forkboy, journey to Dagobah part trois

forkboy

Second swampling! :triumphant: :triumphant:

Way to go Forkboy! So proud of you for getting up the umph to get those sprints in. That's commitment my friend.  ;)

And big congrats on the streak! 

I wish you a most excellent Wednesday!

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Thanks guys for stopping by!

Day three was equally successful.  I lifted at the gym, hit my macros, got in a mindful walk, and got to bed on time last night.

Tomorrow is scheduled for a run, but the remnants of Odile appear to be headed this way, so not sure what the weather will be like.  Is it a hurricane, a typhoon, or a cyclone?  My vote is cyclone, but I have no idea.

• Like 4

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

...the charts......wow. 

200.gif

Nicely done! I can barely get my act together when it comes to putting my workouts into my calendar. Sorry the challenge got off to a rocky start, but sounds like your head is in the right place. Look forward to seeing you rock this challenge! :)

• Like 1

Lvl 1 Rebel

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.† 

- Paulo Coelho

Thanks Two Tone!  Maybe its time for me to kick off this challenge with some of my graphs too...

daily%20920.PNG

weekly920.PNG

The last couple days have been on point I am happy to say.  I did a body weight routine on Thursday and hit the gym for lifting yesterday.  I did some mindful walking both days, hit my macros both days, and got to bed on time both days.  I will be heading out for a run today shortly.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

• Like 3

Yep, on the verge of something good I think.  Well, PR for the first time in a few years anyway (I got to around 183 and 25% BF in 2012 when I was doing a lot of CrossFit and Paleo).  If I can get below 25% BF and 180 lbs that would be momentous for sure--that would be a first since 2001 and I would have the bonus of being way stronger than I was then, since I was on a vegetarian diet and doing a lot of distance running so was runner thin.  This time it will be a lean quasi-muscular thin.  I am pretty stoked.  Just need to keep the plan through leg number 8 (late June-ish) and see what happens.

• Like 6

Wishing you a kick butt start to week 2 Forkboy! :D

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.

Wishing you a kick butt start to week 2 Forkboy! :D

Thanks lady, you too!

Week 1 report:

Workouts 6/6

Macros 67/7 [edit, damn Pei Wei, why do they have to bread and fry shit they didn't used to?!?]

Curfew 5/5

Mindfulness 7/7

Pull-up goal, made a stab at it and only got in 8 before I need to kip to get to 9 and couldn't do 10.  I am optimistic I will get it in by the end of the challenge.

This coming week I am going to have to change up my routine a bit.  I normally lift on Wednesday and Friday mornings, but I am getting my first one-on-one session at my new gym on Thursday after work.  I prefer morning workouts, but it was the only thing that worked with the trainer and my busy work schedule this week.  I am not sure how many of these sessions I will need before I can start the group power lifting class.  Hopefully one will be enough and I can dive in next week to the new M/W/F classes, but if I need more attention to form I am okay with that too.  One of the main reasons I am joining this gym is I have plateaued on all my lifts and I am therefore worried about form.  Some if it is likely my caloric deficit, but if any of it is form I hope to clean it up.  Anyway, blathering, I can only go to my regular gym on Wednesday and Friday morning, so not sure how to mix in a Thursday evening session into that.  I think what I will do is lift next Saturday and then do some running and body weight stuff the other days.

Today I did a body weight routine emphasizing volume and I learned I have lost quite a bit of my conditioning.  Running is one thing, but I want to be generally fit too.  As such I will add a conditioning routine once a week (more akin to the CrossFit style) that will be a series of sit-ups or planks, burpees, push-ups, pull-ups or chin-ups, air squats, lunges, and American or Russian swings again focusing on volume and reduced time to improve my conditioning.

Wishing everyone an awesome week 2!

• Like 5

Woo! You're kicking MAJOR amounts of ass forkboy! Way to go :triumphant:

That power lifting gym sounds awesome :D

And I'm glad you're gona' focus on form for just a bit if need be. It never hurts to get checked up on that every once in a while :rapture:

And those graphs! Oh, glorious graphs, how I've missed thee! It has been many a moon since I last laid my eyes upon the beauty that is your calculations. Your curvy and jagged lines; your square boundaries; your numbers and data! It all fills me with such passion and joy, that even an infinite landscape could not hold the entirety of my awe and wonder! You, my lovely graphs, are truly beautiful :sorrow:

...Ehh, what's that? Oh! forkboy, you're still here. Ya' you're cool too :rapture:

--

Me being over-dramatic aside, like I said, you're kicking major ass! Keep being awesome! You'll rock this challenge :triumphant:

• Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Sounds like an awesome plan Forkboy! :)

I like that...the being fit generally part. ;)

Go forth and continue to kick much butt my friend! :triumphant:

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Did 5x burpees, 10x pull-ups, 15x American swings (45lbs), 20x sit-ups, 25x push-ups, 30x lunges, 35x air squats.  3 rounds in 30 minutes.  I was way more winded than I thought I would be and had to take a bunch of catch-my-breath breaks for sure.  Lots of work to do to get back to where I should be.

Happy Wednesday!

• Like 5

:encouragement: Awesome! You will my friend!  ;)

• Like 1

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

Great week one and a great body weight workout - Happy Wednesday to you, too!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Go forkboy go!!! :triumphant:

You're doing seriously AWESOME!!! Keep up the ass kicking :tyrannosaurus::triumphant::tyrannosaurus:

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

You are a MACHINE!!!

I stand in awe. A future goal of mine is to do 25 bodyweight squats in a row. I'm only up to 11 now. 

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Okay, well work got the better of me toward the end of this week.  I am saddened a little, but tomorrow starts a new week.  I had to work three 16 hour days Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and my exercise took a hit, as did my macros two of those days.  I won't go into the details, but I had a big report due and we had some issues in the underlying data.  I simply didn't have time to plan for protein and workouts.  I sadly had to postpone my one-on-one consult at my new gym.  I will be going this coming Thursday instead. 

Weekly summary:

Workouts 4/6 (10/12 total)

Macros 5/7 (11/14 total - ouch, I really need to turn this around)

Sleep 3/5 (8/10 total - nothing I could do about being at work at 11pm :(  )

Mindfulness (4/7) (11/14 total)

Fitness Goal - did not attempt

Sorry I have been negligent of all your boards.  The report is due Wednesday, so hopefully my life will return to normal.

• Like 3

tumblr_mpseus8GrJ1sq2xuro1_500.gif

Awww, hang in there my friend. There will be good weeks and there will be not so good weeks. :cheerful:

And your right! New week and you shall ROCK IT! :livid:

I shall send good wishes that all will settle back down for you. And no worries my friend, we aren't going anywhere.  ;)

• Like 2

Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

What they said. Work is like that. But you will return and be stronger than ever!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Just get through it. We'll see you when you come up for air!

tumblr_mpseus8GrJ1sq2xuro1_500.gif

Awww, hang in there my friend. There will be good weeks and there will be not so good weeks. :cheerful:

And your right! New week and you shall ROCK IT! :livid:

I shall send good wishes that all will settle back down for you. And no worries my friend, we aren't going anywhere.   ;)

What they said. Work is like that. But you will return and be stronger than ever!

You guys are the best and why I keep coming back, thanks!  This week is off to a much better start, thanks!

• Like 2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines