• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

image002.jpg

elevated bridge! I don't have weight on mine yet, but soon. The chain is really badass because the higher you go, the more weight you have to handle. Awesome!!

A_2B_Inverted_row_Article.jpg

This is about how low I am now. Trying to get lower, and lower!

Screen-shot-2014-06-12-at-7.31.03-PM-620

Just started this height as the usual height.

MUM! You doing great! :D

Teach me some upper body workouts :L

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

• Like 2

Thanks!

I think the Lat Pulldown (if you have access to one) is great. Plus the bodyweight ones are fantastic for strength and flexibility and balance. I'm heading to dexterity work real soon. I can do one or two lunges with my right foot out, but my left is still wobbly. Push ups and Inverted Rows are good. And, if you do some fly work (forward and reverse) it will do wonders for your shoulder blade area and shoulder position. Give it a shot and see what you like. Let me know!

• Like 1

.___. fancy english names. Lols. What?

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

.___. fancy english names. Lols. What?

Lat Pull down -- on a weight machine: arms overhead and bring down weight to your chest and slowly release back up. You sit with your torso angled back slightly (straight back though!).

Wide-Grip_Lat_Pulldown1.png

Inverted row: A pull up done at an angle, under the bar, so you don't have to lift your whole body weight.

Inverted_Row.png

Fly work: weight in both hands, and outstretched to your sides. Lean back on a bench. Lift weights up and click them together up in front of you. Keep your arms straight and then come back to beginning spot. Don't go too far back on your return. Then reverse it. Flip over on your stomach and lift from floor to parallel to your body off to the sides.

chest_Dumbbell_Flys.gif

W1 D7

Nice relaxing day with the little pup.

eat:

bowl of chicken cutlets and italian dressing, frozen turkey, carrots and potato meal, blueberry larabar, 2 gulps of ginger ale (man, it was nasty! LOL), and a good amount of water

workout/BW:

nothing - very short walk with pup which barely counts as a walk, let alone an exercise. ;-)

home:

I did something! YAY I spent an hour researching designs and layouts for the living room. I drew the room in excel and looked up images for bookcases and layouts. It's tough with 3 chairs, and a big desk, but I like some ideas that have come to mind. We'll see!

I am well. And controlling parts of my life that I had ignored for far too long. I'm ready to take complete responsibility for my life! I'm actually ready! Whoda thunk it?!

• Like 2

Mum! I am so proud of you! Wish me luck that I complete my studying goal x:

• Like 1

Great Week 1, here's to an awesome Week 2!! B)

Tricep dips are actually one of my favorite body weight exercises. I don't know why really. And inverted rows are a beast but a way to progress your way to a pull-up, I hear!!

• Like 2

W1 D7

Nice relaxing day with the little pup.

eat:

bowl of chicken cutlets and italian dressing, frozen turkey, carrots and potato meal, blueberry larabar, 2 gulps of ginger ale (man, it was nasty! LOL), and a good amount of water

workout/BW:

nothing - very short walk with pup which barely counts as a walk, let alone an exercise. ;-)

home:

I did something! YAY I spent an hour researching designs and layouts for the living room. I drew the room in excel and looked up images for bookcases and layouts. It's tough with 3 chairs, and a big desk, but I like some ideas that have come to mind. We'll see!

I am well. And controlling parts of my life that I had ignored for far too long. I'm ready to take complete responsibility for my life! I'm actually ready! Whoda thunk it?!

Woo hoo you!

This is wonderful. So glad to be along for your journey.

via smoke signals from my Fire

• Like 1

Mum! I am so proud of you! Wish me luck that I complete my studying goal x:

Thank you and Best of Luck with your studies! I have faith in you!

Great Week 1, here's to an awesome Week 2!! B)

Tricep dips are actually one of my favorite body weight exercises. I don't know why really. And inverted rows are a beast but a way to progress your way to a pull-up, I hear!!

I love doing things that show off my arms! I'm one of them! LOL at least in my own mirror! The inverted rows are indeed a good progression to a pull up. I'm working on getting my lat pull back to 150 pounds (last fall) and I want to lose around 35 more pounds before attempting a strict pull up. It'll happen. Thanks for your enthusiasm, enjoy your week, too.

Woo hoo you!

This is wonderful. So glad to be along for your journey.

via smoke signals from my Fire

Woo hoo me! LOL I'm so glad you're here!

W2 D1

eat:

kfc 10 chicken bites with honey mustard sauce, sm mashed potatoes with gravy, and water.

roast beef sandwich on pumpernickel with garlic mayo, tomatoes, onions, and pickles, and water.

long grain white rice and peas, and water

I tried a bite of a pumpkin caramel cookie a friend brought to a meeting. It smelled wonderful - pumpkin and nutmeg. It tasted blucky. I couldn't taste the cookie and it left a sugar coating in my mouth. Yuck!

workout/BW:

Walked 1.3 miles then walked/ran back on asphalt and cement. I realize I run faster outside, but not sure my breath is ready for it. And it's so much easier to stop when running outside than when I'm on the treadmill. I guess that's why outside training is always a good bet.

Home:

did a bit of thinking, but not a significant amount of time.

I'm glad I ran when I hadn't planned on it. I'm glad I ate the rice and peas. I'm glad the pup I'm sitting has bonded well with me. I'm glad to be living life as a truer form of me.

Cheers!

• Like 1

You are such an ass kicker :wub:

I miss a challenge or two and you just go off the rails with awesome!!! :D

Hey Bekah! Glad you came by. I've been in a real place of change for the last 9 months, as you know, and the changes are happening more consistently these days. I am so grateful for a chance to live life as me!

*hugs*

• Like 2

W2 D2

Today's weight: 213.5 pounds!! Wowzer, it's coming off!

eat:

ham and cheese croissant (tasty but mostly empty calories), 2 slices of banana bread, and water

chicken, rice, and peas, and water

workout/BW:

Rowing -- 5 mins with the last 45 secs at top speed

Goblet squat -- 35# 1x5

Lat Pulldown -- 100# 3x5 (last few weren't down to chest)

Squat -- 65# 3x5 (drop the bar the second rep in as I had forgotten to move the side bars so they were lower than me. Oops!)

Machine assist crunch -- 70# 2x5 and 1x10 alternating with...

Machine assist back press -- 70# 2x5 and 1x10

Inverted row -- lower chest height 1x4 (last two bad form -- too far under bar) 1x3 and 1x3 with half raises on last 2

Incline -- thigh high 1x5 with lst one bad form and 1x3 failed on 4, and 1x1 with fail on 2

Sprint -- 1 min run on treadmill at 6 mph

Mobility -- back, quads, butt, hams, and shin

Stretches -- quads, calves, hams, and shoulders

lots o sweat!!

Home:

nothing

I had an interview with a prospective pet sitter to help take gigs I can't because I'm already booked. Not terrible but hardly what I was looking for. Then I spoke with another woman on the phone just now and same thing. She can dog walk and do a few brief check ins, but no overnights. Ugh!

I tried to bathe the dog today and got nasty snarls and snaps. Okay! Not worth it!! lol

I want something more in my life. I want to get back to my writing. Really get back to it. I have a play that's basically done, but needs a new scene and a rewrite on the last scene. It's good and I'm confident people will like it. I just need to get into it again. We'll see!

• Like 2

I know, I really want to put some creative effort into my writing. SO! Tonight I will set my timer and write for an hour at the minimum. I'll post it if it ends up being for public consumption!!

Wish me luck!

• Like 1

That's super exciting that you're working on a play! I need to get back into creative writing myself. I miss my novel and now have a vague idea for another, separate one completely. After I finish moving and my show opens, I think!!

What's your play about, if you don't mind sharing! (I'm always hesitant to share my original works in any capacity, even just a blurb, so I completely understand if you don't want to!)

• Like 1

Sep-14                  plus/minus
Neck:          14 1/4        -0.5
Chest:         39 1/2        -2
Breast:        46 1/2       -2 3/4

Ribs:           43 3/8       -2 5/8
Waist:         46 1/2       -2 1/4
Hips:           46 1/2       -1 1/2
Up Thigh:   23 3/4        -1 1/4
Low Thigh: 21 1/4        -0.5
Calf:           16 1/2        -0.5
Bicep:         13 1/4       -1 1/4