• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Barfly

Barfly | What? Are you still here?

Tiger balm is the best, I need to get some again. Feeling alive again?

THIS.

So damn true.

Trust me, I got stuck for 11 non-stop hours of jewelry making last summer. That means a lot of time bent over a table just a little too low so I could carve waxes, or grind off sprus, or on a Dremel tool grinding off lines or rough spots, or bent over a sink scrubbing off the acid bath, and then it's off to the buffing wheel....... trust me, the next day, I nearly cried getting out of bed, my neck and shoulders were so stiff. And when I went back to do it all over again, my boss was like, "here, just rub on some of this pungent stuff."

Tiger Balm is amazing and I love it. Super good. It cures all the aches.

It is, until I can find some Dit Da Jow ;)

Yep, feeling good, and starting to get motivated again.

OMG YAAAAAY Now we can be in awe of your pushups again!

• Like 2

Even if it kills me? ;)

PSH, that's no biggie. I mean, we got Paladins and Clerics and even Druids on here!

If you die, we'll have you back to life before you can get more than 3 feet out of your body.

Spellcasters: Always there, because we care!

• Like 2

I only know of the evil Druid, to whom you go to seek atonement for your sins...

What? No no no.... that's Golgari. We're all about Selensya here!

(+10 nerd points if you understood that without resorting to google.)

No nerd points for me... :(

At least not for that. The Druid I refer to is from my SCA days; you would confess your sins through a screen on his tent and he would pronounce your penance - to be meted out by his equally evil altar maidens.

"TWO BROWN, ONE CLEAR!" he would shout, and his maidens would pour. You drank them in rapid succession, one of the maidens would clasp you by the shoulders and look into your eyes to see if you were still alive, or still had your soul, or something, and then shove you in the general direction of the landing strip.

If your sin was particularly heinous by the standards of your clan (and if you were not regularly drug tested at work) you might hear the dreaded "ONE GREEN!" All eyes turned toward you and then rapidly away, for you were a dead man and were treated like a ghost for the rest of the night.

But, that's kinda nerdy too...

• Like 1

...whut?

Sent from Tapatalk, all errors are the app's fault! ;-)

Oh, the SCA less about reenactment and more about drinking and debauchery back then...

• Like 1

Ok, these were actual things you had to drink in penance....

Exactly how shitfaced did you wind up at confession lol

Welll... I was a repeat offender...

• Like 1

No nerd points for me... :(

At least not for that. The Druid I refer to is from my SCA days; you would confess your sins through a screen on his tent and he would pronounce your penance - to be meted out by his equally evil altar maidens.

"TWO BROWN, ONE CLEAR!" he would shout, and his maidens would pour. You drank them in rapid succession, one of the maidens would clasp you by the shoulders and look into your eyes to see if you were still alive, or still had your soul, or something, and then shove you in the general direction of the landing strip.

If your sin was particularly heinous by the standards of your clan (and if you were not regularly drug tested at work) you might hear the dreaded "ONE GREEN!" All eyes turned toward you and then rapidly away, for you were a dead man and were treated like a ghost for the rest of the night.

But, that's kinda nerdy too...

...I had to admit, this took me a minute. And even then, I'm not sure I got it quite right. Well played, sir!

• Like 1