Packelly- Getting Lean

Yllek

This is REALLY hard for me too, so if you figure anything out I would love to hear about it. I have done a chores calendar before and I have given out "stars" for completing them without bitching, but alas they just complain and complain and then do a crappy job on top of it. It takes all my will not just to do it and avoid the bitching and shoddy work.

I will. It is very hard. It took my son 35 minutes to empty the dishwasher on Sunday. He complained, played dumb and walked around telling me how unfair I was being. I told him "dude, if you just stop complaining and get it done you would be done already". He doesn't get it. He just focuses on the fact that I'm making him do something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting over

Level 0

I will. It is very hard. It took my son 35 minutes to empty the dishwasher on Sunday. He complained, played dumb and walked around telling me how unfair I was being. I told him "dude, if you just stop complaining and get it done you would be done already". He doesn't get it. He just focuses on the fact that I'm making him do something.

So after writing this I was tying my shoes on and noticed how late it was. I realized that I do the same thing. Here I am running late to the gym because I'm complaining and whining of how early it is, how tired I am, etc. I could be working out already if I had just gotten out of bed when the alarm went off. Hmm, something I'll have to work on and give him a better example.

• Like 2

Starting over

Level 0

Strength workout done this morning.
I did a super set of db chest press and bent over dumbbell rows. 285 reps of chest press and 288 reps of Bent over dumbbell row and a total 50 squats in between reps. At the end of the workout I did pull up work even though I was out of gas.
I should get my 10+ minutes of cardio while my son is at swim practice.

Reps x lbs
Db Bench Press
10x30#
20x25#
20x20#
35x15#
25x12#, 25x10# (Drop Set)
50x10#
40x10#
30x15#
20x15#
10x25#

Bent over DB row
8x25#
20x20#
25x15#
35x12#
50x10#
50x10#
40x10#
30x12#
20x12#
10x20#

Assisted Pull-ups
3x35#
5x45#
4x45#
1 Negative pull up
1 10sec hold at top of the bar
1 10 sec hold at 90 degree bent of arms.
( I should get this done first so I have more strength to get it done)

• Like 3

Starting over

Level 0

Wow that's a lot of reps. I'm really impressed that you're getting up early for workouts. I've been waking up earlier and earlier, but I just go to work early...have to admit it feels good being able to knock off at 3. Then I can stop by home to change and decide on a workout with no rush. But the few times (yeeeears ago) I worked out in the morning (not counting weekends) hafta admit it was energizing. 

#1 #2 #3 #3.1 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #13.5 #14 #15 #16 # 17 #18 #19 #20 #21

Current Challenge

Battle Log

Level 18 Pixie Ranger

I'm not a morning person, but my energy levels are gone by the evening. I know it will be hard at the beginning to wake up early enough to do both.

4am would be hard for me too. I've been working on getting up early for months. My goal is to eventually wake up by 4:30 and be at the gym by 5. Right now I wake up at 5:15, after snoozing for 15 mins, then argue with myself for 30 minutes and then decide to get ready. If going to the gym wins. My bed is too comfortable.

I'm far from a morning person! Everyone in my office knows not to talk to me PC (Pre-Coffee). I found the first few weeks were spent arguing with myself and spending the time between snoozes finding any excuse I could to not get up. This sounds weird, but if you use your phone for your alarm, set it to play an inspirational song as the alarm. I have mine set to Eye of the tiger!!  :D

Strength workout done this morning.

I did a super set of db chest press and bent over dumbbell rows. 285 reps of chest press and 288 reps of Bent over dumbbell row and a total 50 squats in between reps. At the end of the workout I did pull up work even though I was out of gas.

I should get my 10+ minutes of cardio while my son is at swim practice.

Reps x lbs

Db Bench Press

10x30#

20x25#

20x20#

35x15#

25x12#, 25x10# (Drop Set)

50x10#

40x10#

30x15#

20x15#

10x25#

Bent over DB row

8x25#

20x20#

25x15#

35x12#

50x10#

50x10#

40x10#

30x12#

20x12#

10x20#

Assisted Pull-ups

3x35#

5x45#

4x45#

1 Negative pull up

1 10sec hold at top of the bar

1 10 sec hold at 90 degree bent of arms.

( I should get this done first so I have more strength to get it done)

Well done! That's one hell of a workout. Just looking at all those reps makes me ache! 

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

My kids are still pretty little (3 and 5) so they only have one chore and that is to pack up their toys at the end of each day - I have a sticker chart for them, and once they get 10 stickers they get $2. It is all about the money :P

We have tried the chore chart and it looses it's newness after a couple of weeks and we both loose the motivation. But I'm committed to make it work this time. My son is very money driven so he has a list of simple chores he has to do just because he is part of the household and then 5 items that he can do for a dollar each. The trick is that he can't earn the money unless the other ones are done. We'll see how it goes.

Wow that's a lot of reps. I'm really impressed that you're getting up early for workouts. I've been waking up earlier and earlier, but I just go to work early...have to admit it feels good being able to knock off at 3. Then I can stop by home to change and decide on a workout with no rush. But the few times (yeeeears ago) I worked out in the morning (not counting weekends) hafta admit it was energizing.

Thanks! I'm very impressed too. Hehe. I've been waking up earlier and earlier giving myself time to get used to it little by little. It's an adjustment but I'm glad I get my workout out of the way early. Now if only I could figure out what to do in the afternoons when it all hits me.

• Like 1

Starting over

Level 0

I found the first few weeks were spent arguing with myself and spending the time between snoozes finding any excuse I could to not get up. This sounds weird, but if you use your phone for your alarm, set it to play an inspirational song as the alarm. I have mine set to Eye of the tiger!!

This is a good idea. I listen to songs like that on my way to the gym to wake me up and get me in the mood. I will start from home now. Will let you know how it works. Off to get ready for a legs and shoulder workout. [emoji41]

Starting over

Level 0

We have tried the chore chart and it looses it's newness after a couple of weeks and we both loose the motivation. But I'm commuted to make it work this time. My son is very money driven so he has a list of simple chores he has to do just because he is part of the household and them 5 items that he can do for a dollar each. The trick is that he can't earn the money unless the other ones are done. We'll see how it goes.

I think I am going to use that system once my girls are a bit older - sounds like a winner.

I'm far from a morning person! Everyone in my office knows not to talk to me PC (Pre-Coffee). I found the first few weeks were spent arguing with myself and spending the time between snoozes finding any excuse I could to not get up. This sounds weird, but if you use your phone for your alarm, set it to play an inspirational song as the alarm. I have mine set to Eye of the tiger!!  :D

Waking up to Eye of the Tiger! Why haven't I thought of that yet - currently I have Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles :P

• Like 1

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

Workout done. I didn't sleep very well last night.  I woke up at 4:20am and couldn't go back to sleep so I got ready to the gym.  I need to work on a bed time routine so I can wind down before 10pm.

Nutrition is going well.  Need to up my calories a bit, I'm coming around 1,500 and I have more energy when I keep them above 1,700.

I'm more than half way through my squats for today.  My goal is 60 squats today. I'm planning on increasing 5-10 squats per day I do them. WIll update my goal post with a total number later today.

Got my cardio done for today.  Got 5 minutes warm up on the stationary bike and 5 minutes from hell on the stair master after my workout.  But got to 28 floors and with the 21 from yesterday I finished the mini-challenge for this week.

I finished with 10 minutes of stretching and boy, I need to work on my flexibility.

Life Quest

I’ve been tracking everything and trying to stay to my budget.  Like actually adding everything up at the grocery store as I was putting it in my cart.  Annoying as heck but it kept us from getting things we didn’t need.  It was kind of traumatic for my son as he likes to just grab things for snacks and throw them in the car.  I made it as a challenge and he was in charge of the list and I was in charge of the calculator so we kept each other accountable.  But I could see the disappointment in his eyes when I rejected some of his snack choices because they weren’t on our list.  I told him to keep them in mind to add them to next week’s list.  I think I’m going to get a magnetic pad for the fridge so that way he can add his own stuff and I plan having his stuff in mind.

I also opened a separate bank account to separate my emergency fund from my rent money and my vacation savings.  I keep a full month of rent in one account and I want to up that to 6 months of rent and I want to have more in the emergency fund.  I was having a hard time keeping track of what amount belongs where so now I’m keeping them separated.

Stop procrastinating project.  Aside from finding my passport and checking in for the cruise I haven’t done much here.

Box Squats
10x45#
8x65#
7x75#
6x75#
Barbell Squats
6x75#
5x85 Form started to suffer here.
6x75

Dumbbell one-arm shoulder press
10x25#
8x25#
8x25#
8x25#
6x25#
I could’ve gotten more reps with my right arm but I wanted to keep it even.

Super set:
one-arm side lateral raise
8x15#
10x15#
One-arm incline lateral raise
10x10#
10x10#
Cable Seated Lateral Raise
10x5.5#
10x5.5#

• Like 3

Starting over

Level 0

Great job. I might try the calculator at the store this week. See if it augments any of my purchasing decisions. It's just always a surprise to see what the total is at checkout.

It definitely makes a difference for me.  Plus if you go with an amount of money that you’re planning to spend it shocks you how quickly you get there without barely any items in your cart so you kind of have to prioritize. At least that has been my experience. Let me know how it works for you. :smile-new: 

• Like 1

Starting over

Level 0

It definitely makes a difference for me. Plus if you go with an amount of money that you’re planning to spend it shocks you how quickly you get there without barely any items in your cart so you kind of have to prioritize. At least that has been my experience. Let me know how it works for you. :smile-new:

I can relate. My food budget has always been out of control. I would cut expenses elsewhere to accommodate my expensive tastes. With that said, having put myself on a caloric restriction I find my food is not only less in quantity but less in variety. I hate entering new recipes three times a day to calculate calories. Food budget has gone way down. In fact it has gone down so much I have freed up a lot of cash. It's funny how much money we eat.

Also, your chest work out, damn that's a lot of reps! :o

Sent while in the bathroom.

"If you're not waking up in the morning and living your life like a ritual of creation or destruction or life or death or love or hate then you really are just dieing one minute at a time."

- Paul "Grimnir" Waggener of the Wolves of Vinland

Mogi Shade, Level 4 Yeti

[STR 6] [DEX 8] [STA 4] [CON 5] [WIS 4] [CHA 4]

Current Challenge: [05]

JJSOMMER.COM | Tumblr | Instagram

Quinte Outdoor Club Meet-Up Group [ON, Canada]

It's funny how much money we eat.

It's crazy how much money we eat. 

Also, your chest work out, damn that's a lot of reps! :o

yeah! It was boring too. hehe! I read this article about switching between high reps and lower reps for endurance, to increase strenght and muscle size so I'm trying it out.  I'm not sore today so I'm not sure how well this is working for me.  But I will keep trying it for a while to see if it really works.

Starting over

Level 0

Ah money - I hate it!

I have 4 separate bank accounts - one for everyday spending - so random things, groceries and petrol. One for bills (rent/insurance/electricity/gas/mobile/internet/child care/car registration). One for the girls - so that when they grow up I can give them a lump sum towards a car or house, whatever. And one for emergencies.

Each payday I split the money into the 4 accounts. 

It works for me - but yes groceries are a killer - so bloody expensive here in Australia. 

• Like 3

Level 1 :: Lycan (STR-2 :: DEX-2 :: STA-2 :: CON-2 :: WIS-1 :: CHA-1)

Challenges:  One

Daily logs: Battle log / MFP

I have 4 separate bank accounts - one for everyday spending - so random things, groceries and petrol. One for bills (rent/insurance/electricity/gas/mobile/internet/child care/car registration). One for the girls - so that when they grow up I can give them a lump sum towards a car or house, whatever. And one for emergencies.

Holy crap, that's awesome! 

• Like 1

Aeshnidae, The Girl with the Dragonfly Tattoo

Human Ranger

Level 4 | STR 9 | DEX 8 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 8 | CHA 3

Aeshnidae Flips the Bird at Being Sick | Battle Log | Skull Crushers III

Intro Post | MFP | 2nd Challenge

"Fire bad, tree pretty."

"Nothing but the rain..."

Ah money - I hate it!

It works for me - but yes groceries are a killer - so bloody expensive here in Australia.

That's pretty good. Keeping things separate makes all the math a lot easier. Good thing you're already saving for your daughters.

• Like 1

Starting over

Level 0

It definitely makes a difference for me.  Plus if you go with an amount of money that you’re planning to spend it shocks you how quickly you get there without barely any items in your cart so you kind of have to prioritize. At least that has been my experience. Let me know how it works for you. :smile-new: 

Totally agree - that's why both my grocery and my weekly spending amounts are all cash. It helps me because it's tangible - I can SEE what I'm spending. And when it's done, it's done.

I have 4 separate bank accounts

Ditto! I have six. It definitely helps.

• Like 1

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

Oh I didn't mean yours :D - I was just imagining walking into the bank - "hello I'd like to open 200 bank accounts - i like to be very organised" :tongue:

Well that's what I get for flying through posts! 

Hahaha your description just brought the funniest image into my head. "yes and a separate card for each account kthx"

• Like 2

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines