I will be playing Destiny on my brother PS4 later this week to decide my gaming future.....from what I read, this game sounds just like Borderlands but if Bungie made it. 

Accurate. In fact, Jenn was playing Borderlands 2 this weekend and I got to see more of the similarities. More of the loot drops out of enemies. You find less loot boxes.

Still awesome.

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

Yeah the lack of a multiplayer combat mode really is deterring me. I don't have the time to invest in games like I used to, so I either need a really long story (IE Fallout, Elder Scrolls) or quick in&out gameplay (IE, COD or Halo). Borderlands is a nice mixture of both. I'm afraid that Destiny will need too much of the co-player gameplay to be awesome. I'll give it a shot. 

Pinterest: Alex's Paleo Wins - Recipes on Pinterest              Instagram: alexcold23             MFP: dalex916

I just wish there was MOAR loot. CAD had a good take on it today. 

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

HAHA. For the first time yesterday I was actually getting fairly frequent drops. I was playing Strikes, so maybe that has something to do with it? But yes watching Jenn play Borderlands I was wishing Destiny had way more loot boxes.

• Like 1

Have they announced if they're going to add gameplay in add-on packages? I feel like an online multiplayer deathmatch is required for a Bungie game. 

I think they are calling it 'Clash' instead of deathmatch. I've only played one match in the Crucible and it was a capture the flag mode. Not sure when or how you unlock the other modes.

Have they announced if they're going to add gameplay in add-on packages? I feel like an online multiplayer deathmatch is required for a Bungie game. 

They have this.

Control: um, control points on the map and kill other people

Clash: 6 v 6, kill the other team

Rumble: 6 players total, kill everyone else (I am terrible at this)

Relic: 3 v 3, activate a relic, defend from the other team while it "uploads" or something.

And I think some other mode that I'm forgetting now.

Once you hit level 5-6, you unlock control, then as you progress, you unlock the other modes. Not sure if it's story or level, but I hit level 20 over the weekend and can play any of them (if I want to. I'm pretty terrible at PvP).

HAHA. For the first time yesterday I was actually getting fairly frequent drops. I was playing Strikes, so maybe that has something to do with it? But yes watching Jenn play Borderlands I was wishing Destiny had way more loot boxes.

Frequent is definitely relative. :)

We did the daily story mission yesterday, that seemed better. Loot from crucible seems totally random: I had the 2nd worst K/D ratio on my team: here's a blue enngram! Meanwhile, the guy with the 2.3 K/D that essentially single-handedly kept us from being totally obliterated gets nothing.

Also: Vangaurd marks are VERY slow to earn. sigh. It's faster just to spam the crucible which I'm terrible at, get 2 crucible marks per lost game (~15 mins) and save up to buy crucible gear.

• Like 1

Okay, hope I haven't missed too much, and good luck with the pull-up, I feel your pain... And I'll be following along again, even if I'm not talking much, or like ever.

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I just wish there was MOAR loot. CAD had a good take on it today. 

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/

And here is the permalink for when the day changes. :) http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20140915

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

so I read your challenge and my eyes are like O___O because wow you're cool. But I do like your challenge a lot, so i'm probably gonna use you as motivation for completing this challenge. 

Good luck on your 5k! You'll definitely kill it. 

Yeah I'm using video games as an incentive so workout, earn two hours of video games, clean room, one more hour for playing. I just have to remember that Destiny is only a game and that no matter how great it is, I can't stay on it for twelve hours at a time xD 

Assassin-in-Training

Intro, Daily Battle Log,

Current Challenge

Twitter

The intro alone to your first post has inspired me. Let alone the whole challenge. You are going to kick so much ass. I'll have to watch my back.

Thanks :) I'll try to keep my ass kicking to the bad guys. I won't go blindly ass kicking and end up hitting any of my NF loves. That would be silly.

I'm going to stalk you so hard! But your thread always has so many posts, lol! 

How is your art going these days?

I know. I'm sorry. I get chatty and update like a mad woman.

I don't get a lot of art in these days. Just busy.  I did do a couple of cool digital paintings of comic book type characters recently on my wacom. I love that thing. Need to get back to it.

Currently I just do a daily little cartoon post-it note called motivation badger. Silly, but keep me creative and doodling even if it is just for like 10 minutes a day.

so I read your challenge and my eyes are like O___O because wow you're cool. But I do like your challenge a lot, so i'm probably gonna use you as motivation for completing this challenge. 

Good luck on your 5k! You'll definitely kill it. 

Yeah I'm using video games as an incentive so workout, earn two hours of video games, clean room, one more hour for playing. I just have to remember that Destiny is only a game and that no matter how great it is, I can't stay on it for twelve hours at a time xD 

I feel like I am the most uncool person ever. But I guess on NF there is a different definition of cool.

giphy.gif

I do not pee my pants. Or haven't for a very, very long time.

I get back to running today... ooof. There are a lot of people on the boards that run a lot farther and faster than me, but I keep doing my best and eventually I'll be a swanky long distance runner.

I rewarded myself with some co-op Borderlanding yesterday! Need to get back to Destiny though. Everyone is in the end game and I feel left out :(

UPDATE SHMUPDATE

Quickly now.

I had a pretty good first day of challenge. First thing in the morning I did 15 minutes of dishes. My workout was awesome. I love my new stretching routine, but I forgot to do it before bed. Ideally I would want to do stretching first thing in the morning, after workout, and before bed. I will do with just 2 of the 3, but only got stretching in after workout yesterday. I also forgot to log my food in MFP (my fitness pal) but I did jot down what I ate yesterday.

Oh and I scheduled time to work on some coding/website building last night, but ended up playing Borderlands 2 with Jenn. Because that is how life worked. Today is productiTuesday though, so there will be less gaming and more studious things happening. Although it's killing me that I got my new headset in and have yet to use it yet.... must be strong... maybe a little Destiny after 9 ;)

tumblr_nbzrxgXzZ61tem7mlo1_500.png

I know that is hard to see. I'll have to figure out a better way to display that, but you can click the link in my signature to see the actual file.

urrrrmm... running today! w00t!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Where can I find your badger? ... That... sounded weird when I wrote it out. I promise I'm not looking for anything unsavoury! Haha

It is basically the only thing I post on my Instagram these days. Link should be in my sig.

• Like 1

I get back to running today... ooof. There are a lot of people on the boards that run a lot farther and faster than me, but I keep doing my best and eventually I'll be a swanky long distance runner.

There are also people who are running less and slower than you.  You're doing great on your own terms.  Keep at it, Bats!  

tumblr_my3vhaGnNc1t1jo2ro1_400.gif

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Don't mean to spam anyone that is following me. Sry.

I added a starting weight in the spoiler stats section. I took progress photos yesterday. Pester me if I forget to post them.

I also stumbled upon unflattering belly photos of me a year-ago. I'm honestly horrified to post them, but I know that I preach to everyone else to let it all out there. Just looking back at where I was back then it just seems like a whole other person. Kind of like an evil twin that was inhabiting my body.

I think that seeing the dramatic change will help as motivation though. According to the change I should be at super hero status by next year.

Pester me about these photos as well.

Obi Wan you are my only hope.

• Like 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines