• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

awesomesue

Crushing 400

*HUGS* People really, really suck. :( Just remember that you are the better person. And hope your workout makes you feel better!! :love_heart:  :love_heart:  :love_heart:

Thanks so much.  Still eating at me today I must admit.  Kiddo asked when I got home why I was not happy.  She was awesome and before I knew it we had a case of the giggles within an hour.  My husband had to leave for class and I know it bothered him that I was sad.  He is great too.  While he was at class my 9 year old put on "our song" which is Hey Ho by the Lumineers and then made me dinner.  That's right, made me dinner.  She made Wookie Smoothie (her own concoction of plain almond milk, plain greek yogurt, frozen banana's, honey, cinnamon, and some cocoa powder all pureed in the blender) which is very tasty.  She made her amazing (her words :)) ) scrambled eggs with avacado on a toasted tortilla shell.   Yum...need I say more?!

So yesterday I put in more miles toward my distance goal.  I stretched again (2/4) and strength trained 2/4).  I was also happy with how I ate last night and did not give into mindless cruddy stuff.  I ate smart and stopped when satisfied.

39.92 of 450 down!

8.9%
8.9%

What bothers me most is that I did not ride in today due to yesterday.  So I am missing out on miles and gorgeous weather.  Plus I opted to not run at lunch.  Ugh.  I really do not enjoy treadmills some days and I am tired mentally.  Which is stressing me even more since I have only one run in since my long run on Sunday and I am 2 weeks out from the half and and and.....stressing big time!  Then stupid people in my head and I need to get past it.

That's awesome your family stepped in to help you feel better! :) And Wookie Smoothie sounds amazing

It sucks that what happened yesterday kept you from riding, but it'll pass soon! And don't worry about getting your runs in; it's the long runs that matter the most and are the runs that should not be skipped. Besides, one "bad" week won't ruin your entire training plan, and you'll rock the half!!

• Like 2

That's awesome your family stepped in to help you feel better! :) And Wookie Smoothie sounds amazing

It sucks that what happened yesterday kept you from riding, but it'll pass soon! And don't worry about getting your runs in; it's the long runs that matter the most and are the runs that should not be skipped. Besides, one "bad" week won't ruin your entire training plan, and you'll rock the half!!

^This

Just remember that their behavior is a reflection on them, not on you. You are amazing.

• Like 2

Oh gosh I forgot to mention that I did get up at 4:30 but promptly went to cuddle kiddo and fell asleep.  Between her, the hound dog, and feeling blah from those rude people and fighting a bug I knew better.  Still I thought I would get up after a quick cuddle.  Then the dog sighed, kiddo cuddled into me, and I lost that battle.  That makes it 4 out of 5 days this week I managed to get up early.  Stretching tonight so that will be 3/4 this week.  I am going to take extra time and relax.  

I resisted the urge to eat junk at home.  I have an adjunct where I work that is an amazing gardener.  He left me 3 big bags of fresh green beans and 2 large butternut squash.  Okay I am terrified of these butternut things but decided to take them.  I am going to turn them into soup.  I found a couple great sounding recipes.  Also I was concerned we would not get through all the beans so in the interest of not wasting food and focusing on something good so I tried a new recipe.  It was roasted green beans or green bean fries if you will.  Oh my gosh....A M A Z I N G!  My husband made a delicious homemade pizza.  Neither of us had it in us to try a new recipe, cauliflower crust, but we decided to do it more as a "side" dish this Sunday.  This way if it bombs then kiddo will not be disappointed.  Neither of us felt like we had it in us this evening.  I have contemplated taking the dog out for a couple miles to get some mileage in, after all 450 for me is a huge goal, but since I am still struggling with this bug I decided to rest tonight.  Granted I am still contemplating on whether or not it would be a good idea for me to hop on the stationary bike for an hour.  However these yawns pretty much indicate I am done contemplating it and gong to watch Green Lantern with the dog as my husband goes to bed early and kiddo plays on the computer.

Also I believe I am done stressing over yesterday and the impending hm.  I really am nervous.  I just want to finish.  Someday I would love to race them.  First things first.  Complete it.  Improve health/fitness and then kick butt!  So my long run this weekend will not be the I must do x miles.  So need a break from that so I am merely going to go out and run for 2-3 hours.  Thus I will end up with ample miles.  Less pressure in some ways.  Hopefully it is not a bad idea.  Excited to see what I end up doing since I will not look at my distance until I am done.  I only have a basic gps device (read as: cell phone that is no longer used as a cell but as a wifi device only).  Plus I am making it a point to go areas/routes that are not ones I know distances on either.  I want to run for the mere joy of it.

I should also get in some bike miles, walking as usual, and then family tennis time.

Talk about spilling your guts...man I can ramble!  Time to floss and brush (woo hoo side challenge) and then stretch.

• Like 1

You've put in enough training at this point to afford a timed run if you want, even if it ended up being short. Just call it part of your taper. And if it goes long, you have two weeks to recover, so you are good there, too.

• Like 1

Not going to get the run in today but tomorrow it is a go!  Might rain but I love running in the rain.  That should make 2-3 hours quite enjoyable.

Made that soup with butternut squash.  Kept it simple.  Roasted the squash, heated up some chicken broth, and seasoned with garlic and onion.  Oh my it is delicious.  I was nervous about trying this squash and am super glad I did try it.  Wish I had made it before lunch and not as I was cleaning up.  I would have devoured it.  Better than the hot dog and pretzel bun I had which is funny since that is what I was craving prior to tasting this amazing new soup.  Not many calories left for the day but I had a hearty breakfast and a filling lunch so dinner need not be more than some beans and beef for "taco night".  Kiddo deemed Saturday nights "taco night" which can be anything from tacos to homemade tameles.

Kept with the side challenge and stretched last night.  Walked a couple miles today and had some fun family tennis time this morning.  Going to mow, stretch, and strength train in a bit.  Tomorrow I will post the mileage update and round out the week.

Well today it turns out the rain passed us by which was disappointing.  It feels so good and usually I do not see very many other females out in the rain.

Okay in my other thread about the half marathon I posted about my terrible run.  Today was beyond awful and disappointing.  Missed the mini challenge and forgot to floss last night.  Still am going to work on doing that each night.  Really have enjoyed it and doing my hair and not just a quick brush does leaving me feeling pretty good for the day.  So odd really.

I got in strength training last night and today.  More stretching too along with getting some more rest this weekend.  I think I am over whatever bug I had been fighting.

For week 1:

• I manged to get up 4 out of 5 work days before 4:30...not a bad first week with that I say.
  • Strength trained 4/4 times and stretched 5/4 so definitely a win!
  • Distance was not as much as it could have been on a usual week but now that I am feeling good I know it will improve.  I have completed 51.92 out of 450 so ...

11.5%
11.5%

Off to floss and fold laundry.  LOL oh the excitement.  We did enjoy the latest Doctor Who episode with dinner this evening and I think some LotR will be nice with laundry.  :))

Hi Suelk. Just stopping by for the first time.  *Excited waving*

I sometimes wish I had a treadmill at home, so I didn't have to spend so much time away from my family too.  :)  I also love running in the morning, but it takes me so long to get ready for work afterwards I don't usually have the opportunity.

Oh my gosh, are you really getting up that early?! Bully for you! What time do you go to bed?

I was reading what you wrote about getting stupid and eating until you feel sick and I thought, wow, that sounds so familiar... but then I remembered that you said the same thing on my thread.  :)   It's so hard to change the way you automatically respond to things.

Running in jeans. What a strange thought! I guess that must get them nicely broken in though....

I'm sorry you had a rough ride. Don't stress, sweetie. You can still do what you intend to do; don't let yourself get stuck on worrying about inconsiderate folks. And Aww, cuddles are totally worth it. Good for body and mind.  <3

• Like 1

Hi Suelk. Just stopping by for the first time.  *Excited waving*

I sometimes wish I had a treadmill at home, so I didn't have to spend so much time away from my family too.  :)  I also love running in the morning, but it takes me so long to get ready for work afterwards I don't usually have the opportunity.

Oh my gosh, are you really getting up that early?! Bully for you! What time do you go to bed?

I was reading what you wrote about getting stupid and eating until you feel sick and I thought, wow, that sounds so familiar... but then I remembered that you said the same thing on my thread.  :)   It's so hard to change the way you automatically respond to things.

Running in jeans. What a strange thought! I guess that must get them nicely broken in though....

I'm sorry you had a rough ride. Don't stress, sweetie. You can still do what you intend to do; don't let yourself get stuck on worrying about inconsiderate folks. And Aww, cuddles are totally worth it. Good for body and mind.  <3

*Waves back*  Yep I get up early however today I was up after 5am since I forgot to set my alarm.  We stayed up for AGENTS of SHIELD.  Normally I go to bed around 9-10.  So I am not up super late.  Oh and you should try jeans in the winter if it is cold where you are at.  An old loose pair that is broken in is divine to run in but I am not usually doing more than 3-4 miles in them so not sure if they would chafe.  A little body glide and I bet it would be all good.  I am adding massive bike miles on our stationary bike, or I intend to at least, because we do not have a treadmill at home.  I hate using them at work since I do not have time to clean up at lunch.  

So I have taken two day s off from strength training and stretching.  Uh oh.  Todays plan is to strength train, run a few miles (he he he love saying that),  stretch, and well I have already commuted to work via bike so that is good.  Did not get up early dang it!!  Forgot my alarm last night.  I was feeling blah and not thinking.  Speaking of which I was out of sorts getting home late from work and feeling sad I would not get a run in and well stupid with food was me.  I had 2 when 1 would suffice (hot dog....cheap, easy, quick crud food) and I over ate on the delicious homemade mac and cheese.  I mean it was fantastic but again that is no excuse to eat extra.  It did not help me not feel blah.  Okay today is a new day.  Focus on nourishing myself with good foods.  I think last night I could have ate 1/2 the m&c and only one dog.    Next time we do it that is exactly what I will do.  We only buy hotdogs maybe 3 times a year.  I remember when they were a staple in our diet.  Money is tight and they are super cheap.  Better to eat one when feeling lazy than to order pizza, spend $ we do not have, and definitely over eat out of guilt from all that junk.  At work today they are providing breakfast.  Pastries and fruit.  I packed to avoid things that make me not feel good although I plan on grabbing fruit.  Fruit is always nice.  Speaking of which, time to grab some!

• Like 1

So here goes my current update for the week as of last night:

Stretching 2/4

Strength 1/4

Up early 3/5 although I am not always exercising in the morning but I am up so I am working on that habit which is good.

Distance is now 96.42 of 450 complete!  I need to pick up the pace some but I am feeling pretty confident and making sure I do not do something totally crazy so I can make it to and through that impending hm!

21.4%
21.4%

So my head is clearer today.  Those idiots have moved on in my head.  I had a couple people say I should let those people motivate me.  Um, nope!  I do not want some negative things from strangers motivate me to keep at it.  I have the motivation on my own, my own reasons and goals, and I prefer to let those I admire motivate me.  Not strangers who would rather be negative and rude.  Enough of those people in the world and I do not want what they are selling or fuel me.  They are insignificant to me now....LOL took a little for me to get it.  So in keeping with it last night was a rough night waiting on stuff regarding my kiddo.  All is good but while worrying we spent $ we did not have and ordered out.  I gave into soda and over eating but not as much as I normally do.  Dang right?  In my true fashion I was inclined to be hard on myself today, internalize what I saw as my failure, and I finally decided no!  No I am not going to do that.  One meal of 3 was not what I wanted but that means 2 or 3 where.  I knew I was eating a bit too much.  It was my choice.  Cannot change what happened.  I can look at today and say it will be better and it is better.  Then in my email this morning what a thing from NF.  In that interview/feature was a link that I had read and I read it again.  Bingo.  I enjoyed reading again this article,

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/08/16/get-over-it/

Yesterday I wanted and needed to run.  I was letting stress and worry keep me from it (inconvenient excuse).  So I took a brief nap as I did need the rest and then dragging my sorry backside out the door.  I walked a bit and then decided to suck it up buttercup and I started to run.  Then I felt free.  I did not care who was looking or anything other than how good this felt.  All I cared about was running.  It was a good 2 miles before I had to head home to tackle somethings.  My husband smiled and asked if it cleared my head.   Yes, yes it did and I even felt strong after the run which was a big boon to dealing with stress.

Today will be bike miles, walking, run, strength workout, and stretching.  Some will be done as part of my commute and at lunch.  I like having active lunches.  Once in a while a lunch at my desk is nice but I prefer to do something.

• Like 4

The only thing negative people like that should motivate you to do is punches. I love that you're keeping your motivations yours and positive.

And I love how you're approaching that one less than ideal meal. Yes, that happened. But it's not going to ruin you, and you just need to shake it off and press forward and as long as the overall picture is one of good choices, you're doing fine. As Steve says, never two in a row.

Love your attitude! Keep going; you are a kickass and strong person!! :love_heart:

• Like 2

Pretty good day yesterday!

Strength 2/4...3 days left to strength train 2 more times.  

Stretching 3/4...been feeling so much better with the increased stretching.  Even kiddo joined in last night do her own stretches.

Up bright and early this morning and managed to ride a few miles before my first cup of joe.  So that makes 4/5 for the week.  Not bad at all!

With the distance goal I am now at 111.62 of 450 and I still have 3 days left.  I was not able to ride this morning and I do not rack up as many miles on the weekend but I am working on increasing that or will be more so after next weekend hm.

24.8%
24.8%

Ate okay at dinner (left overs) meaning it was reasonable portions and I did not over eat.  Slept well despite waking up at midnight and woke up with more energy.  I could have exercised more but I was enjoying my calm morning so put off exercise some and did not do as much as I could have completed.  Still I was up and moving so that is a bonus!

Last night while unlocking my bike at work I lost one of my keys.  Uh oh!  I could not find it and I am hesitant to lock my bike knowing someone could find that key.  Going to take a big magnet to see if I can find it otherwise I am getting another lock before I ride.  Drats that means loosing mileage today and enjoying the awesome weather as I cruise home.  However I may go for a ride this evening or get a few miles in on the stationary bike.  Running at lunch and strength training so that should be fun.  I do look forward to my bike rides into work and even more so home since I am able to ride a path and really enjoy the ride.

• Like 1

No luck on finding the key yesterday.  I have another lock so Monday I will be back on my beloved bike.  It is awesome and even blue...I like to think of it as TARDIS blue.  LOL  

I did get a short run in yesterday at lunch.  On the dreadmill and it was just that dreadful!  I thought I was making peace with that machine but then realized no.  Luckily we belong to a rec center and in the worst of winter if I can not get outside we can go a couple times a week.  Granted their track is .1 miles (or something like that) so I will be running circles.  Better than nothing at all.  I still plan on being out unless it is icy.  Forgot to stretch last night.

So both strength and stretching for the week are at 3/4.  Looking good!

I was up 4/5 days which makes me happy.

Not as many miles conquered yesterday but anything adds to my total.  116.87 of 450.  Next week may not have too many miles added (60 perhaps) since the hm is a week from today (eeck!) but after that I am going all out baby and crushing those miles!!!

26%
26%
  • Like 1

.1 miles?? Surely it's at least a quarter??

No it is a tiny track.  10 laps = 1 mile.  LOL  Better than nothing.  ;)

Okay I got in another strength and stretching session in so that is 4/4 for each.  Definitely more flexible.

Total miles is now 124.87 of 450.

27.7%
27.7%

So I did not get the miles in I wanted yesterday.  So many things going on along with my husbands birthday today.  Loads of cooking everything homemade and dishes...oh my the dishes!  Anyway I think I am getting better at managing my time.  I managed an awesome 4 mile run.  Fastest yet and that was with walking up some hills.  Anyway I got that in, made my husband an awesome breakfast, cleaned some, made an awesome dinner, and still got in my final strength and stretching in.  It seems to get it all done I have to be extra organized.  That in itself is work but well worth it if it means achieving all my goals and having fun doing it!

Been going back through some of the NF Academy stuff and found a couple articles that I needed to read again.  Definitely working on making sure I get it all done by removing barriers and working on managing my time better so I can get it done.

Next week I am aiming for 5/5 for getting up early.  I am making it a point to set my alarm as soon as I get home and go to my room.  I put it off one day last week thinking I would do it when I went to bed and then I forgot.  Not gonna happen this coming week.

Looking forward to next week.  

• Like 1

No it is a tiny track.  10 laps = 1 mile.  LOL  Better than nothing.   ;)

:o At that rate, I almost prefer the treadmill! But running and going somewhere, even if just in circles, is still better than running in place. ;)

• Like 2

So we have this "bug" going around work and now I a fighting it off.  Uh oh!  LOL  I work at a community college and am exposed to many things.  Then folks I work with pick them up and suffice to say we all like to share.  Throw in a little stress and it has been a rough start to the week.  I forgot to stretch last night but got in some strength training.  Today I will do more strength and will stretch.  I may run tonight a couple miles or save it for tomorrow.  Depends on how I am doing.  The hm I have been working towards is this Saturday.  So I have laid off the stairs to give my legs a break.  All day I have used the elevator.  It feels so strange to get on one when I would normally use the stairs.  It almost feels like I am doing something wrong.  ;)  I will update mileage later.  I think I have only added 7 miles this week.  Starting next week I will definitely be hitting the bike more to make up for lost time.  Oh I have gotten up early 2 for 2 this week so that is good.  

We have so much going on at home and I tend to be a worrier (what me worry?  LOL) in addition to just carrying all the stress around.  Still I find exercise helps clear my mind even if for a short time and no matter what I am able to get it done as long as I keep it a priority.  Believe me it is a priority.  I need it since stress helps trigger RA flares for me and where my nutrition has not been as good as it could be which helps manage RA I know using exercise to help relieve some stress will help balance that until we can get things turned around.  It feels selfish but I have to take care of myself if I am going to be able to take care of my family.  Hey you have to work with what you have (in so many ways) and I am getting pretty good at it. 

On a fun note:  We finished the Slugterra series and I think we are going to work on watching the rest of Doc Martin.  Oh my gosh that is an awesome show!!  Despite how it sounds I only watch one show a night and I keep it at one episode.  This way I can accomplish all that I need and want to do in the evenings.

The only thing negative people like that should motivate you to do is punches. I love that you're keeping your motivations yours and positive.

And I love how you're approaching that one less than ideal meal. Yes, that happened. But it's not going to ruin you, and you just need to shake it off and press forward and as long as the overall picture is one of good choices, you're doing fine. As Steve says, never two in a row.

Love your attitude! Keep going; you are a kickass and strong person!! :love_heart:

Seconded!

• Like 1