• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

That's super exciting that you're working on a play! I need to get back into creative writing myself. I miss my novel and now have a vague idea for another, separate one completely. After I finish moving and my show opens, I think!!

What's your play about, if you don't mind sharing! (I'm always hesitant to share my original works in any capacity, even just a blurb, so I completely understand if you don't want to!)

It's a Quaker Lesbian Love Story

set in 1901 on an imaginary island off the Ipswitch shore of England.

• Like 2

It's a Quaker Lesbian Love Story

set in 1901 on an imaginary island off the Ipswitch shore of England.

Holy only.

I can't wait to read this.

Have you got a BA?

Have you considered going to Hollins University for a master's in playwriting?

via smoke signals from my Fire

omg I want to read this like burning! This sounds really cool and interesting!! :love_heart:

LOL you are good fro the ego! lol Maybe I'll post a scene.

Holy only.

I can't wait to read this.

Have you got a BA?

Have you considered going to Hollins University for a master's in playwriting?

I got a BS in General Studies because I was too scared to commit to writing and fail at it. I'm more confident now, but I don't know how it would fit in my life. But I do want to publish it, and others. I also write fiction and sci/fi and fantasy. I don't know...

Hollins is amazing for writers.

Apply.

It's my alma mater and I'll write you an alumna recommendation

Hollins is amazing for writers.

Apply.

It's my alma mater and I'll write you an alumna recommendation

No kidding? You haven't even read anything yet?

Pretty sure I won't have to write copyright, but hey these might one day be great. Here's what came to me tonight. Nothing is edited. I like to keep them fresh until my mind has a chance to mull things over. Comments are great. Or not, either way. Enjoy.

** = deliniates poem change

Dark garden hides icy frogs
Some places have keys
Nowhere in quiet sight
Seventeen geese fly at dawn
Day comes green with change
Cinnamon in breeze
Sharp bites at the mist
Leaving clear the water's edge
Red checkered blanket
A tired foot still holds up
Pecks at the door jam
A single black feather falls
Looking through the pages
though worn yellow and wrinkled
with coffee stains and foreign tongues
I sit covered in white
Not cocksure not bitter
But without sweetness
To cover my truth
I have inherited both paths
Sometimes I walk at night wondering where the stars might end up at dawn. Do midnight clouds find comfort in the brightness of the moon? The air turns my head, thinking of leaves or decay
It is no newness that greets me
Sometimes I wake at noon wondering how to leave a warm bed
Cushioned by the once full bowl, spoon resting empty at the bottom
Tissues crumpled and excused
There's no future here to keep me
Whiskers perk up and the smell is strong
How many steps will it take
To consume the treasure
Pinholes are proper piercings of pedagogy and prophet
Today wasn't yesterday even by a little
You'll say that again tomorrow

• Like 3

W2 D3

eat:

carrot larabar, banana, tuna fish, pumpkin spice bagel and cream cheese, more tuna, and water

workout/BW:

short hike with dog, more stretching my quads after yesterday's w-o

practiced lunges - I'm doing them by stepping ahead, but onto a step up so I don't have to go down too far yet. I did four of each, focusing on where my knee goes over my toes, like in my squats. Not too bad this time, there's hope! lol

home:

I bought some more marbles and a few shirts - one to grow down to (a Grace Potter and the Nocturns t-shirt!)

Hum, the writing that I posted above.

No home stuff although I did look around the second-hand store that I was at for the marbles and t-shirts. Nothing this time.

That is all for now, cheers.

• Like 1

Love your poems! 

Sometimes I walk at night wondering where the stars might end up at dawn. Do midnight clouds find comfort in the brightness of the moon? The air turns my head, thinking of leaves or decay

It is no newness that greets me

Sometimes I wake at noon wondering how to leave a warm bed

Cushioned by the once full bowl, spoon resting empty at the bottom

Tissues crumpled and excused

There's no future here to keep me

This one is my favorite one of the bunch, methinks. Though the cat one made me smile a lot, too!  :tiger:

• Like 1

Today wasn't yesterday even by a little

You'll say that again tomorrow.

I couldn't, at first, figure out why 'by a little' kept coming to mind. But I like how it ended up.

Love your poems! 

This one is my favorite one of the bunch, methinks. Though the cat one made me smile a lot, too!  :tiger:

This one was kinda cool. I had just taken the dog out to the back yard and the clouds were breaking apart. The stars seemed so much further away than usual.

Oh my gosh, I didn't know you did creative writing. Awesome!

Oh, yea. It's my love. It's why I talk to myself outloud and fantasize all the time. lol

• Like 1

W2 D4

eat:

2 pumpkin bagels with cream cheese, carrot larabar, chicken and peas, and water

* I tossed the cream cheese this afternoon. It makes me feel heavy and tired. I don't think my body wants to break down creams anymore. I drank so much milk, my digestion is tired. So, another thing on the 'never again' list. If it's a small ingredient that's one thing, but otherwise it will be a no-go.

workout/BW:

hike/run with Willow

1.2 miles up and down a lot of steep hills. It was quick, but intense.

Was going to try more lunges, but my quads were sore before the hike and I really wanted that more than lunge practice.

home:

went home to get a couple things, but I was so tired I just listened to some Eminem and laid in bed for an hour. Don't know what to do about this. I'm done this job at the end of the month, maybe something will happen then.

Nite!

W2 D5

eat:

salad, meatloaf, and water

quarter pounder with cheese and water

meatballs with long grain white rice risotto with peas, onions, carrots, and kale.

workout/BW:

PT with new person -- worked on hip, butt, and leg release work with mobility. I have an extremely tight butt, and no, not in a good way! ;->

home:

nothing

Wish I hadn't spent money at the VA cafe as the food is almost always subpar. I did get a nice lightweight sweatshirt and a Marine Corps t-shirt, and a cheap pair of headphones as earbuds hurt too much. I'm hoping I can run with them. I want to work on my pace outside. I'm going to run the bike path (asphalt) on Sunday. Tomorrow, I'll be headed to the gym for weight lifting, BW exercises, and a bunch of mobility!

Not sure how to judge my last few days. They seem like successful attempts at living. I know I push to want results, but I often miss the smaller results that need to happen in order to make the big ones doable and maintainable. So, saying no more to banana bread (at least at the level I was just doing) and cutting out cream cheese are actually good success markers that are important to recognize for the strength they give me to keep going.

I'm also pretty impressed with myself that I am being active in my own health care. I really like my new PC Doc, she's a resident at the VA hospital and she's really active with my case. I did the PT thing, I'll be doing the sleep study, I am getting the brakka blood test done, and...

I guess I'm in that place that I often overlook. I'm content and active. It's pretty awesome.

Thanks for being here with me!

Cheers

W2 D6

eat:

6 oz. shaved steak, maple walnut toast (2), spinach, red peppers, tomatoes, and cheddar cheese, fries with mayo, and a lot of water

left overs from yesterday's meatballs and rice risotto with peas, carrots, onions,and kale, and water

workout/BW:

row 5 mins -- 4 slow min and 1 fast

lat pulldowns -- 100# 3x5

squat -- 75# 3x5

bench press -- 85# 3, plus 2 assisted, then 80# 2x5 (some fails)

inverted rows -- chest height 3x5

ab crunch -- 70# 2x5, 1x10

back extension -- 90# 2x5, 1x10

box jumps -- 7" 3x5

treadmill -- 1 minute row at 5.5 mph

recline fly -- 24# 3x5

WTIs -- 4# 1x10 each

elevated bridges -- 3x20

massive amount of mobility on quads, hams, butt, and shins

home:

nothing, but...

aa64a60a7f00c1de300445b0166889b0.jpg

0c4809857bd9934b04fe0e0d269ae253.jpg

Dinner last two nights. Yes, leftovers! I amaze myself sometimes!

87c5efff26f08566ff0a5e99b72aeb7c.jpg

Fancy ass car in my parking lot yesterday. Wowzers!!

3848aa265903673141cab4966d394aa4.jpg

My incentive t-shirt! Grace Potter!!

Oh btw... New PR!!

Terinatum ran 2.4 miles nonstop in 34:16 minutes!!

WOOT for me damn it!! LOL

• Like 3

WOOT for you!!! :D:D:D 

and p.s. I LOVE your tablecloth! 

ha - I wish it was mine. I'm at a client/friend's home right now. I have a chiquaqua laying next to me as I type. I need to go check on you! Sorry it's been awhile. I'll be right over!

• Like 1

W2 D7

eat:

shaved beef, cheddar cheese, spinach, tomatoes, red peppers with fries and mayo, and lots of water AND a piece of pumpkin pie OMG it was good!

chicken cutlets and peas, and water

workout/BW:

3 incline push ups on rock wall (thigh height)

2.4 miles nonstop run avg'ing 3.5 to 5.5 mph, it took 34:16 minutes! It was awesome.

home:

nothing

I wrote a story this morning which was a lot of fun. I need to do laundry, but I guess that'll happen tomorrow. Good day.

Nite!

• Like 1

no worries :) Ask your client where she got the tablecloth :P 

Oh and how in the hell do you do those progress bars? I think seeing mine a zillion times a day may be motivating! 

• Like 1