pumpkin carving contest!

Posted Image

This is Frankenfurter! Me and my roomie did it together :) I have ideas for another one too and I will post it up when it's done!

Oh goodness! I am in love with this pumpkin! So awesome!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

It may be late, but it is my first one for the season. We have our big pumpkin carving party tomorrow, so I will post a bunch more then. I decided to try an oblong white pumpkin and then discovered that the neck is completely full of meat. Nothing a drill and an extremely long spade bit couldn't take care of.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]952[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]953[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]956[/ATTACH]

Smurray -- Ranger (Level 4)

STR 8 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 8 | WIS 14 | CHA 9

Challenges:

Current,, First, Second, Third, Fourth

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

I was inspired for one design, but I messed it up. It involved some overlapping letters (some fully carved, the rest shaded) and I couldn't get the pumpkin thin enough to differentiate between the two words.

I'll throw a picture up once I finish my 2nd one that will be a companion to my son's.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

Seeing as how this is Nerd Fitness, I shouldn't have to explain any of these.

Ok, I did the two on the left, my son did the one on the right.

Posted Image

Now, he did the one on the right to go with the one I was originally planning, which on the back of the one in the middle:

Posted Image

The Wheatley is over the word "Aperature". I have to say, it looked really good initially. But then I found that even with a 6 D-Cell Battery flashlight, you could barely make out the shaded "Aperature". I thought I had made it thin enough, but I was obviously wrong. I scraped out more, but that caused me to lose a lot of the detail.

So, I flipped it around and carved the portals in the other side since the pumpkin had a natural dent that emphasized the portals on opposite sides.

I had no inspiration at all for this year, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Repairing a lifetime of bad habits...

We had our pumpkin carving party last night and it was a blast. I have about 50 lbs. of pumpkin guts ready for composting. I thought I would share a couple of shots of the results of the party. I also had to carve a pumpkin for a friend that likes fire, so I thought he would like this one. Nothing like a roll of toilet paper soaked in lighter fluid to get things burning. I liked it so much, I had to carve one for myself. Talk about a spicy pepper!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]972[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]976[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]973[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]975[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]974[/ATTACH]

Challenges:

It never hurts to add a little more color to life... a lot more color could be a bit painful.

Here are my entries. @Loren, too funny. A couple weeks ago when I was trying to decide what to carve I saw a picture of the death star pumpkin and decided I MUST carve one. Took a ridonkulously long time.

The first image is my pumpkin all lit up, the second is proof that it's actually mine :)

You are my new hero.

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

We had our pumpkin carving party last night and it was a blast. I have about 50 lbs. of pumpkin guts ready for composting. I thought I would share a couple of shots of the results of the party. I also had to carve a pumpkin for a friend that likes fire, so I thought he would like this one. Nothing like a roll of toilet paper soaked in lighter fluid to get things burning. I liked it so much, I had to carve one for myself. Talk about a spicy pepper!

WOW... just.. WOW. I am in awe of your awesomeness.

How long did the roll burn? That's a wicked, albeit dangerously cool idea.

Jason

Follow my adventures!

Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper

WOW... just.. WOW. I am in awe of your awesomeness.

How long did the roll burn? That's a wicked, albeit dangerously cool idea.

The Boy Scouts say to soak it for 24 hrs in kerosene and it will burn close to an hour. My buddy and are not that patient and we just soaked it full of lighter fluid and got it to burn for about 20 minutes. When we lit the pumpkin, we had someone stop within 5 minutes wanting to take a picture. I have to say, I have found a new trick for Halloween.

Challenges:

Really late to the party, but behold the Eye of Sauron.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]993[/ATTACH]

post-350-1356724318526_thumb.jpg

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

I like it! I love how you kept your lines simple and let the light do most of the work. Awesome job with the carving!

Challenges:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]993[/ATTACH]

That is really freaking awesome! I'm not sure if I would feel watched and uncomfortable or protected and awesome with the Eye of Sauron in front of my dwelling :-) Awesome pumpkin!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!