The drop - Challenge 2 Redux [Endor]

Endor

Challenge 13.

I'm heading back to the UK for a holiday in 6 weeks time, perfect challenge timing! I want to be in great shape for my trip so I've decided to repeat the goals I had for my second ever NF challenge, which was a very successful one for weight loss. Only mod is goal 1 now Body Fat % rather than a Kg BMI number. 

The key focus for the next 6 weeks is going to be fat loss and vanity. When I turn 40 later this year it would be amazing if I was "ripped" but any steps in that direction will be good progress. 

Goals:
Goal 1 - Get to 17.5% Bodyfat. (CHA 5)
Goal 2 - Complete 4 workouts per week (STA 2, STR 2, DEX 1)
Goal 3 - Limit alcohol to max one night per week (CON 1, WIS 1)
Goal 4 - 50% Paleo during the challenge, this means 10 Paleo main meals (breakfast, lunch or dinner) per week (CON 3)

Although not on my goal list I will continue to limit caffeine to 1 cup of tea a day and cut out soda completely. These are easy now I am in the habit so I won't include on the attributes goals.

Rewards:
- Sub 80kg at end of challenge gets me a new t-shirt and hoody with my box branding on it. 
- Sub 17.5% BF gets me a crossfit WOD at a box while I'm in London. 

I'm still struggling to overcome injuries and the associated blues that come with them. I'm trying not to be too down on myself and not to let any sabotage around food creep in so I'm calling on my NF friends to help me through this challenge please, it's going to be a tough one! (but rewarding too hopefully)

• Like 4

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Cool vid never seen that one before :D 

Fits well with my Optimus avatar and reminds me of one of my favorite NF articles 

Also reminded me of a nice song about Yoshimi

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

The key focus for the next 6 weeks is going to be fat loss and vanity. :lol:

Nice rewards!! If you feel the challenge is going to be hard, make sure you reeeeeeally want those rewards!

with my box branding on it. What does that mean? I don't understand the expression and I can't find a translation :(

Box is crossfit talk for gym and branding means your company logo.

So it's just a tshirt with the gym's logo on it ;)

Yeah I might tweak the rewards, we'll see. There are some other things I really want but I spent a lot on my flights so I have to be a bit careful!

Nice to have you along for the challenge again :)

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Box is crossfit talk for gym and branding means your company logo.

So it's just a tshirt with the gym's logo on it ;)

Yeah I might tweak the rewards, we'll see. There are some other things I really want but I spent a lot on my flights so I have to be a bit careful!

Nice to have you along for the challenge again :)

Ooooook, it was "box" what was bothering me there. I was thinking literally of a box, so...

Thanks!

Ya Crossfitters like to speak the secret language...it's a crazy club indeed  :playful:

Does your box have a mobility WOD? I didn't follow your whole challenge last time but that seems like a good option...

I wish it did, I'm sure they used to before I joined up, I would definitely attend if they ran it again. In fact I might suggest that and see what the coaches say.

I've found a Yoga class that seems ok nearby, had a chat with them and they accept complete beginners so I'm going to give it a try once I know my wrist can handle it. The lady was a bit on the spaced out hippy side though, I'm not really into all that but I'll try to keep an open mind! 

subbed! Now get to work :tongue:

Wait until you see what I had to do yesterday, I very nearly puked. Off to the gym shortly but I'll write it up when I get back. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Friday 12/08/14 - 1hr PT

2 min warm up on rower

Strength: 5 sets. 

3 x Increasing Back squat   |   60kg/65/70/75/80

3 x Increasing Clean Pull    |   60kg/65/70/75/80

10 x Ring Rows |   10/10/10/10/10

5 x Ring Dips     |   3+2 negs/3+2/2+3/2+3/4+1

WOD: Death by:

2 mins for each round, any leftover from the 2 mins is rest.

KB Swing x 10 at 24kg | 10/10/10/10/10

Burpees                        |  8/8/8/8/8/7

KB Lunge                     |   4/6/8/10/-

If you did not complete 3 rounds in under 2 mins each there was a 100 calorie AirDyne forfeit. Fuuuuuck. I didn't want to do that at all. 

Managed to get 4 rounds with the 4th round coming in at 1:59secs so I had zero rest and had to go straight into the 5th round. Just not possible, I tried hard but I was totally gassed, came within a hairs breadth of puking my guts out after the 5th round. So hard. 

Saturday 13/09/14: Class WOD

Carnage! 7 min blocks with 1 min changeovers, complete each station for time. 

1) 5-3-1

Rope Climb

Wall walk (I replaced with Pushups)

2) 7-5-3

Bar Muscle Up (I replaced with 21-15-9 Pullups)

Deadlift 

3) 12-10-8

Dumbbell snatch (30/20kg) - I did 20kg. 

Box jump up and over (I replaced with 24-20-16 Lunges)

4) 4 rounds

200m run

20 Russian Twists 6/9kg (I used 9kg)

Certainly was carnage, I finished everything in under 7 mins except the last couple reps of the rope climb and the last round of the run/twists. I could have finished the run/twists but I'd paced myself too slow, good experience to have completed it now and know that I can go faster as I think it will appear in a comp later on. 

I'm pretty excited about the new challenge starting, I have a good feeling about this one. Maybe that's just because I finally seem to be able to sustain some proper work on my injuries. Wrist is sore after and certainly couldn't do the wall walks, I tried one and it told me to stop straight away so I still have to be very careful. Leg is feeling much better, I think the work is actually helping it. 

Got an old friend from Uni coming up for dinner tonight with her husband and 2 kids, they're staying over too and we all like a drink, so it will be messy. Lucky I got it in before the challenge weigh in ;) Going to be great to see them  :positive:

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I'm new to the Rangers - pleased to meet you! ^.^

I'm still struggling to overcome injuries and the associated blues that come with them. I'm trying not to be too down on myself and not to let any sabotage around food creep in so I'm calling on my NF friends to help me through this challenge please, it's going to be a tough one! (but rewarding too hopefully)

You can do it! I'm trying to no sabatoge myself with food either this challenge, so perhaps we can help each other! :panda:

Level 2 - Wood Elf - Ranger 

STR : 2 | DEX : 2 | STA : 5 | CON : 3 | WIS : 3 | CHA : 2

Challenges: #1, Current - #2

My Triathlon Training Logs: #1, #2

ALL HAIL ENDOR! The champion of food tracking. I was easily defeated in our PvP by you. 

I tried to keep up, but I came up short...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14419-1385051663-19

I have made variations of this paleo pork chili in the past and love it. Enjoy. 

Ingredients
  • 2 pound pork roast (excess fat trimmed)
  • 3 garlic cloves, peeled
  • ½ cup hot sauce
  • 3 tablespoons smoked paprika
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 2 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 tablespoon cumin
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 1 heaping tablespoon red pepper flakes
  • lots of salt
  • 2 yellow onions, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 2 (14) ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
  • 1 (14) ounce can of tomato sauce
  • avocado, sliced (to garnish)
  • green onions, diced (to garnish)

Instructions
  1. Place the pork roast in a crock pot.
  2. Press a knife into the roast in 3 spots and press the peeled garlic cloves into the holes made from the knife.
  3. Pour hot sauce over meat.
  4. Sprinkle the paprika, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt on top of the roast.
  5. Place diced onions, peppers, tomatoes and tomatoes sauce on top of the roast.
  6. Cover and cook for 8-10 hours on low.
  7. Garnish with sliced avocado and green onions.

Every time you post a workout, I seriously have to curb my amazement, slow down and read carefully before I'm extra amazed. You're killing it!

Thanks mate, you're pretty awesome yourself :) Crossfit pushes your boundaries but PT sessions with my crossfit coach takes it to another level, brutal!

I'm new to the Rangers - pleased to meet you! ^.^

You can do it! I'm trying to no sabatoge myself with food either this challenge, so perhaps we can help each other! :panda:

Hi @Ryoko welcome to the Rangers, clearly the best guild :lol:

Hard to resist the naughty noms sometimes isn't it! I'm going to throw some stuff out so I don't get tempted, bye bye ice cream in the freezer!

Wow! Great challenge and I like your rewards. Will be following your progress. By the looks of it you're already in the right path.

Welcome to the party :) I'm actually really keen to train at the box in London so hopefully that's going to push me. 

ALL HAIL ENDOR! The champion of food tracking. I was easily defeated in our PvP by you. 

I tried to keep up, but I came up short...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14419-1385051663-19

I have made variations of this paleo pork chili in the past and love it. Enjoy. 

Ha! Love the gif and the recipe, I'll have to set some time aside to try that. I cooked my first roast pork about 2 weeks ago so this will be good progression :) 

I secretly kinda wanted you to win the tracking as I'm hanging for you to close out that goal. But you won the lifting so now we are 1-1 we'll have to think of a decider ;)

I am so clueless to crossfit - but I'm not clueless to amazing...subbed!

Welcome and thanks! Crossfit is a bit like marmite you either love it or hate it, well actually I think I love it and hate it :lol:

-------------------

First day of the challenge and I've come down with an extremely sore throat on the back of an indulgent weekend, what a bummer. I'm not going to exercise today (well maybe I'll walk the dog later) as I feel exhausted but I am focusing on eating well and got 2 Paleo meals under my belt already so it's a good start. Meatza for breakfast and chilli with veggies for lunch. 

Spring is sprung here, absolutely stunning day yesterday and as my friend's 2 boys were here (8 & 10) I dusted off the rods and did some fishing with them. I was mostly untangling line and baiting hooks for them but we all had a great time and caught 2 fish, a mullet and garfish. 

I've signed up for the 10 week weight loss PVP run by the warriors, it finishes very close to my birthday so it's perfect timing. 

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

My day has just been made brighter. I could remove the cheese and breadcrumbs, maybe add some veggies to make a paleo version of it... If When this happens, I'll post it on the Campfire thread :)

That version is the one my wife makes, I prefer this one which is more primal/paleo but not as meaty

http://2learninggals.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/pizza-frittata.html

also found this which you might like ;) I've never made it though. 

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/greek-meatza-with-creamy-feta-kalamata-olives-and-red-onion/#axzz3DNE4YRmD

• Like 2

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

That version is the one my wife makes, I prefer this one which is more primal/paleo but not as meaty

http://2learninggals.blogspot.com.au/2012/10/pizza-frittata.html

also found this which you might like ;) I've never made it though. 

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/greek-meatza-with-creamy-feta-kalamata-olives-and-red-onion/#axzz3DNE4YRmD

Meh, the first one is more close to a frittata than a pizza. Second looks great, but I'm skipping dairy. What matters is the idea of ground beef instead of a crust, other than that I can get pretty creative. Seems like a "meatza project" on the horizon... :D

• Like 1

Lvl 58 Multitasker

I secretly kinda wanted you to win the tracking as I'm hanging for you to close out that goal. But you won the lifting so now we are 1-1 we'll have to think of a decider ;)

Haha yeah, maybe I'll hit the goal soon. It just isn't as high on the priority list as getting workouts in. Also, with the lack of running, my TDEE is down right now. Oh, and I'm heading back to Kauai later this month :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines