• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anaticula: Fish on a Bicycle

Congrats on pushing through for the Tri! Last week when I biked in to work I actually remembered that I thought my tires were low last time so I pumped them up. It made a huge difference! I think I saved more time on my ride in than it took to pump them up. They were way low (~20PSI when the tire says something like 50-85PSI; I pumped them until the built in gauge on my pump said 80).

Don't have too long to tell him about those November races, the first is only a couple weeks away!

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm Anaticula.  This is my second challenge.  My first one can be found here.  Last challenge I decided I wanted to learn how to swim as it was the only form of exercise I have ever enjoyed, and I was

Hello all sorry I'm so late getting this posted, but it's been a busy few days!    @Kaylya and Harihead - My trainer agrees with you and he's given me a pretty 'easy' week this week with orders that i

Today was a very rough day. I was working on my Toadette costume, which means I had to sew.  I am able to sew, but it stresses me out, and when I'm stressed I eat.  I ended up drinking a 20 oz rootbe

I'm meeting with him Friday for my swim lesson in the morning and then for a bike care lesson in the afternoon, so I'll talk to him about the races I have coming up then. Unless I end up texting him about them first. Texting them might work better as then he'll have them written down instead of trying to remember them.

I didn't make it to rowing class yesterday.  I simply had too much going on.  Had to pick up Noodle from the vet.  Then when I got home I had to schedule my classes for Spring and Summer I got two classes I wanted for Spring, Digital Libraries and Bibliographic Organization, that I wanted to take, but I couldn't get into the classes I wanted for Summer and had to take two random classes Graphic Novels and Storytelling.  I'm sure these classes will be fun, they are just quite different from what I normally take. Once I finished scheduling classes it was too late to make rowing class, so I worked on my midterm and group assignment which took until 10 pm as my group was very disorganized.  It was a good thing R didn't have anything scheduled for me this morning because I needed the extra hour of sleep. :) When I get off work tonight though it's another story as I have to bike two hours and then swim 2,000 yards!

This weekend should be fun.  I posted on facebook that R had me scheduled for a 30 mile bike ride, and someone suggested a trail that is about a 30 minute drive from my house.  The full trail is 27 miles long from one end to the other, making it a round trip of nearly 60 miles.  I'm no where near that good yet, but there are plenty of turn around spots along it, so If I make it half way this week, then a little further each time I go I'll eventually manage the full 60 miles. :) I looked the trail up online and it is paved and well cared for, so riding shouldn't be too difficult. I'm looking forward to it.

• Like 2

I'm disappointed in myself about the past two weeks. They weren't a total loss and I've learnt some valuable things. But I'm not where I hoped to be.

Wednesday I slept in as I didn't have anything scheduled for the morning.  I stopped by R's house after work and dropped off the payment for my bike with B. She invited me to have supper with them some time, so that'll be nice.  We chatted for a bit then I headed to the gym.  My bike is still flat, so I had to do my biking there.  I was supposed to do 2 hours or 20 miles. I set the bike settings pretty low and did the 20 miles.  It was much easier than actually biking and I should have made the settings more difficult, but I simply didn't feel like it.  Afterwards I did my 2,000 yards in the pool.  I had forgotten my goggles and cap at home, so I swam poorly until another of R's students lent me her spare pair.

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, so I slept in. When I woke up I got ready for my MRI.  The MRI went well.  I have to admit it's pretty cool to get to see a picture of your brain. I then headed home and a friend I hadn't seen in over a year brought her 3 year old son over.  Afterwards I did laundry and cleaned house. I managed to get my walk in, but as with the bike ride Wednesday I did the bare minimum.  I was scheduled 6 miles or 1:30.  I did the hour and thirty minutes, and only managed 4 and a half miles.  I know I shouldn't say 'only' as that's better than none, but I should have done the full 6 miles.  

I ate poorly both days, and even had soda a few times this week. As a result I'm at 299 now. I'm so happy I didn't go back to 300 or higher, but I'm really disappointed in myself.  I did so great for so long, and now I can't seem to get it together. This is the time where I'd normally give up and claim that nothing works for me.  But I'm at least going to get this right.  I'm not going to give up and I am going to get myself back on track.  I've come too far to throw in the towel now. I have to get myself back on task.  I think that my main problem is diet. I know that eating bad makes me feel bad, but I've let myself eat crap this week and last. Because of the crap I've been eating, I'm tired, I feel bad, I've gained weight, I've gotten acne again, and I skimp on my workouts. I cannot continue down this path.  I know where it goes. I'm going to start making myself cook instead of eating out, and I'm going to cook good stuff instead of things like cake and cookies. I've really got to get serious about changes. These past two weeks have show me that if want want to change I cannot half ass it.  I have to do it for real.

• Like 3

Anaticula, I think that even if you've backslid in some areas, you've kicked so much butt in others that it makes up for it! You've done and finished a lot of triathlons as a beginner in just the last few weeks, you've signed up for a half Ironman, you've invested in a new and better bike. And you've noticed where you've slipped and are trying to fix it. I know how hard that can be, and giving up looks so easy and so much more comfortable, but you're giving all you've got an doing great! I find you to be quite the inspitration. Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

I don't think you need to be disappointed by the last two weeks. You made a gigantic leap forward in your physical workload and, it sounds like, motivation. Unfortunately your body can't sustain a balls to the wall attitude forever. If you don't plan easier periods too, your body will take them either through demotivation or injury. If it hasn't happened already, I'll bet you'll be back hitting it hard in a few days.

Also, bring your bike to your local shop, get a pump with a dual head and ask them to show you how to use it and always keep your tires pumped up hard.

• Like 2

It is fantastic all you have learned and accomplished!  With that I know I learned quite a bit from you and your experiences too.  Keep at it and I look forward to following your next challenge and diet goals.  Yeah I am adding a diet based goal my next challenge as well.  

• Like 1

Sloth-like - It's nice to know that that was just my body saying I needed a break.  I took it fairly easy this weekend and looked back over what my trainer has had me doing. Some weeks he does schedule me less than others, but I added in more stuff without realizing that I'd be over doing it. It is now clear to me why he does that, and I'm going to stick to what he has me scheduled for, now that I realize there is a reason for it!

Friday I got my tires fixed and ordered a tire changing kit.  It is supposed to arrive mid week and I'll pick it up once it has arrived.  I've spoken to my trainer about the tires, so Friday my lesson was about changing tires and bike care instead of swimming like we normally do. I wish he had gone over bike care a little more, but we ran out of time.  I think I will drop by my local bike shop and talk to the guy who runs it to see if maybe there is a book or something about basic bike care. 

Saturday I was scheduled to go for a 30 mile bike ride, jog 6 miles, and do a lower body workout.  It didn't happen.  I decided that instead of just doing circles I would try biking from my house to my dad's and back.  It's fifteen miles there. I started out really early, and even though it was very chilly things started well.  However, when I made it out of town and to the roads between town I had problems with cars getting a little too close for comfort.  Most drivers gave me lots of space as they passed me, but a few gave me hardly any room at all. There are also a few blind curves that scared me.  I'd be in the middle of the curve and hear a car coming but not know if they were behind me or headed the opposite way.  Physically I did fine until a little over half way.  By then I was starting to get a little tired. I knew that the route I had planned on taking had some big hills coming up, so I took a break to consider other possibilities. I figured out a path with minimal hills and took it.  There also turned out to be a lot less traffic which was very nice.  It took a long while, but I eventually made it to Dad's. Then my plans for the day flew out the window.  Literally the second I walked in the door I was handed my 11 month nephew and told I was babysitting for the rest of the day. My sister had come down with pink eye, and couldn't touch the baby.  She wears contacts, so she couldn't see either.  My step mom had to drive her to the doctor.   I spent the next 5-6 hours babysitting (long lines as it was the weekend and they didn't have an appointment and had to just wait for the doctor to have free time.). By the time they made it back it was too late to finish up everything I had planned. 

Sunday I managed to get my 6 mile jog in, even though it was supposed to be my rest day.  I wanted to at least get that done. I managed to jog for a full 5 minutes without having to stop for breath, and once I even managed to actually run for about 30 seconds. :D I haven't actually ran in about ten years, so that was pretty awesome. :) The rest of the day was spent on homework and hanging out with friends. Sunday was a good day.

Today I had my RPM cycling class. I spoke with some other class mates while we were waiting for the teacher to arrive, and one of the guys cycles regularly so he showed me how to adjust the bike correctly based on how it felt instead of just telling me what numbers to set it at.  He also told me how to check my bike at home to make sure it is set up correctly too. It's good to know, because last week I was just told set it at x instead of what to look for as I adjust it. Class was still tough though. I'm clearly wearing the wrong type of shoes because my feet end up cramping horribly.  I'm going to go this weekend and get different ones, based one the ones Sloth-like recommended. My trainer has said that when I feel ready to move to the clip pedals that he's going to get me shoes that will also clip in to the exercise bikes at the gym so I can use them for both inside and outside riding. I'm not ready to use them when biking yet, but I am wondering if I should go ahead and get them for the class and practice there until I am ready to use them on the bike.  Going to think about it this week. 

The rest of the week looks great.

Tomorrow I'm off work, so I told R to go ahead and schedule me a busy day.  I have a dr appointment in the morning, but it should go quickly.  I've got strength training, rowing class, and a 6 mile jog.

Wednesday I've got an hour bike ride and to swim 2,000 yards.

Thursday is just a 1,500 yard swim.

Friday is my session with R and we'll be doing strength training again. 

Saturday I'm doing the Dia de Los Muertos race.  It's a 5 or 10 mile night run in costume at a park a few cities over. I signed up for the 10 mile, but as I'm slow and they have a serious cut off time (starts at 7:30 pm, must finish by 10 pm) I am thinking about dropping to the 5 mile.  I want to do the ten mile, but I seriously doubt I'd be able to finish as I typically only manage to jog/walk 3 miles an hour. I'm going to see how things go the rest of this week, but I think doing the 5 mile instead is my best bet.

Sunday I have a 20 mile bike ride again, and if everything goes according to plan it will be on my new bike! :D R has ordered all the parts, and they should be in Tuesday or Wednesday.  He say that once they arrive he'll put everything together. I'm excited. I can't wait to see it all put together and to try it out.  It'll have gears, so I'll have to learn how to use those, and a different seat than the cruiser seat I'm using now, but it shouldn't be too different from what I'm using now. I can't wait to try it out. :D

And then Monday next week I rest.

• Like 3

Challenge 2 Overview:

My goals from the begining

I'm Anaticula.  This is my second challenge.  My first one can be found here.  Last challenge I decided I wanted to learn how to swim as it was the only form of exercise I have ever enjoyed, and I wasn't very good at it.  I joined a gym with a pool and hired a personal trainer 'R'. R is into triathlons and during my first session he made a comment that  I'd eventually be doing one.  I smiled and laughed to myself thinking that it would never happen, but turned out R was right, and here it is 8 short weeks later and I've signed up for one.  My Triathlon is September 28th.  

Now on to this challenge.  As I focused on swimming last challenge I decided that it would be a good idea to focus on one of the other triathlon areas this round, so I'm focusing on bike riding.  Luckily I know the basics already, put feet on pedals and go, where as with the swimming I knew nothing. I still plan to swim every morning (M-F) as it's what I love best. :)

Main Challenge: Tri and Tri Again:  Complete Two Triathlons. I know, I haven't even done my first one yet, and here I am already deciding to do a second.  The first one is the Girl Power Triathlon in New Orleans on September 28th.  It is a 300 meter swim (which I know I can do), a 10 mile bike (which I'm not too sure about), and a 2 mile run (I may be walking by this point).  The second triathlon is Hub City Hustle on October 18th.  I literally just signed up for it. It is 1/3 mile swim, 16.5 mile bike, 3 mile run.  It will be a nice step up from the first.  Enough of a change to make me work for it, but not enough to make me fear I won't be able to complete it. Additionally, the second is an open water swim, which will be interesting as I've never swam in open water before. Grades & Rewards: A = Complete both Triathlons in the regulation time period +2 STA, +1 DEX, trip to the spa; B = complete one Triathlon in regulation time and the other in over time +1 STA +1 Dex, mani/pedi; C = Complete either just one Triathlon, or complete both, but neither in regulation time +1 STA pedi. 

Main Quest One: Fish on a Bicycle: Last time I focused on swimming now I want to focus on bike riding.  Each week I will go for a ride at least three times for a total of three hours a week.  If I can only manage to ride for 30 minutes one day due to weather, or something I will attempt to make the time up.  That being said, if I have to ride inside on a machine I will half the time as to me the machines are twice as difficult.  My desire is to do only outside riding though. Grades & Rewards: A = 3 hours of bike ridding each week + 3 STA; B =  2 - 3 hours of bike riding each week + 2 STA; C = 1 min hour of bike riding each week +1 STA.

Main Quest Two: Fork in the Road: My second priority this challenge is to control my eating. Last challenge I managed to cut out sodas.  This challenge I am going to watch portion sizes and why I eat. I am going to make sure my food is an actual serving and logged correctly in my food app.   But even more importantly I will not only log my food, but log how I feel while eating it.  I have a tendency to eat when I'm bored. If I make myself stop and think about why I am eating I will learn to put the fork down and pick up something else instead. Grades & Rewards A = Log 90% of meals with serving and emotion +2 WIS, +1 CHA; B = Log 75% of meals with serving and emotion +1 WIS, +1 CHA; C = Log 50% of meals with serving and emotion +1 WIS.

Main Quest Three: Calm Before the Storm: Between work, class, training, life, my two insane cats, and my younger brother's friends coming over to visit for 30 minutes and staying for two days,  things can get pretty chaotic and stressful. One of my goals for this challenge is to set aside time each day to just relax.  This can be a meditation (be it 5 minutes or 30), yoga class, some extra swim time in the pool where I don't focus on distance or form, or just a cuddle with the cats session.  The point is to just find some time each day to relax. Grades & Rewards A = relax daily +2 CON, +1 WIS; B = relax 5-6 days a week +1 CON +1 WIS; C = relax 3-4 days a week +1 CON.

Life Quest: Grey Skies Once again I'm going to try to save $1,000 for a rainy day. I really need to do so as it's important to have an emergency fund.  I've about $600 in there now, so reaching the $1000 shouldn't be too difficult. It's keeping it in there that tends to be the problem for me. Grades & Rewards A = Put $1000 in saving at end of challenge +3 WIS; B = $800 in savings at end of challenge +2 WIS; C = $700 in savings at end of challenge +1 WIS.  Take any money out of savings = lose challenge unless it is a real emergency.

Results:

Main Challenge: Complete Two Triathlons - Success! In fact, I did better than planed and completed THREE Triathlons instead of two. :D +2 STA, +1 DEX.

Quest One: Bicycle Three Hours a Week - Averaged 2 hours a week - B - +2 STA

Quest Two: Log Food - Failure - Didn't log hardly anything 

Quest Three: Relax - Success - I managed to find time everyday to relax a little.  It was nice - +2 CON +1 WIS

Life Quest: Grey Skies - Failure.  I cleaned out my savings to buy a new bicycle. 

Scout Mini Challenges - Week 1 complete +1 CHA; Week 2 complete + 1 WIS; Week Three complete +1 STR; Week Four complete +1 STA; Week Five - Six - Did not complete.

CutLass Challenges - Did not do well here at all, didn't complete any challenges.

As a whole, this challenge was difficult for me.  I met some, but not all of my goals.  I ended up taking on more than I could handle, and between my goals, work, and class things got a bit out of hand at a few points.  However, in spite of not meeting my goals, I actually did fairly well this challenge.  I completed three triathlons (My first triathlon which went awesome, my second which was in open water for the first time ever, and my third I finished even though I had a flat tire) I made a life changing decision when I decided that I would stick with my current job instead of going back to a job I enjoyed because my current job allows me the time and money to continue with my fitness goals, I ordered my new bicycle (which will be put together this week!) and I learnt the importance of logging food and following the training plan my trainer gives me.  I did have a few set backs with my weight, I ate from stress and reached 299 lbs again, but I eventually got things under control and am now back down to 294. I am now planning my goals for next challenge and will consider the lessons I learnt during this one. 

• Like 4

I ended up taking on more than I could handle

Whew, it sure looks like it! 

I'm like you; I made some goals, and failed at some. I like the way you charge in. I think we should just keep on blasting away. What the heck; you only live once!

Super congrats on the TRI's, that's huge. Hang in there!

• Like 1

What other way is there to do it but charge right in and go for it.  If you win great and if you fail well you did more than you expected and always find something to learn.  I always bite off more than I can chew knowing that but believing I can do it anyway.  :)

• Like 2

Monday went by very quickly.  I did my rpm class in the morning, then had meetings all day at work.  Tuesday I was off work for a doctor appointment so I had R schedule me an extra workout.  Even though I had the day off I headed to the gym for 5 am.  I did my strength training then headed straight to the treadmill to knock out my miles.  I made myself walk much faster than I am used to and ended up averaging 17.3 minutes per mile for four miles.  I was supposed to do 6 miles, but between the leg machines and walking faster I gave up after 4.  Later that day I headed to the park and finished up my last two.  I had rowing class at night, and shockingly we didn't have that many people there.  We usually have a full class, with people turned away, be we actually had three or four extra machines. R headed around the class to check our rowing speeds and set everyone goal to aim for. I'm the slowest in class, but I'm doing better than I used to, so that counts for something in my book.  I know that as I practice I'll get stronger and better at it. 

On the not so good front...those of you who read my last challenge likely have noticed that even though I still manage to stay up beat most of the time I've been less so than last time.  I've had a few serious medical issues in the past two months, and am on several medications for them. I've been having a problem with a nerve flaring up in my left cheek. Think worst pain ever, and nothing you take will make it stop hurting and the pain lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to 5 hours. I've also had two of my fingernails become detached from the nail bed for some reason. Because of these things I'm on three medications (was on five, but two are done) and as I finally discovered this morning when I sat on my sofa wondering why I simply couldn't find the motivation to do anything even though I want to make changes, the side effects of my medicine is depression, mood changes, anxiety, and detachment. (Lots of other things too, too many to list.) Turns out that the last few weeks haven't been just me giving up on making healthy choices, but also the medication creating problems in my head.  I can't stop taking the medicine, at least until after I see the nerve specialist, and until my nails reattach all the way, so I'm going to be stuck being depressed and not caring about anything for a few more weeks to another month. At least now that I know what the problem is I can stop worrying that it's me and know that it's just the medicine.  I suspect I'll still be crying at the drop of a hat and I'll have to work extra hard to make sure I meet my goals.  However, because the depression and not caring have caused me to slack off of my class work (and exercise and diet) I've contacted my university adviser to discuss dropping my classes this semester and picking things back up in the spring.  If it were just me that would be effected I'd do my best to stick it out, but as both my classes require extensive group work it isn't really fair to my class mates for me to cause their grades to suffer along with mine.  I'm hoping to hear back from my adviser soon about whether I can still drop the classes or if it is too far into the semester.  If it's too far into the semester to drop I'm going to inform my class mates of the situation and just do what I can. It probably didn't help that on top of everything else I took on a lot more this challenge.  At least know I know what's going on.  

• Like 1

(((Anaticula!)))

Depression is the worst. Knowing you have it is an important step, because you have choices in the matter. Everyone in my family has suffered it at one time or another (including myself), so I hear where you are. 

I've also had nerve pain, in my case a pinched nerve in my neck, to the point where I couldn't sleep and just shambled around the house groaning night after night. I averaged 2 hours of sleep for three weeks. Talk about messed up! So I know you can really use medication. Can you talk to your doctor about something that might not make you depressed? Try some other course? Also acupuncture is a good option for pain. It really helped me. In Colorado, you'd have the option of medical marijuana, which some people swear is the best pain reliever there is (but I can't speak to that).

All I will say is, get the depression handled as best you can. The ground you've lost will be quickly made up once you get back into your good routine.  I'm sending you happy thoughts and good vibes. Take care. 

• Like 1

The medicine they have me on is supposed to keep the pain from flaring up, but I have had a couple of flare ups even while on it, so I will ask my doctor about it.  I've also had a few friends recommend I ask the doctor about alternatives to medicine. The thing with the pain is, I've no way to know when it's going to happen and how long it will last. The first time is happened it lasted for about two hours, and didn't come back for over a month. Then it was short ten to twenty minute bursts at random times, but in the past month it's come back for several hours at a time. Thing is though, I'd prefer the pain over the depression.  I can learn to live with pain, but I'm worried that the depression and not caring about what's going on will undo all the hard work I've done so far. I know that I can do better than what I've done for the past few weeks, but when I go through a periods of not caring it makes it hard to follow through on things. My next appointment isn't until I see the nerve specialist at the end of November, but I'm going to see if I can stop in over the weekend or after work to talk to the doctor or nurse.

• Like 1

I like that you're being proactive with the doctors around the meds. It's amazing how much they expect us to just contend with. I agree, I'd take the pain over the depression any day.

I will say that you're in a better place than you could have been had you not been aware that the meds are the cause of your apathy and blues. If you know why, you can remind yourself of it more often and hopefully get a decent response from your brain and be able to obtain some ground on getting healthier or at the very least staying close to where you are now.

Having PTSD taught me a lot so I say, let yourself be angry that the meds are doing this. Use that anger to win every battle against the depressed feelings as you can. Every fight you win is permanently etched into your brain's memory. Your brain will come around to your way of thinking, even if you have to stay on the meds longer than expected. If you look back on this challenge, you will find a fighter and a thrill seeker! 3 Tris? Really? From someone who's also fighting depressed moments? Haazaahhhh! Superhero, over here!

You're gonna be alright.

• Like 2

A friend of a friend has given me the contact information for a local acupuncturist, so I'm going to see about setting up an appointment with her. Hopefully that'll help.  Also, I counted the pills I have remaining, and one will end this weekend, so I'm also hoping that with one less depression causing pill to take it'll make things get easier.  I still have about two more weeks on the other pill, and several months on the one that causes me to not care about anything, but I can deal with the not caring by making myself go to the gym anyways. So I'm thinking that things will start to look up again when November begins. 

Yesterday was very busy.  My job is having a fall trunk r treat event and I had to pass out my tickets to my friends, so that ate into the time I planned to finish my bike ride.  I'm going to be at the trunk r treat fest tonight, so I'm going to get my last 30 minutes in on the bike before my lesson with R tomorrow morning.  I did make it to the pool last night, and although swimming went fine I had some other issues.  I never knew you weren't supposed to dry swim suits in the dryer, so I've been doing that.  Well my suit finally gave out and the elasticity of it is gone.  In the pool last night it stretched out from above my knees to a good four inches below them :lol: Also, the dye got on my towel and when I dried off I ended up with green ears.   I have the two piece suit I was wearing between when my last one gave out and when I ordered this one, so I wore it this morning for my swim.  I don't care for it, but it'll do for now. Which brings me to a question...What is the difference between swimming in a triathlon suit shorts and cycling shorts? I ordered a pair of cycling shorts yesterday and am wondering if I'll be okay with swimming in them instead of ordering another swim suit. Also, do you just let the shorts air dry? I don't want to ruin them like I did the swim suit.

The rest of my week is going to go great.  There shouldn't be anything at all going on to throw me into depression. I still haven't figured out what my triggers are, I just know I end up crying a lot more than I'm used to.  But as some of my favorite things will be happening this weekend I think I'll be okay.  :) Tonight is Trunk r Treat so I'm at work dressed up as the Cat in the Hat. Tonight I get to hand out candy and toys to kids, which will be lots of fun.  Tomorrow is Halloween (my favorite holiday) so I get to dress up then too, and I'm going to a Samhain celebration tomorrow night with friends. Then Saturday is the first day of the Renaissance Fair and my Dia de los Muertos run.  The Sunday is more Ren Fest and D&D.  Plus Sunday R thinks he'll have my bike together, and I'll get to try it out as he has me scheduled for a 20 mile bike ride. The next few days are going to be so awesome. :D

• Like 2

I'm disappointed in myself about the past two weeks. They weren't a total loss and I've learnt some valuable things. But I'm not where I hoped to be.

Wednesday I slept in as I didn't have anything scheduled for the morning.  I stopped by R's house after work and dropped off the payment for my bike with B. She invited me to have supper with them some time, so that'll be nice.  We chatted for a bit then I headed to the gym.  My bike is still flat, so I had to do my biking there.  I was supposed to do 2 hours or 20 miles. I set the bike settings pretty low and did the 20 miles.  It was much easier than actually biking and I should have made the settings more difficult, but I simply didn't feel like it.  Afterwards I did my 2,000 yards in the pool.  I had forgotten my goggles and cap at home, so I swam poorly until another of R's students lent me her spare pair.

Yesterday I had a doctor's appointment, so I slept in. When I woke up I got ready for my MRI.  The MRI went well.  I have to admit it's pretty cool to get to see a picture of your brain. I then headed home and a friend I hadn't seen in over a year brought her 3 year old son over.  Afterwards I did laundry and cleaned house. I managed to get my walk in, but as with the bike ride Wednesday I did the bare minimum.  I was scheduled 6 miles or 1:30.  I did the hour and thirty minutes, and only managed 4 and a half miles.  I know I shouldn't say 'only' as that's better than none, but I should have done the full 6 miles.  

I ate poorly both days, and even had soda a few times this week. As a result I'm at 299 now. I'm so happy I didn't go back to 300 or higher, but I'm really disappointed in myself.  I did so great for so long, and now I can't seem to get it together. This is the time where I'd normally give up and claim that nothing works for me.  But I'm at least going to get this right.  I'm not going to give up and I am going to get myself back on track.  I've come too far to throw in the towel now. I have to get myself back on task.  I think that my main problem is diet. I know that eating bad makes me feel bad, but I've let myself eat crap this week and last. Because of the crap I've been eating, I'm tired, I feel bad, I've gained weight, I've gotten acne again, and I skimp on my workouts. I cannot continue down this path.  I know where it goes. I'm going to start making myself cook instead of eating out, and I'm going to cook good stuff instead of things like cake and cookies. I've really got to get serious about changes. These past two weeks have show me that if want want to change I cannot half ass it.  I have to do it for real.

I really know that feeling from the beginning of this challenge! 

One of my goals for the next challenge is to stop eating out and just make food at home. Even if it isn't as healthy as I would like, it is way healthier than what I choose when I go out!

Challenge 2 Overview:

My goals from the begining

Results:

Main Challenge: Complete Two Triathlons - Success! In fact, I did better than planed and completed THREE Triathlons instead of two. :D +2 STA, +1 DEX.

Quest One: Bicycle Three Hours a Week - Averaged 2 hours a week - B - +2 STA

Quest Two: Log Food - Failure - Didn't log hardly anything 

Quest Three: Relax - Success - I managed to find time everyday to relax a little.  It was nice - +2 CON +1 WIS

Life Quest: Grey Skies - Failure.  I cleaned out my savings to buy a new bicycle. 

Scout Mini Challenges - Week 1 complete +1 CHA; Week 2 complete + 1 WIS; Week Three complete +1 STR; Week Four complete +1 STA; Week Five - Six - Did not complete.

CutLass Challenges - Did not do well here at all, didn't complete any challenges.

As a whole, this challenge was difficult for me.  I met some, but not all of my goals.  I ended up taking on more than I could handle, and between my goals, work, and class things got a bit out of hand at a few points.  However, in spite of not meeting my goals, I actually did fairly well this challenge.  I completed three triathlons (My first triathlon which went awesome, my second which was in open water for the first time ever, and my third I finished even though I had a flat tire) I made a life changing decision when I decided that I would stick with my current job instead of going back to a job I enjoyed because my current job allows me the time and money to continue with my fitness goals, I ordered my new bicycle (which will be put together this week!) and I learnt the importance of logging food and following the training plan my trainer gives me.  I did have a few set backs with my weight, I ate from stress and reached 299 lbs again, but I eventually got things under control and am now back down to 294. I am now planning my goals for next challenge and will consider the lessons I learnt during this one. 

3 tris?!!!! Ohmigoodness. I'm adding you to my list of superheros because only superheros do stuff like that. 

Even with "slacking off" you still did amazing! I wish my best days looked like your worst. :D  Great job on getting everything back under control and really verbalizing the lessons you learned. 

• Like 3