Kareesh Travels Middle-Earth with the Doctor

Kareesh

A simple Hobbit in Hobbiton, Kareesh never thought about going on an adventure like the well-known Bilbo Baggins. Yet, as is usually the case, adventure finds one whether they want it to or not.

For Kareesh, it happened one afternoon as she was outside tending to her herbs. A strange sound reached her pointed ears. She straightened herself and looked around to see what on Middle-Earth could be making that noise.

She could scarce believe her eyes. Just a few feet away from her, a giant blue box was appearing out of nowhere. It could only be this strange object that was making that strange sound. Blue eyes watched with curiosity, and with a touch of healthy fear, as it came fully into view.

Before she could do anything more than close her gaping mouth, a door suddenly appeared and swung open. Out jumped a male human wearing clothes Kareeh couldn't identify. They looked to be something of a suit, but it's likeness had never been seen before in Hobbiton or the entire Shire.

"This is new," the man said pulling on a pair of dark-rimmed spectacles. He peered around before finally noticing Kareesh. "Ah! A native! Could you by any chance tell me where I've landed?"

It took her a few moments to find her voice to answer the stranger. "Uh…oh, yes. You're in Hobbiton," she said as politely as her shock would allow her to.

"Hobbiton, eh? Never heard of it. And that's strange…" A look came across his face which Kareesh couldn't quite tell what it was. Worry? Confusion? Excitement? Or perhaps a bit of all of them? Before she could contemplate it any further, it was gone replaced by pure excitement. "Anyway, I'm the Doctor, and you are…."

"Kareesh. Kareesh Greenhand, sir," she replied.

And, though she hardly knew it at the time, this was the start of Kareesh Greenhand's adventures…

And with that, I've started on my third challenge. I decided to do a theme this time around, though I couldn't decide if I wanted to do something relating to Middle-Earth or Doctor Who, so I figured "Why not both?" I've never written the Doctor, so sorry if I butchered him. He's surprisingly hard to write about.

Anywho, onto the real reason you're here. My challenge. I've taken bits of information from my previous challenges and hopefully I'll do a lot better this time around. Some of the things I've made a bit more broader, which I'm hoping will keep away the discouragement that I often run into about halfway through.

Main Quest

Get down to 125-130 pounds.

Quest #1 - What About Elevensies?

As a hobbit, I love to eat. But, once I'm out travelling with the Doctor, nutrient-dense meals are going to be more important and I won't have time to eat chips and dip. For this challenge, I need to track my food intake with MyFitnessPal. I also need to stay in the 1400-1500 calorie range. I'll take a look at this around week 3 and see if I need to do any adjusting on that.

Quest #2a - The Road Goes Ever On and On

Before the beginning of this challenge, I'm going to be getting myself a pedometer and start tracking how far I've walked in a day. My overarching goal is to walk to Mordor from the Shire, and from Mordor to the Grey Havens. It is very unlikely that I'm going to accomplish all that in 6 weeks, but this is a start.

Quest #2b - Run!

Okay, I'm not going to be running, but I am going to be moving in that direction. For 5 days a week, I need to be doing something active. Whether that's a long walk, dance cardio, yoga, anything! If I want to be a good companion for the Doctor, then I need to be able to handle myself in dangerous circumstances.

Quest #3 - Pop is Rubbish. I Hate Soda Pop.

Okay, no, I actually love it, and that's a problem. So, this challenge, I'm going to limit myself to only drinking 2 sodas a week. My husband "has" to have soda in the house, so it's going to be a little bit difficult, but as I found in the past challenge, I can go days only drinking water, so I'm going to do that. Maybe a bit of juice or something if I get the sweet tooth thing going.

Life Quest - Pedil edhellen?

Though most of the time while travelling with the Doctor, you don't really need to know any other languages thanks to the translation circuit, but sometimes it doesn't always work. Which is why I'm going to be taking this time to learn Japanese. I know a tiny bit, but not a whole lot. So, for 5 days a week, I'm going to be studying Japanese with some text books that I bought.

• Like 5

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

[Level: 1]

Current Challenge

Yay!  *jumps up and down*

Another Time Lord Companion in the works..  Awesome challenge.  This looks very solid.  I am definately subbing.  Us companions need to stick together. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Ten is my favorite of the new ones (though Twelve might give him a run for his money. I've only seen his first episode, so I can't say too much more on that). I'm currently watching the classics. I've gotten to Three, and Two is my favorite so far. 

Ten is the one Kareesh will be traveling with. I should have added more details about him, but ah well. In the next post. :)

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

Middle earth I understand...have never watched the Doctor though...I know, bad geek :( I completely blame lack of time...

looking forward to tagging along again! :)

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Middle earth I understand...have never watched the Doctor though...I know, bad geek :( I completely blame lack of time...

looking forward to tagging along again! :)

You really should. I'm totally unbiased in that opinion, though. :P

Subbed... but too late to figure out literary. .. will be back!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Glad to have you along for the ride again. :)

I think I've gotten past the worst of my sickness, so I'm rearing to kick this challenge in it's butt! I've been thinking of exercises that I really enjoyed doing in the past, and I'm looking forward to actually doing them. I'm fairly certain that, as good as the BBWW probably is for me, it's not for me. At least not yet. I need something that lets me have fun, and doing random exercises just wasn't fun for me. 

tumblr_mam63sGfa61qgf1i8o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

I refuse to watch the doctor for the same reason that i refuse other such nerdish things. ..i have a serious addiction problem! And I'm so far behind!

So. .. I'll watch the hobbit fly!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Bought a pedometer yesterday and it's strapped to my hip. Didn't sleep very well last night due to coughing, but strangely I'm not feeling too bad. I also finished up my spreadsheet

In other random news about me, I had my first DMing session last night and it went great. I was a bit rusty on some of the rules (need to do more reading up, methinks) but every said they had a good time. Looking forward to the next session, but I'm going to work harder on my "homework". :)

• Like 2

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

Uhm this is SO AWESOME! I'm really excited for you, Kareesh! Great goals! And I can't wait to meet you when I get home in November :)

• Like 1

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

"Doctor," Kareesh wheezed as she tried to keep up with the taller male "If you're really a doctor, you mind taking a look at my chest? It feels like it's on fire." She coughed as if to strengthen her argument.

"I'm not that sort of doctor," he replied, the tone indicating that he had said this particular phrase several times before. 

Before Kareesh could respond, he suddenly spun around, squatted down to her level, and pointed something strange at her. She opened her mouth to say something, but suddenly, a blue light flashed and a high-pitched sound came from the strange device. The Doctor pulled it away and looked at it. He then placed it in his pocket before standing up again. 

"Looks like just a little cold. You'll be fine in a couple of days," he said as he turned to go back down the path. Yet, even though he spoke a bit briskly about it, Kareesh noticed that he slowed his pace down a bit.

As they reached the bridge which went over the Water, the little hobbit looked over her shoulder one more time at her home. For a moment, she didn't want to give up her comfortable lifestyle, but as she looked forwards to the Doctor, she knew that even though adventures lay ahead, it was sure to be interesting.

Alrighty, so this wasn't the best first day ever, but it wasn't the worse. I didn't get a lot of sleep due to waking up and coughing all night. I also fell prey to the temptation of soda, but I resisted the urge to drink 2 of them. I know I should have been drinking water, but I wanted something with more flavor, so I drank a few glasses of orange juice. Eh, not the greatest thing, but since I'm still getting over this crude, the vitamin C will help, methinks.

Elevensies

Breakfast - 2 whole eggs fried in a tiny bit of butter (153 calories)

Dinner - Homemade calzone, English muffing pizza (831 calories)

Snack - Homemade mashed potatoes (119 calories)

Drinks - Grape soda, 3 glasses of orange juice (490)

Total Calories - 1593 calories

I cannot miss meals or go for too long without eating. It really screws me up something awful and often leads to binging. I know this, but I still do it. Ugh...

The Road Goes On

Well, I got my pedometer on, and I managed to walk 6216 steps which with my stride equals to about 2.53 miles. That barely gets me out of Hobbiton, so I need to step it up. But, it's a start!

Run!

I managed to get in 11 minutes of Zumba. My goodness I'm out of shape or I'm not use to that kind of stuff. It didn't help that I'm still sick, but I'm just happy that I did something. 

Soda Pop is Rubbish

I caved and drank a can. I really wanted a second one, but I held off. I think I was dehydrated because I was thirsty all day. I finally turned to orange juice and that worked. 

Learn 'Elvish'

I did my first lesson of Japanese. Learned the first 15 hiragana (out of 46), but I'm sure I'll need to go over them some more before I really have them down.

So, besides going a bit over my calories and succumbing to the poison of soda, I think I did pretty well. Onto day 2!

• Like 2

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

I'm feeling much better today! Might have helped that I got a pretty good nights' sleep last night. Just going to make a brief update about the past couple of days:

Elevensies

I didn't track everything I ate (mainly due to late night snacking) but I know I was over. Tuesday it wasn't over by too much, but last night I emotional ate one of those Tostino's pizza and some ice cream. *hangs head* I was super stressed due to my daughter being really....well, like a toddler that she is. Sometimes she just doesn't listen to me and just runs wild no matter what I say. I was looking forward to having a weekend off with her out of town with my in-law's, but they're unable to go, so that sort of got crushed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter, but I'm with her constantly and she can be very trying at times. My husband helps when he gets off work, and that's super appreciated, but he only gets 1 day off a week. Sometimes I'll get that day "off" from her when he takes her, but I feel like I need a spa retreat or something. *sighs*

Whoa...that kind of went off the topic of food....

Road Goes On

Haven't been walking too much. But, at least it's giving me a starting point: see where I normally place and then try and beat it. It sucks that the weather is getting cold, so I'm trying to think of ways to walk that doesn't include me freezing. Hrm...

Run!

Tuesday I got about 5 minutes of yoga in before my daughter starting using me as playground equipment and yesterday I didn't do anything. I'm thinking that after I put her down for a nap, I'm going to try and do some yoga today to help me relax.

Soda is Rubbish

The one thing I've succeeded in is not having any soda. Woo! I almost grabbed one Tuesday, but I held off and got a glass of orange juice instead. I've also been drinking more water. :)

Learn "Elvish"

I did some more studying on this. I'm having a problem learning the first 15 hiragana, but I think that's because I'm not finding a quiet place where that's the only thing I focus on. I'm finding it hard to focus with everything else going on, so I just need to carve some time out where I can have peace and quiet and study. Maybe even make up some flash cards or something....

• Like 1

Kareesh

Halfling | Rebel

Current Challenge

Rough day.  MMM Totino's.  That sounds good though.  But tomorrow is another day. Just keep tracking and do your best.  We all have those days, you've just got to keep at it. 

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hey woman! :D I finally made it over to your thread too haha, so now I dont feel so bad :D 

I heard you did your first color run!?!?!?! Were there pictures? :D My pictures/colours didn't quite turn out as perfect as the marketing pictures haha, everything was a purply brown by the end.

• Like 1

{Chase the wind and touch the sky; I will fly}

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines