Sin’s Goddess is Getting a Bulletproof BUTI

Minor updates on 9/22
Major updates on 10/3

When I first joined Nerd Fitness a year ago, I was 160 pounds and 33% body fat. I am currently 182.8 pounds and 41.7% body fat. I have gained TWENTY POUNDS in the last year. I hate that. I know that it's my own doing (or not doing) but I hate it all the same. I have terrible follow-though/will-power/self-control/discipline/whatever you want to call it. I am a constant procrastinator. That all needs to stop. Now. No more excuses. This is going to be a very difficult challenge for me. But I need to make some serious changes.

MAIN QUEST (BY JULY 5, 2015 - TURNING 30!!)
Get down to 25% body fat
Be fit enough to start taking aerial and/or pole classes
Be ready to apply/transfer to a four-year to start my Bachelor's degree

CHALLENGE QUEST
Reduce body fat by 1%
Do 20 full pushups without stopping
Maintain a B average in class

CHALLENGE GOALS
Bulletproof! Follow Bulletproof Diet guidelines (CON +5)
BUTI! Do BUTI workouts four days a week three days on, one day off (STA +5)
Brains! No longer a goal but will earn WIS +1 for what has been completed so far. Study for at least one hour on non-school days (WIS +5)

Bedtime! Get in bed by midnight on work nights (WIS +4)

CHALLENGE GOAL DETAILS
Bulletproof!
Follow Bulletproof Diet guidelines
I will be following the Bulletproof Diet guidelines for this challenge to the best of my ability. I try to by organic produce and high quality protein, but sometimes it's just not in the budget. Also, I'm going to New York for a few days next week, so though I will be doing my best to stick with it, I'm okay with a few slip ups. (Like I'm not going to have a slice of pizza while I'm in New York!) I know that this goal is going to be quite a challenge for me, but like they say..."if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you," and I need a change. The basic guidelines of the Bulletproof Diet that I am trying to follow:
  • Have Bulletproof coffee in the morning
  • Eliminate sugar, gluten, grains, synthetic additives, legumes
  • Eat healthy fats, high quality protein, organic produce, fresh herbs and spices
  • Limit fruit and starch consumption to 1-2 servings per day
  • Eat foods from the top two levels on the infographic (top four levels for veggies and protein, top five on spices and flavorings)
The Bulletproof infographic below has "graded" food group lists that show what foods in each group are best and worst to eat. It also shows three different way of implementing the diet: simple, intermittent fasting, and protein fasting. I will be doing a mash up of the simple and intermittent fasting diets. Normally, you're not "supposed" to eat past 8pm, but with my schedule I'm pushing that back to 10pm. By the time I get home from school it's already after 9pm, and after getting home from work around 7pm and then working out and studying...I'd never get to eat dinner! 

Bulletproof%2BDiet%2BInfographic.jpg

BUTI!

Do BUTI workouts four days a week three days on, one day off

I will be doing BUTI workouts for my exercise this challenge. I used to do them a while back, and loved it, but I stopped...for some reason. But I'm getting back to it now! BUTI is "a movement practice that fuses power yoga, tribal dance and plyometrics into a high-intensity workout that transforms the body from the inside out." I really like BUTI workouts. They make me feel really sexy and more in touch with my body than a normal yoga class does. I'll be doing my workouts three days on, one day off. four workouts a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. This is the recommended workout schedule, but I couldn’t follow it before due to my classesThough I'd like to workout in the mornings before work, it's just not realistic for me. Though I'm tired when I get home from work, I'd rather do a workout than watch TV and wish I wasn't as unhealthy as I currently am.

Here's a short teaser video:

I'm sure you can see why the workouts make me feel so sexy! ;)

Brains! – No longer a goal

Study for at least one hour on non-school days

I'm taking the first half of Human Anatomy and Physiology this semester (Monday and Wednesday nights). I'm really enjoying the class, the professor is great, but it's pretty intense. Lots of memorization, lots of time in the lab, lots of studying that needs to be done. So, I'll be doing at least an hour of studying each non-school days. Things that can be considered studying: reading the book, making flash cards, reviewing or listening to the lectures, or coloring in my coloring book. I'm sure there are other things too. And I know...the coloring doesn't seem like studying, but it's an anatomy coloring book and it's REALLY been helping. I'm a very visual person, so to color in the parts of a cell or the layers of skin really helps to cement those concepts in my brain.

Bedtime!

Get in bed by midnight on work nights

I am absolutely terrible about getting to bed at a reasonable time. I’m hoping to fix that a bit with this goal. And I really do need to get to bed earlier because I usually get up by 6am to start getting ready for work. I know that midnight may not seem that early, but it will be a struggle to stick to this. The boyfriend and I are both SO busy at work right now and usually only have a few hours in the evening to spend time together, eat dinner, do more work , or get things done around the house, so I often end up staying up much later than I should to spend as much time with him as possible. And while I’m not exactly excited about the idea of not spending as much time with the boyfriend, I really need to make sure that I’m sleeping enough. I’m not doing anyone any favors by exhausting myself. So…more sleep!

STARTING STATS AND PHOTOS
Taken on September 9th
Weight: 182.8# (using Fitbit Aria scale)
Body Fat: 41.7% (using Fitbit Aria scale)
Bust: 38.25â€
Chest: 32.75â€
Waist: 31.75â€
Tummy: 39.75â€
Hips: 42â€
Bum: 46.75â€
Upper Thighs: 29â€
Above Knees: 17.75â€

In undies for my photos so I've hidden them...beware!!

Starting%2BPhotos.jpg

(By the way...posting these pictures is absolutely TERRIFYING for me!!! I feel SO exposed and ridiculously fat!)
  • Like 4

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

Good luck with your plan! If you are really interested in doing aerial you don't have to wait till you are a certain weight. I started a few months ago at over 180lbs with very little upper body stength. It has been great for strength building plus I have lost weight along the way. The studio I go to has a specific fitness class where you do strength and conditioning on the various apparatus. It is a great precursor to a skills class if somewhere in your area has something similar. Those BUTI workouts look fun though : )

• Like 2

You have brains in your head, and feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction. You choose. ~Dr. Seuss 

Thanks khodabe! The place I'm planning to take classes at has an aerial conditioning class. Unfortunately, it conflicts with my work/school schedule. But I'll definitely look into it after the semester is over. Thanks :)

The Introverted Goddess

OOO! I was born exactly four days after you!

You really are beautiful! Don't be ashamed of those pictures! I was really scared when I posted my before P90X pictures online to better show off the after pictures. Pretty soon those pictures will be inspiring and exciting to look back at!

Good luck! You can do this!!!!

• Like 1

OOO! I was born exactly four days after you!

You really are beautiful! Don't be ashamed of those pictures! I was really scared when I posted my before P90X pictures online to better show off the after pictures. Pretty soon those pictures will be inspiring and exciting to look back at!

Good luck! You can do this!!!!

Happy late birthday!

Thank you! :) I go back and forth about feeling fine with my body (though I want to get into better shape) and feeling just awful about it. Thank you for your encouragement and support. I'm hoping that by posting them it will encourage me to work harder and stick with my challenge goals so that I can see a change. I'm looking forward to seeing how different I look in July!

The Introverted Goddess

You have the best workouts, now I'm drooling over BUTI even though the video isn't available here!

BUTI is awesome! There are a few workouts on YouTube, if you can watch videos on there.

The Introverted Goddess

First of all you are gorgeous and I think it's wonderful that you posted those pictures. You have nothing to fear or be ashamed of or feel bad about. You are beautiful. 

Second that workout is so... weird. :tongue: But hey if it gets you moving. :D

Third, glad you're back with us!

1) Thank you Hatter. I know I am my own worst critic. I think it's just difficult for me to look so different from the last time I remember really being healthy. Thanks for the encouragement!

2) The teaser video is sped up a bit, so it looks a bit weirder than the actual workouts themselves. But it definitely isn't like any yoga or fitness video I've ever done! :)

3) Me too!!! I started getting a bit...itchy to get back here a week or so ago. I'm glad to be getting back to things!! :)

The Introverted Goddess

Daily Update: September 11 (Day -4)

Overall, a pretty okay day. :)

Bulletproof!
Breakfast: oatmeal, butter, cinnamon 
Lunch: Quizno's macaroni and cheese
Dinner: chicken thighs, asparagus, saffron rice
(Grading scale: bestgoodokaybadworst)

An okay day for having not started the challenge yet. My goal is to avoid eating "bad" or "worst" foods, and rarely have "okay" foods. Though...I do eat a lot of chicken, which is only "okay". And while I will be attempting to eat more beef and seafood, I doubt I will ever stop eating chicken and turkey. I typically buy organic, cage-free chicken, so I'm not too worried about it.

BUTI!
Workout completed!

Brains!
Made flashcards for Chapter 2, and yeah...it took over an hour to make them. I write the term/question on the front side of all of them first, and then go through the lecture, labs, and book to find all of the answers that I don't already know.
  • Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

I'm getting up the guts to post pics too. So thanks for posting yours! I agree, you're gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I'm getting up the guts to post pics too. So thanks for posting yours! I agree, you're gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

You're welcome. I hope you end up posting yours. Though definitely scary to do, it does feel a bit liberating. Even just having the photos up for a day has helped be to already start being more accepting of my body (thanks to everyone not running away screaming [emoji6]). And thank you. :)

This message was sent by my digital priestess, please excuse any errors.

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

Let's all show our undies. This is a safe space.

I like your plan :) You can accomplish all your goals too.

giphy.gif

Thanks Bats. I don't think I would or could have posted them anywhere else.

I certainly hope so! This is a really ambitious challenge for me, but I'm feeling really optimistic about it! :)

And nice gif :)

This message was sent by my digital priestess, please excuse any errors.

The Introverted Goddess

Daily Update: September 12 (Day -3)

Not a great day. Thought I had my bulletproof coffee, the rest of my eating was pretty shitty. And I didn't do any studying. But...I'm not going to beat myself up about it though. Just no more of these days anymore.

Bulletproof!

Breakfast: bulletproof coffee

Lunch: Weinerschnitzel's chili cheese fries

Dinner: turkey meat spaghetti sauce (homemade), spaghetti, garlic bread, cider

BUTI!

Off day.

Brains!

No studying. :(

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

In addition to eating the from "best" and "good" food lists most of the time, I should also be making sure that I'm eating enough - and not too much - of each food group. 

According to the infographic I should have:

Protein: 4-6 servings

Fats and Oils: 5-9 servings

Veggies: 6-11 servings

Starch and Fruit: 1-2 servings (which I plan to have for dinner/dessert most days)

The Introverted Goddess

Daily Update: September 13 (Day -2)

Okay day. The quality of my food choices decreased as the day went on, but I started off really well. And, I made some really great progress on some non-goal/challenge related projects today...lots of cleaning and trip prep done.

Bulletproof!

Breakfast: bulletproof green tea

Lunch: chicken thighs, zucchini --- I made the most DELICIOUS sautéed zucchini, on my first try!! I think it may be my new favorite veggie!!

Snack: Homemade banana bread (small piece)

Dinner: turkey tacos (ground turkeycorn tortillaslettucetomatoesand leftover saffron rice

BUTI!

Done! It was a 45 minute workout this time. I have an online BUTI membership, so I have access to all of the archived workouts. So, starting tomorrow, I'm going to complete the workouts starting from the oldest one so that I can keep track of which workouts I like the most. Though, whenever a new workout is posted, I'll do that instead. 

Brains!

Reread all of the lectures today. I feel like my brains are turning a bit mushy. I'm sure that I'm over-preparing and psyching myself out a bit, but I'd rather go a bit overboard with the studying than wish that I had. I'm hoping that I'll do alright, I've gotten 19 out of 20 on my first two quizzes, so I feel okay...but I get really nervous before tests...

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

You are awesome in those pics :)

And Khoda's right on the aerials/pole front.  Have you subscribed to emails for the studios you're interested in?  Then you'll know when new sessions or teasers start and hopefully one'll fit into your schedule (sometimes it takes awhile for their schedules and yours to align.  but on the bright side, once you start it, it tends to take priority because it's fun time not class time).

All said, I'm here to cheer you on :D

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

You are awesome in those pics :)

And Khoda's right on the aerials/pole front.  Have you subscribed to emails for the studios you're interested in?  Then you'll know when new sessions or teasers start and hopefully one'll fit into your schedule (sometimes it takes awhile for their schedules and yours to align.  but on the bright side, once you start it, it tends to take priority because it's fun time not class time).

All said, I'm here to cheer you on :D

Thank you Priscilia! :)

I haven't subscribed to the studios I'm interested in, but that is a GREAT idea! I'll have to do that!!

Thanks for the support!

The Introverted Goddess

Daily Update: September 14 (Day -1) -- Tomorrow's the big day!!!!

Bulletproof!

Breakfast: bulletproof green tea

Lunch: eggs, turkey bacon, cantaloupe --- Had brunch at my parents' house. Not exactly what I would have made/chosen, but it was tasty.

Dinner: chicken taco salad (chicken breasts, lettucekalespinachtomatoesonions, peppers

BUTI!

Didn't end up doing my workout, I ended up spending the time with my family and studying for the exam. With my new job, I now drive up to Sacramento once a month for work, and since my parents live there I stay with them. Since I haven't seen them in a while, I figured it was perfectly alright to spend the time with them versus doing a workout. Plus, their guest bedroom is filled up with boxes (they just moved last month) and so I would have been working out in the living room...with them in it...

Brains!

I've already spent a couple of hours studying and will probably spend at least an hour more. I'm feeling....okay about the exam tomorrow, but I don't think that I'll feel super prepared for it at all. I has massive test anxiety. I'll have an additional hour before class, and maybe an hour in the morning. Wish me luck!!!

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines