Mission #1 - Power up, power down

pass - 6 days (A)

Mission #2 - Energize the elevator

pass - 7 days (A)

Mission #3 - Multi-threaded maintenance

pass -6 days (A)

Mission #4 - Autopilot anomaly

pass - 6 days (A)

for mission #2 I did 15 instead of 5 pushups per stair ascent and my shoulder didn't mind at all. I even tested out a few pseudo planche push-ups with no shoulder pain!

• Like 2

I had the interview yesterday!

It was a 3 person panel interview but it wasn't intimidating (they were really good at making me feel comfortable).

I feel like I answered the questions as good as I could have. I should know more in a week or two.

My challenge is going good. My knees aren't clicking as much as long as I don't quite go down all the way. We'll see if it is a fluke or if it is because of the extra squats I've been doing.

My lower body cybernetics have been developing much slower than the rest. I am walking normally and I have been able to tap into some of the slower strength systems. I was even able to carry an elevator full of tennants to the top floor. No leaping or running yet, my foot and leg systems aren't synchronizing well so it will take time.

• Like 1

sorry, no updates in a while, thanks for keeping tabs...

Job is a no go :(

*sigh* I don't like job hunting. The rejection gets too far under my skin and it really pulled me under for a few days. At least they got back to me right away.

I signed up for a test that is a requirement for another possible job. It would pay more and does not require previous experience but it would be graveyard and I don't know if I'd tolerate the work or not. I'll still give it a shot.

shoulder is good (no high tension/max effort stuff, but otherwise pretty good)

knees have surprised me :D as long as I don't go down all the way (stopping a bit below parallel) they only barely click if at all. I hadn't felt improvement until about 4 days ago. Then it's like a switch was flipped and my knees woke up.

Over the last week I have been able to go on a bunch of pretty long walks (easy pace) without my foot complaining the next day. That is a concrete step towards running again. :D

Concrete! haha

So sorry about the blues when it comes to putting yourself out there to potential bosses.

It's tough to feel confident and know that you're being judged by some arbitrary person who doesn't really know you. And we so need the work. It's a horrible combination.

There's a difference between a stranger judging us for a job than having someone we care about in some way judging us.

Don't think that it's easy and that you should be able to handle it. It's an exercise we don't have to continually work at over the years. So consider this a special exercise time and dive in whole-heartedly. We fail at exercises for all sorts of reasons, but it's never because we're not worthy! You are an extraordinary person. If it doesn't happen to become clear to them in an interview, your awesomeness is still there with you.

I hope things go smoother for you. Good luck, Phy.

I hope you find something that feeds your spirit.

I thought you didn't run on concrete, so why are you making concrete steps!

But good to see some progress in the exercise stuff even if the job side of life sucks.

@Terinatum : Thanks for the encouragement. I logically know that the job rejection is not a big deal, it's not me failing as a person, but it takes a day or three for my emotions to calm down enough for me to hear my logical side.

@bgvanbur : :P

I live in a concrete jungle and I am opposed to driving somewhere just to go on a walk/run when it is within walking/running distance. Pure silliness in my book barring a few exceptions.

I have dropped my push-ups back down to 5 every time I go up stairs because it started to feel forced. I still often do more than that, but I want to keep it in the easy habit zone, so 5 minimum.

I have been trying to recode my cerebral cybernetics, the part making me work for the suits a few hours each day. So far I have been able to stop the blackouts but I'm still unable to control my body during that time. I need to be more careful though, while fiddling with the code I did something and now everytime I turn on the TV I fall off the couch!

• Like 1

Damn Couches!!

Glad, you're up and about though, emotionally speaking.

Do you have another BW exercise you can do that won't feel forced? So that you can do 5 push ups and 5 of something else. A thought.

Do you have another BW exercise you can do that won't feel forced? So that you can do 5 push ups and 5 of something else. A thought.

way ahead of ya, I already do squats with my push-ups. I'd love to add pull-ups too but bar access is more limited. Next challenge will have weekly pull-ups in the mix though.

Cheeze and crackers! Is week 5 really already almost over already. @_@

No update right now, I just wanted to say that I finished writing the Week 6 mini just now...

• Like 1

***CHALLENGE REPORT***

I set reasonable goals with conservative grading this challenge and I did pretty well. I started off strong but backed off the last two weeks where I didn't end up tracking anything and as usual, my story telling fell off the radar. Overall I'd say I got an A-.

Mission #1 - Power up, power down

(quick stretching or movement before and after sleep)

I did the worst on this one. It never really felt like a habit, and usually ended up being a very quick (possibly worthless) stretch, however, I did enough of it to get a B.

Mission #2 - Energize the elevator

(push-ups and squats when I go up stairs)

Okay, this one I am really excited about. For the most part I kept it up until the end, and it felt like a solid habit. The best part is that it did what I was hoping. It rehabed my shoulder from 50% to about 80%. Way more improvement than I had seen in the last 3 months. A!

Mission #3 - Multi-threaded maintenance

(no couch sitting while watching TV)

This also felt like a solid habit and I intend to keep it up. A.

Mission #4 - Autopilot anomaly

(be productive when I walk in the house)

This turned so muh into a habit that it felt like cheating. I realized that I had been doing this during week 6 even though I forgot to do it :P

A

Time to finish writing my next challenge. . .

• Like 1