• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blaidd

Blaidd's 1000 Hill Challenge v2014.6: starting on the back foot

Just found your thread and subbed...glad you are getting better! And such fun!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LOVE those shoes, definitely worth it :)

Hehehe, my favourites are the navy ones - they're sooooo comfortable.

Week 2 Summary

8JZGu6Wl.jpg

It wasn't a week that I'm upset about, actually quite proud.  I feel like I'm learning something.  The better, best aproach really is working for me and it more than anything I have tried in the past is helping me make wiser decisions regarding food.  Food really is my demon and something I've being trying to learn to slay for years.  I think I might have actually found the right weapon this time.  Only time will tell.

I have also made a few minor changes regarding my finances and decided to start making very small changes on my appearance.  I'm already doing a PvP with some of the lovely lasses here, but I've made one or two more as i go along.  What's the point of working on my inside if i'm not working on my outside either.  People can't physically see that I'm proud of myself so it's time I show them :D

Feta focaccia sounds amazing... I'm going to experiment soon with making gluten free focaccia so I think it will need to be garlic and feta now :)

(love the shoes by the way)

cool.  tell me how that goes.  Would love to know how a GF focaccia tastes.

Looks like a solid week, and clearly your attitude is in the right place. Week Three is about to get rocked!!

hehe, well it more like rocked me instead of the other way round.

W3D1-3: TL;DR version is that I've had a rough few days all because of work.

I'm not going to go into the details of what's been going on but I will say that I am thoroughly exhausted, I'm struggling to get a good night's sleep, all I wanna do is stress eat (or not eat) and I cried at work.  It's just sooooo frustrating to work your butt off, to deal with clients who are snooty and issues that you're trying to fix only to have the rest of your management team do stupid shit and then crap on you when you can't make a miracle happen.  Today was my breaking point. I just about gave up.  I've decided to find another job.  It breaks my heart to do this, but honestly I just can't anymore. The straw today was that I was crapped out yesterday because we're sitting in a sticky financial situation with clients who aren't paying (and being asses about it too) and I'm doing my best to make sure that it doesn't filter down to our suppliers or our staff (and doesn't shake our clients' confidence in our ability to deliver).  I've exhausted our overdrafts and our investments and I'm now going through every line item on our financials to see where I can make bigger cuts and differences all the while maintaining supplier, client and staff confidence. I'm literally scolded daily by the boss for my inability to get us out of this situation and only barely managing to keep everything afloat.  I then discover today that he's willingly allowing deals to go through that we're running a loss on.  Not just one deal either, but many, and knowing about it ahead of time. I lost it because I just don't think it's fair that i'm losing sleep and fighting my butt off and being scolded like a little child and this shit is happening.  It's over, my trust was broken right there. And I am no longer willing to fight a losing battle.

the worst part is not only do i feel the injustice of it all, I feel betrayed and upset with myself for giving up and not fighting more. I've decided that by the end this year I am leaving.  Whether I have found another job or not.  I have promised Jax that I will only hold out until the end of the year. He has continuously told me over the past months to resign (he keeps telling me i don't need to work cos he makes enough for the both of us), but I'm stubborn and loyal and not a quitter and i can't live off of someone else. Anyway that's where my stress level is at at the moment.

On other fronts, we viewed an apartment today that we absolutely loved.  It's a double volume split into 3 levels, so luxe, so light and it has a great kitchen for me to work in.  It's also a 2 min walk to work for Jax and a 15min walk to work for me.  It's a but away from my gym, but honestly i can drive there if i want and there's a gym in the apartment building.  It's one of the oldest buildings in Cape Town, used to be a bank, and looks like the inside of a major building in Gotham City - it's shit-hot!! We are only really concerned about the rates (which are ridiculous), so we still need to mull over that a bit more and maybe we'll put an offer down.

I've managed to get a cycle in this week, but the viewing today threw my schedule a little and I wasn't able to get to gym today, but I will just go tomorrow to get a cycle in (cycles are almost back on par and by the weekend I should be cleared for further strenuous exercises, can't wait). Food's been ok.  Doing an IF side challenge with our weightloss PvP group and I've created little snacks and go to lunches at work for those days that I don't have leftovers to bring to work.

Today is my monthly weigh in and measurements and since 1 Sept i have lost 2.8kg and an overall loss of 15.80cm.  I'm sooo stoked with these numbers and hope to see a continued downward trend going forward.  Despite all the stress, I'm managing to not stress eat. I said no to cake, tart and crisps yesterday and I even had a "mistake" free day on Monday.  I just keep bringing my focus back to me and that makes me feel better.  Screw work, I'm important now :D

• Like 1

Your job sounds absolutely horrid; I'm glad you're getting out of there! It's never worth being in a toxic environment, but I understand being too loyal/stubborn to quit. That's how I was at my old job, and it about near killed me more times than any job should nearly kill anyone. It's great that Jax is able to provide for you both, as much as you don't want him to have to, which I also completely sympathize with! 

That apartment sounds amazing. If you do wind up going for it and getting it, can we has pics? It sounds almost like one of those awesome apartments from movies!

And congrats on your willpower to not stress-eat and on your measurements!!

Sounds like you don't need me as a life coach! You're doing great at avoiding the stress eating. What a dreadful situation at work. I'm in a similar situation although it's several orders of magnitude smaller than yours. You have really poured yourself into that company. It's a damn shame they're pissing away an employee like you.

Your job sounds absolutely horrid; I'm glad you're getting out of there! It's never worth being in a toxic environment, but I understand being too loyal/stubborn to quit. That's how I was at my old job, and it about near killed me more times than any job should nearly kill anyone. It's great that Jax is able to provide for you both, as much as you don't want him to have to, which I also completely sympathize with! 

That apartment sounds amazing. If you do wind up going for it and getting it, can we has pics? It sounds almost like one of those awesome apartments from movies!

And congrats on your willpower to not stress-eat and on your measurements!!

I used to love my job, not so much anymore. i should've taken pics.  It was such a stunning place.

No stress eating, yay!  Sounds like the apartment would be excellent.

It's so awesome, but the rates and levies would be about a fifth of our bond and we're not happy with that ratio at all.

Sounds like you don't need me as a life coach! You're doing great at avoiding the stress eating. What a dreadful situation at work. I'm in a similar situation although it's several orders of magnitude smaller than yours. You have really poured yourself into that company. It's a damn shame they're pissing away an employee like you.

Always need a life coach :D  It sucks when something you once loved bites you in the butt and treats you less than favourably.

W3D4:  Nothing much to report.  Went to gym, ate well, didn't let work get to me.  It's really that simple.

Bummer about the work front AB, shame because you seemed to be enjoying it a little while back. Not fair at all to be put under that sort of pressure though, sounds to me like a move will be good for you. I'd probably agree though, best to try to get something else before you leave if you can and I wouldn't feel comfortable living off someone else either, I think that might put some pressure on the relationship. 

Great news on your weight and inch loss - well done!

Also, from the sounds of things your workplace don't deserve your loyalty when they're behaving like that.  Maybe your moving on will be a wake-up call to your boss to get his ship (i.e. himself) in order, sounds like he could use a short, sharp shock (or something a bit more!)

Plus, you may get to move to an amazing place that actually values your talents and abilities! (and I'm not talking about focaccia making but that looks pretty impressive if I may say so!) xx

Bummer about the work front AB, shame because you seemed to be enjoying it a little while back. Not fair at all to be put under that sort of pressure though, sounds to me like a move will be good for you. I'd probably agree though, best to try to get something else before you leave if you can and I wouldn't feel comfortable living off someone else either, I think that might put some pressure on the relationship. 

Yeah work sucks, but really I shouldn't and can't get me down.  It's done and now i can only focus on the future and keep things going for the future.

Great news on your weight and inch loss - well done!

Also, from the sounds of things your workplace don't deserve your loyalty when they're behaving like that.  Maybe your moving on will be a wake-up call to your boss to get his ship (i.e. himself) in order, sounds like he could use a short, sharp shock (or something a bit more!)

Plus, you may get to move to an amazing place that actually values your talents and abilities! (and I'm not talking about focaccia making but that looks pretty impressive if I may say so!) xx

Thanks.

And yeah I'm realising more and more that they don't deserve me.

Week 3 Summary

Apart from the work stress, I had a really good week. I even said no to cake on Saturday.  We went to a bakery to pick up a variety of baked goods for Jax' mum's bday and nothing piqued my interest, so chose nothing and when it came down to munching, I had some tea and a taste of one of Jax' cakes and knew I'd made the right decision :D

Sunday we took his mum up the West Coast for a seafood lunch with her brother and good friends.  It was such a lovely afternoon.  The weather was perfect and the kids loved running around on the beach and building sandcastles and the seafood was crazy good. They make everything on the open fire and I only had the fish and shellfish meals - oh and the crazy good oven bread (I had two slices with homemade butter on it). Crazy good!!

For some reason this silly thing won't let me upload my weekly update.  Will try again tomorrow morning.  I'm going to bed now :D

Still won't let me load, but needless to say I got 3 A's and 1 B :D

W4D1: Super headache!

I really struggled to sleep in the heat last night, but i wasn't the only one - Jax had a hard night too.  Except he got to sleep in and I developed a headache that was so bad I almost couldn't drive home.  I had a nap though and felt infinitely better. Made a chicken pie all from scratch (including the pastry).  I don't mind not eating paleo stuff if I'm making everything from scratch, because at least I know what i'm eating - every single ingredient :D

Yay for an awesome Week 3!! Boo for being unable to sleep in the heat -- that's an awful thing, but at least you got your nap! 

And that's the best part of making your food from scratch: you get almost total control over what you put into it. :)

:( I'm sorry work has been so rough. It sounds like you are powering through though, and keeping your chin up. I hope things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Yay for an awesome Week 3!! Boo for being unable to sleep in the heat -- that's an awful thing, but at least you got your nap! 

And that's the best part of making your food from scratch: you get almost total control over what you put into it. :)

yeah, i also enjoy making things from scratch because spending time in the kitchen has an incredibly calming effect - better than meditation and yoga for me.

:( I'm sorry work has been so rough. It sounds like you are powering through though, and keeping your chin up. I hope things get back to normal sooner rather than later.

Thanks hun.  It already looks better this week.  My boss even thanked me for all my hard work over the past few months.  I'm starting to wonder whether he is bipolar :P

W4D2: Nephew's 5th Birthday!

Oh my brother is such a bad communicator.  He knew we were popping around this evening to wish his little one happy birthday and to drop of presents etc, but he doesn't tell me they're having a BBQ.  So we decided to grab some dinner (pizza) before heading out and when we get there my sister in law offers us plates for dinner. She wasn't offended that we didn't eat, but I could've had salads and meat instead of pizza for dinner - FML. 

The birthday boy was unusually affectionate and was handing out lots and lots of hugs.  I say unusual, cos it's a mission to get a hug out of him, but maybe he was just so impressed with his gift that i got tons last night.  I got him a TMNT figurine (Leo) and dad got him a Splinter so he was running around playing with the two. He was so cute.  He even brought me a small piece of cake and I just couldn't say no to him.  His exact words were: "Aunty Audri I brought you a smaaaaall piece of cake cos I know you don't like sweeties, but you will have my bday cake right?" How do you say no to that?

Anyways. It was a good day.

your nephew sounds so super cute!

and I'm just catching up, but re: work - I know what you mean about feeling like you're giving up on something but the way you describe what you've been doing to make things work shows me that you are tremendously good at your job. I bet you'll find a new one as soon as you officially start looking.

your nephew sounds so super cute!

and I'm just catching up, but re: work - I know what you mean about feeling like you're giving up on something but the way you describe what you've been doing to make things work shows me that you are tremendously good at your job. I bet you'll find a new one as soon as you officially start looking.

Yeah i'm sure that I will find something quickly once I've actually started the process.

Aw, what a cutie. He was trying to respect your wellness, lol! I'm glad your boss had some kind words for you.

Yeah he's adorable.  He also reminds me so much of his father.

W4D3: Comedy of Errors

I spent at least an hour of  my time in traffic while travelling between various destinations trying to get docs together so that we could be considered for local government work. Then because of that I needed to spend a little extra time at work and when we got home, we discovered that sewerage had come up the outlet pipe for our washing machine and the kitchen had flooded. The flood caused water to go into one of our plugs, which caused a surge in our power circuits and we lost plugs.  Jax decided that he wasn't planning on hanging around with me to wait for the electricians and went off drinking with his buddies.  That didn't upset me as much as the treatment I got when he got home.  I wasn't feeling well and when he got home after midnight, he decided to play online for a few hours (although he had promised me it was only an hour).  Unfortunately our place, at the moment, is so small that when he's gaming, even with his headphones on, it still bothers me (I'm a super light sleeper, so pretty much everything wakes me up). After the first game i asked him why he was being so inconsiderate and freaked out, to which i was told that i was being irrational and stealing his freedom, blah blah. So of course we argued until 2am (or at least I argued and he just told me i was irrational etc). Eventually it was all out our system and I'm now dead tired. oh well.

Week 4 Summary

It didn't go quite as i was hoping, but in the end I don't think I did too badly.  I ended the week with the Gun Run (a 5km) for fun and a tea party at my aunt's for her birthday on the 13th. Frosting Basics was the theme for this week's course, so I employed what I learnt and made a Red Velvet Cheesecake (so layers of cheesecake and red velvet) with a white chocolate buttercream.  It was delicious, although i didn't have much of it.

hhgjXfY.jpg

How i did this week

oHgLOGVl.jpg

End of the race

hiIvXI8l.jpg

Red Velvet Cheesecake with White Chocolate Buttercream

• Like 1

W4D3: Comedy of Errors

I spent at least an hour of  my time in traffic while travelling between various destinations trying to get docs together so that we could be considered for local government work. Then because of that I needed to spend a little extra time at work and when we got home, we discovered that sewerage had come up the outlet pipe for our washing machine and the kitchen had flooded. The flood caused water to go into one of our plugs, which caused a surge in our power circuits and we lost plugs.  Jax decided that he wasn't planning on hanging around with me to wait for the electricians and went off drinking with his buddies.  That didn't upset me as much as the treatment I got when he got home.  I wasn't feeling well and when he got home after midnight, he decided to play online for a few hours (although he had promised me it was only an hour).  Unfortunately our place, at the moment, is so small that when he's gaming, even with his headphones on, it still bothers me (I'm a super light sleeper, so pretty much everything wakes me up). After the first game i asked him why he was being so inconsiderate and freaked out, to which i was told that i was being irrational and stealing his freedom, blah blah. So of course we argued until 2am (or at least I argued and he just told me i was irrational etc). Eventually it was all out our system and I'm now dead tired. oh well.

Nothing worse than someone keeping you awake when you are tired and want to sleep. This sounds like worryingly familiar behaviour....

Week 4 Summary

It didn't go quite as i was hoping, but in the end I don't think I did too badly.  I ended the week with the Gun Run (a 5km) for fun and a tea party at my aunt's for her birthday on the 13th. Frosting Basics was the theme for this week's course, so I employed what I learnt and made a Red Velvet Cheesecake (so layers of cheesecake and red velvet) with a white chocolate buttercream.  It was delicious, although i didn't have much of i

Well done on the 5k that's fantastic :) Cake looks delicious too, I'm glad I'm a few thousand miles away from that or I might not be able to resist! 

Nothing worse than someone keeping you awake when you are tired and want to sleep. This sounds like worryingly familiar behaviour....

Well done on the 5k that's fantastic :) Cake looks delicious too, I'm glad I'm a few thousand miles away from that or I might not be able to resist! 

Well we've definitely worked it out. I'd say it was worryingly familiar if it happened on more than than one occasion.  Luckily Jax and I had a chat about it and we've both spoken out our side of the story.  Seriously I can't throw a tantrum every time there's an occasional drunken night out with the boys (it happens once every couple months).  Trust me I'm not one to stick around if *that* happens again.

Week 5 update

JkuWkRDl.jpg

Week 6 Summary

hQU6Ofgl.jpg

Challenge Round Up

QrZDqHxl.jpg

It looks like i didn't do too badly.  As a matter of fact I've learnt a few things this challenge and I'm quite proud of myself.  I've started noticing my weight loss in my own reflection. And then I went and bought a dress yesterday for my bestie's wedding in November.  I landed up buying it in a size that i haven't worn since 2009. I'm super happy about that.  Getting there - slowly :D

As for my diet, after monitoring for two challenges I've paid special attention to my carb intake and I've averaged 182gr in carbs (I'm not stressed about protein and (heathy) fat intake cos that's all pretty stable). So for the next challenge or so I am going to work on slowly dropping my carb intake. Cos really, baby steps works way better for me than going completely cold turkey. 

I'm getting to gym more regularly but still not as much as i need to, so I am going to keep on working on that next challenge. And i continue with my baking courses for the next few months.  The next challenge is my last one before we head of to Mauritius, which I'm very excited about, but obviously it's not bikini season for me yet :tongue:

• Like 1

Well done lady Blaidd!

How sweet that your nephew wanted to respect your diet and give you a small piece of cake... aww

And congrats on doing the 5k fun run!  It's also good to hear that you're starting to find that you're starting to fit into smaller sizes too :)

Mauritius holiday - wow!  Sounds totally awesome! :)