Mad Hatter takes a chill pill

Mad Hatter

Well ok I'm not really taking a chill pill, I actually have loads of fun things planned!! I have class 3x/week (handstands, contortion and circus), open training on the lyra and I'm going to keep up with my bouldering. Since I can't predict how hard the classes will be each week I don't really feel it'd be a good idea to set any particular fitness goals. Instead I want to make sure my recovery is good, which means eating, drinking and chilling. I do have lots of fun skills to work on, so I'll keep posting about them in my challenge thread, but I won't grade any of it. There might be video though. ;)

Goal #1 - Cooking

Last challenge I had a cooking goal where I wanted to try 5 new recipes/week, which failed spectacularly. I want to try this again, but on a slightly smaller scale. Also cakes don't count this time. :tongue: Rather I want to make sure that I eat properly even when I get back late from training or work. To do that each week I will find one recipe that's suitable for batch cooking and one pre/post workout snack recipe. 

+2 WIS for batch cooking recipes (6 in total)

+2 WIS for snack recipes (6 in total)

Goal #2 - Recovery

I not only need to eat, but I also need to make sure I get enough protein in me. I'm kind of hoping that by tracking my protein intake I will also keep my calories in check as I could really do with losing some of my excess weight... The second part of this goal is to drink enough water. Lately I've been getting random muscle cramps and the first thing to try is to make sure I stay hydrated. And not through tea, to which I confess I have a terrible addiction. :) I have no intention of stopping my excess tea drinking though, but I can at least make sure to drink 1 big glass water for every cup of tea.  And coffee, but I drink max one espresso per day so that's less of a concern.

+2 CON 100g protein/day

+2 CON 1 glass of water/cup of tea (or coffee)

Goal #3 - R & R

This is a bit of a weird one, and it has more to do with habits that I find annoying. Like compulsive phone checking say checking my blog roll even if I have no intention of reading the articles at that time or playing on my laptop while watching a movie. It's just a waste of time and makes me feel all over the place. Similarly if I'm tired after work I should rest properly instead of distracting myself online, or by going on a sugar and/or caffeine high. For example watching a show is not really resting, but listening to music or taking a nap is. I also find just switching off doing nothing is a great way to relax, having some me-time and get the brain juices flowing. I'm not sure how to grade this as it's more of a general mindfulness goal but I'll give the following sub goals a subjective grade each day or something.

+2 CON Rest properly 

+2 WIS No mindless browsing on the phone

Goal #4 - Video

Well I did say there might be video. :) I want to record some of the handbalancing exercises we do in class, partly as a progress video and partly to share some ideas with the fellow handbalancers around here.

+3 CHA

Yep, this is a quiet challenge, no shiny things, no fun theme, just trying to make sure I stay on track and keep up with life. :)

• Like 15

Sub'd for snack recipes and fun videos!

Hooray!

I tracked my protein last challenge and I think it did me a world of good. I Iike that you're tracking water, too though. Your dedication to relaxation is admirable. I don't know if I could actually curtail my multi-tasking. Good luck with everything; I look forward to hearing about your hand balances!

It's not going to be easy as I do tend to get antsy if I don't multi task, but in the end I always enjoy myself more if I don't. Brains are silly sometimes. :)

Ahh, your R&R goal is something I keep wanting to incorporate into my challenge (especially the mindless timewasting part) but never figured out a way. I'll be watching and learning from you here :)

I think your goals this time are in the perfect sweet spot to get you to improve in weak areas without stressing yourself by stretching for 150 minutes per hour or whatever. For the recipes are you going for interesting/tasty or for practical? How will you be getting extra protein? More baconz? More nuts? Protein powder?

Following as always because your threads are always awesome. And for videos and hand balancing and everything else :)

Level 25 Cyborg Assassin

[ STR 36.75 | DEX 26.00 | STA 28.00 | CON 31.25 | WIS 29.25 | CHA 24.50 ]

current 5-week challenge: March 2020

external websites with my resources for...

fitness & breathwork | mental math & mind sports | motivation & productivity

Yes yes yes! 

Batch-cooking is secretly the best thing ever. Also snacks. Which just happens to be exactly what I need for my work lunches things.

I've been borrowing some healthy snack ideas from buzzfeed for my lunch box.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/homemade-brown-bag-lunch-snacks#47o5utq

And am also going to try some of those:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/one-pot-pastas#4gke2dt

once we have a kitchen or at least a microwave at work. What I found really rewarding in batch-cooking is the simple salad stuff. Rice, quinoa, noodle salads. But then that's a bit of a summer food, I guess, and it's getting all cold and murky now. You should include some pumpkin goodness :)

(I may just be slightly addicted to buzzfeed sometimes)

• Like 3

Just trying to get back on my feet. :)

ApfelStrudi is out of control

Hatter cooking!! Yay!! This looks like a really well balanced challenge.

Sub'd

I hope so!

I love food and your videos. Subbed :)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Mmmm food.... 

Ahh, your R&R goal is something I keep wanting to incorporate into my challenge (especially the mindless timewasting part) but never figured out a way. I'll be watching and learning from you here :)

I think your goals this time are in the perfect sweet spot to get you to improve in weak areas without stressing yourself by stretching for 150 minutes per hour or whatever. For the recipes are you going for interesting/tasty or for practical? How will you be getting extra protein? More baconz? More nuts? Protein powder?

Following as always because your threads are always awesome. And for videos and hand balancing and everything else :)

I might still have to tweak the R&R goal, but I don't mind being a test dummy. :P

I'm going for interesting/tasty AND practical haha. I'm thinking meals that I can portion and freeze, that way I'll always have something good to eat even on lazy days. I don't think I should have to add extra protein to my diet. 100 g/day is a pretty low target and I should be able to hit it as long as I eat "properly". But we'll see. I might supplement with bacon, because you know, bacon. ;)

Yet another follower here for the good food! ;)

My kind of peeps!

Yes yes yes! 

Batch-cooking is secretly the best thing ever. Also snacks. Which just happens to be exactly what I need for my work lunches things.

I've been borrowing some healthy snack ideas from buzzfeed for my lunch box.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker/homemade-brown-bag-lunch-snacks#47o5utq

And am also going to try some of those:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/emofly/one-pot-pastas#4gke2dt

once we have a kitchen or at least a microwave at work. What I found really rewarding in batch-cooking is the simple salad stuff. Rice, quinoa, noodle salads. But then that's a bit of a summer food, I guess, and it's getting all cold and murky now. You should include some pumpkin goodness :)

(I may just be slightly addicted to buzzfeed sometimes)

Thanks for the links! Though I have to say that those snacks are all things that I would eat way too much. :P One of the few things with the cold coming is that I get to eat soups and things like that again. Like pumpkin soup, that goes on the list right now!

I love the supplemental water goal, it's a good one! And I am always thinking more and different protein, looking forward to seeing how you are getting yours.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Subbing for all the awesomeness that I have come to expect from Hatter's thread. ^_^

mmmmm.... I had an awesome pumpkin bisque at lunch yesterday. Very autumnal. :)

Hmm...I haven't tried this but I will definitely have to try this. 

Major Respawn in Progress

Current

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 4.1 5 6

"Each of you is perfect the way you are ... and you can use a little improvement." - Shunryu Suzuki 

I love the supplemental water goal, it's a good one! And I am always thinking more and different protein, looking forward to seeing how you are getting yours.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

subbing for the cooking, videos, and general Hatter awesomeness!

Welp...

giphy.gif

Subbing for all the awesomeness that I have come to expect from Hatter's thread. ^_^

Hmm...I haven't tried this but I will definitely have to try this. 

Squeee!

Sweet!

Eughhh I'm so sore today. And yet I really want to play and do something! But today a rest day really is in order, this week I've had contortion on Tuesday, lyra on Wednesday, handstand Thursday, climbing Friday, circus Saturday hahaha. Good week. :D

On Friday I managed to flash a red problem for the first time, though honestly it's a new route and I think they graded it too high. I really do think that but B thinks I'm being too harsh on myself. I just really don't feel like I've improved much since I started climbing again. I've gotten a bit more accustomed to using the different techniques again, but I don't think I've really improved. But it doesn't actually annoy me that much since climbing has second priority at the moment. Which means I'll probably get spend my time getting frustrated with handstands instead haha. :P 

On Saturday I was a bit disappointed by the new teachers in circus class. The main reason why I like that class is because the teachers have been really great educators, even in disciplines that are not their focus. But now they hired two high school kids! Sure the girl has done circus all her life, but that's not the same thing as being a good teacher. And the other kid might have talent but he's kind of useless, he has little experience and no teaching skills. Lame. I tried doing some acro with him but he all he did was showed us what it's supposed to look like and couldn't give us more pointers than that. For some things that'd be ok, but with tumbling I need lots of pointers and things to focus on, otherwise I just do the same thing over and over again, badly. So I stopped and worked on some handstand drills.

Luckily the main guy is still there! Yesterday he was busy with the noobs, but he noticed I was working on handstands and was going to give me more drills. I also asked him for a walkover progression as that slots nicely into what I want to do, so we'll see how that goes!

• Like 4

I didn't get to sub last time and this challenge looks great! Can't wait to see what ya "cook" up during this 6-weeks :)

Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Huh that sucks to have meh teachers. Especially after getting used to good ones! There are still good ones around tho? 

I think you might have just described why I really like climbing; really don't care how well I do, haha xD I'll cross my fingers for good handstands and teachers for you!

Just reading your challenge made me feel more relaxed really. I think it's a great setup! 

Main Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and a great coach

Current challenge: KB Girl prepares for the new year

my instagram - my gym's instagram

Thanks, great to have you here! :D

So you know when I said I really needed a rest day? Weeeeell, I went climbing instead. I couldn't help myself! I was surprised how much I could do though. I managed to flash a second red, nailed a problem that I couldn't even figure out the start last time and got much further on another problem that I've been struggling with. Had my forearms not been absolutely fried I'm sure I would have got it. So yeah, I'm very surprised it went that well, though I admit I had to take really long rests between attempts and my forearms were not very happy. Oh well, it was totally worth it. Rest day tomorrow. Really. :)

Funny thing happened after climbing. I was messing around with presses to headstand as I haven't practiced in a long time and I overheard a toddler laughing and making happy toddler sounds. His mum then went oh look at the lady doing headstands do you want to try and then the kid did his first headstand! She was speaking Polish so she had no idea I could understand her and I didn't say anything, it was more fun listening in. ;) But she only said good things. And maybe I just planted a seed in the offspring's head and he'll grow up to do all the silly things!

• Like 12

Huh that sucks to have meh teachers. Especially after getting used to good ones! There are still good ones around tho? 

I think you might have just described why I really like climbing; really don't care how well I do, haha xD I'll cross my fingers for good handstands and teachers for you!

Just reading your challenge made me feel more relaxed really. I think it's a great setup! 

Yep one really good teacher is still there, and in my other classes the teachers are equally awesome! :)

Thanks, I hope you're relaxed enough now to come back to us? ;) We miss you!

• Like 1

Funny thing happened after climbing. I was messing around with presses to headstand as I haven't practiced in a long time and I overheard a toddler laughing and making happy toddler sounds. His mum then went oh look at the lady doing headstands do you want to try and then the kid did his first headstand! She was speaking Polish so she had no idea I could understand her and I didn't say anything, it was more fun listening in. ;) But she only said good things. And maybe I just planted a seed in the offspring's head and he'll grow up to do all the silly things!

How cute!!! How did your headstands go? ;)

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines