• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ravnos

Ravnos' Eight Wonders of the World

Adventure! Excitement! Cthulhu! Join Ravnos on his eighth challenge as he battles demons, breaks PRs, prepares to become a Spartan and meets his fearless RPG Fanatics leader!

All for the low low price of...

Wait... we're not charging? We're just giving this story away for free? What kind of business is this? Oh, it's not a business? Okay... well... uh... COME JOIN THE MERRIMENT! Weep at the tragedy. Cheer on the excitement!

*cough*

Okay, in all seriousness. Eighth official challenge time. Let's see where we're at with this.

tumblr_inline_n6gibnIsA01rguvag.gif

I've reached many of the goals I started out on NF with. I've gotten my waist to below 32 inches (and still improving) and I'm dropped my body fat considerably. However, it's time for a change. My focus now is on strength and endurance gains, as well as putting some muscle back on. GAINZ! I, of course, have the continued goals of working toward doing Salmon Ladders, dropping to 8% BF, eliminating stomach fat, squatting 1.5x body weight, deadlifting 2x body weight and OHP, Bench and Row 1x bodyweight. I made some good progess here last challenge, reaching a full BW squat (160 pounds), and passing it as of Wednesday. So here, we continue our progress.

Quest 1 - One More Rep

Continue improving my lifts. My main, main focus this challenge is going to be breaking a 100lb Press. I've been plateaued between 90 and 95 pounds for nearly 3 months now, so it's time to break down my press technique and start making some real fucking progress here. Quest completion - 3 workouts, every week. +3 STR. Bonus: OHP 100lb 5x5.

Quest 2 - Adapted Paleo

I've adapted my paleo diet to improve gains, because I was struggling to stop losing weight. I added milk and beans back in (both organic, milk from grass-fed cows) and I've seen some great results. No fat increase, no gut problems and my weight went back up to 160 and stabilized. SO! the plan is 6/7 days of the week I eat modified paleo. Saturday is my cheat day, were I can have some sugar, fruit, potatoes, whatever. I still avoid gluten because it makes my gut very unhappy. Quest completion - follow diet plan 100%. +3 CON.

Quest 3 - The Faire!

On Oct. 4 I'll be attending King Richard's Faire here in Massachusetts. You know who will also be attending on that day? TEROS! So question 3 is a bit of a throwaway, but it's go meet and hang out with fearless leader for the day!

boris-and-natasha-and-fearless.jpg

Quest completion - Hang out with Teros. +3 CHA

Quest 4 - Stop spending so much god damn money

Try to recover from blowing some savings. Part of this will be selling some items in my home (comics, Magic The Gathering cards and vinyl). The other part is GETTING A NEW JOB. I will fail this quest if I don't have a new job by the end of October. Plain and simple. Motivation! Quest completion - Increase savings. Have new job. +3 WIS

Quest 5 - Unsure. Will update.

More to come!

• Like 7

Look at those GAINZ. Making all kiiiiindz of gainz.

Quest completion - Hang out with Teros. +3 CHA

I approve of these points.  +3 Cha indeed.  You're g/f coming? The dancing wenches eh *looks side to side*..... sometimes they get a little handsy- it all depends.

Hear anything from the Spartans?

• Like 1

Look at those GAINZ. Making all kiiiiindz of gainz.

I approve of these points.  +3 Cha indeed.  You're g/f coming? The dancing wenches eh *looks side to side*..... sometimes they get a little handsy- it all depends.

Hear anything from the Spartans?

GAAAAAAAIIIIIINNZZZZZZ. She is! It will actually be her birthday that day! And I know... they do... they do...

Not yet. Emailing them tomorrow to basically say "HEY! I want to work for you bitches."

Great challenge! Can't wait to read your updates that you post in a timely manner! ****love you***

Let me guess. In the above picture you are Boris Badenov and not Natasha Fatale right?

nah I'm totally Natasha...

Wait...

awesome goals...I've wanted to go to King Richards for years now...I have an ex that goes every year...

I'd totally hire you with that type of intro, to bad I don't work for Spartans 

nah I'm totally Natasha...

Wait...

So does that mean I'M Boris? I can do a halfway ok Wario so I guess I could tweak the voice a bit...

Wario2.jpg
Keel Moose And Skwir-rel.
  • Like 1

No! No! You are Fearless Leader!

Why is your quoting me somehow make the HUGEST WARIO EVAR?  It quadrupled in size. Does it look like that for anyone else or is it just me?

Achtung!

Funfact: Boris = Burgermeister Meisterburger. I was doing some voices and I realized that my Wario voice is a lot like Burgermeister / Boris and then I thought about it and looked. Turns out it's the same guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Frees

• Like 3

Why is your quoting me somehow make the HUGEST WARIO EVAR?  It quadrupled in size. Does it look like that for anyone else or is it just me?

Not just you. As I was scrolling down, I started laughing, cause I imagined that he had gotten one of those growth mushrooms.

• Like 3

I entered the thread planning to follow you anyway, but I find interesting challenge threads that also mention Cthulhu especially irresistible (and I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly the new iOS keyboard learned to spell Cthulhu).

• Like 2