Barfly | What? Are you still here?

Barfly

Hiiiiiii!!! I missed you! *hugs*

Ok, I will: I was trying to think of a good reps/sets/days per week scheme. What do you think?

Depends on your goals, do you want to work up to something awesome like pistol squats? Or do you have a weight goal or do you want to stick to bodyweight squats? 

If your knees aren't too bad you can do this pistol squat progression: http://www.liftingrevolution.com/pistol-squat-progression/  You could do one variation per week then move onto the next level or focus on ability like the walk the plank progression. 

I'll think about some more options on my flight this afternoon ;) 

• Like 1

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

I'm going to wear the same rucksack as for my other exercises, but for all practical purposes they will be bodyweight.

My knees are good; I like that. Even if I don't get to pistols, I will be increasing in difficulty.

Ooh, where are you going (or did you already say and I wasn't paying attention? :P)

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

6k of push up sounds like an epic challenge! That's super awesome.

• Like 2

So, it's Thursday afternoon and I haven't posted on this challenge yet:

I'm a little behind in pushups, off by 100 or so. Looks like I'll be doing a few this Saturday

Pullups - right on target (I'm doing 3 sets, not 5. It's way too much strain on my shoulders and elbows with the weight)

Rucking - did one run, got another to do tonight (hill repeats, my favorite. no, seriously) if it's not too dark. Fingers crossed the meeting doesn't go long.

Squats... well... :-/

Foodwise, I'm a little over on calories; thought I'd take care of that this weekend, but I got invited to an MRA meeting (continental breakfast, bbq lunch. might have to be unsociable) and dinner with friends.

Sat and Sun, besides the socializing is looking like lots of running; ruck is 3x5k w/40# :P plus a few miles to sop up those extra calories.

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Doing well Barfly! :)

And I like the new profile pic.  ;)

Have an awesome day!

• Like 1

Level 6 Pixie Assassin Rangerish Adventurer
Current Challenge: Guess What??
Previous Challenges:

Spoiler

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th 12th 13th 14th  Battle Log
-We can't always change the things we've done, but we can change what we do next.

-I don't have a choice. I deserve a better life and this is what I have to do to get there.
-Whatever doesn't kill me....Had better start running.

I'm going to wear the same rucksack as for my other exercises, but for all practical purposes they will be bodyweight.

My knees are good; I like that. Even if I don't get to pistols, I will be increasing in difficulty.

Ooh, where are you going (or did you already say and I wasn't paying attention? :tongue:)

The ruck is a good way to load up :) I approve with two big thumbs up! I think the pistol work up is good because it gives you something different every week, I get bored doing the same thing!

I just went to Michigan for a supplier audit for a couple days, nothing too fun but a lot of chaos. Never take a connecting flight if possible, that's when shit goes sideways. If I'd driven it would've been 8 hrs but instead it took 12 hours to get there on three puddle jumping and delayed flights. 

I just noticed you didn't do any squats this week. Do them on the elevator or while you're teaching instead of using your arms squat down to write at the bottom of the chalk board, hahaha! 

• Like 1

Adventurer || Wood Elf

"omg I've got nerditis! Get it off, get it off!! Wait.... I think... I like it, I'll keep it :)"

Challenge: current

Blog about fitness and randomness but mostly food...

The ruck is a good way to load up :) I approve with two big thumbs up! I think the pistol work up is good because it gives you something different every week, I get bored doing the same thing!

I just went to Michigan for a supplier audit for a couple days, nothing too fun but a lot of chaos. Never take a connecting flight if possible, that's when shit goes sideways. If I'd driven it would've been 8 hrs but instead it took 12 hours to get there on three puddle jumping and delayed flights. 

I just noticed you didn't do any squats this week. Do them on the elevator or while you're teaching instead of using your arms squat down to write at the bottom of the chalk board, hahaha! 

yeah,,, i just haven't been able to squeeze one more thing in this week. lame excuse, i know.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Haha. Sorry (everybody). When I think about it, teachers and law enforcement DO talk in acronyms a lot. I usually just nod and smile when I hear a new one irl. I figure out what it means in context.

Could be dangerous, though. Someone asked me if I was a Men's Rights Activist recently when I said MRA.

Hey, I could be! Don't middle-aged white American males need more rights? C'mon now.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Could be dangerous, though. Someone asked me if I was a Men's Rights Activist recently when I said MRA. 

this is exactly what i thought of - MRA's are a thing people talk about in the circles i roll in. And not a good thing. 

Mountain rescue association sounds way more fun :) 

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

First week:

Great start; got all my push-ups, pull-ups and rucks done. Did not do the 3x5k Saturday due to time constraints, but got 5 miles in at about 14:06 each w/boots, utes and 40# pack.

Ended the week over on calories by a negligible amount, maybe 1.5 miles worth. I will erase that this week.

Edit: didn't do any squats. IOU 3x10 squats for 3 days...

• Like 1

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines