NightWatcher13: Quit aiming, just fire!

NightWatcher13

Those of you who saw my last thread know I got derailed midway through. And that's just not cool! Got to the halfway point of the challenge and felt about like this

78517-Highlander-laughing-gif-2jVg.gif

^^^ do-over!! ^^^

So, since I don't like where the story would be left off, I'm continuing with same theme etc. this challenge, mostly because I don't feel like I completed most of my quests last time around.

Main Quest: orgamiz... organa... get stuff in order

'Cause, you know, I'm a hectic mess 90% of the time - the other 10% is when I'm awesome, so time to spread the rule of organization through my life like Alex the Great!!

SQ 1: Exercise: make an exercise schedule, and here's the tricky part - USE. IT! As such, the schedule will be posted on here and updated regularly - which will be extra reason for me to get online and post, so I don't disappear halfway through the challenge. +2STR +3DEX +2STA

SQ2: Bedroom - this one was back and forth last challenge, so once again - bed made (DAILY), floor picked and kept up, and get the shelves organized (which was neglected in my last challenge completely) +1 Highlander tee-shirt

SQ3: Meditation - Ok, need to keep this going daily - last challenge I got up to 4 minutes, so I'll start there and try to extend up to 10 min over the next 6 weeks. +3CON

Life Quest: reading <-- this one actually went according to plan, so time for a new one.

Joy of the Student - I need to work my brain!!! Being out of school is great, but some days I feel like I'm drooling on my shoes compared to where my brain should be. So I'm going to step this one up from reading for fun to adding in "classwork" - specifically, Japanese (which I didn't touch last challenge), biology, herbology and nutrition. This means selecting text books, and studying EACH for a minimum of 1 hour/week, will set them all in the schedule - Japanese I know will get 2 time slots per week. It's not a full class load by any stretch of the imagination, but it's a start. +2WIS +3CHA

Also, the start of this challenge coincides exactly with the start of my Whole 30, so that'll be going on... hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew, since my 3 SQ's are basically what I had last challenge but leveled up slightly. My body needs the reset, and I need some energy without downing caffeine. 

I will keep up the story with NightWatcher and Nedra btw, and I'll try to make sure I actually put a green-texted post up at least twice a week. 

Zelda_Skyward_Sword_Link_Sword_Animation

Let's do this!

• Like 6

Current Challenge: Installing, Please Wait

Last Challenge :NW13 - System Failure, Please Reboot

Previous Challenges: 22 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Yay! I really love your goals.... you've GOT this, lady!:D

• Like 1

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Good stuff! I'm looking foward to seeing your progress!

If you need help making a workout schedule, lemme know, I'm really good at that and helping others do the same :)

Wolf

• Like 1

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

I'd love to learn Japanese... and all other languages. Can you post names of books that you'll be using for your studies?

... inquiring minds want to know.

This is my spoken language text, and this is my writing textbook (katakana and hiragana mostly) I also use Mango for practice, which I have a free membership to through my library card. Not necessarily as in-depth as something like Rosetta Stone, but better than nothing and all the better 'cause it's free.

Good stuff! I'm looking foward to seeing your progress!

If you need help making a workout schedule, lemme know, I'm really good at that and helping others do the same :)

Wolf

I may take you up on this

• Like 2

Alright sweetie, time to buckle down. Let's do this!

Let's rock this one!

gabriel-hells-yeah.gif

Phew. I made it here alive.

YAY!! He lives

Adding a slight change to the challenge - to give myself a set workout that won't get boring, I'm going to use my friend's p90x dvd's. Not ideal, but it's a hard program that'll push me, changes daily, and I *think* I have a workout partner for it. I have them for at least the next 2-3 months, since the friend I'm borrowing them from hurt her ankle, so I will probably have time to complete the 90 days if I stick to it. So we'll see how this goes.

Also, not sure if I said before, but I have gone down a size from an XL to an L, which is exciting me for further steps down the road of getting in shape. 

• Like 3

Good job on the weight loss :). I'm looking forward to your challenge!

Even better - size loss :) I think I only lost about 5 lbs total, so that means I should have muscle coming back. Hoping to shed pounds too this challenge though

I found you!!! *stalking*

:D

Yay... new challenge starts tomorrow @.@ Sooo not ready, but in other ways very ready to tackle it

571970d1399244780-journey-best-tumblr_m2

ok, loved too - but c'mon, I also wanna be the best me possible

Tomorrow will be interesting, first day of Whole 30, workout at 10am (I've been letting myself sleep in waaaay too late before now) so following Classic schedule that puts me on Chest & Back with AbRipper to follow. Will probably be doing a lot of mods, since I know already I'm gonna have DOMS really bad from yesterday, and I don't want to blow the rest of my week up, but still want to work myself hard. 

As for right now, time to zonk so I actually get up in the morning instead of sleeping till noon!

• Like 3

Alright, NightWatcher is out of the gate a little slow. Slept in waaaaay too much this morning, so setting 3 alarms for tomorrow at 9am (phone, GCal and iPod) to poke me out of bed in time to do a real workout before work. As it is, when I got up it could barely still be called morning.

So, I'm gonna do what I have control of - up, out to kitchen, make lunch for now and "lunch" (dinner) for work.

Lunch: 1 chicken breast(lemon juice, garlic and Italian , 1 head of broccoli flourets, cup and a half of quartered mushrooms and 1 roma tomato, and tea (instead of coffee, 'cause I don't do black coffee - sorry)

Dinner: 1 chicken breast (lemon and ginger), kale, 2 roma tomato, with some lime juice

Then shower, then work. Once I'm out of work I may try a shortened workout, not p90x but maybe pilates to work core (since today was a lot of upper body and core anyways) if there's enough energy left. I just don't want to work myself too hard, then not want to get up early tomorrow again and have a nasty cycle to try to break.

Edit - need to weigh in at work today for the 20lbs/10weeks PvP so I know where I'm actually starting at

• Like 1

I was, in college, a person that loved being up all night but never slept in on weekends. I would be up at 9am (for terms with classes starting at 9:30 or 10a) on Saturday, doing homework in the hallway. Now? I walk across my room, take my alarm to my bed, and if I am lucky set it for an hour later, sometimes not at all, and get up 2 hours later anyway. -.- Where has the magic gone? Oh, and then feel crappy and have far shorter days.

What are your favorite tricks?

Species: Elven Vampire

Class: Assassin

Magic Numbers pvp

Heroes vs Villains 

The day was cool and breezy - a nice shift from the heat that had plagued the training so far, but NightWatcher knew what it meant was coming soon, and wasn't looking forward to storming a castle in the snow. Connor was being relentless in his training methods, but she was just not absorbing a single lesson it felt like some days, and NightWatcher was getting frustrated, and wondering more and more if she'd ever hope to rid herself of Nedra before Nedra got rid of her. She flopped down on her stump and sighed, looking at the camp where she'd been training the last 2 days - they moved camp often to avoid detection, since they were still near the castle grounds - and wanted to give up. Connor went over to start the fire before night came, since they wouldn't want it after dark. "You need to stop thinking you can't do it, Watcher - you get so close, within a moment of the next technique, and you freak out trying to get it right." He blew sparks into a flame. "You need to find focus, or you can never hope to understand the Quickening. You want this victory badly?" 

NightWatcher looked up, slightly dejected, and nodded. "I need it - I can't live forever wondering when she's going to turn up next and rip away everything again. Why do you think I don't mind this?" She gestured to the campsite, where she had no possessions save her sword.

Connor understood better than she thought. "You are afraid that if you accomplish anything - any freedom, prestige, friends, anything - she can take it away again." He walked over to her and pushed on her shoulder, knocking her off the stump. "And you're afraid to fight back. As long as you let that be the case, she can - but what about when you fight back?" He drew his sword and motioned for NightWatcher to get up. He wasn't done with her yet today, and wasn't giving up on her - even when she wanted to.

Obviously, many thanks to those who've stuck with me through the last couple of challenges and told me not to give up, and any progress is progress. You guys rock more than I can say. 

Alright, actual check-in for today:

Workout - slept in, did get some in but not enough to count. Tomorrow will have a workout.

Room - all laundry away, needs some more straightening but it'll have to wait 'cause I have to go to bed. But a few steps closer to being clean, which is a step closer to staying clean. It needs to be actually clean by the end of the week so it can stay that way the rest of the challenge

Meditation - getting better at it, but it feels like it's getting harder right now?

Student - Did not get a lesson in, and too late to start a lesson. Will find a time slot to dedicate daily to the learning I want to do, but I do have the materials all picked out. Should fit nicely into 1 hour, m-f with different classes getting different days so I can just pick an hour that should remain static. For this week I'll add in Saturday so I'm not short a day.

Whole30 - I did NOT realize how much I would want a chocolate bar all day! That was frustrating at work. Did get hungry too, so I want to get a bag of apples and some almonds or walnuts to keep with me at work so I don't get tempted to snack on sugar. Made it through day 1 though! 

For tomorrow - p90x at 9:30am, then helping groom and set horses tomorrow from 11am till probably 1:30pm.

• Like 4

I was, in college, a person that loved being up all night but never slept in on weekends. I would be up at 9am (for terms with classes starting at 9:30 or 10a) on Saturday, doing homework in the hallway. Now? I walk across my room, take my alarm to my bed, and if I am lucky set it for an hour later, sometimes not at all, and get up 2 hours later anyway. -.- Where has the magic gone? Oh, and then feel crappy and have far shorter days.

What are your favorite tricks?

Umm... bug the heck out of myself so I finally just get annoyed and get up whether I like it or not? That's about the only way I've figured out, since I lack any motivation until I become vertical. 

Nice first day! Horses in the morning? AWESOME.

i-m-so-excited-o.gif

Nice first day indeed :). I admire your persistence in keeping yourself committed to the Whole 30, you're doing great!

I hope you'll be able to get up earlier without getting too tired ;).

Thanks! I'm hoping my energy levels get up a bit better so I don't feel like I'm always dragging myself around. 

• Like 1

Food log for today:

Breakfast - 3 boiled eggs, 2 plum tomatoes and an apple

Lunch - 3 boiled eggs ('cause I was lazy and on the run)

Dinner - 1 diced chicken breast stirfryed with celery (like the 5 stalks left in the heart), crap-ton of mushrooms and 2 carrots with lime and ginger. Yum  :redface:

And holy smokes, every time I walk by a place that has candy (chocolate in particular) I'm like I NEED IT!!!... blech. That's not an addiction or anything >.>

Also, I just ate half a dozen eggs... whaaaat?

Will have more update later

• Like 1

Hehehe. Good day 1!

:D

oh hey there

/NW waves 

Check-in for today (9/16) (food above)

Workout - Did get up in time (9:20), but waited too long for my workout partner to come join (which didn't happen today) so I wound up going to the horses without my workout first :( Warm-up yes, but no workout. Then proceeded to the horse grooming, which was fairly uneventful except for chasing 1 mini around the yard for probably 20 minutes. Yay cardio! Bike needs some adjustments, sounded like the back wheel was grinding on something on commute today, so I need to check into that tomorrow.

Also, left foot and various muscles up the legs hurt like hell right now. Not sure what from, don't think I did THAT much running to herd the horse.

Room - other than the mat that I left in the floor from this morning (I was ready to go!) room's no worse than yesterday, if not slightly better. *NW rolls up mat 

Meditation -  check

Student - Official schedule: once I get home from work (about 11:30pm)

m- Bio

t- Japanese

w- Nutrition

h- Japanese

f- Nat Med

Sa&Su off except for make-up days. So anyways, means today is a Japanese day :) 

Whole30 - Still doing ok, and food today was delicious, but definitely do need to get acceptable foods to keep at work - for both energy and cravings, not sure if I'm tired from lack of sleep or from food switchover

• Like 3

Whole30 - Still doing ok, and food today was delicious, but definitely do need to get acceptable foods to keep at work - for both energy and cravings, not sure if I'm tired from lack of sleep or from food switchover

You will be tired from food switchover ... the first week is kind of sucky but I promise you'll get used to it.

• Like 1

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines