pumpkin carving contest!

The official
Pumpkin Carving Contest!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]806[/ATTACH]

Happy October everyone!

What better way to welcome fall than to have a pumpkin carving contest??

The rules are simple - just carve a pumpkin (if you're not allowed to play with knives, painting will be acceptable) and post a photo/video of it here!

Please include some sort of proof that you carved the pumpkin, such as you being in the photo or something that says your name with it :)

You can carve anything you want, there will be winners in multiple categories, including nerdiest and 'looks most like steve'

The contest will go from October 6th until October 27th at midnight EST.

Winners will be announces Monday, October 31st.

post-335-13567243103907_thumb.jpg

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Also, if anyone has any awesome pumpkin recipes to deal with the no-doubt excessive amount of pumpkin we'll all end up with by haloween, post 'em here!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I am in.

I haven't decided what to carve yet - waiting to see what the pumpkins look like as their shape will play a big part in inspiration. Here are some of the ones I've done in the last few years.

The one in the middle is Eddie from Iron Maiden's Powerslave:

Posted Image

My raven:

Posted Image

Agent Smith from around 5 years ago:

Posted Image

My pumpkins from last year:

Posted Image

Comparison of Karen Cooper from Night of the Living Dead:

Posted Image

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Oh, I might try this! In any case, here are some pumpkinny recipes:

Wild Rice with Kabocha Squash and Sage Butter

Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

Sweet Potato Chick Pea Curry with Peas (sub pumpkin for the sweet potatoes)

Pumpkin Risotto (again, sub pumpkin or whatever orange squash-like veggie you have around :) )

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human-Dryad Ranger

Fitocracy

Shelter Sketches

If you want to live an interesting life, you're going to spend half of it being terrified.

-Mary Hollinshead

I am in.

I haven't decided what to carve yet - waiting to see what the pumpkins look like as their shape will play a big part in inspiration. Here are some of the ones I've done in the last few years.

The one in the middle is Eddie from Iron Maiden's Powerslave:

Posted Image

My raven:

Posted Image

Agent Smith from around 5 years ago:

Posted Image

My pumpkins from last year:

Posted Image

Comparison of Karen Cooper from Night of the Living Dead:

Posted Image

Wow

I'm just gonna say it now. You win.

Oh, I might try this! In any case, here are some pumpkinny recipes:

Wild Rice with Kabocha Squash and Sage Butter

Spiced Pumpkin Seeds

Sweet Potato Chick Pea Curry with Peas (sub pumpkin for the sweet potatoes)

Pumpkin Risotto (again, sub pumpkin or whatever orange squash-like veggie you have around :) )

Enjoy!

Yum, that kabocha squash recipe looks super good. I wonder if I can actually get that type of squash here. I assume any type of squash would be a good substitute? Trying to get into eating more squash even if the husband won't.

~Miranda (aka Farax K)

Stars hide your fires for these here are my desires
And I won't give them up to you this time around
And so I'll be found with my stake stuck in the ground
Marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul ~ Mumford and Sons

That is amazing Siha, seriously I am so impressed. Do you do other artwork at all? I would love to see it sometime!

I'm an artist by trade. I actually worked an intricate carving pumpkin show a few years back for some side cash, and I learned a lot of my skills there. This year I have something kind of artsy-fartsy planned. I don't know if it will go over as well, but it will involve white pumpkins (if I can find them) and lime rinds.

I need to get an art blog going again, when I do I'll post a link someplace.

We love carving pumpkins! They are not the fanciest, but we love doing the display. We get friends together for a carving party every year. Except for last year when my cousin's bride thought it would be a good idea to have their wedding the same weekend as Halloween. The pics are from two years ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]831[/ATTACH]

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

@smurray Those are cute! Is that a Yo Gabba Gabba pumpkin?

@DustMite. Yep, It's Foofa! Also Wow, Wow Wubbzy. We have a blast looking for free templates on the web.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]834[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]835[/ATTACH]

Challenges:

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]869[/ATTACH]

Not as bad ass as some (ok all) of the other pumpkins here... but I like him ^_^

Looks great. I got a white gourd type pumpkin today that I want to butcher. I got one of those Dremel pumpkin carving tools this year so I want to see what kind of damage I can do with it.

Dremel Pumpkin Carving Tool

Challenges:

Posted Image

This is Frankenfurter! Me and my roomie did it together :) I have ideas for another one too and I will post it up when it's done!

Make today your someday~~~"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line~~~"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer~~~"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox