[Pathfinder] Journeys OOC

Hey every body I'm back! What's everyone been up to? Apologize for resurrecting this long dead thread but if people are interested in getting something like this rolling again I'm on board!

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Welcome back! Do you mean a new game or continuing this one?

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

Either or to be honest. It would be up to the group!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Welcome back man!!

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Welcome back! Do you mean a new game or continuing this one?

2 hours ago, cn3wton said:

Either or to be honest. It would be up to the group!

I'd be down for either.  I'm sure I still have Oramac's character sheet on google somewhere probably.  

That said, with my new job I wouldn't be able to post more than maybe 1-2 times a day, tops.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Just now, Oramac said:

I'd be down for either.  I'm sure I still have Oramac's character sheet on google somewhere probably.  

That said, with my new job I wouldn't be able to post more than maybe 1-2 times a day, tops.  

I would definitely work on streamlining the posting to keep things moving. I have been playing an RPG called Fate Core recently that has a very nice story driven approach. May try to apply some of those principles here. Lets see if we can get the gang back together so to speak and see where that ends up.

I will say that if we cant get the whole gang on board I would rather start anew.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cn3wton said:

I would definitely work on streamlining the posting to keep things moving. I have been playing an RPG called Fate Core recently that has a very nice story driven approach. May try to apply some of those principles here. Lets see if we can get the gang back together so to speak and see where that ends up.

I will say that if we cant get the whole gang on board I would rather start anew.

Works for me.  If we can't get everyone for this game, might I recommend 5th Edition?  It's far less numbers-intense than Pathfinder and lends itself better to story driven play.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I am going to reach out by private message to see if we can get everyone back together. 

@Gainsdalf the Whey and @Terinatum I am limited to how many private messages I can send on here. So I guess this will have to work!

• Like 2

Hey Hey!

I'm up for some more PbP. It would be a great change to my 'I wish I was playing' complaining! hehe

Either way is good for me. But if you have a new approach, perhaps new characters would help us move into a different swing of things. Granted it's been awhile so that may not be a problem. I'll look for my character sheet.

Woo Hoo!!

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I found Flo, hanging in the pages of my 2nd ed of the DMG!

Wonder what she was looking for? Likely a way to kill big-ass baddies with a tiny little knife to the back of the neck!

Oh wait, I think she knows that one already!

:smiley_simmons:

• Like 3

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

7 minutes ago, Terinatum said:

I found Flo, hanging in the pages of my 2nd ed of the DMG!

Wonder what she was looking for? Likely a way to kill big-ass baddies with a tiny little knife to the back of the neck!

Oh wait, I think she knows that one already!

:smiley_simmons:

Sounds a lot like what Oramac does! :D 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

On 5/30/2017 at 10:52 AM, cn3wton said:

@Gainsdalf the Whey and @Terinatum I am limited to how many private messages I can send on here. So I guess this will have to work!

I'm pretty short on spare time these days, hence my absence, but if you guys are willing to tag me every time a new DM post comes up so I get a notification, I'm down.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

20 minutes ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

I'm pretty short on spare time these days, hence my absence, but if you guys are willing to tag me every time a new DM post comes up so I get a notification, I'm down.

Understandable. I too am quite short on time. If I where to run the game it would be like before, with a one, maybe two posts per week schedule. 

Before we jump right back in I will re-read the adventure and see where we where at. I will also try to read through this to see what worked as far as gameplay and what didnt. I believe it was something like this.

I revealed the scenario to you guys, then you would tell me what you would like to do, providing rolls for each. We did multiple actions at once. For instance I would like to attempt to see if any bandits are flanking us, then charge in attacking them. I rolled a 16 for perception, and rolled a few attacks of 17, 14, and 6. 

The big thing is I want to give you guys the opportunity to roll dice (thats the fun part!). So I will probably take the rest of the week reworking the first post and coming up with some new rules.

My biggest thing is I don't want the battles to take weeks. I would like to get them over in a way where it doesnt feel like every week you are rolling to hit.

Let me know your thoughts! I will also be opening this up to others to see if anyone else wants to jump in!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cn3wton said:

I revealed the scenario to you guys, then you would tell me what you would like to do, providing rolls for each. We did multiple actions at once. For instance I would like to attempt to see if any bandits are flanking us, then charge in attacking them. I rolled a 16 for perception, and rolled a few attacks of 17, 14, and 6. 

That is indeed how it worked.  Sounds good to me.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Between presenting the thesis for my Masters', juggling a terrible job I'm about to leave, looking for a new one, providing narrative for my challenge thread, the Nerd Fitness Arena, the NerdHammer revamp, probably running the Ranger mini next round, playing a PbP game and running another one elsewhere, I doubt I'll have the time (and most important, creativity) to tag along.

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1),  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6), Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

As it seems that at least a few of the group will be unable to pick up where we left off it seems the best option might be to start something new.

I am willing to run the game, but if we can find someone else to DM that might be best. I would also like to pick up a couple new players. I will be posting in the DM thread shortly.

I'd also be up for switching systems. I have never run D&D before, but I have played. And it is definitely a bit easier to generate a character. And in the end how I would run the game wouldn't be very mechanically driven anyway. I prefer the story driven stuff anyways.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cn3wton said:

I have never run D&D before

So what was our last game? :P 

If we're going to switch systems, I'd very much prefer to switch to 5th Edition, though I'm not against using any other system.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Just now, Oramac said:

If we're going to switch systems, I'd very much prefer to switch to 5th Edition, though I'm not against using any other system.  

Good point. As I said I have played, and definitely love 5. I'd totally be willing to switch gears to that.

To be honest i would much rather play than run the game, but if its the difference between playing at all and not playing then I will run it lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oramac said:

Think it was Pathfinder.

I'm game for participating, though it's no secret I'm a little swamped these days. Keep me as a last fallback solution in case you still need players after all is said and done.

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Ah, so you were referring to the Medieval Fantasy genre in total then?

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

25 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Ah, so you were referring to the Medieval Fantasy genre in total then?

You're thinking way too much into this man. :P  

Cn3wton said "I've never run D&D before" to which I replied "so what was our last game?"  It was a silly little joke. :D 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

wait....I come back after a 1+ year hiatus from NF and the first thing I see is a game starting up......

If anything that made it worth logging back in. 

I will throw my hat in to play if you still need players....still kinda new to PbP but willing to try.  Let me know whats up and what system we are using (either way I will have to do some research)

• Like 2

“It’s the sensible, logical thing to do, of course, which is why we don’t do it.” -Tanis, Dragons of Autumn Twilight

"Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." - Raistlin - Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Current Challenge

On 13/6/2017 at 10:23 PM, Oramac said:

You're thinking way too much into this man. :P

I probably am. Tough couple of weeks at work.

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker