Ooooh I was thinking of doing a walk/jog thing today too.   Then I thought, Nah I'll just walk and do some active recovery.   Then you were all like running today!  And now I am thinking to myself... hmm, more C25K, yes.

Thanks lady!

• Like 1

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

CAPTAIN UPDATE

Second day of challenge and felt a little off. Went on my run even though I really wanted to not because weather and feeling icky and all around lazy, but I pushed through. I even thought about cutting the run short at one point because I felt like I wasn't doing a good job and had better things to do, but I managed. I ran the full 5 mins of the first free form and did about half/half on the last 2 free forms. Accomplished all the running drill bits, so yay!

tumblr_nbn7ioQCdn1rur0aro1_500.jpg

I stopped at a different park for the run due to scheduling and errands being run afterwards and such. The track around the park is just so hilly so I couldn't find a good rhythm and it is paved so I just felt like my joints hated me. On top of that I was feeling crampy and blech, so the less than stellar run is understandable. Did the best I could though.

tumblr_nc1ur2mqfB1tem7mlo1_500.png  tumblr_nc1ur2mqfB1tem7mlo2_500.png

I stretched mid run yesterday for 5 minutes as part of the 5k training, but failed to do it any other part of the day. Also forgot scheduling, cleaning, and logging food. I know that I'm coming in under my carb total, but I still need to log it to keep track. Think I'm just going to start new today. I'll schedule log food time during my 10am break. Then I need to think of another good time at night.

Cleaning goal I might switch around to general adulting, because I stopped at the grocery store yesterday to pick up things that we needed. Like food and pills... literally food and pills actually.

No time to be slurped into Netflix or Destiny yesterday because it was ProductiTuesday. So Jenn and I got a chance to relax and actually eat dinner at our dining room table and chat at each other. I bounced a bunch of ideas off of her about mini-challenges. It's amazing how relaxing conversation and not looking at a glowing screen can be :)

I spent the rest of the night writing up challenge stuff. And before bed I went downstairs to do 5 minutes of handstand practice. I did wall planks as usually but also decided to try kick-ups... away from the wall because I don't want to put a hole into our nice, new painted basement walls. Since the last time I tried it, it has gotten a lot easier. So much so that I got over exuberant, got myself all the way up, and tumbled the other way. It smarted a little bit, gave me a little bit of a rattle, but I was more excited by the fact that I was completely vertical even just for a split second!

tumblr_nc0txvCHAe1s2wio8o1_500.gif

WEEEEEEE! It's Wonder Woman Wednesday and time to be a stronk lady with some body weight work. There will also be a taming of my hair at the hair salon today, so it might be a lot easier to do pull-ups with all that excess hair weight that I will be losing. (honestly I'm not really kidding)

• Like 9

I'm a time traveler, but I can only go one way and only a second at a time.

I just wasn't sure I would get into Destiny's story, but I find the game is really meant to be like an MMO with first person shooting. 

This is why my husband likes Destiny. :) He has a PS4 though sooo....

Doing good Bats. Already at 5 pages and I feel behind. ^_^ 

tumblr_nb946oNoUH1t5mfy8o2_500.gif

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

Great work pushing through the Meh! feelings and getting your run in.  Sounds like the handstand won't be as far off as you originally thought!  Sweet!

Showing up is more than half the battle in most cases.

I KNOW! I think sometimes I underestimate my own capabilities.

This is why my husband likes Destiny. :) He has a PS4 though sooo....

Doing good Bats. Already at 5 pages and I feel behind. ^_^

I have a PS4 too. I have an XBOX One and a PS4 because I have a problem. I think Jenn and I are going to go in together on a WiiU for Christmas as well because Mario. idk. I like the engagement of my brain in gaming more than I like sitting watching shows or a movie. Movies tend to make me fall asleep if they don't have explosions.

Don't feel behind! If you skim or just manage to look through updates I will not be offended.

obligatory gif within post:

tumblr_nc078fwxFE1rotc7ko1_500.gif

• Like 2

Showing up is more than half the battle in most cases.

I KNOW! I think sometimes I underestimate my own capabilities.

I have a PS4 too. I have an XBOX One and a PS4 because I have a problem. I think Jenn and I are going to go in together on a WiiU for Christmas as well because Mario. idk. I like the engagement of my brain in gaming more than I like sitting watching shows or a movie. Movies tend to make me fall asleep if they don't have explosions.

Don't feel behind! If you skim or just manage to look through updates I will not be offended.

obligatory gif within post:

tumblr_nc078fwxFE1rotc7ko1_500.gif

OOO WIIU and Hyrule Warriors is about to come out, a new smash bros, and there is always mario kart, DK, and pikmen! i has yet to really play the WIIU been focusing on PC, reading, and cooking shows too much!

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"  - Conan

Quests

Great job with pushing through with the run, even though you didn't feel like it.  And awesome progress with the handstands!  If you're comfortable with bailing out, you should be ready to just go for freestanding ones.  

I think a general adulting goal is a great idea.  Focusing on cleaning is fine and all, but if you have other adulty things that need doing, there's no reason they shouldn't count, too.  

And I'm glad that Destiny isn't so addictive that you couldn't pull yourself away for ProductiTuesday.  I just got my copy, and the couple hours/day that both kids are at school is supposed to be adulting time and not video gaming time.  

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Second day of challenge and felt a little off. Went on my run even though I really wanted to not because weather and feeling icky and all around lazy, but I pushed through. I even thought about cutting the run short at one point because I felt like I wasn't doing a good job and had better things to do, but I managed. I ran the full 5 mins of the first free form and did about half/half on the last 2 free forms. Accomplished all the running drill bits, so yay!

Who-a! That's beast mode if there ever was one! Seriously, going out for a run when not in the mood is among the hardest things to counter metally.

I have a PS4 too. I have an XBOX One and a PS4 because I have a problem. I think Jenn and I are going to go in together on a WiiU for Christmas as well because Mario.

I can confirm the WiiU has nice Mario games, and the party games that were among the very first games released to it are so fun to play!

Level 4 Half-Elf Assassin

(that dabbles with the scouts)

Tumblr | Blog | Epic quest

"There is no such thing as perfection. The world itself is imperfect; that's what makes it so beautiful."

CAPTAIN UPDATE

tumblr_nbn7ioQCdn1rur0aro1_500.jpg

I stopped at a different park for the run due to scheduling and errands being run afterwards and such. The track around the park is just so hilly so I couldn't find a good rhythm and it is paved so I just felt like my joints hated me. On top of that I was feeling crampy and blech, so the less than stellar run is understandable. Did the best I could though.

This was me yesterday too.  I wonder if it's sometimes mostly mental (at least for me).  I can get in a funk and my run will suck all the way. Everything that could hurt will hurt when I'm just not in the mood. 

"So Jenn and I got a chance to relax and actually eat dinner at our dining room table and chat at each other. I bounced a bunch of ideas off of her about mini-challenges. It's amazing how relaxing conversation and not looking at a glowing screen can be :)"

I'm working on doing dinner like this with my son.  It's hard, but it's something that makes a different in any relationship.

Congratulation on your handstand progress.  It seems like you did a great job yesterday even though you weren't feeling 100%.

Starting over

Level 0

"Taming of my hair"... *snort* you've got it going on! Good strong start to the challenge. You know what I love? That you're putting adulting in here as a goal. When I was younger I just figured that happened, not that we would all get to adulthood and not feel like adults and have to work at this. Oh to be young and naive and have nap time again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Warrior, Ravenclaw, book lover, history nerd, Red Sonja wannabe

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Hair-taming day is the best day of all. Or, well, it's up there anyway. I feel like lottery-winning day might outdo hair-taming day, but is much less likely to happen...

Congrats on pushing through and running anyway! I definitely know how that feels... Going is better than not going, even if the effort is less than optimal. Took me a while to learn that one, but I think I'm finally getting it.

Seems our mojo-schedule is sharing a sync up!    Great job pushing through on the run yesterday!    Zombie training app I see... I have debated doing that... but never understood the free form run, and other things they have you do.   Does it still, in fact, get you up to the point of running non-stop for a 5k distance? :)   It seemed a bit confusing and I was worried it would train me for ...

tumblr_mggputSMyu1qc2bleo1_250.gif

• Like 1

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

glad you pushed on through the meh-ness, I managed it today too and now feel like a million bucks. Well, body feels more like a wet rag, but brain is buzzing so yay! 

hope Wednesday has been better!

• Like 1

level 2 Hobbit. Assassin-in-training

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 1

Current Challenge: There and back again

Previous Challenges 1 2

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone." Gandalf the Grey

Seems our mojo-schedule is sharing a sync up!    Great job pushing through on the run yesterday!    Zombie training app I see... I have debated doing that... but never understood the free form run, and other things they have you do.   Does it still, in fact, get you up to the point of running non-stop for a 5k distance?  :)   It seemed a bit confusing and I was worried it would train me for ...

Well I wouldn't complain if I was trained for silly walks... in fact how is that not an app?

I think Zombie 5k is great endurance training. You get your warm-up walk which is great to get the body moving. Then run drills are kind of the part where you need to buckle down and actually do the running bits, which they don't make incredibly long. Then the free-form is basically just a 'push-yourself as far as you can go' bit. I generally try to completely run the free form run and only stop if I'm feeling pain or if it's 100 degrees outside and I'm just dying. I've definitely noticed improvement in my endurance. And there are weeks where I wonder why are they doing things this way, but I'm along for the ride... guessing that thought has been put behind it and it has been working so I can't complain.

I just find it to be more engaging than a robot telling me how many minutes to run and such. Rather have zombies chasing me for an extra kick in the butt.

Also, everyone is British and their accents are delightful.

• Like 4

Mmm!  Yes, I am actually midway through Season 2 of the actual Zombies, Run! app.    I've just since starting it, stopped running, and thought I should retrain.      Perhaps I will give the Zombie trainer a go!      Because, yes, delightful British accents.   Also -- perhaps we should work on this silly walk app. ;)

• Like 2

Level 69 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

Good job on the run! I was wondering what app that was.. zombies huh. It looks a little lacking in blood, gore etc. 

Amazing that you are so blaze about falling the other way after your handstand. That is some scary shit, you tough lady you :D

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

It’s another thing to actually write down “scrolled through Tumblr for 5 hours.â€

Daily.

Guilty.

I'm sneaking in late, but all your goals are awesome and stuff I want to do in the future (except the running.  I haven't caught that fever yet).  So I'll just park myself in lurk in the shadows like a good widow/agent ect.

I totally can't wait to see you bash that shield through all these obstacles :D

• Like 1

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

Great Job, Captain America Batwoman!

So cool, and the gif-ness of this post is awesome. 

I'll be following along because I also need to learn how to adult. "Adulting," incidentally, has now become a part of my vocabulary. Subbed and excited to see where you're going!!

I did my first (neutral grip) pull-up in the last challenge. I started with inverted rows, but what really helped me was negatives... HTH! :)

I can't wait to see what you accomplish!

Level 4, Amazon Ranger

Current Challenge:  NicBot-5000 enters Recovery Mode

Previous Challenges: 12, 3,  4, 5, 6

PRE REBOOT CHALLENGES: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Various links and sundry: Battle log, Respawn post

Good job on the run! I was wondering what app that was.. zombies huh. It looks a little lacking in blood, gore etc. 

Amazing that you are so blaze about falling the other way after your handstand. That is some scary shit, you tough lady you  :D

Note to self: murder more people while running.

My moto in life is to just go full tilt and adjust later. I should definitely practice rolls. I'm one of those people that could have an arm falling off and I would still tell you that I'm alright.

Guilty.

I'm sneaking in late, but all your goals are awesome and stuff I want to do in the future (except the running.  I haven't caught that fever yet).  So I'll just park myself in lurk in the shadows like a good widow/agent ect.

I totally can't wait to see you bash that shield through all these obstacles :D

It's day 3 of the challenge? How are you late? Prisillya is more like it (haha, I love Dad humor).

Assassins don't really like the running. When the shit goes down you are all going to need to hop on my back.

Great Job, Captain America Batwoman!

So cool, and the gif-ness of this post is awesome. 

I'll be following along because I also need to learn how to adult. "Adulting," incidentally, has now become a part of my vocabulary. Subbed and excited to see where you're going!!

I did my first (neutral grip) pull-up in the last challenge. I started with inverted rows, but what really helped me was negatives... HTH! :)

I can't wait to see what you accomplish!

Yes. Adulting is definitely a vocab word that has swept through our community. It just encompasses all the not fun things that we have to do because of the responsibilities of being older.

Congrats on the pull-up! And rugby, now that's a sport I can get behind!

• Like 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines