Harihead's 3rd Challenge: Pushing Up the Levels!

Harihead

Hooray for all these awesome accomplishments!

Thank you! I had a great weekend. It's such a pleasure not having meetings scheduled, so I can do my own thing. :)

Week 3 Challenge Round-Up: 

Main Quest: Whahoo! I kept the weight loss, so I am now officially Overweight vs. Obese (according to the BMI site I've used forever, so it's a consistent measurement). My goal is to keep this reduction through my meeting Weds to scare people who haven't seen me in 4 months. I'm feeling I've got this one. :) 

FitnessSlow but steady. Up to 10/10/9 knee pushups, rest incline (16 per set), plus holding my reverse pushup just slightly longer. I tried to push myself up from this position, and did a great impression of Newton's First Law of Motion (an object at rest stays at rest). 

Dairy: Barely made it! 6 servings this week, most of them soup. Hey, it's getting cold outside, and most of my favorite soups have cream.  

Writing: I did it! I was indeed Aragorn, riding from the Black Stone of Erech to the aid of Gondor. I got in all my hours on Sunday, and I now have 3 stories in the mail. Yeehaw! 

Healing yoga: Back on track, continuing daily. My goal is to make that 1 missed day my only missed day

Walk to Mordor

I added up my miles for the first 21 days. In 3 weeks I walked 43 miles.

Compare this to the hobbits, who in 2 days walked 46 miles: http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html 

These little guys are beating me into the dust! Thank goodness there are no Black Riders after me.  :)

Day 22 (Saturday): 2 miles, and I wouldn't have walked it unless I'd made the "Walk to Mordor" commitment. I spent all day cleaning closets, and feel so much better! 

Day 23: 0 miles. Glorfindel stopped by on Asfaloth, so I went on a 14-mile ride (on my bike) instead.

Day 24: 1 mile. I'm so enjoying the turning leaves! (I'm now caught up to the hobbits after 2 days; sigh).

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

STR 13 | DEX 10 | STA 21 | CON 19 | WIS 20 | CHA 15

ChallengesCurrent 1 2 3 | 4 | 5 6 7 7.5 8 9 | 10 | 11 | 11.5 | 12  | 13 | 14  

Groups:  | Rangers Walk to Mordor

Nerd Fitness Academy level: 0 | Starting over

Eat clean, walk strong, age gracefully with joy. 

Awesome! I woke up this morning another pound loss. 22 pounds to the next milestone (marginally overweight). 

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

Congratulation on your weightloss!

Thanks so much!

The same thing happened in August, too. Plateau for 3 weeks, then boom, 4 pounds all at once.

Well, I've already met my weight-loss goal for the month. It's only the 7th. 2 more pounds, I say! I'm going to target a new value for my end-of-month check in. I really couldn't notice a difference between my end of August and end of Sept pics. Maybe this month I will. :)

The other great news about my recent change is that I'm now 10 pounds lighter than I was last year when I attended my annual SF conference in Denver (MileHiCon). I remember feeling particularly blobby last year. This year I'm going to feel much better-- in a large part, simply because I feel better. This new diet really works for me.

I also noticed I'm getting stronger. It's always a chore to lug the cat litter up 2 flights of stairs. This weekend I hefted the litter bag and thought, That's it? So there are definite improvements happening all the time, too gradual to notice until something happens and then it's, Whoa! Neat. :)

I won't ask how you're doing because I'm following your adventures on Facebook. You're an animal! Good grief, lady. Keep it up!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

man, do I love your energy! not worrying about is a great way to lose weight I think.  I love that you are still doing so great even with all the extra work stress.  You're awesome, don't forget it.

Aw, Forkboy, you have me doing handsprings! Assisted handsprings! In my mind!

I feel that I've got my groove on. The short-term goals are really working for me this month. Plus...

I DID A PUSHUP!

Yes, that's right. One. Singular. But it was a PROPER PUSHUP. I started my regular routine yesterday with the reverse pushup, and just experimentally (the way I do) pushed up... and I rose into the air. I was actually puzzled as to what happened. Then, oh the cheers and silly dances. :)

I couldn't do another the whole routine, but now I know I can. I CAN! It's SUCH a good feeling. 

I am going to give Nerd Fitness a BIG kiss! What a place. :)

Have a great day, all!

HH

• Like 4

Level 9 Ranger

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fantastic!

Happy Dance! :)

:triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant: :triumphant:

WHAHOOO!

(Quoting your entire post just so I can have more celebratory emoticons on my page!) 

:D 

Level 9 Ranger

Nice!  Soon it will be 2, then it is all downhill from there.  Awesome!

I will hope with your hope, Forkboy! I did not succeed at my pushup today; I got almost to the top, and collapsed. Oh, well! I have 2 more weeks to get this right. :)

I'm feeling it's time for some more "big picture" progress. I have MFP on the run; it was forced to expand its markers from 5-pound units to 10-pound units. TAKE THAT, MAIN QUEST!!! You are MINE!!!!!

gallery_30390_1390_5294.png

As a treat, I bought myself some new clothes. Although I've been slowly shrinking back into my old wardrobe, I think these are the first clothes I've bought in about 3 years that were actually in a smaller size. I didn't buy much; I expect the shrinking to continue. But it feels great to have something new that isn't a set of "fat clothes" that I bought only because they were cheap and I couldn't fit into anything else!

Woohoo! Push up! Great job!  :D

Thank you! It feels like a little miracle. :)

Walk to Mordor progress

Previous progress: 43 miles to Budgeford, + 7 miles on the Great East Road. 

Days 25-29 (Friday): About 4 miles total. We're getting close to Stock. Pippin can't stop talking about the Golden Perch. I suspect we might get stuck there for another round of ale tasting. 

Day 30 (today): 0 miles. Did 13 miles on Ruby (bike) amid whirling leaves snatched down by an approaching storm. Autumn is grand! 

• Like 3

Level 9 Ranger

Thanks so much, Swampling! I'm feeling good, like I'm settled in for the long haul. And it will be a long haul; 24 pounds down, 41 to go. I calculated it would take me about a year to lose the excess weight I'd put on. Somehow that seems achievable; I've lost about 1/3 of it in about 4 months, so I should be on track. 

Winter will be challenging, when I can't get outside as much. I hope the indoor workouts will be able to sustain my weight loss. If not, there's always being more rigorous with the diet. I'm thinking keeping total sugar grams under 50/day is magic. We'll see if this pans out. :)

In any case, I'm delighted to be able to go to my annual conference 10 pounds lighter (or so) than when they last saw me. It makes me feel alive. I'm no longer surrendering to entropy; I'm taking an active hand in how I act in life. It's very satisfying. 

Cheers!

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

Week 4 Challenge Round-Up: 

Main Quest: No change, but I kept the weight loss. I like being officially Overweight vs. Obese. Bought new clothes, yay!  :) 

FitnessI DID ONE PUSHUP! And a partial of another. And then I slipped on my bike (wet cleat) and bruised my shoulder, so I have to take it easy. But I'm sure I'll heal quickly. Up to 10/10/10 knee pushups, rest incline (15 per set).

Dairy: REALLY barely made it! 7 servings this week. I folded and decided to have yogurt as dessert. It's fine.  

Writing: Nothing. 0. Zip. I'm going to try to make up some ground this week. I think it's interesting that when I decided I could "make up" hours, I actually did worse at this item. Subconscious, I'm looking at you! 

Healing yoga: Still daily. I like my goal of not missing a single day

Walk to Mordor progress

Day 31 (Sunday): 0 miles. No excuses. Yes, it was cold and rainy, but I wanted a day off. I got lots of closets cleaned!

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

Wow, you are ROCKING this challenge! Way to go with the push-ups, that is so amazing! Well done!

blogheader.jpg

Some awesomeness for you from 4 of my favourite fandoms!

• Like 2

Level: 8   Race: Wood Elf   Class: Ranger at Heart -  Training with the Adventurers

Current Adventure: A New Hope

Past Challenges: 1st  âœ² 2nd âœ² 3rd ✲ 4th ✲ 5th âœ² 6th âœ² 7th  âœ² 8th âœ² 9th

“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams†- Eleventh Doctor

Woot Woot! Congrats on the push up! Before you know it you'll be multiple reps of full push ups like a boss.

Fantastic week 4, keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Woot Woot! Congrats on the push up! Before you know it you'll be multiple reps of full push ups like a boss.

May it be so, BC! Or, to quote Picard from Tundralily above, "Make it so." :)

Thanks, everyone! I will work hard to not disappoint. 

• Like 1

Level 9 Ranger

May it be so, BC! Or, to quote Picard from Tundralily above, "Make it so." :)

Thanks, everyone! I will work hard to not disappoint. 

You could never disappoint as long as you keep trying!  And you're doing fabulous, so I know I can come here for success stories anytime!!! :love_heart:

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

You could never disappoint as long as you keep trying!  And you're doing fabulous, so I know I can come here for success stories anytime!!! :love_heart:

Oh, the pressure. :tongue: LOL, no worries. I'm in this to WIN!!!!

You're doing great! Hope the shoulder is better soon.

It already does feel a bit better. Tomorrow is pushup day, so I'll let you know how I do!

Walk to Mordor progress

Day 32-33 (Tuesday): 1 mile. We have reached Stock. Pippin dived straight into the Golden Perch and he's now dancing and singing on the tables. These hobbits have amazing capacity. 

While everybody was drinking, I got in another 12 miles or so on Ruby. The days are shortening fast, but I'm still loving the autumn. 

Day 34: 1/2 mile. Didn't go anywhere. I just kept stepping out of the Golden Perch when the singing got really loud and obnoxious. Sam and Merry are taste-testing every brew in the house in every conceivable order, to see if they can detect the difference. Pippin and Frodo have collapsed in the corner singing Elven songs. At least, Frodo is. I think Pippin is just whimpering. 

• Like 4

Level 9 Ranger

In my Friday workout, I did TWO WHOLE PUSHUPS in the same workout routine. I have to admit, I was as surprised when I pushed the second one out as when I got the first one. I kind of looked down and said, Huh! I'm up-- who'd a thunk? (not me!)    :D

I am chuffed. Just think of what I can do when the shoulder completely heals. It's mending quickly, as expected, but still not 100%. I'm trying to be smarter about letting myself heal; it's actually a side-quest of mine this challenge. And it's actually working. Huh! Common sense, meet Harihead. :)

Walk to Mordor progress

Day 35-36 (Friday): 2 miles total. We decided to veer from the direct course and drop in on old Farmer Maggot. Merry swears mushrooms are a great cure for having, perhaps, slightly over-indulged in ale.

Many mushrooms later: Nope, mushrooms are not a cure. But MAN are they good! Mrs. Maggot is a genius. Excuse me. (Off to eat more mushrooms.)

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

Sorry about the bike crash.  Awesomeness on the push-ups and the new clothes!!

Thanks so much, Forkboy! I continue to heal apace. It won't be long before I forget all about it. Most of the bruises have faded, also. 

Week 5 Challenge Round-Up: 

Main Quest: No change, but holding. I feel fab in my new clothes.  :) 

FitnessI DID TWO PUSHUPS! You know what this means. I have to try to do 3 in my routine next week. I do a reverse pushup, try to do a pushup (and succeed maybe 20% of the time), then do knee pushups to failure, and then do incline up to 16 per set. It's working!

Dairy: Much better. 5 servings this week despite eating out for several events. I think I'm getting smarter about avoiding dairy in the real world.  

Writing: This is still my Achilles heel. I'm going to try to get some hours in today, but my various groups have me hopping. I really need to get my websites updated before next weekend. I do want to try to write a short story today; let's hope that happens!

Healing yoga: 100% since beginning except for missing that single day. Keep it up!

Walk to Mordor progress

Day 36-37 (Sunday): 0 miles. The Maggots invited all of us to stay for the weekend so we did, glutting ourselves on mushrooms and telling hilarious tales until we're all falling around weeping with laughter. Great weekend. I do expect to take Ruby out for a spin this afternoon. 

Later: 13 miles on Ruby on another glorious day. I passed 9 other riders on the Road. Thank the Valar they were not all gathered together under their terrible Chieftain, or I would not have been able to withstand them. 

• Like 2

Level 9 Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines