Terinatum

no worries :) Ask your client where she got the tablecloth :tongue: 

Oh and how in the hell do you do those progress bars? I think seeing mine a zillion times a day may be motivating! 

I'm pretty certain she made it. She's a wiz when it comes to cloth anything. I'll let her know you're drooling over it!

The progress bar is put in your signature/post by clicking on the mini bar on the bottom tool bar, just right of center between the twitter button and the thinking cloud. Choose progress bar, then fill the windows in. The first one is the color you want, the next one is the percentage you want to show. I put a title to mine regularly before putting the bars on the next line. Have fun!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

I've completely lost track of your thread, but I just wanted to drop in and say I hope things are going great and that you are awesome! 

9d5f4ca426bfdc20ac1f425ff14f09e9.jpg

Thanks, SaNdYlIoN!!!

I hope things are going well for you, too. I think of you and 7FG often and it will be great to see you two in November. 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

A free write story with no editing. Whatda ya think?

Heritredies

She was suppose to kill him and then her hours ago, but her heart was screaming in her ears, and the wind seem to carry the voices of the slaughtered from generations before to her, now. Change the future, change the future. Heri didn't want to do the killing anyway, not really. She was loyal, of course, but why make her do the dirty stuff? She dealt with money and blackmail, not blood and guts. Perhaps, they want her to prove she can handle every aspect of the regime in order to get promoted. That would be amazing. To work with a General would be tantamount to having her own platoon, like Mosley. Mosley was amazing in all parts of her life. She could charm the dress off any woman, married or not, didn't matter. She could also dispatch of these two with an ease that would be scary to watch first hand. She has always said, she has compartments in her heart. They allow her to be whomever she needs in any situation. Heri wasn't like that, and lately she wasn't too upset by it.

The man was groveling again. The rag in his mouth wouldn't keep him from pleading. The woman was still unconscious. She was bruised and battered from the take down. Heri had to force her to the ground and  tie her in order to keep her from being spotted by the guards. They were lousy perimeter guards. Heri wonders why they bother anymore. The war is all but over. Of course then, why was she here getting completely unrelated training from some stick in the mud Lieutenant. Speaking of… The Lt.'s beard is distinguishable even at this distance. How on earth does he camouflage that mess, Heri wonders. Right, keep wondering and see how far the gets you up the ranks.

"Sgt. What is the problem? Did I miss other guards passing through? Be quick about this and let's keep moving. Light is already branching out pass the station. We have very little time to waste on ponderings."

How could he know? Distract.

"Yes sir. There was a supply vehicle passing and I got this to cover," pointing to the two captives. Do we have time to take their uniforms and weapons so we can slip in more subtly."

"Do we have time? I mean, this is supposed to be your trial, not mine. I merely walk beside and ensure you don't blow up too many things. Now, kill them and we'll take their uniforms. Hurry, Heri."

"Sir? How do I kill them and not get the uniforms bloody?"

"Oh dear Hemsha, my Lady. Why do I get these children? I have served you since manhood was delivered onto me. Ugh! Here!" The Lieutenant walks behind the male and before Heri can look away, dispatches him of his life. His head falls forward with momentum and the body slumps like a rag doll. The woman hasn't moved at all. The Lieutenant reaches for the woman, but doesn't deliver any blow, killing or otherwise.

"Well. You do get one kill to your name. Excuse me, little miss tackle-killer. What did you do, land on her." He moves off in the direction he came from, never looking again at the bodies on the deck.

"I killed? What?" She was alive when Heri had tied her up. She is certain. She wants to watch the woman and see what happens next, but a siren screeches through the air, startling her enough to jump. Instinct takes over and she is running through the dark with only one eye piece in place. There was easily one point off her score. The siren sounds louder as she continues down the passage way along the air tanks of this Quarter. She slows to a steady, even walk drawing little attention to her as she slips in to a crowd of people long enough to exit threw the starboard market alley. There are fewer people here than she likes. Not enough people means less hiding places. The sewer line is still under her feet, but soon the alley and the channels split up. She needs to get into the sewer maintenance tube and quick.

The Lieutenant is waiting by the tube door just up ahead. Heri switches sides and walks past without a glance. She stops up near a booth and looks, but feigns disinterest and crosses the platform and looks toward another booth. Heri stops short and checks her watch. She turns back the way she came and slips in next to the Lieutenant.

"All clear, sir. I'll go in first." She nods firmly, trying to regain any measure of respect. Probably a waste of time, but she doesn't like to give up. Ever.

• Like 3

The Way

Better Now than Later On

W3 D1

eat:

chicken cutlets and water

bbq pizza and water

workout/BW:

short walk listening to Eminem and pretending to do sign language to it. hahaha

3 incline push ups at thigh height. They are hard but I'm doing em.

oh, and a bit of rolling for my back this morning.

home/write:

home -- nothing

write -- free write up above

It's a finish up day so I did dishes, laundry, garbage and recycling, and packing. It's amazing how little I have to pack up in the kitchen as I've been eating what I brought!  ;-)

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

STRONG AND SENSITIVE: combo of the century! Woweee, mum :P

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Class and Profession: Rangers
Background: 25 year old Nerdling. Here to kick some health......butt?? I need to work on that.

Current Challenge: Hani Gets Back On The Health Choo-Choo

STRONG AND SENSITIVE: combo of the century! Woweee, mum :tongue:

This message was brought to you by "my five fingers and co."backed up by, "the jolt of electrical signals from my brain speeding through a network of nerves and ganglia".

Thanks! I have some idea where I want to go with it. I just didn't want to push the writing into something forced and not authentic. 

The Way

Better Now than Later On

They seem like successful attempts at living. I know I push to want results, but I often miss the smaller results that need to happen in order to make the big ones doable and maintainable.

Non-scale victories.  It's all about those breadcrumbs of little good things along the way to greatness.

BTW, liked the story. In my head I thought it was nighttime.

• Like 2

Love the free write!

via smoke signals from my Fire

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 ::

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

It's a Mabon vacation. :)

I'm so impressed with how far you have come.

Wasn't it last week that you decided become your own boss?

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Druid8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |:: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |:: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |:: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |:: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |:: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |:: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | :: 70 |

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Heidi Chronicles  NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed| MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent

Looks like your doin good on your goals and ideas.. keep it up.. :)

wish I had time to write.. (I USED TO... about 10 years ago... then I had kids.. lol)

heck.. don't even have D&D time yet.. lol

Yea when my boy was at home, it was damn near impossible. He's 27 now so I can't use him as an excuse anymore. LOL

The Way

Better Now than Later On

W3 D2

eat:

1 slice of banana bread, roast beef sandwich on pumpernickel with tomatoes, red onion, and pickles with garlic mayo, and water

carrot larabar and water

margarita pizza and water

workout/BW:

walk

3 incline push ups at thigh height

home:

home now -- but nothing

writing -- working on second character in the story I'm writing posted earlier.

IDK how I feel right now. Confused about how I feel. Don't know what to say...

The Way

Better Now than Later On

What's confusing you, dear?

Can we help?

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

***Please be warned. Possible TMI for folks: parental abuse issues.***

What's confusing you, dear?
Can we help?

I want to find a better relationship with my parents. The one I have now puts all the responsibility on me. I keep the boundaries (rules in place b/c of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse) and I'm sick of it. They either don't won't or can't hold to the rules in place. I'm done being the cop. They aren't likely to change their ways and I have to mourn that fact. I'm not an individual to them. I think they see, and use me, as an extension of them. A place to get their needs met.

I have forgiven them as much as I'm going to for my childhood, but the things they do now aren't acceptable. So where do I draw the line in my relationship? Do I say they can't come to my home? I won't be at theirs? Only meet in family groups? Never see each other, just talk on the phone? Never speak again?

I don't hate them, but I despise what they are doing. I feel no respect from them and I don't deserve it. I'm not the one who made terrible mistakes, they are. The rules were put in place by me 15 years ago. I have played cop trying to get them to adhere to them. After awhile I gave up trying, saying it wasn't that big of a deal. Now, I try to hold the boundaries, but being my mom's therapist for the last 40 years is a tough habit to break. I want to save her, make her a real mom for me to enjoy and love. It's not gonna happen. I want my dad to stop using me for physical comfort. He has no control over his behaviors.

I'm done making excuses for them both. I'm not putting up with it. But to what degree? How far away is enough for me to feel comfortable? A distance where I can feel their parental love, but not their personal, delusional needs.

I'm thinking this is the biggie issue that's left inside me. If I can remove the shame I have taken on as my own, then I can make the choices I want in my life to be healthy, successful, and content with myself. maybe I could even get rid of my anxiety and depression symptoms once and for all. Maybe I can finally say, "PTSD can suck it!!"

Thanks for asking and listening. I am ever grateful.

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Later On

The next installment of the free write from the page before. Enjoy.

Tieridie

Ridie opens the envelope and quickly estimates the currencies. Mostly older bills, with a few credits from the Outer Ring Conglomerate (ORC). Too bad, I won’t ever get out that way in this lifetime. She can't see the hunter she had worked with, but she knows he's out there, watching all this. She pulls her knife from the ribcage of the banker and wipes it on the dying man's sleeve, clean enough to resheathe.

"Don't worry, man, you won't be feeling any more pain in a bit." Ridie doesn't sound upset or angry, or anything. The man's eyes are open enough that the whites of his eyes still show his fear. "No one told you that doing this work would get you killed?" The man barely moved his head, but agreement was definite. "Sorry then. I don't like to kill innocents. I can either finish you or bandage your chest. I can't guarantee anyone will find you in time, but if you want to give it a shot, I don’t care." She watched his eyes dart around, searching for hope that she was serious. She shrugs her shoulders loosely and waits for some answer. The man puts one hand on the hole in his chest and tries to stem the bleeding.

"Alright then, here." She kneels down, avoiding any mess on her pants, and pulls her kit out. There isn't much left in it, but she doesn't skimp on the gauze. She stuffs the hole, tapes him up, and gives him a partial sedative. "I only want you to take this if you can't stand the pain. Wait it out as long as you can. This may make you too drowsy and you may miss someone coming along and then you won't have a chance. Okay?" The man nods once and winces. "Well, this is where I leave. You realize obviously, if you describe me in any way to a Footie, I will have someone at your door before you get out of the precinct?" The banker did everything he could to show absolute understanding and assurance that he would say nothing.

"Thank you." It comes out chocked and thin.

"Sure, no problem." Ridie gets up, glances around, unsurprised by the continued quiet. She turns to leave, throwing back one last comment. "Do yourself a favor, get out of dark banking." She smiles and steps off in the direction of her next kill.

The moons are beautiful this time of year. Ridie doesn't look so much as remembers them. She would chase her siblings in the tall grasses. She always found them all. Every time. The grass would be pretty tall this year with the abundance of rain they were having. Her father would be busy on the farm and her mother would be - well. Doing what Ridie was doing. Fighting the fight. Win or lose didn't matter anymore. Not to her mother. She had given up hope and was just out to make people pay. Her father would just shrug his shoulders much like Ridie just did, unconcerned. He lived in eternal ignorant bliss. He knew enough not to talk about his wife, to anyone. But, beyond that he just lived off the money and protection his wife afforded him. The rest of the brood is settled. The two boys with her father and one sister tending to their needs. It was crazy. Why care for the people that she was always complaining about? Torren would never give her a straight answer when she asked why she hadn't left yet. 'Oh, I'm just fine here. Everything is fine, Ridie, stop worrying.' Torren was a half blood. Common enough in the cities, enough so that they weren't called anything. But in the fields, it was one marriage, no changes. Ridie didn't miss anything, but the moons and her siblings.

The corridor was widening. Not what she remembers from the schematics. What the hell? Changes. She didn't like them either. They could be deadly. To her. The side of the air tank was covered with graffiti so she was still outside the Footie patrols, but too close to the market for her liking. She ducks under the tank supports and drops to the next level. Not as quiet as she would have liked, but she wasn't too concerned. Yet. I've got an hour to get to the next drop, that's plenty of ti-

The siren reeks havoc on Ridie's plans.  "Shite." She lifts her lithe body back up to the walkway. There is no way she could cut through the chambers. Footies would be all over there in no time. She heads to the market in hopes of getting lost in the crowd. But, the market isn’t full and she pauses near the alley entrance. Looking down one side of the market, she looks for agents or anyone out of the ordinary. Like him! A bearded old man walking way too intently catches her eye. She tracks his movements until he settles near a tube door. He pulls out a flask and drinks from it, quickly. He returns the flask and looks back the way he came. So. You have a friend with you, do you?

Ridie follows his gaze, but gets interrupted by a young girl sliding right past her spot. She's cute, and cute. Ridie shakes her head. Really, Rie, pay attention. She checks back on the old man, but he's distracted as well. He's watching the girl too. Gross. Except she realizes his eyes are judging, not appraising. The girl stops at a booth, quite randomly to Ridie's thinking. Sure enough, she doesn't stay at the booth long before slipping to the other side and back toward the bearded one. She moves lightly, almost elegantly. She actually looks out of place in a way, but Ridie can't figure out why. They get the door open and the girl heads in first.

Ridie sends a quick thank you to the moons and steps across the alley without hesitation. She lets the door close as it normally would and then pulls it open again slowly, letting in as little light as possible. She doesn't have any gear on, not like they did, so she would have to go much slower. They will outpace her which will work in her favor. Ridie brings the door closed with a whisper and turns to find their pale red light up ahead.

• Like 2

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Great story! Sorry things are so hard with the fam :/

Thanks, the story is coming petty easily which is a good sign that it will continue on. Yay!

Thank you. Fam stuff is so difficult to work through.

Also, thanks for keeping up with the calendar. I've been a very busy primeval

No worries mate!

The Way

Better Now than Later On

Will read soon, after I finish the morning routine with the kids.

Parental issues reminder: Adult children do not owe their parents anything. Period.

Hugs and love. Rant at me anytime. That's the beauty of this place.

• Like 1

&Heidi

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Paladin71 | 72 | 73 |

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines