Toronto - you know, in Canada.

Would anyone be interested in doing this some Saturday? I won't be in the city for a couple of weeks, but if there's general interest we could set something up in September.

http://www.the-ocourse.com/ ... it's like a Spartan, Warrior Dash, Mudder, etc. etc. but available every Saturday.

Oooh that looks awesome!

I'm totally down if other people are! Perhaps interested parties should DM their emails to someone who can put together a mailing list to organize this. I'm happy to take charge!

Cheers,

Grey.

Related: as some people in these forums know, I'm a bit of an EDM nut, so I'll be catching both Digital Dreams and Veld this summer in Toronto. Reply here or msg me if you're interested in meeting up!

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Wow, I'm surprised at how few of folks actually live in Toronto around here! I was born and raised in and around the city and currently live right downtown by Trinity Bellwoods park :)

As the weather turns a bit nicer, we could meet in the park for a frisbee/picnic day! Would anyone be interested in something nice and simple like that? Perhaps mid-May?

Cheers!

Human Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 3

DEX: 3

STA: 2

CON: 2

WIS: 3

CHA: 2

"What upsets people is not things themselves but their judgements about the things" - Epictetus

I am up in Newmarket, lived in the City last year and love every opportunity to go back.

Excellent!

Hopefully we'll get a few more responses about a meet up. Otherwise, I'll just start a new thread with a plan of action and see who can make it :)

Cheers!

Human Adventurer

Level 1

STR: 3

DEX: 3

STA: 2

CON: 2

WIS: 3

CHA: 2

"What upsets people is not things themselves but their judgements about the things" - Epictetus

I'm probably moving in the fall, but for the time being I'm in Burlington (*waves to the Hamilton people*), so not too far away.

Originally from Scarborough though, so I'm still out that way quite a bit on weekends.

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Right-o.  I'm fairly downtown (St. Clair and Bathurst) myself and always enjoying lounging and frisbee-ing.  Lemme know, Nerdartist, if you do get a hang out going on.  I tend to be away quite a bit but  will be in the city for the 2nd half of May.

On the "first half of May" front:  I'm in the 8:40am heat of the May 11th Tough Mudder.  ... signed up for the 10:00, but hey, such is life.  Anyone else rockin' the early party?  Oooooor while events are being bandied about:  Anyone doing the Friday June 21st GoRuck Challenge?  I'll be there.

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~

Hey, I'm looking at moving to Toronto for the next couple years while I'm at grad school (otherwise it's a 2 hour commute each way, if all the public transit involved goes according to plan...). I'll be at U of T, and I'd ideally like a bachelor/1 bedroom apartment. I've been told that the St Clair & Bathurst area is a good place to look, any other suggestions? I'd like to either be within walking distance of the downtown (St George St) campus, or close to a subway line.

Hey, I'm looking at moving to Toronto for the next couple years while I'm at grad school (otherwise it's a 2 hour commute each way, if all the public transit involved goes according to plan...). I'll be at U of T, and I'd ideally like a bachelor/1 bedroom apartment. I've been told that the St Clair & Bathurst area is a good place to look, any other suggestions? I'd like to either be within walking distance of the downtown (St George St) campus, or close to a subway line.

I used to live at Lansdowne and Bloor and liked it quite a bit. It's a bit of a hike to downtown (not too bad, I made it from there to Little Italy in 30 minutes or less, and wasn't walking particularly fast), and not super close to the U of T campus (but not super far either), but right on the Bloor subway line, and the College street car line. It's a tad sketch at 2 in the morning, but I never felt unsafe, and the rents in the area aren't too ridiculous.

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

That's my neighbourhood.  It's got a lot going for it - ease of transit access, somewhat better rents than below Bloor included.  When are you looking for?  I may know a nice one bedroom apartment opening up for July.

illcDimension hopping Ranger-Cartographer, level 2STR: 6 DEX: 2 STA: 5 CON: 6 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Training Log

Of Goats and Rucks Challenge (June -July 2013)

~Take care. Be bold.~

I used to live at Lansdowne and Bloor and liked it quite a bit. It's a bit of a hike to downtown (not too bad, I made it from there to Little Italy in 30 minutes or less, and wasn't walking particularly fast), and not super close to the U of T campus (but not super far either), but right on the Bloor subway line, and the College street car line. It's a tad sketch at 2 in the morning, but I never felt unsafe, and the rents in the area aren't too ridiculous.

That's my neighbourhood.  It's got a lot going for it - ease of transit access, somewhat better rents than below Bloor included.  When are you looking for?  I may know a nice one bedroom apartment opening up for July.

I'll add Lansdowne/Bloor to my list! I'm looking for somewhere to be living in by September, but a later start date on the lease is better for me since I'll be working in Hamilton all summer and I don't really want to pay for time I'm not there. If that apartment is opening up could you message me the info though? TIA :)

I'll add Lansdowne/Bloor to my list! I'm looking for somewhere to be living in by September, but a later start date on the lease is better for me since I'll be working in Hamilton all summer and I don't really want to pay for time I'm not there. If that apartment is opening up could you message me the info though? TIA :)

Remind me at practice and I'll give you contact info for the major Realtor for the area just south of St. George campus. September start dates, year round lease, and reasonable accomodation for students (AKA not terribly expensive but also no defects like infestations or faulty appliances). Only catch is that they usually sell multi-unit housing, like 3+ people.

Why must I put a name on the foods I choose to eat and how I choose to eat them? Rather than tell people that I eat according to someone else's arbitrary rules, I'd rather just tell them, I eat healthy. And no, my diet does not have a name.My daily battle log!

Remind me at practice and I'll give you contact info for the major Realtor for the area just south of St. George campus. September start dates, year round lease, and reasonable accomodation for students (AKA not terribly expensive but also no defects like infestations or faulty appliances). Only catch is that they usually sell multi-unit housing, like 3+ people.

sounds good!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say Hi from Oshawa...not exactly Toronto or GTA. :)

The duurrty shwa

I'm pretty sure Oshawa counts as being in the GTA – I always figured it ended around Clarington. I'd be inclined to join in on ridiculing the 'shwa, having lived here my whole life, but I'm moving to Scarborough for University in the fall, so I guess I'm not really in a position to throw stones. It's probably just as well I joined the Assassins, because I may be doing some running, if need be.