• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kat on the Run

Here Kat Goes Again

So I snuck in a workout. Might as well since I'm working this weekend apparently. Three sets of: ten inverse rows, five squats with 20 lbs, ten push-ups, twenty step ups, minute plank, :30 jumping jacks. Two sets of: five squats with 10 lbs, 15 individual calf raises on each leg, 15 double calf raises, :30 side planks each side, :30 high knees

• Like 1

Challenge Wrap Up: I don't want to spend too much time looking at this while I'm supposed to be working, but here goes:

Major fitness goal: run half marathon on the 20th (or run/walk, really), then consistently workout after that

Step 1: workout 4 days a week: running two, strength two. Bonus points for an extra workout, especially if it's yoga or something 

I did a couple of workouts each week...more strength than running.  I'd say I'd get most of my strength points and very few running points, although I get some sympathy points since I was hurt/sick for part of the challenge

Step 2: do back exercises at least 5/7 days of the week, and go to the chiropractor however often he suggests

I probably did back exercises about 5 days a week, but I've missed a few chiro appointments

Step 3: continue to eat mostly meat and vegetables, complete low-sugar September (where my friends and I are attempting to eat <=40 g of natural sugar and <=20 g), potentially start Whole 30 in mid-Oct.

We decided to not do the whole 30 until next year, so I did fairly well with low sugar but then ate poorly in Oct

Major life goal: be more productive and focused

Step 1: get out of bed at 7 every day

Hahahahhahahahaha......nope

Step 2: mobile/timewaster cleanse (details TBD)

Still struggling with this, maybe half points

Step 3: lumosity/duolingo/meditation - half an hour each day - 5/7 days

Did well with lumosity/duolingo, not great with meditation

Scoring:

Workout 4 days/week: +2 sta and +2 str depending on the type -- I'll give myself the +2 str
Back exercises: +1 con -- since I can't really do 1/2 points, I'll give myself this point
Eating nice: +1 con -- meh, no points

Out of bed: +3 err...something -- I never decided on this, and did not do it, so no points
Time waster cleanse: +3 something...let's go with charisma, since my head won't be stuck in my phone all day, +1 for effort/some improvement
Mental exercises: +3 wisdom -- +2 for doing well on 2/3 of the issues

Is it just me or does the half training (running and strength) and the whole 30 seem like a lot all at once? I know it would for me, but I'm not you. So just curious if you thought it was more than reasonably expected or do you think it was doable as is?

Also, I know nothing of lumosity/duolingo, but can it give you benefits that meditation can or do they both need to be done to get the expected results? I guess I wondering a lot about expectation. lol

I see a lot of good work here, especially while in recovery. Good work!

Well the whole 30 was supposed to be for oct, while the half was in september.  I hadn't planned on doing it until my friends said they were going to, then they decided they weren't so I wasn't too heartbroken.  I shouldn't have let myself go so carb-y even without the whole 30, though.  I haven't been eating my best, and I need to be better at that. I think I can do the meditation on top of everything, it's just unplugging myself and setting aside a few minutes to do it.  I'm not thoroughly disappointed I didn't this challenge, but my goals were definitely realistic

• Like 1