Flea has commitment issues. (Now with 100% more goals!)

fleaball

So my last challenge fizzled out brilliantly. But we're not going to focus on that. We're going to focus on building regular habits and getting our shit together. Woo! And apparently we're using the royal we too. That's cool. 

This challenge comes at the best and yet possibly worst time for overhauling my life. Best because I'm starting grad school (ahhhhhhhh!) in a new country and get to reinvent myself and it should be make of awesome sauce. Worst because oops, the challenge starts the day before I get on the plane. So the first few days if not the first week could be a wash thanks to 24+ hours of travel time, getting adjusted in my flat, whirlwind orientation activities, etc. Gross. 

Main goal: Create healthy habits and stick with them.

Goal 1: Build a batkitchen! (1 WIS, 2 CON)

• (It's late, stop judging me.)
  • All the stores here have weird hours and the closest supermarkets aren't all that close, ergo no last-minute food runs. 
  • I'm sharing a kitchen (including fridge space!) with 7 other people, which makes storing things interesting. 
  • If I'm to survive the next year here, I need to get my shit together and come up with a shopping routine, recipes that are easy/nutritious/cheap, and avoid the temptation to either skip meals bc I'm too lazy to cook or blow all my money on shitty campus food. Yikes. 
  • Grade will be assigned at the end as this is pretty much an ongoing process. 

Goal 2: Exercise for 20 minutes 3 times per week. (2 STA, 1 STR, 1 DEX)

• Anything goes: yoga, BBWW, running, swimming, whatever.
  • Since the focus here is on building habits, I just need to get moving and do something. Next challenge I'll pick a specific workout.
  • A = 3x/wk, B = 2x/wk, etc.

Goal 3: Meditate after waking up. (3 WIS)

• Did this before for a previous challenge and it was awesome. Once it stopped being a challenge goal I fizzled out a bit. 
  • Doing it first thing in the morning started the day off in the right mood. 
  • A = 7x/wk, B = 6x, etc.

Life Goal: Go to at least one social event per week. (4 CHA, 1 WIS)

• People scare me and I am terrible about going to things with people I don't know. But not having friends for an entire year would suck.
  • Putting myself out there on a regular basis means I get to meet new people, practice new skills, and maybe make some friends and have some fun. 
  • A = 6, B = 5, C = 4, fail < 4

I'm pretty terrible at sticking with things, hence the thread title. I'm not sure if I get bored easily or if I just have unreasonable expectations and lose interest once I realize things won't happen the way I want them to. Who knows, maybe I'll figure it out this time. I definitely need regular habits to help me stay on top of shit after 4 years out of school. And to take up my free time, because there's a whole lot less class time than I'm used to and as of right now I'm not working. @_@ 

Goals are obviously under construction and stat points will be assigned once goals are settled on. I may start the food & fitness goals in week 2 and spend week 1 building my batcave. We'll see.

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Flea, can I just say how much I admire your dedication to being more dedicated? I think I've seen at least 5 challenge threads from you now that start with "so I'm bad at doing things" or, "last challenge I fell down." I'm here to call bullshit on your thread title. You've been in every challenge of 2014. And every challenge you take lessons from the last one. You attack every challenge with a plan. Ok, so maybe you don't have the stamina for a perfect 6 weeks, yet, but damn dude you have some serious perseverance! You just keep picking yourself back up and coming back for more. That's commitment. And its making a difference. Every time you stand back up, you're better. 

Besides, it wouldn't be a challenge if you could be perfect every time. One of my favorite coaches used to say "If it was easy, everybody would be good." Keep doing the hard things in the hard times. Go kick grad school's ass and have fun reinventing yourself. Proud of you dude. 

• Like 6

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

Flea, can I just say how much I admire your dedication to being more dedicated? I think I've seen at least 5 challenge threads from you now that start with "so I'm bad at doing things" or, "last challenge I fell down." I'm here to call bullshit on your thread title. You've been in every challenge of 2014. And every challenge you take lessons from the last one. You attack every challenge with a plan. Ok, so maybe you don't have the stamina for a perfect 6 weeks, yet, but damn dude you have some serious perseverance! You just keep picking yourself back up and coming back for more. That's commitment. And its making a difference. Every time you stand back up, you're better. 

Besides, it wouldn't be a challenge if you could be perfect every time. One of my favorite coaches used to say "If it was easy, everybody would be good." Keep doing the hard things in the hard times. Go kick grad school's ass and have fun reinventing yourself. Proud of you dude. 

OH MY GOD YOU'RE ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE! I'm ridiculously excited that you're back right now! *squee* Are you back forever or are there more bodies to hide in the forest?

And wow, thank you for that. I actually teared up a little reading it. ^^; 

Whatever glorious macro/gif you posted seems to be broken and the suspense is killing me. D:

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Oh, I'm back back. And just in time it looks like! I'll have to get a challenge thrown together so I can join you on this one. I'll probably end up with similar build my batcave, make some grad school friends, stay on top of my shit goals.

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

Woohoo!

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

stalkercat.jpg

*Pounces RedCedar....you're heeeeeeeeere!! :) 

the_happy_dance_by_steverowlands.gif

• Like 2

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for

Current: RES: CRUSTED is the only acronym I can come up with for this

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 71

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|

My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet | My BlogMyFitnessPal |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Flea you are the best and I am terribly excited for your journey to the UK :D I am going to live through you okay? :tongue: Cross off the "live in random country for x amount of years" off my list haha. It seems my challenge is going to go along the same theme as yours.. Habit building and dedication. 

You can totally live through me! I'm cool with that. :)

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Flea you are the best and I am terribly excited for your journey to the UK :D I am going to live through you okay? :tongue: Cross off the "live in random country for x amount of years" off my list haha. It seems my challenge is going to go along the same theme as yours.. Habit building and dedication. 

She needs to fit us in her suitcases....

• Like 1

Spoiler

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|68|69|70|71|72|73|74|

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I'll just pull a Mary Poppins and you guys can just jump in with all the rest of my stuff. :)

Haaaaaay guess what. Remember that blogging position I was bitching about applying for at the beginning of August? Guess who got iiiiiiiit! =D

• Like 3

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I'll just pull a Mary Poppins and you guys can just jump in with all the rest of my stuff. :)

Haaaaaay guess what. Remember that blogging position I was bitching about applying for at the beginning of August? Guess who got iiiiiiiit! =D

Sounds like a plan! 

Yay.gifProud of you gal!!

Spoiler

Thanks ladies! =D 

Ugggggh so I actually thought I was going to have extra room in my suitcases. But my bed is currently covered in more clothing than I knew I owned. Oops?

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Wow. I'm disappointed in everyone. How is that the first time a Doctor Who reference has been made?! (I've never watched it, but still.) A thousand points to you!

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

I second RedCedar. You are committed to NerdFitness. You're committed to us!  :D You keep coming back, staying in touch even if the challenge isn't going well, and putting your best foot forward. 

Keep your chin up! School is going to rock. You're going to be a shining example of social and physical fitness. ;) 

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Hahaha thanks, I hope so. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Thank you ma'am! Details will be shared for sure. If I set up my own blog I'll drop the link here too. (I'll probably wind up doing it just to make my mother stop asking. We'll see.)

Since I'm currently remembering 3409832654 last minute things to do and don't know what the internet situation will be like when I'm traveling, here's what I'm doing so nobody worries. :) 

- Leaving Boston at 2:35 EST on Tuesday. 

- Chilling (ha!) in Iceland for 8 hours, then flying to Manchester, England, and landing at 11:35a local time. (I think you have to pay for wifi there, but if it's free I'll totally be online.)

- Taking a ~5 hour train ride, but which train I take depends on how long it takes to get through customs. (Which can be a few minutes to several hours. Yikes!)

- Hopefully I'll be in my room no later than 7p there/2p EST. I should have internet as soon as I get there, so I'll pop on and let you know I'm still alive. :)

Now if you'll excuse me, I just remembered a dozen more things I need to find and pack. I'm packing too much and I know it. Argh.

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Hahaha well you have a year, no worries. ;)

Level 69 Battle Kitten

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines