Hermione Gainser and the Prisoner of [the] Boot

Hermione Gainser

I'm doing a "you gots no boot no more" jig for you!  Right now! In my office!

18s4it8l1sf72gif.gif

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

So much excitement! First, I'd like to present your Perfect Patient Award. I know that wasn't easy for you, but you conquered it. And you're back to being as perfect as you always were!  (That sounded like a pickup line. Hey girl!)

And the mobility. And the yoga. And the squatting. The kingdom will be yours! 

I am actually the same way with food. If I'm active, I eat better naturally. If I'm kind of in a slump, or sick, or hurt, I tend to be like, "Well, this sounds good." I assume it has to do with a dip in something, because it corresponds with the blahs (or the tireds). So I'm glad you're back in the less Jerk zone! 

Hahaha Thank you!!!

YAY!!  No boot.  And pumpkins!

I keep seeing it in my trunk... and laughing at it! BAH to you, Boot!

YAY FOR NO BOOT!!! You know how Homer's epic poems have tons of epithets like "swift footed Achilles" and "fair haired Demeter"? You can be "boot-less Laura" :).

Also, are those grey converse? We're converse twins!

Excellent!  A new title I'm all about.

Yes! Converse twins!  I bought them the day before I jacked up my foot. It's about time I get to wear them!

I'm doing a "you gots no boot no more" jig for you!  Right now! In my office!

18s4it8l1sf72gif.gif

Yay!!! Dance for me!

Health: it was nice while it lasted. 

I tweaked something in a bad way last night while doing pull ups in the neck/shoulder area.  No turning of the head, lots of massive discomfort. So, called it quits (duh) and wen to the chiro.  That helped some, but it's still pretty uncomfortable.  Biofreeze has become my new best friend.

Anyhow, that puts the kibosh on the Armstrong program.  This was the final week any how and I've made great progress.  So some rest should do the trick.  Oh.. and some sleep. That would be lovely. So uncomfortable!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Health: it was nice while it lasted. 

I tweaked something in a bad way last night while doing pull ups in the neck/shoulder area.  No turning of the head, lots of massive discomfort. So, called it quits (duh) and wen to the chiro.  That helped some, but it's still pretty uncomfortable.  Biofreeze has become my new best friend.

Anyhow, that puts the kibosh on the Armstrong program.  This was the final week any how and I've made great progress.  So some rest should do the trick.  Oh.. and some sleep. That would be lovely. So uncomfortable!

Rest! Restrestrest. And biofreeze and gosh, I'm sorry.

ETA: I think the punctuation makes it look like I'm saying and biofreeze and god will make it better. Edited to gosh because I'm not a proselytizer. Also not much of a believer, but what I meant to convey was: rest! biofreeze! and [epithet] [comma] I'm sorry!

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Rest! Restrestrest. And biofreeze and gosh, I'm sorry.

ETA: I think the punctuation makes it look like I'm saying and biofreeze and god will make it better. Edited to gosh because I'm not a proselytizer. Also not much of a believer, but what I meant to convey was: rest! biofreeze! and [epithet] [comma] I'm sorry!

The ETA made me LOL. 

You're having a rough go of it! I'm sorry. I hope you're feeling better. HUGS! 

tumblr_m2hwph4w1z1rs76f5o1_400.gif

Don't make me dub you "injury-prone Laura!" Hope you feel better soon--rest up so you're ready for the next challenge! And you need to be able to lift so you can break in those converse with some squats... I thought they looked very shiny and new.

Thanks, lovely and wonderful nerds! <3

But I think that might be my new title. Lemme tell ya why...

The neck/arm thing cleared up within the week with the bio freezing, chiro, some massage, and lots of mobility work.  Huzzah!

Then I went to the gym. And I was stretching. And it was fine. And then it wasn't. Something in my previously fractured foot popped and then burrrrnnnnned.  It was unfortunate.  I went through my workout still since I was there and it didn't hurt much after it stopped burning, but I did keep it short.  Went to work at job 2 the next day and by the end of my shift my foot was killing me. 

Anyhow, called the doc on Monday.  Did the biofreeze, wrapped it, rested it.  Thankfully, it started to feel a lot better by Thursday when I went to the doc.  More x-rays and some tests and it's okay.  He said it's nothing to worry about and gave me some pads to wear on my foot to take pressure off when it gets uncomfortable.

It's mostly better now, but still a little achy if I'm on it for a long time.

tl;dr - I am a hot mess.

Anyhow, the next challenge starts on my birthday! The Big 3-0.  Until then, come lol at me injuring myself in the ol' battle log.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Something in my previously fractured foot popped and then burrrrnnnnned.

Let's NOT make the title of your next challenge, "Hermione Gainser and the Foot on Fire." XD  I'm glad everything seems to be ok and the doctor gave you clearance to continue as usual. Bodyweight+ squats during your next challenge would be a great birthday present, after all :).

-:- THE LIONESS -:-

Challenge 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9, 2.10 

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines