• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barfly

Barfly | What? Are you still here?

You’re still here?

Yeah, I’m still here. I kinda bailed on the last challenge, thought I needed a break. Not sure how I feel about that right now.

I like what I’ve been doing, challenge or no. I’m getting results, performance is improving, so I’m gonna keep on keepin on.
If there’s one thing I might add to this new challenge, that would be consistency (life get outta my way!), but shit happens…

I digress.

I will, however, quantitatively tighten up the parameters of my regimen quantitatively. I’ll post that later. I don’t think I’ve backslid – well, not in terms of fitness – appreciably these last 8 weeks. I’ll take some measurements and (maybe) pics, along with my current regimen at my earliest possible convenience.

It's convenient.

Goals:
To keep fit enough to the job I've chosen to do, and to be consistent in it's practice. To do that I need to:

Stay strong and swift on trail and off - rucking has been good to me lately, I'll keep that up (doing a Crossfit Endurance-type regimen) 3 times per week. So, 18 times total. +2 STA

Grading:
17 -18 rucks = A
15 - 16 rucks = B
13 - 14 rucks = C
<13 rucks = fail

Stay agile on the crags - pull-ups, push-ups, and squats is what I have been doing. These seem to work well...

Weighted pull-ups: The walk the plank program - thanks again for the link, Ash - using the same ruck sack (varies, 20-45#). I'm currently on phase 4, trying to get 8 chin-ups. (I can get 4 with 30#). Twice a week. So 12 total sessions. F--- it, let's go 3x. +1 DEX +1 STA

Grading:
Same as ruck.

Push-ups: I f------ love push-ups!!! 200/day, 5 days/week, 6 weeks. 6k total. +1 STR +1STA

Grading:
5400+ = A
4800+ = B
4200+ = C
<4200 = nope

Squats: dunno know, yet. Wearing the pack, tho. I'll think about this... +1 STR +1 STA

I'm sticking to 2000 - 2100 cal/day, but this won't be graded. I will however grade the results; -1 inch off waist = +2 CHA

Edit, again: almost forgot current stats:

Weight 175#

Waist 37"

• Like 7

Whooooo hoooooo!  ;)

Nice to have you back. And, of course I'm here. Barfly puts a thread up and you can bet I'll be there!  ^_^

If there’s one thing I might add to this new challenge, that would be consistency (life get outta my way!), but shit happens…

I digress.

Yep and yep.  ;)

• Like 1

Yay, he's back! :)

Whooooo hoooooo!  ;)

Nice to have you back. And, of course I'm here. Barfly puts a thread up and you can bet I'll be there!  ^_^

Yep and yep.  ;)

Aww, thanks guys. It's good to be back :)

• Like 2

Hi, sweetie, I've been missing terribly your push-up numbers. Are you going to humble us again? ;)  Your goals aren't posted yet!!! smiley-girl-biting-fingernails.gif

Cara mia! Of course! I mean I'll be doing a few push-ups here and there ;)

• Like 1

tumblr_lvrf58vBkL1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png

FINALLY!

Holy doughnuts man, I was wondering when you'd make a thread! Consider yourself STALKERIZED!

Yaaaay, now I have another place to post more funny pictures!

• Like 2

tumblr_lvrf58vBkL1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png

FINALLY!

Holy doughnuts man, I was wondering when you'd make a thread! Consider yourself STALKERIZED!

Yaaaay, now I have another place to post more funny pictures!

Hi sweetie :)

• Like 1

I think I love squats as much as you love pushups so let me know if you have questions about variations :D

Hiiiiiii!!! I missed you! *hugs*

Ok, I will: I was trying to think of a good reps/sets/days per week scheme. What do you think?

Hey Barfly-

Thanks for pointing me to the Ranger forum. One of your goals is to Stay Agile on the Crags - how often do you get to go climbing?

Looks like a good set of goals; best of luck to you!

I'm on a search and rescue organization - technical rope rescue team. In that capacity? Too much ;)

We train monthly and I'm either in the gym or out with friends at least that often, so most weekends I'm doing something. Every other weekend, at the least.

Thanks. I've been doing the same/similar things for 2 or 3 challenges now. I just keep tweaking it,

HA!!! I wish I was drinking milk so it would have shot out of my nose!

Are you still up, or up already?

Ha! That would have been most awesome. Especially milk, because you don't want orange juice coming out your nose. Trust me. Stings like a WASP.

So, I checked your last goals, are you transferring some over to this challenge as well?  I think I saw a diet thing in there somewhere. I will totally help with that.

1143428-bigthumbnail.jpg

Ah, I was just up really really late. :P My bad.

• Like 4

Ha! That would have been most awesome. Especially milk, because you don't want orange juice coming out your nose. Trust me. Stings like a WASP.

So, I checked your last goals, are you transferring some over to this challenge as well?  I think I saw a diet thing in there somewhere. I will totally help with that.

1143428-bigthumbnail.jpg

Ah, I was just up really really late. :P My bad.

I am, I must.

I did.

It was working well during the last challenge, and the 8 weeks since. It's a good plan, the execution was just sloppy.

Sweet! I have a food log. Well, 2 really. One on what I plan on eating, and one on what I actually eat. Fiction and non fiction. They're on excel. I'll try to post them somewhere. I'm quite proud of them.

Yeah. I've been staying up way past my bedtime lately, too. Bad for ya. Increases cortisol.

• Like 2

Yeah. I've been staying up way past my bedtime lately, too. Bad for ya. Increases cortisol.

Its not all bad old man, everybody knows all the best things happen after midnight ;)

• Like 1

Oh, so it's old man now, is it? I'd stay and give you a tongue lashing, but it's time for the early bird special at the diner.

And, I have a coupon.

Whippersnapper...

• Like 2