Missrebecca; Becoming Rita Lin

rita lin

Last challenge I had just started my career as a pharmacist (baby pharmacist...give me another 40 weeks), and so it was all about maintenance.  Building habits, getting into the rhythm of work, while also passing my level 2 roller derby skills. It was a whopping success :D

This challenge is all about change. 

Main Goal: Lose weight (& pass level 3 min skills)

It seems a little...simple. I don't have a target weight, but I am choosing to base my weight loss off my BMI. While I know it's not the most reliable marker of healthy weight, for someone like me who is more jiggle than muscle, it's satisfactory.

Current BMI: 25.5

Target BMI: 23(ish)

Starting weight: 69.6kg (153lb)

Ideally I would like to get down to about 60kg. Whether I can do that has yet to be seen.

And this is all part of becoming Rita Lin (my hopeful derby name). I need to lose weight, get fit, and pass through those minimum skills.

Quests:

• Attend all Wednesday roller derby sessions - This is a given. It'll help me keep fit, lose weight, and get me towards becoming Rita Lin, that min skills passed skater.
  • Pack a healthy lunch for work - I got into this habit last challenge and I did really well. I've also taken to having a protein shake at about 11am, as that stops me eating too much on my lunch. Lunch should hopefully be made up of pasta or salad, and one snack that should be either cheese or fruit. That's the idea anyway.
  • Workout twice a week - incorporating both strength and cardio. This is open to interpretation. Ideally I'll go to the gym twice, as I've paid for membership, however I'm going to count Sunday skating sessions in this, and will also count them as my extra workouts.

Throughout all of this I must also continue doing my physio every day. 

I'm hoping that I can succeed this challenge, because hopefully I'll be moving into my first house at some point in the next six weeks. Cross fingers it won't put a spanner in the works :)

I'll post some before pictures tomorrow if i'm feeling brave.

• Like 3

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

STR:19 ~ DEX:6 ~ CON:21 ~ WIS:20 ~ STA:12 ~ CHA:9

Current Challenge - Previous Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies within 10 feet of the pack."

Woo, go missrebecca! Diggin' the music and really solid goals you've got there, good luck on your challenge this time around. Rita Lin sounds like a wordplay on some medicine's name, which would be awesome for a rolling pharmacist :D

Haha it totally is. My name had to be to do with drugs, I toyed with Beth Amphetamine or Morphine Molly, but Rita Lin is also a play on my actual initials so I've gone with that. 

Thanks!

I'm new to the Rangers - pleased to meet you!

Good luck on your goals - they seem well-rounded and manageable! ^.^

Thanks and nice to meet you too! 

Hey Missrebecca, good luck this challenge lovely! I know you will kick ass as per!

:D Cheers me dears!

Great challenge. Good luck!

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

hey there my rolling queen! - you've moved up from princess!

I've subbed!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Aww thank you! I'm in the process of catching up on everyone's challenges xD

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Here we go. Being brave. Not the best quality image, but maybe that's better?

46f0472f-bd27-44ed-86ec-99ecd4b918c2.jpg  0595ac7e-ba0c-4c7a-8476-9be299350963.jpg

There are parts of me I'm proud of when I look at these images. My waist, for instance, and my shoulders...and my bum :) I love my big bum.

Wish I was less lumpy bumpy though, no matter what my fiance says lol. hopefully at the end of 6 weeks, I'll be able to see a bit of a difference :)

• Like 2

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Look you glow!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

haha I do!

I love the name!

And I have a curiosity question. At what time do you have lunch?

You said that you will drink a protein shake at 11am, this is almost my lunch time! :tongue:

Thanks :D My lunch break is from 1pm till 2pm - I work 9-6pm. 11am is generally just as we're putting the order away which is tiring work & tends to make me hungry lol

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Day 1 done. 

Had a decent day. Porridge for breakfast, pasta w/ mushrooms & tomatoes for lunch, chicken stew for tea. Will be having leftovers for lunch tomorrow. One of the girls bought flapjacks though...not good. I have no willpower, obviously.

I've taken to doing my physio - squats, lunges and stretches during my toilet breaks (we drink a LOT of tea in the pharmacy), so hopefully this will help with my knee pain. It wasn't made any better today by me going over on my ankle in the dispensary, was in pain for the rest of the day.

Didn't make it to the gym, obviously being in pain it would have been a bad idea, going to try and get there tomorrow night instead. Also won't be skating this week as it's Rob's birthday on Wednesday and we're out for a meal (must eat lots of veggies!)

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Day 2: The flapjacks had thankfully gone today. I've ran out of my protein shake though, and my new one is at Rob's house...I'm definitely missing it. I'm snacking more than I should be an eating more on my lunch than I'd like. Not good when I'm actually trying to lose weight.

Continued doing squats in the loo, and did my physio tonight. Had tons of pre-reg work to do tonight so couldn't get to the gym, but I still had a productive night, so I don't mind :)

Out for tea tomorrow, yay :D

Also, just found this music video...yay for banked track derby!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34nOPR7OHng#t=31

• Like 1

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Do you not get to pick your own name in Derby then? Or do you just mean you hope you make it to the point where you get to have a name? Never seen derby in real life, but from videos i've seen it looks like a lot of fun!

Level 11 - World's Smallest Norn

Challenges: | Current |11 |10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Do you not get to pick your own name in Derby then? Or do you just mean you hope you make it to the point where you get to have a name? Never seen derby in real life, but from videos i've seen it looks like a lot of fun!

Yeah I've picked it :) but in our league you don't get to use your derby name until you've passed level 3 minimum skills :) it is a lot of fun! Frustrating and hard at times but great!

Level 8 Half Elf Ranger

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines