forkboy, journey to Dagobah part trois

forkboy

Yay, perfect week! How many pull-ups were you doing at the start? 9 is awesome!

Thanks.  I was doing sets of 5 at the beginning of this challenge, so not an apples to apples thing, but I will take it.  When I joined NF in August of last year I could do precisely 0.

• Like 3

Current: reorient

Old: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | a | b | battle log

Older: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

myfitnesspal | epic quest

Challenge Summary:
Initial Weight:  187.2, Final Weight:  180.30, lost 6.9 lbs

Initial Waist: 36.9, Final Waist:  35.4, lost 1.5 inches
Initial BF Avg: 26.0%, Final BF Avg:  24.4%, lost 1.6% BF

I am finally under 25%, which is has been my Main Quest for some time.  I now will shift my effort to getting under 20% BF knowing my weight loss will now slow.  Some charts and pics now.  Final challenge goal summaries tomorrow...

aa.PNG

bb.PNG

6/8/14

6.8.14%20frontal%20no%20face%20cropped.j

9/6/14

9.6.14%20frontal%20no%20face%20cropped.j

Today 10/25/14

10.25.14%20frontal%20no%20face%20cropped

• Like 5

Picture-8.png

• Like 3

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Seriously though, I am awesomely proud of you Forkboy. ;)

Big hugs!

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Week 6 summary and final tally:

Workouts 6/6 (33/36 total) = A

Macros 7/7 (39/42 total) = A

Sleep 5/5 (28/30 total) = A

Mindfulness (7/7) (39/42 total) = A

Fitness Goal - today I did 10 pull-ups, but the last one was kipping a bit so not exactly the goal.  All that said I am going to give myself the reward, which will be a weekend trip away with my wife (just the two of us to Santa Barbara).

Now, I have a lot of reflecting to do about the next challenge.  The fun has gone a bit, but I still need to buckle down and hit my macros and workouts to reach my goals.  Any ideas out there on bringing the fun back?

• Like 4

yay reward! Hope you and your wife have a great time.

Bringing back the fun would be different for different people. Since you sound kind of sick of the grilled chicken, one idea would be to try a recipe each week (that fits within you food goals). Another would be to try some new kind of exercise. Sounds like you have a solid exercise program, so this wouldn't be to take away from it...just adding some fun element. Not sure if you have kids, and if so what ages, but it could be fun to think of some healthy activity you could do with your wife or the whole family...hiking, climbing gym, skating...whatever. Another idea would be to find a fun pvp or acountabilibuddies (sp??) group.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Wow, you knocked that one out of the park, Forkboy! Way to go!!

Here's hoping you have a great break.  Xena has some good suggestions; all I can say is to mix it up a bit; pick something that intrigues you just for itself, that you will look forward to. Hugs and happy vacation!

HH

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

yay reward! Hope you and your wife have a great time.

Bringing back the fun would be different for different people. Since you sound kind of sick of the grilled chicken, one idea would be to try a recipe each week (that fits within you food goals). Another would be to try some new kind of exercise. Sounds like you have a solid exercise program, so this wouldn't be to take away from it...just adding some fun element. Not sure if you have kids, and if so what ages, but it could be fun to think of some healthy activity you could do with your wife or the whole family...hiking, climbing gym, skating...whatever. Another idea would be to find a fun pvp or acountabilibuddies (sp??) group.

Thanks.  I do have kids and I do like hiking with the fam, so I will try and mix in a bit.  I will also look at some PVPs, thanks for the ideas!

Wow, you knocked that one out of the park, Forkboy! Way to go!!

Here's hoping you have a great break.  Xena has some good suggestions; all I can say is to mix it up a bit; pick something that intrigues you just for itself, that you will look forward to. Hugs and happy vacation!

HH

Thanks HH!

So, I actually guessed right that the next challenge is after a 2 week break.  I think I will just stay on this thread until it is up.  No major updates yet this week.  I think I may break from the macro restrictions once or twice during the break, just not the calorie restrictions.

• Like 2

the next challenge is after a 2 week break.  I think I will just stay on this thread until it is up. 

I'm doing the same. After all, I have to record my profound thoughts! Although I'm having a great time being able to eat dairy without counting every portion. I'm rigorous with calories; I have 3 days to lose that extra pound. :)

Have a great break!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

Weigh in this morning had me at 179.  Super stoked about that!  I have not been in the 170s since 2003.  I am within 4 lbs of my 175 goal which will be rewarded with a new tattoo.  Also super excited about that!  I was a little down and I know I shouldn't let the scale guide my emotion, but for some reason it just feels momentous.  It was a goal  I have been working on for over a year that I finally accomplished. (Granted I took like a 4 month hedonist hiatus that totally fucked me over, but a year nonetheless).  Candy, pizza, and booze was hard to avoid yesterday for sure, lots of temptation, but I survived and am moving along.  My big goal is not to slip during the break.  I would love to hit 175 and get that tattoo by the end of the next challenge.  Something like this, a bit smaller though as a sleeve would probably not go over well at work..

4de4769bdba9f0e06eafd8e34a693861.jpg

• Like 6

Awesome! Scales are so often the enemy, this time it's your friend. Enjoy the moment - you earned it!

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

First, 

WHAHOO!

Wow, what awesome progress! And a year is fast. Just think of it: one year, and you went exactly where you wanted to go. The power of resolve, the power of WIN!!!

SUPER guilty about scales affecting my attitude. I basically got to back away every once in a while. But the trend-- oh, the delicious trend!

That's a beautiful tattoo. I wish you luck in your journey, my friend. I'm still here, and I'm not letting you off the hook during break!!!

Cheers. 

Level 9 Ranger

Congrats on hitting the 17x after more than a decade!

W0000000000000000T!

I'm looking forward to seeing you hit that 175 lbs target, too! :encouragement:

And that tattoo is beautiful! So when you get it, we'll want pics! ;)

Keep rockin'! \m/ \m/

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Yay, you! Great job - those milestones always feel so good!

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

k, finally moved...  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56610-forkboy%E2%80%99s-journey-to-dagobah-reaches-half-way-4-of-8/

I just got back from a long break (my trip to Santa Barbara with my wife) and I ate and drank copious amounts and have put on a few pounds I now need to take back off.

Cheers all!

• Like 3

I can't believe you hit 150 on MFP. I've been using it consistently, but for a while it was zeroing me out even when I signed in daily. That bug appears to be fixed, yay. 

You are so near your goal. This is exciting!

Following you on part 4....

Level 9 Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines