Hey everyone. It’s been exactly one year since my first challenge J.  Back then I was just trying to do 10 push-ups in a row. Now I can do that with no problem. And I used to have designated cheat-days and now I am basically full on Paleo/Primal with allowances for the occasional indulgence. Oh and I also used to be 30lbs heavier, which is crazy. That is like having a backpack full of books strapped on me at all times. Insanity.

I really hold this site/forum near and dear to me. I know I only communicate with all of you over the interwebs and not IRL but I still consider you all my friends and you all motivate me tremendously in my day to day life. Without the community some days I just would not have the will to push through and do my fitness related tasks. So I want to return the favor.

After a year of fitness now my body/mind is at a point where it needs to work out every day. I am not a sedentary person and my muscles crave movement, so the status quo just isn’t cutting it anymore. I usually just do some activities that strike my fancy and don’t really progress into more difficult exercises. Well this challenge I want to button up and start to keep track of my strength progress and really make strides to do more “fun” and badass movements.

Consistency is key. I want to be a role-model for those that might feel a little stagnate in their routines with constant work and effort we can achieve anything. I truly believe that. So my “spirit hero” for this challenge will be Captain America.

giphy.gif

I hope to be kick ass this challenge and motivate all the rebels as they motivate me.

MAIN GOAL: That elusive pull-up.

I know it will be a stretch to achieve it this challenge, but damnit if I’m not stubborn and determined. I held my bodyweight in the chin-up position last challenge and I made some small movement in the pull-up position, so let’s just aim for the stars and see where we land. When I do finally get this pull-up I will probably burst into a thousand stars.

FITNESS: Follow the schedule and maintain consistency. (+3 STR, +2 DEX)

tumblr_nbr0ydOiL61tem7mlo1_500.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vKgApXwmoyaEh1ngfZ2RA-v3jzsaaK433Dux84SYAkE/edit?usp=sharing

So basically what I did was create a super awesome spreadsheet of destiny. I’m trying to do BWW 3x per week while following the Zombie5k program. 6 days a week for fitness, 1 day for rest. This of course will need to be adjusted from week to week due to events and happenings in my life (going to Portland at the end of the month) so I’ll make a spreadsheet every Sunday and plan to follow it out for the following week.

I created BWW idea from Steve’s article on How to Build Your Own Workout. This way I focus on every muscle group and also throw in some variety from workout to workout. And FINALLY I will be incorporating a dynamic warm-up (with lots of punching) and I’ll also be adding stretching after every workout.

giphy.gif

I’m going to try 5 minutes of handstand practice daily, because it’s only 5 minutes and this is a skill that needs more consistent practice.

I’ve also been really curious about other forms of movements like hand balancing, rope climbing, gymnastics rings, etc. but this all fits on the “extras” side of things.

GRADING

A – missing  0 – 5 tasks

B – missing 5 – 10 tasks

C – missing  10 or more tasks

SIDE QUEST: Run a 5k. (+3 STA)

I should be able to do this within a few short weeks if all goes according to plan with the Zombie 5K trainer. If I accomplish this goal early I’ll come back and add a new goal to run a mile in a certain amount of time… or sprints… or something to the effect.

tumblr_n3m99zIlPz1su6zr6o4_400.gif

GRADING

Pass/Fail

DIET: Limit carbs to 50 – 100g per day. Log food on MFP. (+2 CON)

I loathe logging food, but it shows results when I do. So I’m going back to tracking carb intake and making sure I lie in the 50 – 100g range for weightloss (according to Mark Sisson).

giphy.gif

GRADING (not including Portland trip)

A – miss up to 1 day of logging food. 1-3 days of going over the carb limit.

B - miss 1 - 3 days of logging food. 4 -8 days over carb limit.

C - miss 3 - 5 days of logging food. 8 or more days over carb limit.

LIFE: Cleanliness is next to Godliness. (+2  WIS)

tumblr_m96wgqzUJh1qbabvao2_500.gif

HEY! Easy Cap.

I struggle with adulting, as does my partner. We would rather play hours of video games than spend time doing stuff around the house, but when we actually do it and the house is nice and clean we are happier people. Soooo, I want to dedicate 15 minutes to cleaning per day. A little goes a long way.

GRADING (not including time away, obviously)

A - 15 minutes of cleaning each day of the challenge.

B - Missing 1 - 3 days of cleaning during challenge.

C - Missing 3 - 7 days of cleaning during the challenge

F - Totally neglect cleaning and becoming a frat house.

SIDE QUEST: Scheduling (+1 WIS, +1 CON)

I like having things plotted out. I’m a busy person and sometimes I just don’t know where my time is going, so I want to be better at planning out my day and writing down what I’m actually doing all day. It’s one thing to plan the day and not do everything on you to-do. It’s another thing to actually write down “scrolled through Tumblr for 5 hours.”

Daily.

GRADING

A - Scheduling each day of the challenge.

B - Missing 1 - 3 days of scheduling.

C - Missing 3 - 7 days of scheduling.

F - Totally neglect scheduling and spontaneously combusting.

Stats:

starting weight: 168.2 lbs

week 1 ending weight: 167 lbs

week 2 (pre-Portland): 163.6 lbs

week 3 ending weight: 165 lbs.

tumblr_nc94mxLe0G1tem7mlo6_250.jpg   tumblr_nc94mxLe0G1tem7mlo4_250.jpg   tumblr_nc94mxLe0G1tem7mlo5_250.jpg

• Like 14

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

This. Is. Awesome! YAY for Cap!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 1 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Knight Radiant/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: MIGHT: 9 / CONSTITUTION: 6 / DEXTERITY: 8 / PERCEPTION: 7 / INTELLECT: 6 / RESOLVE: 10

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The First Ideal

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'm still not sure about all of that weird running stuff,  but everything else looks great!  I'm so glad that you're doing the negatives, DB rows, and assisted pull-ups as part of your program.  You might want to consider adding flex hangs both at the top and at a 90 degree angle, as well as some scapular retractions to your exercise list.  Both will help with the pull-ups.

And hooray for house cleaning goals!  Mine is an odd mix between frat house and toy aisle explosion.  Ugh.  I really need to step up the cleaning.  Adulting can be so tough.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Your challenge title makes me laugh because no one in my neighbourhood seems to get what it means. Whenever I'm running and people are strolling along in front of me and I say 'On your left' as I approach, they inevitably jump to their left and look at me like I'm an axe murderer, complete with hockey mask and an actual axe. It's to the point where I'm considering saying 'On your left' and then moving to their right...

And really, an axe is way too heavy to run with anyway. A hatchet maybe, but not an axe...

• Like 1

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Happy one year anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

This. Is. Awesome! YAY for Cap!

Wolf

giphy.gif

Great challenge!! I'm rooting for you getting that pull-up!!

Sub'd

YAY! I'm going to try my best :)

giphy.gif

I'm still not sure about all of that weird running stuff,  but everything else looks great!  I'm so glad that you're doing the negatives, DB rows, and assisted pull-ups as part of your program.  You might want to consider adding flex hangs both at the top and at a 90 degree angle, as well as some scapular retractions to your exercise list.  Both will help with the pull-ups.

And hooray for house cleaning goals!  Mine is an odd mix between frat house and toy aisle explosion.  Ugh.  I really need to step up the cleaning.  Adulting can be so tough.  

I have been infected with running. I don't quite understand it either.

I'll add flex hangs... probably in the grippy section... and scapular retractions... somewhere. I've been meaning to use my resistance bands more.

Freakin' adulting. All I want to do is life. We don't have any toys scattered, aside from dog toys. I really want  to get a nerf gun though... and I just got paid today... <.<... >.>

Agreed! :tongue:

giphy.gif

Your challenge title makes me laugh because no one in my neighbourhood seems to get what it means. Whenever I'm running and people are strolling along in front of me and I say 'On your left' as I approach, they inevitably jump to their left and look at me like I'm an axe murderer, complete with hockey mask and an actual axe. It's to the point where I'm considering saying 'On your left' and then moving to their right...

And really, an axe is way too heavy to run with anyway. A hatchet maybe, but not an axe...

We call those people muggles. 

giphy.gif

I'm on board for this axe murderer running. Maybe I'll schedule a run for Halloween, so I can do this and eat candy guilt-free!

I come for the gifs, and stay for the inspiration (and more gifs)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Happy one year anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

Thank You :)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

PRE-CHALLENGE UPDATE

I got caught up in all the excitement of new challenge forum and forgot to post any progress yesterday. Granted the challenge really hasn't started but I had a good run on Wednesday.

tumblr_nbsfy9YU7I1tem7mlo2_250.png   tumblr_nbsfy9YU7I1tem7mlo1_250.png

I ran all the runny bits! And with 30 seconds left in the workout I had enough in my tank to do a full on sprint for 30s. Felt good.

I was a slug yesterday though... Destiny. Hope to remedy that today and get into my scheduling (being a robot) mode.

HAPPY FRI-YAY!

• Like 4

Bats is coming in strong

tumblr_lmkv4oBgdz1qcnhhzo1_500.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Omg omg omg, I love this theme!    As well I should, since ya know, the Cap has a long relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D.

But even more so, we have such similar goals.  OHMAN!!  I totally am falling in love with the assassins... seriously.

You're almost encouraging me to do the 5k training again.  I did it a few times with success, and love the Zombies,Run! app that I have been using.   Trouble is I need to do the training part again, and I am like ... but but, the story ... it taunts me. :)

Totally following along.   And I may steal some of your workouts if you let a measly S.H.I.E.L.D. recruit  with level 1 clearance have access to it. ;)

• Like 1

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Bats is coming in strong

/*flex*/

HOORAY FOR CAP!!   I love so many things about this challenge!  (But I'm with Hatter I don't understand the running.  All I know is that it makes you happy, and that's all I care about.)

giphy.gif

Always great to be along for the ride, the gifs and the inspiration!

giphy.gif

Also, on the spreadsheet. Each day you choose one workout from each category correct? The color coding on MWF are coincidental. 

Errrm. Light blue exercises are done on Monday. Medium blue exercises are done on Wednesday. Dark blue exercises on Friday.

...if that makes sense.

This is also just for the first week. I'm allowing myself flexibility for scheduling in following weeks, but still the same overall plan.

Omg omg omg, I love this theme!    As well I should, since ya know, the Cap has a long relationship with S.H.I.E.L.D.

But even more so, we have such similar goals.  OHMAN!!  I totally am falling in love with the assassins... seriously.

You're almost encouraging me to do the 5k training again.  I did it a few times with success, and love the Zombies,Run! app that I have been using.   Trouble is I need to do the training part again, and I am like ... but but, the story ... it taunts me. :)

Totally following along.   And I may steal some of your workouts if you let a measly S.H.I.E.L.D. recruit  with level 1 clearance have access to it. ;)

Ooooo Welcome. I love the Assassins. We are a silly folk.

The zombie5k trainer has a little story that goes along with it. I think it is what keeps me intrigued with the running from week to week. I want to keep the story moving along.

SHIELD POWER!

tumblr_mbmte9uJLp1r7v0gpo1_500.png

• Like 3

Errrm. Light blue exercises are done on Monday. Medium blue exercises are done on Wednesday. Dark blue exercises on Friday.

...if that makes sense.

This is also just for the first week. I'm allowing myself flexibility for scheduling in following weeks, but still the same overall plan.

Ok, got it. I thought the flexibility came from picking each week whatever you wanted. I initially thought that, but then questioned myself. It looks awesome to me!

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I love Cpt. America! Awesome challenge. I'm still working on pullups too, so I'll be following

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

As someone who as you know just did his first pull up you might find it comes quicker than you expect. I was literally nowhere, not able to budge on the bar at all, then suddenly one day after practicing with bands and doing lat pulldowns - BAM, pull up.

Then your progress can really accelerate :)

Try doing close grip chin ups. Lots of the same muscle but a more powerful and therefore easier position than pull-ups. Negatives are also great, jump and pull to get up there and then slowly lower yourself. Doing negatives to complete a set when you can't manage a whole proper set is massive help imo.

Good luck, you got this.

• Like 2

As someone who as you know just did his first pull up you might find it comes quicker than you expect. I was literally nowhere, not able to budge on the bar at all, then suddenly one day after practicing with bands and doing lat pulldowns - BAM, pull up.

Then your progress can really accelerate :)

Try doing close grip chin ups. Lots of the same muscle but a more powerful and therefore easier position than pull-ups. Negatives are also great, jump and pull to get up there and then slowly lower yourself. Doing negatives to complete a set when you can't manage a whole proper set is massive help imo.

Good luck, you got this.

Thanks for the tips on the pull ups.   I had gotten up to doing 5 in a set before!   Then lost it all.    I used the bands to get me there before, but this time something is different.   I am strong on the top part of the pull, weak on the bottom/first part of it-- so I think I will try to hold my negatives/holds at that weak part for a few weeks and see if that helps!

Level 70 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines