You had me vibing 300 there! :D

200_s.gif

Would that have been Custard's last stand?? :nevreness:

Totally! Totally I am actually quite excited right now guys! Every week, we could be destroying our sugar monsters.

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 3

Class and Profession: Rangers/Druid
Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are--Lara Croft.

Would that have been Custard's last stand??  :nevreness:

Haha, I get it... albeit, after I looked it up (I KNEW it was a reference to SOMETHING, but as to what, I couldn't remember), but I still get it :lol:

Very clever :rapture:

Hi, Brigade! I'm sorry I went AWOL on you; work moved up my deadline, so it's been long hours and exhaustion all week. Then, Saturday, when I was going to catch up, I got an emergency call to help redo a home for a friend who fell and broke his back; lots of work to make it usable for him in his "egg" brace. 

Anyway, I'm back and now need to catch up on my writing for the day. Otherwise I'm on track, except for stalling on my main quest. I'm going to give it 2 more weeks, and if I'm still stalled, it's time to try some new tactics. 

Hang in there, everyone!

Howdy, Brigade! :livid:

I'm still alive, just had another really busy week...

Sugar Monster vs. Swampling: 5 : 2 - not a good week, but the next will be better.

Kcal target missed - though by not as much as I had feared.

French / duolingo: did some more repetition and started a new topic (adjectives).

Yoga challenge: did none of the videos, but I attended a yoga workshop this Saturday, so I did at least 2 1/2 extra hours of yoga this week.

All in all, not a terribly good week, so let's NOT do this again, mmmkay? :rolleyes:

Onwards and upwards! RAWR!

Wishing you all a smashing week 3!

BRIGADE!! My summary is up!

Apologies for my silence this last week. Should be around a bit more to check-in with you guys on each thread this week.

KEEP BEING AWESOME AND DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE!

Hi guys! I've been pretty mute too~ (zoinks) but all in all summary, I've decided to up MY FIGHT AGAINST THE SUGAR MONSTER! This week (Tuesday onwards!) I'll be good! Nothing artificial! All natural good sugars in me!

First off big shout out to Harihead, Twotone, swampling, and Hans!!! :triumphant:

That's one happy dance for each of you for your awesome BRIGADE spirit! :D

Now, here's my week summary.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/53769-ashps-remember-whats-important/?p=1232725

New week! Let's kick butt Brigade!

So... So much glorious ass kicking... it... it brings a tear to my eye :sorrow:

I don't know if I could ever say this enough, but you all are amazingly awesome! Seeing how hard you all are fighting is truly inspirational!

I love this team, and everyone on it :D

Now let's go kick Week Three's ass!!! :triumphant:

• Like 2

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

= WEEK THREE =

OVERCOMING TRIALS TOGETHER

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Week Three Music)

After many long and difficult battles, the Brigade finally makes to the edge of the desert! The Empire's forces where strong, but the Brigade was stronger!!! But what stands in front of the team now is a challenge bigger than anything they've faced yet: Mt. Three. A sprawling and treacherous mountain range, filled to the brim with traps, and harsh conditions.

As the Brigade moves forward, the dry cracked land gives way to a cold and snowy environment. Knowing that this is the only way forward, the team charges on!

It's do of die now though. For if they falter, the snow shall bury them...

Unless the Empire gets to them first!

"Here we are, once again. Three weeks in... and now we tackle Mt. Three this time, eh. Weeks Three and Four are, without a doubt, where some of the hardest challenges lie. Every Challenge that I've been through, this is when comrades, friends, were lost. But I won't lose you, I won't lose anybody this time! This time, we stick together, at all costs! If we keep working as a team, and always keep each other's backs, we'll make it through just fine! Just keep your eyes peeled for The Empire's forces; they'll try and separate us, plucking us off one by one. Alone, we may be strong, but together, we're unstoppable! We CAN do this! Let's go!!!"

--

Mini challenge: Teamwork

Leave at least one post on everyone's thread within the team! We need to be there for each other more than ever right now! We CAN do this!!!

• Like 1

Spoiler

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

Good thing I've got proper winter footwear! (Finally, the Canadian cold is useful!). I may have faltered behind, but I've caught up with the group now. Also, I seem to have brought along my hunting rifle - if we need food, I've got this. 

Onwards, to Mt.3! :livid: 

• Like 3

A Level 3 Wood Elf Finding Her Way

“A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for.†William G.T. Shedd

My People  :livid:

Current Challenge: Taking Time

Hi there!

AshPs (who is awesome, I might add) mentioned this thread to me - I've just started working out about a week ago and my battle log is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54939-cinalycs-strength-forging-adventure-time/

I suppose most of my 'accountability' shall come from updating the battle log, but I'll check in here every week as well? How does this even work? :) 

You have permission to harass me with a PM if I don't post back?!?! That should do it for now. *shrugs and runs off to finish building workout plan*

• Like 3

Gargoyle Assassin

Present: I can has climb?
   Future: It shall be excellent.

Failures are merely teachers.

It's do of die now though. For if they falter, the snow shall bury them...

Unless the Empire gets to them first!

--

Mini challenge: Teamwork

Leave at least one post on everyone's thread within the team! We need to be there for each other more than ever right now! We CAN do this!!!

It feels like do or die. Will, I accept your challenge.

THE BRIGADE SHALL TRIUMPH!!!

Also, I seem to have brought along my hunting rifle - if we need food, I've got this. 

You're hired. Bison, moose, or elk, I'm up for it. Bring it ON!

oh yeah, who the hell do we think we are?!?!?

WE ARE THE DAI-GURREN BRIGADE AND WE ARE AWESOME!!!

AshPs (who is awesome, I might add) mentioned this thread to me - I've just started working out about a week ago and my battle log is here: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/54939-cinalycs-strength-forging-adventure-time/

I suppose most of my 'accountability' shall come from updating the battle log, but I'll check in here every week as well? How does this even work? :)

Hi, Cinalyc, welcome! I, too, joined late my first challenge-- hey, you find Nerd Fitness when you find it! Good for you for jumping right in. 

Basically, we're hear to cheer each other on and hold each other accountable. I think it's great. My poor family and friends were getting rather tired of hearing me talk about my fitness goals. Here, everybody does it all the time-- yay! Guilt-free yakking. Feel free to chime in. :)

HEY HEY HEY! :tongue:

This weeks challenge looks owsummm!

Yeah, it LOOKS awesome. I'm gonna do it.

FAREWELL, BRIGADE! You will not see me again until I've checked up on you and KICKED YOU UP MT. THREE! HOORAY!!! 

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

How's it going, Brigade? 

My Week 3 report is up here

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

Howdy, Brigade, sorry I've been silent again.

Remember how I said in my last check-in to not repeat week 2? Ahem. Guess what... :redface-new:

At least there was a little progress in that I didn't overshoot my weekly kcal target by as much as in week 2, and there were only 4 Sugar Monster days instead of 5.

I also did some duolingo and only two more yoga videos. :(

Thankfully, Rosie's owner will be back this coming Thursday, so I'll be off Rosie duty after that. I hope that will reduce my stress levels (and all the side effects) a bit.

• Like 1

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

Doing good! Arms barely work after my workout today

Coffee up the nose! I love this attitude: my arms hardly work, I'm doing great! Oh, yes. I discovered all sorts of muscles I didn't know I had over these last 3 months. :)

Howdy, Brigade, sorry I've been silent again.

I'll be off Rosie duty after that. I hope that will reduce my stress levels (and all the side effects) a bit.

Please don't worry, Swampling. Life happens, and stress is a killer. Please keep hanging in there. Every day is day 1!

Cheers.

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

I know~ These past few days have been super sweet for me. It's all because of the whole eid festivities. I can say that I've been pretty good with my portioning, haven't touched soda but desserts is something I can't tackle

._.

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

• Like 2

Background: 27 year old Nerdling. Idk what to write anymore so imagine that this is a cool intro

Spoiler

Quote:

I know~ These past few days have been super sweet for me. It's all because of the whole eid festivities. I can say that I've been pretty good with my portioning, haven't touched soda but desserts is something I can't tackle

._.

This message was convincingly brought to you by, "my imaginative brain" and my "nimble but bulbous fingers".

There's also a habit and a tradition that you've been conditioned for years to enjoy. I say, Be glad! It's a festival. And now... you're doing something else. :)

Congrats on the pop!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

There's also a habit and a tradition that you've been conditioned for years to enjoy. I say, Be glad! It's a festival. And now... you're doing something else. :)

Congrats on the pop!

Thank you! Say, how do you cope with this conditioning?

• Like 1

Spoiler

Quote:

Thank you! Say, how do you cope with this conditioning?

Over time, your body and mind will develop new conditioning. Right now you have all sorts of good and happy memories associated with these particular tastes and smells. It's a lovely reinforcement of good things. But it's not the only reinforcement.

As your body naturally corrects for having to deal with less sugar, your tastes will change naturally. You'll associate the good times with family and friends, and not so much a particular food item. It will happen! Don't worry if it doesn't happen overnight. If you have the intention and keep taking those slow and steady steps, you WILL get there. :)

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

= WEEK FOUR =

HELPING OTHERS

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Week Four Music)

Light fills the sky as the morning sun rises; a blue hue accompanies the golden glow. The Brigade had just about made it to the peak of Mt. Three. As the team begins to set off yet again, large explosions shake the earth beneath them! As the team looks up, billows of black smoke fill the sky just above the tip of the mountain, blotting out the sun!

Quickly, the team picks themselves back up, and scurries up the rest of Mt. Three, only to find what looks to be a small settlement in the distance being attacked! An airplane quickly flies close overhead, rumbling the ground beneath it, as soldiers drop from the sky. Catching a glimpse of the insignia inscribed on the plane, the team knew that it was The Empire attacking once again.

With great haste, the Brigade rushes down the mountain towards the settlement! As they approach, the team notices a small, tattered, red flag with "NF" inscribed in white!

"This must be a settlement of fellow Rebels! Come on, we need to help them! Lets GO!!!"

Hurrying through the snow, the Brigade bans together with their unknown comrades, in a desperate fight to survive! With waves of The Empire's soldiers charging forward, will the Brigade, and it's newfound friends, be strong enough to make it to the end alive, or will they die trying...?

"*hah* *hah* *hah* Come on everyone! *hah* Our fellow Rebels *hah* Need our help! This might be the Empire's strongest attack yet, but it just shows that they know we mean business! They're scared, because we're getting stronger! We're halfway to our goal, and we won't go down with out a fight! Let's show them just WHO THE HELL WE ARE!!!"

--

Mini challenge: Helping Others

Leave at least one post on five different threads from people who are NOT in the Brigade. It can be anything you want, from motivational stuff, to invites to the group, to some other third thing. We might be the DAI-GURREN BRIGADE, but we're also a part of NerdFitness, and all of us Rebels are in this together! So let's share the kindness and support that we show for each other to our fellow Rebels around the forums!

• Like 2

Spoiler

- Fei from Xenogears

Me neither, Swampling *sober highfive*

But, this time, I am going to start way early! Going to pop in and say hi to a hand full of people right now!!!!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Quote:

As they approach, the team notices a small, tattered, red flag with "NF" inscribed in white.

This made my whole morning. :)

I accept your challenge, Will! I will bolster others as I have been bolstered. Great mini!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

I know I did check in with a couple of other Rebels this past week, don't know how many though. At least 3, that much I know. :D

Summary of week 4 is in my thread. Another so-so week.

This is definitely not my most successful challenge, but I didn't expect it to be. I'm just glad it isn't a lot worse... :D

• Like 2

Hobbit 

Challenges: 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9| 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

My shiny new "battle" log - probably more of a plodding-along log, but hey, it's mine!

I did great with our guilds challenge. Not so with the 6 week challenge but next week will be even better!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Quote:

How's it going, Brigade? Kind of quiet challenge this time.

My week 4 write-up is here

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines