Hurley can't think of a catchy title for this challenge

RedPandaOne

Ugh! It's probably going to take me 3 months to even find a new doctor, and maybe longer for one who is good!

No Dr is good.  Just saying.

My dr said that I need to eat sugar because that is how the brain functions.  If I don't eat sugars, then my thinking can be cloudy/foggy.  He also scoffed at my sledgehammer workouts and didn't advise eating paleo.

Guess who thinks clearer, doesn't have depression, can do 50 pushups, is stronger than ever before, and has lost almost 70 pounds?

5x22-Bob_Kelso.jpg

This guy.  He has no idea what he's talking about. They parrot from a book that they had to study which contains information that's already outdated before the book comes into print a lot of times.
  • Like 1

argh sorry to hear the doctor troubles. Hopefully you can find a new one. In the meantime keep up with the swimming and the cardio and easting well! Hope the end of the challenge went ok!?

• Like 1

level 2 Hobbit. Assassin-in-training

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 1|WIS 3|CHA 1

Current Challenge: There and back again

Previous Challenges 1 2

"I am looking for someone to share in an adventure that I am arranging, and it's very difficult to find anyone." Gandalf the Grey

Yea, I'm just basically ignoring what he said. I'm just going to sit down and really start tracking what I'm eating/drinking and see if/what I need to fix.

I see I never did a Week 5 or End of Challenge Recap. The last week has been such a blur I just completely forgot.

Week 5 Recap

Main 3 goals:

Do cardio 3x a week: B

I should count the second half hour as my third day. But I'm going to be stickler for semantics and say I didn't do my 3rd day even though the number of hours is correct. I know, I know.

Strength train 1x week - A
Did my class. Yay!!

Swim 1x a week (with a 1 week exception) - A
Followed Dory's advice and just kept swimming

Mini goals:

Track food 5 days a week - nay.

Practice Swedish 30 minutes a week - nej

End of Challenge Recap

Remember, I only did 5 weeks instead of 6. I was on vacation all last week.

Main 3 goals:

Do cardio 3x a week: B

Strength train 1x week: D
Swim 1x a week (with a 1 week exception): D

Not so great, but not horrible either.

Mini goals:

Track food 5 days a week - nay.
Practice Swedish 30 minutes a week - nej

Won't even comment on those.

I don't feel bad not doing the full 6 weeks. I did a ton of walking last week. I was doing on average about 17,500 steps each day. One day was over 25,000 with 13 flights of stairs. I could hardly walk by the end of each day. I also ate fairly well I think. I had pizza only once. No burgers. I did have a butterbeer, but no pumpkin scone. I looked in about 5 Starbucks and none of them had the scones :( I did have a venti ice chai latte one day, though, with half a cookie. And after I thought my neck had snapped off on Space Mountain my mom bought me a Micky Mouse ice cream. Oh, and the apple tart that came with our meal on Saturday. But all week I usually had chicken (never fried or battered), ham (even though it was labeled as a turkey leg), and seafood (tuna salad one day, shrimp another). And cereal for breakfast: cheerios, something else that was on the healthier side, and one day was fruit loops. The fruit loops day was actually the day I ended up getting sick, so no more after that. For drinks I mainly stuck with water. I had a few sodas, but again, after I got sick I shied away from the extra sugar because it was the Coke that pushed me over the edge to being sick. But I drank so much water. We kept that water bottle full.

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines