NightWatcher13: Quit aiming, just fire!

NightWatcher13

She didn't have to wait long - a sudden commotion in the village drew the guards' attention away from the main gates, and as 3 huts went up in flames even more poured out of the castle doors to find the cause of the uproar - and to punish whomever they could find to blame for it. NightWatcher hoped with all her heart that the rebels would be able to get out in time, but she knew it was beyond her control now and bolted for the castle door. As she ran, noone noticed her - until she bowled right into a guard. She stepped back and started to draw her sword, but the guard placed a finger to his lips and lifted his visor - it was one of her own knights. He nodded to her and ran out of the gates to join the fray, and she guessed to try to make sure captured rebels had a shot at imprisonment before their executions. NightWatcher grinned, glad to have at least some form of ally inside the castle. She went a little more carefully now that she was inside though, glancing around corners before moving quickly down corridors. A loud noise hit her as she pas sed a window, and she dared a glance outside - one of the burning houses had collapsed on itself. She doubted anyone had been inside when the blaze was set, but she knew it would provide quite a bit of distraction the rest of the night.

NightWatcher finally found the hall she had been looking for, but a guard remained there facing her direction. She groaned inwardly, unsure if it was a mercenary or not and knowing he could sound an alarm before she could kill him. The door she wanted was behind him, and she was sure he didn't even know about it, but still she couldn't reach it. She leaned her head against the wall and tried to think of a plan.

Yay for biking everywhere :).

Much cheaper&more fun than the car! And it runs on calories :tongue:

Wow! You're doing fantastic! Keep it up - almost halfway now :D

Oh wow - the time's flown! And thanks :D I'm definitely feeling better about this challenge than last, even if it isn't going perfectly to plan ;)

Great job at sticking to w30 even when life happens!

Thanks! It's definitely been it's own challenge!

Hi there- just dropping in to tell you I'm still following you! Just in a silent assassin kind of way. Looks like you've got this down :) Great job so far!

Yay for ninja-stalkers! Thanks Ciara

check-in for today 

Workout - There was a call for rain that didn't come, so I didn't ride the bike. So I switched gears a little bit and brought out the sharp-shinies to play with after work for a bit - swords, sai and throwing knives. I felt super off, but my roommate was fairly amused at any rate and thought it looked good which made me feel a bit better about it. Made my shoulders hurt a bit though, and I can tell my left side especially is very, very, VERY rusty. Somehow right side didn't feel/sound too bad - nice and swooshy

morpheus-katana-blade-car-scene-o.gif

Meditation - check

Room - looks about like if normally does when I pack to head home - which means once I get stuff in the bag it'll go back to mostly organized.

Study - Guess I'd better get on that. Japanese today - check

Whole30 - 3 egg omelet with mushrooms and onion

beef stew, banana with almond butter

apple

yes, I know it's a bit short. I can't find anything I'm allowed to eat other than another apple that I'm not too lazy to cook right now :/

Edit - made myself a "baked" potato (microwave 4 min) with olive oil and garlic salt

• Like 3

Current Challenge: NW13 Dials It In

Past Challenges: 21 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Yup - one badass NightWatcher reporting for duty :) Well, semi-badass at any rate :tongue: but growing more badass 

Good to hear! One day you might reach the Tiger level of Badassery.

animals-being-jerks-gifs-tiger.gif

Workout - There was a call for rain that didn't come, so I didn't ride the bike. So I switched gears a little bit and brought out the sharp-shinies to play with after work for a bit - swords, sai and throwing knives.

Certainly sooner than later.

• Like 3

Workout - There was a call for rain that didn't come, so I didn't ride the bike. So I switched gears a little bit and brought out the sharp-shinies to play with after work for a bit - swords, sai and throwing knives. I felt super off, but my roommate was fairly amused at any rate and thought it looked good which made me feel a bit better about it. Made my shoulders hurt a bit though, and I can tell my left side especially is very, very, VERY rusty. Somehow right side didn't feel/sound too bad - nice and swooshy

morpheus-katana-blade-car-scene-o.gif

Nice!! Pointy shiny things make me happy. :D

• Like 1

*grumbles to self*

so this weekend went pretty spiffy overall (and hey - no messy bedroom! nice thing about visiting mom&dad) buuuut...

Dammit, I botched my Whole30 :( Put myself in a bad spot Saturday, visiting a fair with a friend of mine that I never get to see anymore and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. Good job, NW. Good way to bolster the self-control.

b7387faa0e7188a96950ec6a179832f8.jpg

So, there's the sad - here's my solution to the disappointment (or at least sorta solution). I'm going to finish out the Whole30 that I have on Oct14th still, not because I don't think I should complete the full 30 days after a fail, but because it would mean me trying to continue it through into full-blown holiday season - which I don't see myself at this point completing successfully, and there's one thing I don't want to do while I'm getting my paws back under me and that is set myself up for failure. So a second Whole will be happening sometime early next year, possibly for my lent since that is something I observe for personal reasons even though I'm not Catholic, and it would be a very smart time to do so I think since it's the time that others are doing similar things. So, spiritual discipline plus habit breaker/diet cleanse. Should be entertaining.

• Like 2

Good to hear! One day you might reach the Tiger level of Badassery.

animals-being-jerks-gifs-tiger.gif

Certainly sooner than later.

Tiger-level would be epic :D Just one twitch is enough to suck all the courage out of the guy - yes, I think that level of awesome and badassery appeals to me

Hopefully sooner, later takes too long :P

Nice!! Pointy shiny things make me happy. :D

They do tend to make one's day just a little brighter ;)

sometimes you are in situations where to stick to the whole 30 would just make you absolutely miserable and you'd jump off the deep end. Come the holiday seasons are at certain events indulging a little and making yourself happy is better than denial i reckon

• Like 1

*grumbles to self*

so this weekend went pretty spiffy overall (and hey - no messy bedroom! nice thing about visiting mom&dad) buuuut...

Dammit, I botched my Whole30 :( Put myself in a bad spot Saturday, visiting a fair with a friend of mine that I never get to see anymore and I hadn't eaten since breakfast. Good job, NW. Good way to bolster the self-control.

b7387faa0e7188a96950ec6a179832f8.jpg

So, there's the sad - here's my solution to the disappointment (or at least sorta solution). I'm going to finish out the Whole30 that I have on Oct14th still, not because I don't think I should complete the full 30 days after a fail, but because it would mean me trying to continue it through into full-blown holiday season - which I don't see myself at this point completing successfully, and there's one thing I don't want to do while I'm getting my paws back under me and that is set myself up for failure. So a second Whole will be happening sometime early next year, possibly for my lent since that is something I observe for personal reasons even though I'm not Catholic, and it would be a very smart time to do so I think since it's the time that others are doing similar things. So, spiritual discipline plus habit breaker/diet cleanse. Should be entertaining.

These things happen.   If you fall 7 times but get up 8, you're still a winner.  Just keep at it, and don't worry about feeling like this:

anigif_enhanced-565-1408400778-9.gif

• Like 1

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

*hugs* it's ok that you missed a day. We all do, but the thing that will get you to tiger level badassery is exactly what you're doing- getting up and trying again. Way to go :D

:D 

Like Ciara said, one missed day is not the end of the world, it's about what you do after that day. You keep on trying, and that's very admirable. Can you feel some impact of the Whole 30? Do you feel better because of it?

Also, I agree that tiger-level would be above awesome :).

I try to keep trying, at any rate ;) Actually yea, noticing a lot of differences - my acne got a lot better and my body (after the whole detoxing-wanting-to-melt-into-the-floor thing they warn you about with the "hangover" phase) feels a lot more energetic and willing to do my bidding. It's pretty spiffy. And also the main reason why I'm willing to give it another go next year. 

sometimes you are in situations where to stick to the whole 30 would just make you absolutely miserable and you'd jump off the deep end. Come the holiday seasons are at certain events indulging a little and making yourself happy is better than denial i reckon

Thanks, that was about what I thought :)

These things happen.   If you fall 7 times but get up 8, you're still a winner.  Just keep at it, and don't worry about feeling like this:

anigif_enhanced-565-1408400778-9.gif

Bwahaha that is so totally how I feel 99% of the time!

But you're definitely right, I need to dust off & keep going - even when I feel like I failed at something, which is when I'm most likely to sit, pout, and guzzle my weight in sugar & dairy rather than getting back on my paws

• Like 1

*sigh* so this week so far has kinda sucked, only got 1 study in, 1 workout and my room 'sploded before going home when I emptied the car out, and I haven't been home most of the week to get it sorted @.@ So time for this one to crack down (again) and get stuff done.

On the plus side, not doing too horrible with meditation and diet. So there's something, but not super pleased with the week so far :/

Great job with sticking to your diet! Also this week still has some days for workouts and studies, so go out and slay that dragons

CvDBanner.jpg

And because I always post far more pics and gifs rather than text, take this one (just for the Lulz)

consumer-goodwill.jpg

But seriously, when it starts to annoy you just say it :nevreness:

• Like 1

Then your week will end on a highlight. Cus, me.

Indeed, that was awesomely fun :D

Whole 30 is really tough! Sticking it during Lent sounds like a great idea.

It is! It's a will-power boost right there. I'ma need one of these when I'm done with not-botching it

Green_Lantern_Power_Ring.jpg

Great job with sticking to your diet! Also this week still has some days for workouts and studies, so go out and slay that dragons

CvDBanner.jpg

And because I always post far more pics and gifs rather than text, take this one (just for the Lulz)

consumer-goodwill.jpg

But seriously, when it starts to annoy you just say it :nevreness:

Oooh, now THAT be a war for the ages!

Speaking for myself here but I don't think gifs and pics can ever get annoying.

Gifs and pics? Annoying? I play this card on that notion :)

zrkKyTZBHtdh.jpg

Check-in:

Boy, it's been a crap week for me to do life and adulting and not-flopping for hours on end 'cause of ick. BUT, I'm gonna argue that today made up for the week. The whole. Bloody. Week.

WO - 4 hrs (!!!!!!! WHATTTTT?) of riding, including a rigorous lesson dispensed by my best friend who has probably forgotten more about horses than I've ever forgotten (and after 5 years not riding before what, 2 months ago? I forgot a LOT). Walked around a bit with a mini carrying an adorable kid who did most of her own steering, tacked, groomed, etc. There may be slight regret tomorrow.

Meditation -check

Room - laundry just went in, will come up in the morning. room looks less like Attila the Hun and company paid me a visit.

Study - got instructions today on how to give horse-lessons to a fresh beginner. Sweet!

Whole30 - eggs, chicken pad king no rice or noodles, mashed potatoes made with almond milk, garlic and chicken broth, salad, shrimp scampi, olive oil instead of butter. kinda want a snack now. I'll probably find something to munch before bed

*NW scampers off to find a food

On other notes of awesome, I got to meet @Wufkar today and hang out with her for a bit, which was a blast  :D Also made it to group, though very late, and there was still food I could eat and got to play my first game of MtG - Arch Enemy ever. It was fun :) Though I'm afraid I was a little sore and tired by the time that happened, since I had some "conversations" with the first horse I rode who wanted to go in a direction different from the one I wanted him to go. Didn't come off, but my inner thighs HURT right now, so tomorrow will be a fun day for walking.

• Like 2

Finally deciding that she didn't have forever to decide on a plan, NightWatcher sprang around the corner and charged for the guard. The man turned and started to shout a warning before she got to him, but before his sword was even up she was past his defenses and struck him on the side of the head. He fell unconscious, and as the helmet rolled away NightWatcher recognized the face of one of the mercenaries that had captured her and tormented her in her cell. She sighed, hoisted the soldier onto her shoulders and trudged toward the hidden door. Fortunately with the commotion going on outside he would probably be assumed to be missing due to some other mishap. She got inside, laid the man down and shoved the door shut. She was glad there hadn't been a real fight; the blood would have been very suspicious there and she didn't need this passage being discovered. NightWatcher looked around - she had used the hidden passage a lot as a child, but had almost forgotten it until she was imprisoned. 

The walls gleamed with assorted weapons and armor, which was just as well since NightWatcher had lost her armor when she'd been captured. She went to where a set from 3 rulers ago, looking at the set beside the high lord's - that of Lady Scarlet, who'd been first protector of the realm for 30 years. She donned the armor, which was nearly the same as her own except for color, and picked up her sword. She also grabbed a bow and a full quiver. Nedra may be an immortal as well as herself, but the arrows could kill her guards before they gave warning and could still slow Nedra down.

She found some rope on the wall and bound her prisoner, with a handkerchief tied around his mouth to muffle cries. NightWatcher wouldn't kill the man in cold blood, but she couldn't let him go free very well either.

NightWatcher walked to one of the doors that led off the passage, where she knew a bed and some non-perishables were stored. Today was for getting ready and aiming. Tomorrow the arrow would fly.

• Like 1

Indeed, that was awesomely fun :D

It is! It's a will-power boost right there. I'ma need one of these when I'm done with not-botching it

Green_Lantern_Power_Ring.jpg

Oooh, now THAT be a war for the ages!

Gifs and pics? Annoying? I play this card on that notion :)

zrkKyTZBHtdh.jpg

Check-in:

Boy, it's been a crap week for me to do life and adulting and not-flopping for hours on end 'cause of ick. BUT, I'm gonna argue that today made up for the week. The whole. Bloody. Week.

WO - 4 hrs (!!!!!!! WHATTTTT?) of riding, including a rigorous lesson dispensed by my best friend who has probably forgotten more about horses than I've ever forgotten (and after 5 years not riding before what, 2 months ago? I forgot a LOT). Walked around a bit with a mini carrying an adorable kid who did most of her own steering, tacked, groomed, etc. There may be slight regret tomorrow.

Meditation -check

Room - laundry just went in, will come up in the morning. room looks less like Attila the Hun and company paid me a visit.

Study - got instructions today on how to give horse-lessons to a fresh beginner. Sweet!

Whole30 - eggs, chicken pad king no rice or noodles, mashed potatoes made with almond milk, garlic and chicken broth, salad, shrimp scampi, olive oil instead of butter. kinda want a snack now. I'll probably find something to munch before bed

*NW scampers off to find a food

On other notes of awesome, I got to meet @Wufkar today and hang out with her for a bit, which was a blast  :D Also made it to group, though very late, and there was still food I could eat and got to play my first game of MtG - Arch Enemy ever. It was fun :) Though I'm afraid I was a little sore and tired by the time that happened, since I had some "conversations" with the first horse I rode who wanted to go in a direction different from the one I wanted him to go. Didn't come off, but my inner thighs HURT right now, so tomorrow will be a fun day for walking.

I can absolutely vouch for her W30 Lunch.

The thai was delicious.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Wufkar Stops Making Excuses

------------------------------------------------------

4 hours!!! you machine

It was kinda insane, but it was awesome :) 

I can absolutely vouch for her W30 Lunch.

The thai was delicious.

that it was!

Whole 30 officially up, I have 4 words for you - pumpkin spice mocha latte. Thank you very much

• Like 4

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines