantastic!  What a great treat you were able to give yourself...a week of camp.  Try not to let the zombies eat much.  That might put a kink in your tri's!

Afternoon/Evening

The hero lecture was really good. It was about overcoming your problems to become a better person, and not to compare yourself to anyone but yourself. After that I headed to the relationship with food panner where Staci spoke. She recommended a couple of really good books I plan to get when I get back home. Then I went to the alignment and movement class which was really fun. Learnt a lot there. After that I just hung out on the porch and chatted for a while. I was also bit by a zombie, so I'm one now. Then it was dinner. After that I hiked up the hill to get my costume on. Afterwards I headed back down to the meditation class. Now it's party time. :)

• Like 2

Dinner was chicken with an amazing seasoning on it, sweet potatoes, spinach, and salad.

I'll post a full book list when I get home as several people recommended books. Also, if anyone wants to know what was said in the lectures I can type my notes up then too.

About to go on another hike to the waterfall. Debating between doing active classes or more lectures today.

Morning recap.

Today I decided to go with more physical than lectures, so I planned things out over breakfast (scrambled eggs, diced sweet potatoes, roasted apples and oranges). First up was the big four lifts with Staci where she and another instructor (I can't remember his name right off) taught us the techniques for squats, barbell press, dead lift, and benchpress. After squats and barbell press they had everyone try the moves with PVC pipe and the corrected our form one at a time.

Next I went to advanced body competition which was almost a continuation of nutrition 101.5 ( taught by the same guy) basically the nutrition class taught us how to eat to lose weight and gain muscle while this one taught us to do strength exercise to build muscle which will cause you to lose weight as sort of a side effect because your body will use the fat for energy to build the muscles.

Next I attempted the blob. You jump off a platform on to a giant air cushion where the person on the other end then bounces off into the water. I chickened out. I'm afraid of heights and I managed to get my toes off the edge, but I just couldn't jump. Maybe next year.

After that was lunch, spinach soup, coleslaw, fruit salad, and chicken wrapped in something green that I can't remover the name of even though I was told. The green leaf with the red center stripe.

Afternoon recap

Basics of workout programming. This class by Staci was about explaining how many reps to do to serve what purpose whether it's strength building, bone density, bulk/size, or power. Very good class. She also covered how to schedule yourself so you are resting properly between workouts.

I joined the beginner parcore class for about 5 minutes before deciding it wasn't for me. I then joined the people learning the slack line which was awesome. One of my favorite things so far.

Resting now

At 5:30 Steve is doing his bat cave lecture. Then it'll be supper time, then finally the rubix cube party which I'm really looking forward to.

• Like 1

I have to know, are people literally biting each other in the zombie game? :lol: 

Sounds like you're learning a lot and having a blast! And I'd love to get the book rec list from you when you have the time!! :)

1st day at camp was nice. :)

Woke up at 3am to feed cats and drive to airport. My local airport sells voodoo dolls, which I found pretty funny. Bought one called a sprite with is supposed to bring positive outlook and energy. Plane left at 6:45. Arrive in Dallas not long after. Plane leaving Dallas was late because pilot didn't show up until 20 minutes late. I think his previous flight had ran late. Made it to Atlanta around 12:30/1:00. Picked up my rental car and drove to camp. Very beautiful drive. :) Arrived at camp picked up my swag bag (bag, patch, water bottle, DVD, book details and pics when I'm back home) and got assigned to my cabin. It's at the top of a steep hill, so I'll be getting at least one exercise in every day. :tongue: Headed to the game room/lunch area. Met ChristArtist. Played some board games with a few other campers, but they aren't on the forums. Had supper, yummy beef stew. By this time it was 7pm and I needed some time away from people to recharge. Headed to the arena where opening ceremony was to take place. Chilled all alone for about 30 minutes. Steve came by to set up, so I got to chat with him a bit. He's really nice. And super excited about camp. My friends from earlier joined me at the arena and we discussed tomorrow's events. We all separately picked the same ones, so we'll see each other tomorrow. Opening ceremonies were good. Lots of introductions and cheering. The rules for the humans vs zombie game were explained. Finished up around 8:30. I am exhausted so I'm back in my cabin and about to go to sleep. I had fun today. :)

Hope you are having an awesome time at camp!! So jealous! You go girl, have an awesome time and we'll see you when you get back with lots of wisdom to share!

Back at work today, and life is returning to normal. I miss camp, but I'm going to try to take the things I learnt at camp and start applying them into my life.  

Sunday I woke up really early, 4 am. Packed my suitcase and headed to the airport.  Traffic wasn't as bad as I expected, so I arrived a little earlier than I had planned, but as the airport in huge and it took me much longer than I expected to make it through the lines, arriving early was a good thing.  A couple of flights later I was back home.  When I turned my phone on I had text messages explaining that both events I was supposed to go to that afternoon had been canceled.  (I had taken such and early flight out as I was supposed to meet people at 1 pm and 4 pm.) So, now I had the afternoon free. I headed to the nearby mall where I built myself a stuffed bear with a Jedi knight outfit.  I decided I'm going to attach my camp patch to the Jedi outfit. I figured the bear will be a good reminder of camp. :) Headed home afterwards, and fell asleep on the sofa. The cats eventually stopped snubbing me for leaving them and joined me. I woke up, had supper then went to bed. :lol:

Monday was busy.  I had taken the day off as I knew I'd need it to do laundry and rest up from camp, but before I could do any of that I had to get my Triathlon training in. I biked to my gym where I swam, then I turned on my gps tracker and biked a half mile to a near by park where I did the remainder of my ten miles.  Then I remembered I had a doctor's appointment, and if I wanted to get my jogging in I wasn't going to be able to make it. So I attempted to push my bike, walk quickly and reschedule my doctors appointment all at the same time.  Eventually I found a place I could chain my bike up, finished my call, and then walked/jogged the rest of my two miles.  Getting off the bike and walking was hard.  Moving from a walk to a jog when I was already so tired was even more difficult. But I made it. All total it took me 2 hours and 15 minutes. As the official time is 2 hours and 30 minutes for the race I should do fine. :) I will admit, there are a few things I am worried about come race day. We line up to swim, and as I'm slow I'll be towards the end of the line, which means I might have to wait quite a while before I can start. I hope that even with having to wait I still finish before the race is actually over. There's also the issue that Mother Nature kicked in yesterday, so I'm wondering if I'll even be able to swim come Sunday. Of all the weeks. :( Hopefully everything will be fine by Sunday. After my training I headed to my rescheduled doctor's appointment.  She decided she wanted blood work, and luckily I hadn't yet eaten, so she sent me to wait until a tech could draw blood. While waiting I got to listen to a guy explain his job as a snake farmer. He raises snakes and milks them, then sends the venom off to make anti-venom.  He causally added how he'd only been bitten by the cobra once. How can you be so casual about only being bitten by a deadly snake once? Anyways, the nurse eventually called my name to draw my blood.  She then proceeded to check my arms for veins, and actually took my advice when I told her it would be easiest to get blood from the back of my hands.  I've had some nurses in the past ignore me and waste a lot of time digging around in my arms for veins. The worse one was when it took three nurses 12 needles and over 30 minutes to finally get one. Ouch. Anyways, blood work was done.  I then ate and headed to the bookstore where I ordered several of the books recommended at camp and picked up a few others, and a Lego set.  Went home and built Legos, watched the movie we were given at camp (turns out Steve was in it) and spent the day taking it easy.

Today has gotten off to a slow start. Slept in for the first time in a while as I had no workout scheduled for this morning (I woke up early even at camp).  This evening I have rowing class.  Have to catch up on work stuff now, but I'm going to try to read all the stuff I missed on the forums while I was away and type up my notes from camp.  I'll also post photos today too.  :)

• Like 1