Harihead's 3rd Challenge: Pushing Up the Levels!

Harihead

Here is my progress:

1. Assume plank position. 

2. Start to lower self to floor.

3. Fall-- kersplat! 

I expect this will go on for several weeks. But eventually, I should be able to lower myself without falling. When that happens, I'll start working on the up. :)

You're doing better than me! I can't even make it into the plank position without crashing. Learnt that last challenge. My poor knees!  Keep it up though and you'll get it. :)

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Late start, but here at last.

Level 6 Magikarp

Past Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5

My NF Character and Epic Quest!

Ahoy fellow cut lass! Checking in to say hello and to say that ye goals look awesome! Give're hell this week, ye'll do awesome!!! Subbed.

Thank you, Tundralily (I saw some Tundra lilies on my last hike). :) I mean, Arr, grr! I'm gonna get me down on the scabby deck and push out them pushups, or you can run me up the yardarm! (Now I've frightened myself.)

Thanks for the encouragement, Tearose! I start putting it into practice tomorrow. 

Anaticula, I'm going to do my best. All I can do. But I'm so delighted to learn that steady effort pays off. I'll see you at camp!

Walk to Mordor progresshttp://www.shirepost...reMapLarge.html

Day 1: 5.3 miles. Walked from Bag End to The Green Dragon in Bywater. Had some lovely sparkling cider with Frodo and Sam. 

Day 2: 3.2  miles, headed out of Bywater toward the Oatbarton Rd. (about 10 miles from Bywater, +10 after that to Frogmorton). I'm strongly considering picnicking at the Three Farthing Stone. 

Day 3: 1.5 miles. As suspected, I didn't get very far today. I decided to pop down to the Three Farthing Stone. Pippin rode up from Tuckborough and the four of us shared a splendid luncheon prepared by Sam Gamgee-- roast rabbit and taters, sprinkled with herbs. Delicious!

• Like 4

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Main quest: I held my weight over the break, despite party fun-time in the mountains, so I get to begin where I left off. Yay!

Fitness: First set of pushups = 7/8/7 knee, rest inclined, first pushup a reverse (lowered plank) each set.

Day 4: 0.5 miles (round trip to pool). My key card let me into the pool! So I got my laps in today, yay! Mordorwise, basically, me and the hobbits lolled around the Three Farthing Stone. Frodo swam with me, Pippin and Sam don't swim, so just threw apples and crusts at us. I hope the pool is still unlocked tomorrow (fingers crossed). You know, it's just these kinds of delays that let the Black Riders get so darned close. *looks over shoulder*

• Like 5

Level 9 Ranger

Ahoy fellow CutLass.  I stopped by the Shire fixin to check in on you and noticed you were out.   Seems you've made it quite a ways already.  Subbing to follow you but I'm more apt to catch up with on the high seas than on the way to Mordor.    

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Thank you, Tundralily (I saw some Tundra lilies on my last hike). :) I mean, Arr, grr! I'm gonna get me down on the scabby deck and push out them pushups, or you can run me up the yardarm! (Now I've frightened myself.)

Thanks for the encouragement, Tearose! I start putting it into practice tomorrow. 

Anaticula, I'm going to do my best. All I can do. But I'm so delighted to learn that steady effort pays off. I'll see you at camp!

Day 1: 5.3 miles. Walked from Bag End to The Green Dragon in Bywater. Had some lovely sparkling cider with Frodo and Sam. 

Day 2: 3.2  miles, headed out of Bywater toward the Oatbarton Rd. (about 10 miles from Bywater, +10 after that to Frogmorton). I'm strongly considering picnicking at the Three Farthing Stone. 

Day 3: 1.5 miles. As suspected, I didn't get very far today. I decided to pop down to the Three Farthing Stone. Pippin rode up from Tuckborough and the four of us shared a splendid luncheon prepared by Sam Gamgee-- roast rabbit and taters, sprinkled with herbs. Delicious!

Way to go on ye progress so far, you're doing awesome! I'll join ye in some push-ups on the scabby deck, this one of my challenge goals as well.

What mountain range are you playing in? I'm currently enjoying the northern end of the Rockies!

• Like 2

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Hey Harihead, just getting my second challenge started and thought I'd stop by and say good luck!

Thanks, IC! I popped by your thread. Great goals!

I'm more apt to catch up with on the high seas than on the way to Mordor.    

Ahoy, lassie, I'll be hauling up larboard one o' these days and we'll yammer over the rum till third watch!

What mountain range are you playing in? I'm currently enjoying the northern end of the Rockies!

Squee! A Rocky Mountain gal. Whahoo! I'm on the front range, Denver area (slightly north). I was just playing in the Gore range out toward Vail. THIS IS AWESOME! Maybe we could do a hike sometime! *looks at you with puppy eyes*

Although personally I'd be tempted to spend another day swimming and miss out on the walking. :lol:

Guilty! Read on....

Walk to Mordor progress: Day 5 (or, Hobbits are Great for Sneaking)

The sky has brightened, but day has not broken. Clouds tinged with gold lie on the horizon. Nearby, the large blue pool is eery and still; no flutter of wind stirs its mirror surface, no wisp of steam rises from its glassy length. The quarter moon's pale reflection ripples from one end. 

"The gate is closed and locked," Sam whispered. 

"No one gets in but maintenance people," said Pippin.

"Nevertheless," said Frodo, "through the gate we must go, or at least try. Harihead, have you the key?" 

With trembling hand, Harihead tries her pool key card. The lock beeps! It turns green! Hurriedly, the party rushes into the forbidden inner sanctum. 

Pippin stares. "They've taken down all the umbrellas."

"If you don't mind me putting my spoke in," said Sam, "this excuse of not knowing the pool is closed won't hold water much longer, if you take my meaning." 

"We have come this far," said Frodo. "There's no turning back now." 

Pippin squawks and pulls his hand out of the water. "They've turned off the heaters!"

"I had a feeling they might," Sam growled. "This pool will cool down quick in the autumn air." 

"I believe there is sufficient warmth left from yesterday to venture in," said Frodo. "Harihead, what do you... Harihead? Hari?"

Pippin points. "She's already doing laps."

"Ain't she a wonder!" Sam grinned. 

Frodo rolled up his sleeves. "All right, let's watch the entrances. Just 30 minutes, and we're out!"

• Like 7

Level 9 Ranger

In other news, I killed my writing quota this week. The boss was away, yay! So I could work on my story while I uploaded files to the server. Actually rewrote the whole thing and have it ready to mail to a new magazine. Which I wouldn't have done without this challenge so, yay!

• Like 5

Level 9 Ranger

Awesome progress!

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Awesome progress!

Thanks, LS! Looks like you're out there whooping this challenge about the head and shoulders also. :)

TOMORROW I LEAVE FOR CAMP NERD FITNESS!!!!

Oh, the packing. O_o

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

WHOOOOO HOOOO!!!! :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

Have lots of fun and kick butt HH!

Packing.....you have my sympathy. lol. :P

• Like 2

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

Thank you, Ash!

The Walk to Mordor today was pretty tame, only about 1/2 mile. I'll get plenty of walking tomorrow in the airport. :)

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

Subbed!

Love your goals around form. Would love to hear more about your lunge work. I'm about to write my update regarding a bump in the road of my own experience with bad knees and my attempt at lunges/jumping jacks tonight.

Keep doing the impossible! :D

• Like 1

Lvl 1 Rebel

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.† 

- Paulo Coelho

Fellow CutLass subbing in. Sounds like you are off to a flying start.

Have a great time at camp!  :)

• Like 2

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Woo! Go HH! You're rocking this challenge :triumphant:

Hope you have fun at camp, and keep kicking ass :tyrannosaurus:

• Like 1

[ Battle Log: - THE LEGEND OF WILL - ]

Spoiler

"I can change the future!"

- Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles

"I still don't know what I should do. What [he's] doing isn't for his own gain. He walks the path he believes in, one step at a time. Wishing only for the happiness of those around him. I, on the other hand... I thought I didn't have a path that I could take laid out before me. But like he said, that's just running away. I must find my own path."

- Fei from Xenogears

"A life of adventure awaits those with the courage to step beyond their comfort zones."

- Hylian Dan from The Philosophy of The Wind Waker

Ahoy fellow Cutlass!  Apologies for my late arrival here - I spent a week on shore leave (aka vacation) and got behind on everyone's threads.  Fortunately, I can catch up now!  I really like your challenge.

Also, I second the "You're in Denver?"  Because so am I!!!!!!!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Whoa, Harihead, you are in Denver?

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I am!!!

Ahoy fellow Cutlass!  Apologies for my late arrival here - I spent a week on shore leave (aka vacation) and got behind on everyone's threads.  Fortunately, I can catch up now!  I really like your challenge.

Also, I second the "You're in Denver?"  Because so am I!!!!!!!

I really really am!!!

This is awesome. Captncid, Starsapart, I'm in Westminster, between Denver and Boulder. Where are thou? Dost thou likest hiking? *bounce bounce*

Subbed!

Love your goals around form. Would love to hear more about your lunge work. I'm about to write my update regarding a bump in the road of my own experience with bad knees and my attempt at lunges/jumping jacks tonight.

Keep doing the impossible! :D

Boy, TwoToneWA, have I got lunge advice for you! I also have the bad knee problem. I went to the Basic Bodyweight training session at Camp Nerd Fitness, led by Steve Kamp and his friend Taylor Share, and got LOTS of advice on form. Furthermore, Taylor is now renamed "Miracle Man" (by me) because he showed me how to do a "backwards" lunge. Seriously, I worked up from "standing squat" to "semi-assisted" to "proper lunge, but only part of the time" over my last 6-week challenge. Thanks to Taylor's advice, I did right there unassisted on the bare floor an advanced lunge with my arms raised over my head. JUST LIKE THAT!!!

So it's in fact a miracle. Instead of stepping forward, step back (step big, but back and not forwards). This keeps your weight centered so you avoid strain on your knee. I did my whole bodyweight training set yesterday morning, and didn't once feel that flash of pain that says, "Owie. Stop now, please?" Please write me if you want more details!

Yes, Campers (and non-Campers), I'm back! I learned so much at Camp Nerd Fitness it isn't even funny. I will make more of a report later, but I'm already late for work. I will update my challenge and come back tonight when I have some time. Argh, real life! *whaps it around a little*

Week 1 Challenge Round-Up:

Main Quest: Let's just say I ate a LOT of really good paleo food at Camp Nerd Fitness. *whistles*

FitnessTaylor believes I'm on track for my proper pushup goal, and as "Miracle Man" he knows all. Stats for Monday: 9/9/7 knee, rest assisted (13 per set). AND I was able to hold my reverse pushup for about a microsecond before crashing to the floor. I'm on track!

Dairy: Killed. Only 4 servings all week, 3 of them at airports. Damn you, modern world! Love you, Camp Nerd Fitness!

Writing: Super killed. Rewrote and sent in a story to a new pro-mag. Fingers crossed.

Walk to Mordor

Day 7: 3 miles. The hobbits and I finally tore ourselves away from the Three Farthing Stone and got back on the Great East Road.

Day 8: 5 miles. We made it to the Oatbarton intersection. Sam wanted to go north, because he believed Elves might be up that way. Frodo only said wistfully, "Not for many years." 

Day 9: 5 miles. Well on our way to Frogmorton. We're all super excited because a passing Post rider told Pippin that Merry would be meeting us there!

Day 10. 4 miles. Frogmorton, here we are! Whahoo! Merry had ridden over from Buckland, and we spent ALL DAY at The Floating Log. Frodo, Merry and Pippin have really good singing voices. Sam is too shy to join in, but he's hilarious. Whoa, someone just ordered another KEG. It bothers me that I can't remember if this is keg #2 or 3.

Day 11: no miles. I'm under the table. I think I will spend the rest of the day here, holding my head. The hobbits, meanwhile, are back at it. They are seeing if they can jump from table to table across the entire pub without touching the floor or spilling their drinks. These guys are insatiable. 

More tonight. Have a great day, everyone!

• Like 5

Level 9 Ranger

I am!!!

I really really am!!!

This is awesome. Captncid, Starsapart, I'm in Westminster, between Denver and Boulder. Where are thou? Dost thou likest hiking? *

I'm in Littleton, and yes on the hiking when I can get it in!

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Like 2

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines