Mad Hatter takes a chill pill

Mad Hatter

Thanks, great to have you here! :D

So you know when I said I really needed a rest day? Weeeeell, I went climbing instead. I couldn't help myself! I was surprised how much I could do though. I managed to flash a second red, nailed a problem that I couldn't even figure out the start last time and got much further on another problem that I've been struggling with. Had my forearms not been absolutely fried I'm sure I would have got it. So yeah, I'm very surprised it went that well, though I admit I had to take really long rests between attempts and my forearms were not very happy. Oh well, it was totally worth it. Rest day tomorrow. Really. :)

Funny thing happened after climbing. I was messing around with presses to headstand as I haven't practiced in a long time and I overheard a toddler laughing and making happy toddler sounds. His mum then went oh look at the lady doing headstands do you want to try and then the kid did his first headstand! She was speaking Polish so she had no idea I could understand her and I didn't say anything, it was more fun listening in. ;) But she only said good things. And maybe I just planted a seed in the offspring's head and he'll grow up to do all the silly things!

Great story. Too many times I worry about what people are thinking. Instead I need to think, maybe I just showed someone its ok to do silly stuff and move your body.

• Like 1

Wisdom- 13 Dexterity- 10 Charisma- 11 Strength- 12 Constitution-10 

Elastigirl Just Living Life - January 3 to February 6 New Year Challenge! - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"The chief goal of living is not to merely stay alive" Mike Rowe

thumbs-up-waynes-world-excellent-90s-yes

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Oh hey there. Looking forward to hearing more about the hand balancing classes and perhaps seeing some videos. I've been thinking of doing a video of my current press handstand/L-sit/straddle hold stuff and then doing a comparison video at the end of the challenge to scout for improvements. Videos are so nice to have, but always make me feel awkward to film! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Haha I feel like I've accidentally hyped up the expectations here. :P

Recipes Batch (0/6) Snacks (0/6) 

Protein xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

Water   xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx 

Rest     xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

Phone  xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

Grading scale red = fail, blue = win, yellow = ok, but quality not necessarily the best (for the protein and rest goals).

Yesterday was a rest day so I stayed at work for a bit longer. Was super tired afterwards, so I didn't cook anything but got some chicken at the store.  :unsure: So technically I got my protein goal but generally my food wasn't awesome and I like awesome food. Hence the yellow category in my grading. But instead of watching a movie or do some other brain dead activity I chilled and listened to music. It was nice, though it was difficult to bring the post work antsiness levels down. Then I made myself do a few things from my to-do list. I've been struggling with my to-do list for a while, so I think I'll make it an unofficial side quest to have no more than one to-do left before the weekend. 

Loooooveee your challenge, Hatter. You're going to rock this. I can't wait to follow along. 

Yay you're back! Again. ;)

• Like 3

Not much to report today. Annoying day at work, I discovered that my implementation of a function wouldn't work and I had to rewrite a whole bunch of code. And it still doesn't work and we're on a super tight deadline, so I feel a bit wired. Then I went to contortion and now I'm just extremely tired. 9 pm is bed time right?  :unsure: In class I was told, once again, that we really need to work on my back strength, because once my strength catches up with my mobility I'll be able to do all the pretty things. Or so she says, at the moment it just feels like an impossibly distant feat and it's getting kind of frustrating. Extra practice is in order, at least one per week!

Recipes Batch (0/6) Snacks (0/6) 

Protein xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

Water   xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx 

Rest     xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

Phone  xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx | xxxxxxx

• Like 4

I actually looked up circus school, and I haven't had a lot of luck yet. BUT there is a pole class nearby, so what the hell, I'm going to give it a try as soon as is feasible.

I can't wait to see some progress video and photos. I'm not much of a video person myself (since I do it for a living), but it's nice to watch other peoples :)

You aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on the one you have.
Challenges: 1 • 2 • 3 • 4 • 5 • 6 • 7 • 8 • 9 • 10  • 11 â€¢ 12 • 13 • Current

Aspiring Success Story: start 242     current 179.8     goal 142  |  Total Lost: 62.2 lbs  Follow me on Facebook

Half-Nymph Assassin Warrior • Level Up Club Alumni • Nerd Fitness Academy Member • Camp Nerd Fitness Attendee

It is the most awesome class ever. Most major cities will have a circus school these days, you can also look up pole and aerial studios and see if they have anything like that. Otherwise adult gymnastics classes would be a good start. :)

I will most definitely have to look into this some more. I know here in Austin I found one gymnastics gym with adult classes but now it sounds like I need to spread my search out a little further

|| Assassin ||

Challenges : current

first, secondthird

"Some people say it doesn't matter whether you win or lose, only if you have fun. Well...nothing is more fun than winning"

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines