• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

Blaidd's 1000 Hill Challenge v2014.6: starting on the back foot

I'm actually starting this challenge with Bronchopnuemonia (such fun), so the beginning will be a bit more of recovering my cycling speeds but taking it easy and recovering my lung capacity at the same time.

XBJdnpM.jpg

"Don't judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect." I need that on a shirt somewhere. Or a bumper sticker.

And yum, baking course! That sounds like a lot of fun!!

hehe.  yeah i am faaaar from perfect actually i make so many mistakes all the time that I wonder whether imperfect is even a word strong enough to describe me, but i keep kicking and keep trying to make small changes that counteract or nullify those stupid mistakes.  maybe one day :D

I love your pretty signs!! Great goals this challenge, even if bronchialdeathitis is trying to cramp your style. You've got this!!

yeah this stupid deathitis is really cramping my style.  I haven't been on a bike (or anywhere near the gym) in weeks (like almost three) because breathing is difficult on its own, nevermind adding cardio to the mix.  The doctor is very upset with me for not coming in sooner, before it progressed this far, but i was there now.  I really don't like wasting my time (or money) at doctors unnecessarily, but three weeks is a bit long now so i went to see him.

Let's just chalk it up to another mistake in Blaidd's Already Long List of Stupid Mistakes!!

hehe.  yeah i am faaaar from perfect actually i make so many mistakes all the time that I wonder whether imperfect is even a word strong enough to describe me, but i keep kicking and keep trying to make small changes that counteract or nullify those stupid mistakes.  maybe one day :D

I might be wrong, but I do believe that's the definition of awesome right there~. ;)

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you're so unwell (it has a long and unpleasant-sounding name, so I assume it's a pretty bad condition!) and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.  Hope you take it easy in the mean time though!

Cake baking as a challenge goal - fab!  Who doesn't love cake?! :)  I'm still glued to watching the Great British Bake Off new series, each week looks... yum!

Hope you feel better soon.  Looks like a good challenge.

I might be wrong, but I do believe that's the definition of awesome right there~. ;)

quite possible

<3

back at ya sexy lady

Signs, signs, everywhere a sign. Good plan.

Hehe sometimes i need a visual reminder to keep going ;)

Sorry to hear you're so unwell (it has a long and unpleasant-sounding name, so I assume it's a pretty bad condition!) and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.  Hope you take it easy in the mean time though!

Cake baking as a challenge goal - fab!  Who doesn't love cake?! :)  I'm still glued to watching the Great British Bake Off new series, each week looks... yum!

haha, yeah cake baking isn't something you see on here very often, but cakes are going to be my future and although my flavours are amazing (if i do say so myself) the aesthetics need some help.  I also love that show - i download that one as well as the ones from Oz and US - the show's hostesses are also so funny.  Love it!!

Boo! And subbed. :)

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Yay.  Hi *waves*

Just got to say I love the method of making the sign with your goals on, and it's so pretty! Hope you feel better soon and can really rock this challenge. :)

Thanks Tea.  I will come find your challenge in a bit :D

yuck on the sickie buggs - hugs on you getting better - and, I'm subbed!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

i can't wait to feel better.  :(

Hey! Hope you are getting better fast. I'm looking forward to our pvp!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

I'm looking forward to it too :D

Ah here you are :)

Sorry to hear you're still crook AB, I've got flu so we can be sickies together ;) 

Good luck for this challenge, 3 cycles a week is a great goal, I'd love to see you get that one done and I think you'll enjoy it too. 

Ah here you are :)

Sorry to hear you're still crook AB, I've got flu so we can be sickies together ;)

Good luck for this challenge, 3 cycles a week is a great goal, I'd love to see you get that one done and I think you'll enjoy it too. 

I love cycling, so I am dying to get on the bicycle again :D

Hope you're better soon!

Thanks, feeling better already.

W1D1:  A shaky start

I had such a bad day.  I was convinced that my meds weren't working, because I was feeling ill all day - snotty nose, chesty cough etc - so despite my desire to get on the bike today, wasn't gonna happen.  I then had a minor asthma attack in the middle of the night and I didn't have my inhaler with me. So Jax rushed me back to the office so i could get it and i made it just in time. I could've gone to the ER but i knew that all i really needed was my inhaler  so why waste the money.

So the meds that the doc gave me included a tonic that had both alcohol and sugar in it.  So my Whole30 went down the drain with my meds.  So i need to rework my original goal on this. Jax and I chatted about it and we've decided that Monday to Friday I will do a Whole30 and then I am taking Kailer's approach and doing Good, Better, Best on weekends (choose the best options when it's available). 

I wasn't feeling well the afternoon so I decided to lay down instead of doing a tutorial.  Will get to it on Day 2.

VZTW8uml.jpg

• Like 1

W1D1:  A shaky start

I had such a bad day.  I was convinced that my meds weren't working, because I was feeling ill all day - snotty nose, chesty cough etc - so despite my desire to get on the bike today, wasn't gonna happen.  I then had a minor asthma attack in the middle of the night and I didn't have my inhaler with me. So Jax rushed me back to the office so i could get it and i made it just in time. I could've gone to the ER but i knew that all i really needed was my inhaler  so why waste the money.

So the meds that the doc gave me included a tonic that had both alcohol and sugar in it.  So my Whole30 went down the drain with my meds.  So i need to rework my original goal on this. Jax and I chatted about it and we've decided that Monday to Friday I will do a Whole30 and then I am taking Kailer's approach and doing Good, Better, Best on weekends (choose the best options when it's available). 

I wasn't feeling well the afternoon so I decided to lay down instead of doing a tutorial.  Will get to it on Day 2.

VZTW8uml.jpg

I'm glad you're okay and taking care of yourself! And great motivational quote, too. Bad days happen, but what's important is that you pick yourself up and keep going forward!  :encouragement:

I'm glad you're okay and taking care of yourself! And great motivational quote, too. Bad days happen, but what's important is that you pick yourself up and keep going forward!  :encouragement:

Yeah i think Jax was more scared than i was.  This is the first time he has experienced an asthma attack and it's the first one i've had in almost a decade.  But yeah i need to keep going forward, it's been my mantra for years.  I just need to remember it :D

I like your modified whole30/good-better-best plan. that's a good way to take care of yourself in all the different areas.

thanks.  I'm still trying to work it out though. 

W1D2:  Back on the Bike.

So after the asthma attack I got a solid 6 hours uninterrupted sleep and woke up feeling tons better.  I even walked the 4km to work. I didn't have a chest issue, or a nose issue or even a breathing issue at all.  Not once during the day.  Then when Jax picked me up from work (cos he insists on doing this if i don't take the car - i will get him to stop one day) I was still feeling good so got him to drop me off at gym.  Granted i had to promise i would ONLY cycle and I'd take it easy.  So i stuck to my promise and i managed to get a slow 20 minute cycle in (i call 23.94 km/h slow).  I felt sooooo good after.  I was sweaty but i wasn't even huffy or puffy and my lungs held out - YAY!!!

Eating today wasn't too bad, although i had a small piece of my own cake (i baked it for last week's tutorial) and had a wrap with for dinner.  I made the wrap and all the ingredients that went into it, so i feel that it was a better choice than say having store bought wraps (at least i can control what went into it).  So not Whole30, but at least not too bad.  The rest of the food during the day was on point - beef teriyaki to go into the wrap, with leftover Greek salad from the day before (supper) and leftover roast chicken and veggies from the night before (lunch).

I also worked on my tutorial (which was on biscuits) and learnt a nifty little trick which should help me make it gluten and sugar free at some point. I also saw these awesome cookies cutters online and Jax bought them for me.  They weren't expensive but it was a sweet thing to do.  He has offered to pay for any baking courses that i'd like to do too.  He's big on making sure I follow my dreams (and he knows he gets to be my tester so he really really doesn't mind). 

Ysf16lYl.jpg

W1D2:  Back on the Bike.

So after the asthma attack I got a solid 6 hours uninterrupted sleep and woke up feeling tons better.  I even walked the 4km to work. I didn't have a chest issue, or a nose issue or even a breathing issue at all.  Not once during the day.  Then when Jax picked me up from work (cos he insists on doing this if i don't take the car - i will get him to stop one day) I was still feeling good so got him to drop me off at gym.  Granted i had to promise i would ONLY cycle and I'd take it easy.  So i stuck to my promise and i managed to get a slow 20 minute cycle in (i call 23.94 km/h slow).  I felt sooooo good after.  I was sweaty but i wasn't even huffy or puffy and my lungs held out - YAY!!!

Yay for no issues!! And that's sweet that Jax worries about you like this, too. :)

Yay for no issues!! And that's sweet that Jax worries about you like this, too. :)

hehehe, he is awesomeness.  Definitely the man worth me changing my mind over marriage :D

Sorry if I mama bear'd on you over in that place. I tend to do so. Love and high fives <3

Mama bear away.  Love and high fives, back <3

W1D3: Dinner with Jax's mum.

A pretty much chilled day with very little happening. I went to gym for a 20min cycle (a little faster than the day before). Jax and i had a small argument that left about an hour of awkward silence at home, but was sorted out. We then headed to dinner with his mum.  She lives about 90 minute away from us so whenever she's nearby we make a plan to go meet here wherever she is.  She came in for a Bees & Honey seminar on making her on abiary (I honestly can't wait for raw honey from there - i'm going less and less often to the store for fresh goodies :)).

Apart from eating all the good stuff, I had a sandwich on the most delicious rye bread I've ever tasted (which i didn't think was so bad, honestly) and then i bought a packet of crisps (and ate it).  I knew I was doing it and that I wasn't supposed to, but i still did it anyway.  Why do i always goddamn sabotage myself.  Why do I always do stuff that isn't gonna benefit me in any way.  Why??  I don't hate myself for eating the crisps, but i do hate myself for sabotaging myself.  It really does bother me. I need to stop messing up my life.  I love my life but I keep doing things that mess it up. oh well something i really have to work on.  I need to make it a priority.  I need to keep reminding myself to keep going. 

Anyway dinner was incredibly delicious.  We went to a restaurant owned by a friend and he made my ribs especially. They were incredible.  Soft and fell off the bone without any provocation. Yummy.

cAkq1m7l.jpg