Vector's Bloody Hammer

Done with the challenges for now. This is the log.

I am 47, working on getting stronger (again) and getting done with fixin' what's broke only to break it again. So while this is a strength program, it's heavily bent towards my back. I am also trying a lunar cycle of deloads during the third quarter to full moon.

My biggest stumbling block is pushing too hard too soon, so I will be reining in my rambunctious side if at all possible. Working a three day a week (ish) schedule. 

Sept. 17 2014 Deload (fail!)

Today I tore apart an 18 foot long planter left here by the previous homeowners. Made of railroad cross ties. Relocated the ties, half nearby, the other half down the hill and into the garden. Fuckers are heavy, but other than one jammed finger and a few scrapes, I won. :) Hell of a workout!

Sept. 17 2014 Deload (fail!)

Today I tore apart an 18 foot long planter left here by the previous homeowners. Made of railroad cross ties. Relocated the ties, half nearby, the other half down the hill and into the garden. Fuckers are heavy, but other than one jammed finger and a few scrapes, I won. :) Hell of a workout!

I can imagine, we don't even move them by hand anymore - everything is mechanized.  Be careful though, they're full or creosote, a nasty carcinogen.  We avoid touching them like the plague and always use thick work gloves.  Old ones shouldn't be too bad to handle, though I'd avoid using them in a garden with edibles.  But then again, I'm a little paranoid. 

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

Just when I thought we had you back...

Yeah, right?!

I was reading s bunch of stuff from Jason Ferruggia, and decided to join his paid site, which is really dead-on perfect for me. Nice mix of strength work, in a lot of ranges I tend to avoid, with programmed mobility & sprint work. All the shit I avoid, all in one place. :)