• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dizz

Dizz - Juggler, Runner Extraordinaire!

I signed up for my 3rd 5K.... This will be my first one below 100F. This is a cross country  style race... even through part of a corn maze. :D

I ran 2.5 miles on Monday. Worked Tuesday. The plan is to run 2.5 miles today and a 4.5 mile hike on Friday... work in between.  I should be more than ready.

I wish I wasn't sore after a 14 hour work day. I got a foam roller this week. I think I'll try it out.  Any tips?http://www.azroadrunners.org/races/detail/pumpkin

I had a great time at this race. Lots of people and very friendly. It was a cross country 5K through farm fields and a corn maze. Maize maze? Anyway I am really proud of how I did. It was my first race below 100F... 70F in fact. I paced myself early and ran the whole way. Even carried brief conversations with other runners. Never been able to talk and run before.

I PRed. My last timed (only) 5K was 52 minutes. I crossed at 47 minutes on the clock. I was wearing a chip, so it might be shorter since I was in the rear of the pack. Results aren't out yet. That is at least 5 minutes off my PR time. WOOHOO!!!

Afterward, grabbed some bananas and cooled off. Checked out the petting zoo and then picked out a pumpkin. I found this wonderful warty pumpkin. I'm going to have to get creative with this one.

54e289b1be3c98310c5af3313d7102f7.jpg

2b6b6a8cb8448ee183528e381ed17cca.jpg

Stepped up my training run. 3 miles today and finally made it past the golf course I run through.

My muscles are twitchy, so I'm definitely challenging myself. Finished at about the same time as my 5k. Went through two zombies missions. Finished season one.

Saw a cute woolly bear caterpillar. Never seen a stripy one before.

9ec1ebbb01ac902b756fd2f2d8f45a8f.jpg

Spent the last few days working.  I am driving 4 hours up to Show Low (mountain country) today for a work meeting for the next two days.  IIt's pretty up there. Looking forward to checking out the trails.  I will either hike or run, depending on what I find.  After the work is done, I'm going to the Petrified Forest for another day.  I am super excited.

The petrified forest has lots of petrified wood (duh!), fossils, canyons and the Painted Desert.  I promise pictures!  There is also an amazing rock shop tourist trap that I intend to visit.   Oh, and I found a hotel with free breakfast for $50.   :redface:

Ok, so here it is.. I reached 100 miles running this week! I started in February and made it 100 miles. Woohoo!

On my trip, I did a 1 mile walk the day I got there. I did a 1 mile hike the next day after the meeting on a pretty trail. I went to the Petrified Forest/Painted Desert while I was up there. I did a few short hikes while I was there, 2.2 miles altogether in the park, one mile of it was fairly vigorous with a steep descent/ascent. I was pretty winded too. All of this was at 6000 ft elevation, while I'm used to 2500 ft elevation.... my legs felt like they were made of lead.

PF was stunning! Very few plants in most of it... due to the heavy clay. There were ruins of a 100 room village and petroglyphs. (pictures in stone)

c4c04b27bf64989dd3a0cd00119e6807.jpg

73acee24309b6e3d452f38242a47fc96.jpg

5bb58b5374411ad4ebd0f467ad6cea01.jpg

• Like 2

As promised...

CON: +1 I think I did well this challenge.  I increased my distance, ran a 5K race the whole way.  Achieved 100 miles ran this year.  I am now training at 3 miles instead of just a race distance.  My muscles are still adapting to it.

STR: 0  I didn't touch my strength goal... oh well.  

DEX: +1 I met my DEX goal though. It's a lot smoother than It used to be.  I went to a juggling festival and leveled up in general. I "crossed over" to advanced level in contact juggling, as declared by one of the masters in the trade. :)

Weight: 210 lbs   -1 lb

Waist:   34 inches

Hip: 46 in

Arm: 14 in

Thigh 24 in -1 in

Calf: 17.5  -0.5in

Great vid, Dizz! I really enjoyed it. And you leveled up at the festival? Congrats! Yay for juggling.

I'm happy for you and your running. Looks like it's progressing really well.

Any ideas of what you want to do with strength work next time?

Really good challenge, congrats!

Loved seeing your photos of the Show Low area and Painted Desert/Petrified Forest. Did a lot of surveying up in that area a few years back. Beautiful country.

Awesome on leveling up on the contact juggling and hitting the 5K PR!