• Start adding mild stretches once my legs stop hurting

Coming out of cyber-space

• Work on getting the house clean and organized
  • Do an activity that doesn't involve computer interaction

Bonus activities

• Start preparing to blog
  • Revise the chore list

Notes for next challenge:

I think next challenge I need to work on a food waste goal.  It's been a problem that started creeping in over the last couple months, so by the end of this challenge I need to clean out the fridge and start working on a plan.  Also, I think I should prepare to get into a "pristine kitchen" goal, (knives washed and hung, cutting boards clean and in their holders, big frying pan and lid can live on the stove but they need to be clean, figure out what to do with the small frying pan and lid because they're constantly dirty,) which should make life easier.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Let's see, last challenge I quit because I liked not paying attention to what day it was.  When hubby came back, I had to have some awareness of schedule, but I kept drifting without pattern.  So I think one thing I should do is acknowledge each day.  I shall begin each day by making at least one pot of tea.  With luck, I can keep one teapot active enough so that it doesn't need a trip through the dishwasher.  I shall also again account what I did every day.

A goal I want to work towards is getting the house to the point where I can just go through a daily and weekly chore list and have the entire place be comfortable and reasonably clean.  Eventually I want to have a consistent amount of work to be done and be able to get through my list in a predictable amount of time.  I'm probably not going to arrive in six weeks, but we'll see what happens.  I also want to prepare to do an organization blog similar to "A Slob Comes Clean" because there aren't enough blogs by people who aren't naturally good at keeping things under control.

When my ankle was freshly hurt, I needed to be in the recliner instead of my desk for a while.  I found a cross-stitch kit and realized that being away from the computer was good for me.  A couple of times per week, I need to do something tactile.  I can watch tv or have a podcast running, or have the instructions for the project on the screen instead of printing them out, but my hands need to be off the keyboard and mouse for the most part.  I can color, embroider, origami, play a game with physical pieces, stack blocks, etc.

I'll probably add more mini-goals if the house-control goes well.  I'll probably restart my daily and weekly chores list at some point.  Also, if I get enough space, I should make an outfit or two. 

Edit: I re-read my fourth challenge, and I was about at this point last year, but now I have my husband.  Here's hoping it works out better this time, though my goals aren't so lofty.

More editing: my calves are so tight that they hurt, and I can barely get my socks on or trim my toenails.  I need to work on flexibility.

• Like 1

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

I'm looking at my living room and wondering what happened.  Two days ago, it was trashed.

We moved the top of the table into the storage room so I wouldn't knock it over while cleaning.  (Really need to screw it to the bases.)  Then I started boxing things up, moving furniture so that I could sweep the floor underneath, chucking things into the storage room...  Seems like most of the mess was junkmail and weird stuff that doesn't have places.  Hubby had gotten a filing cabinet for his beer bottles and I ordered shelving in addition to what was freed up by the moved beer.

I made two pots of tea.  I didn't do anything quiet away from my computer, but I did find more ideas for things to do.

And I'm bummed.

• Like 2

I'm looking at my living room and wondering what happened.  Two days ago, it was trashed.

We moved the top of the table into the storage room so I wouldn't knock it over while cleaning.  (Really need to screw it to the bases.)  Then I started boxing things up, moving furniture so that I could sweep the floor underneath, chucking things into the storage room...  Seems like most of the mess was junkmail and weird stuff that doesn't have places.  Hubby had gotten a filing cabinet for his beer bottles and I ordered shelving in addition to what was freed up by the moved beer.

I made two pots of tea.  I didn't do anything quiet away from my computer, but I did find more ideas for things to do.

And I'm bummed.

Woot! That's great. Except for the "And I'm bummed" part. That looks like you've had a good day with successful actions, why are you bummed? :(

Have to tidy up my room also for days hope I finally manage it tomorrow.

"The purpose of life is to be happy." - Tendzin Gyatsho, the 14th Dalai Lama 

Character

Bummed is a range of states from "bored" to "no energy" to "a light version of depression that can be broken with the right stimulus."  I was at both ends of that scale last night, mostly because I couldn't find anything interesting on Netflix.

Yesterday I finished my cross-stitch project, but I couldn't figure out how to get a picture up.  Today I played with two of my crystal puzzles.  I didn't make a pot of tea, but I had a mostly-full pot from yesterday that I drank.  Tomorrow is green tea since both my creamers are dirty. 

I went to the grocery store for just a few items and treated myself to a "hens and chicks" plant.  I need to find a container for it later this week, and eventually some pretty sand.  I also treated myself to a package of cheap sushi and a candy bar.  For some reason, I keep buying candy even though I don't like it and it just goes stale. 

I got the living room dust bunnies sorted from the stuff that doesn't go in the garbage, which is a really irritating task.  I think one of my cats ate a huge dust bunny, so I'm expecting a nasty hairball later.

My creamers were clean before noon and I still didn't get around to making tea.  Didn't have any leftover either, so no tea.  Didn't do any handicrafts, not even properly appreciating the touch-trinkets that I moved.  (Touch-trinkets are bits of junk that are interesting to feel as well as look at.)  Though rubber stamps are prettier to the eyes than the fingers.

I cycled the dishwasher from clean through clean to dirty.  I puttered around with the household junk in such a way where it doesn't feel like I did a lot, but there is a visible change.

I did take pictures of the rooms I have cleaned recently, thought about the blog and figured I probably wouldn't use the photos.  Scoring housework by results instead of effort makes the day not be a total bust.

So bored.  I miss craft and decorating shows on TV.

I think the only thing I did today was put some thread onto the bobbins and start another cross-stitch.  I did not feel well.

I did have some peppermint tea that didn't really taste like peppermint.  I should just put the bags somewhere to make a place smell nice and get a new box.

Didn't make my tea yesterday.  Didn't do it before going out to pick up hubby, then I didn't feel like it when I got back.  He's been gone for a week, and I did acceptably well considering that.

I cooked him dinner and moved some junk.  I don't feel like I did much, but hubby noticed the difference since he was out of the room when I was cleaning.  He pointed out the importance of before/after photos because I don't see the complete change when I'm doing it gradually.

• Like 3

Creative writing perhaps?  I know it helped me a bit. I channeled my creativity, kept me thinking, and there's no way to 'fail' at writing since it's just an evolving story.

Pretty much I'm looking for something mindless.  I don't force writing.

Let's see, yesterday I dropped hubby off for overnight work and then went shopping.  I didn't have fun.  I spent the rest of the day bored, mopey, and not wanting to eat or do anything.  I made a pot of tea but only drank the go-mug that I made separately.

Today I drank yesterday's tea and didn't make a fresh batch.  I had to catch my goldfish without a net and bail out the tank so we could move it.  Yay exercise.  Boo for how the minnows died and the goldfish are acting sluggish.  I hope it was just stress and not something that will kill the rest.  If I lose the goldfish, I want to switch to guppies, but I'd rather keep the current goldfish because some are huge.

Please let me know when you get your blog up. I am not an organized person by nature. I've read several posts on A Slob Comes Clean and I'm sure I'd read many more. I have three little ones and I homeschool. We started cleaning out our basement this week, which is a huge project. Wishing you the best in your house-tackling. We're right there with you. PS- I like embroidery too. I haven't done it in several years though. 

Lady Feowyn Miread of Eldavar

You have no idea what you're capable of, you didn't create you.

Megathirio Discord- https://discord.gg/kr2YCJM   

Please let me know when you get your blog up. I am not an organized person by nature. I've read several posts on A Slob Comes Clean and I'm sure I'd read many more. I have three little ones and I homeschool. We started cleaning out our basement this week, which is a huge project. Wishing you the best in your house-tackling. We're right there with you. PS- I like embroidery too. I haven't done it in several years though. 

Hmmm, I do have photos of what my house looked like last year.  I'll get photos up of what it looked like last week, and what it looks like now.  I'll also try to start with the draft version of my blog and give you special sneak-peak access since it's going to be a while before I do it live.  https://www.tumblr.com/blog/gwkjantuhi I think the password is ilovenerds .

I've been suffering from a crud since Saturday.  Basically not enough to call in sick from a dayjob, but it saps energy and makes me cranky.

Made a pot of tea with loose-leaf, was pleased that the filter-pot wasn't frustrating that way, but forgot the sugar.  (A while ago I decided to put sugar in the pot because that was easier to track that way, don't like having to put sugar in every cup, especially once I stopped using that particular set.)  Didn't finish drinking it, at least I put the creamer in the fridge.

Spent most of the day getting pissed at the Chromecast and not actually doing anything productive.  I only got dinner on because I made leftover meat into a shepherd's pie, and it involved informing hubby that I didn't know when it would be ready because I stopped caring after putting it in the oven.

Oh, and the goldfish perked up today and kept begging me for food.  The fully-white one seems to be missing a lot of scales, another of the large ones is missing one scale... I hope it is just injury and not something that will hit the rest of the community. 

Yesterday I did some general puttering, transferring things from odd-sized boxes into bankers boxes.  I also ran the dishwasher but it just needed a few things added and I didn't empty it afterward. 

I washed out the teapot but didn't get around to making tea.

Let's see, yesterday I missed out on my tea, and I think I cycled the dishwasher, found some cabbage and brocoli from who-knows-when that needed to be tossed.  I can't remember very well, but naps two days in a row is probably an indication that I still had the crud even though I couldn't feel it anymore.  Oh yeah, I did do a little bit of cross-stitch.

Today I made tea and hopefully I'll finish it, looks like I managed to throw some cardboard boxes into that big scary pile of "how am I going to get these into the garbage."  I worked on the kitchen but didn't get as far as I'd hoped.  I really need another counter above the laundry where the appliances and canisters can live, (can't keep them on top of the washer and dryer because they would get thrown to the floor.)  I need figure out which ones absolutely have to be in the kitchen proper, and which ones are just used often enough that putting them in a cupboard would be annoying.  I decided I can forgive myself about the tea for a while since the kettle keeps ending up behind stuff and many days it's just too much of an annoyance.

I think next challenge I need to work on a food waste goal.  It's been a problem that started creeping in over the last couple months, so by the end of this challenge I need to clean out the fridge and start working on a plan.  Also, I think I should prepare to get into a "pristine kitchen" goal, (knives washed and hung, cutting boards clean and in their holders, big frying pan and lid can live on the stove but they need to be clean, figure out what to do with the small frying pan and lid because they're constantly dirty,) which should make life easier.

And the drainpipe disconnected from the sink again.

giphy.gif

The good news is that I never ripped out the bottom of the cabinet from last time that happened, so the damage is already done.  And the only thing down there is the old faucet.

I'm not going to clean the counters or be able to hand-wash until it's fixed though.

Hrm... it has been a day.  No tea yet, I'm not in the mood for herbal, and I really hate chamomile.

It was a little excessive last night when I started re-arranging the kitchen cabinets.  I would have kept going to exhaustion, but hubby lured me to bed by letting me watch a show with him.

I started before dawn, futzed with the upper cabinets some more, hopefully I'll stop resenting the process of trying to get clean dishes put away.  I'm still looking for the lids to some of the jars I saved... I might have to just start my collection of neat jars from scratch.  I removed the pretty jars from the kitchen, and the empty canning jars, most of the go-mugs, the stemware is probably going to wander back in... I determined that I could fit a few more shelves in for more storage.

Between last night and today I sawed four cuts into a thing like this and it was hard work.

Counters are not clean since I didn't want to use the sink, but they are pretty clear.  I'd be lying if I said that I let the broken sink really irritate me, though there was a couple minutes where I really wanted to hand-wash some things and rinse the counter.  Dishwasher is full and I could risk that the bucket could hold the leak, but it seems like asking for a headache.

I smashed and broke-down a portion of that huge pile of boxes that I've been dreading to deal with.  It's just about as painful as I imagined, plus I spent weeks with it in my way and had the expectation causing me stress.  Garbage can is already fullish, so hopefully the rest of the household garbage fits and I remember garbage day.

Hubby's working late, so I get to keep going until I drop.  House is still a abysmal mess, but he'll be alienated by what I've hit.

I'm actually off-track for half of my goals, but pretty happy. :P  Actually, it's more that weird state where I've kicked can but I'm not satisfied with the result and I see how unreasonable I am about what I want.  (A professional organizer, loads more bookshelves, and a basement might get me closer to satisfied.)

Let's see, went with hubby to the hardware store.  I bought boards for more shelving and some flowerpots, he got plumbing stuff.  I was going to have him stop on the way back for groceries, but the car was full so I went back out alone, he was napping when I got back so I had to drag groceries in myself.

I ran the dishwasher and emptied it again, sorta helped with dinner since he was monopolizing the kitchen for beer.

I woke up hurting and exhausted, so I had a pretty spectacular day relatively.  I even made tea though I don't know how much I drank.  I also did a bit of cross-stitch.

Looks like you've been super productive! Bummer on the sink, though. That would be really annoying. Do what you can, you're still doing great even finding time for hobbies :)

Super-busy is not the same as super-productive, but this inefficiency is saving me from feeling bad about not actually exercising.

I mowed the front yard, hubby did the back.  My ankle did not like any of the stresses put on it.  Battery operated lawnmower is heavy, and that one section of grass really bogs down the wheels.

Other than that, I didn't do much of anything.  Partially a rest day and partially the dust is getting to both of us.

Hubby ran the furnace a bit mostly to reduce the humidity.  It did another one of those "try to roast us in our sleep by running as hard as it can" episodes.  Oh the joys of home ownership.  The sink is just temporarily fixed.

Yesterday I worked on my sunroom.  It's still a mess, but a lot of it is stuff that I don't know what to do with right now.  I pulled a stair/dresser thing off the street a year ago, I decided to take it apart since the cats don't like it.  I took out a lot of screws, but I need a prybar and I don't know where it is.  Had tea because hubby filled the kettle for me, it really helped with the clogged feeling in my chest.

Note for the mini, had leftover stir-fry that had two small iqf chicken breasts.  Also two eggs with guacamole. 

Mmm, I love avocados!  Haven't had them with eggs in a while, need to add that to my breakfasts!

It tasted strange, but that might be because hubby decided to add ketchup to the guac.

Made my tea, didn't drink all of it.  Managed to get a pile of (mostly) garbage dealt with, dishwasher cycled.  Much of the day I just screwed around in Minecraft, I think I was dealing with a crud.

Note for the mini... had a sausage.  (I ate a big bowl of brocoli slaw and cheese as well.)

Oh, I also had a junkfood binge recently.  They're allowed because they're so rare, but I'm listing it anyway.  Spoilers for the comfort of the suggestible.

I had two chocolate eyeballs, one peanut butter and one caramel. Not that satisfying, but I got distracted and didn't get a square of the good stuff until days later, and that sat half-eaten on my desk for a while. I bought two packages of cookies. I spilled tea on the windmills and had to throw away the outer box, so I'll probably think they're molasses flowers by the time I want to eat them. The other package was crispy ginger thins and I don't know where I put them.

Oh, for my recent binge, I forgot about eating half of a doughnut filled with nasty pudding.  Why do I keep hoping that it's going to be something a little fluffier... 

I didn't make much progress today.  I messed with the dustpan, have an empty trashbin, cycled the dishwasher and can't assign degrees to the cycle because I lost track. 

I got re-interested and re-frustrated with Minecraft lately.

Made tea... almost let the creamer go bad with how long I left it on the counter over two days even with putting it in the fridge overnight.  Might not finish the pot, and I'm rethinking how much tea I drink versus how much I should brew according to my goal.

As far as the mini, I'm just going to put a note that I did what was right by me.  Sometimes I eat enough, sometimes I don't wanna.  Long story short, involving my level of activity, I doubt that my protein intake is worth concern.  (Note that I don't consider that my "real food" diet is worth thinking about since I've been at or above 90% for so long.)

I bought two blind bag ponies last week and only opened them today.  One was Princess Twilight Sparkle, the other was named Green Jewel and she was more beautiful.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines