The Ranger's Tent | General Chatter

Loren Wade

Is there such thing as a paleo marshmallow? I'll be all over it.

And yay! A tent! 

• Like 2

I'll take a tent equipped with a lightning rod if you wouldn't mind.  Still able to roast marshmallows and eggs on the ground down here.. sigh.

Might I suggest a 30-foot pole with a long grounding wire, set a goodly distance from the camping area? Tents and lightning strikes don't mix. *grabs shovel and roll of copper wire*

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Is there such thing as a paleo marshmallow? I'll be all over it.

And yay! A tent! 

Paleo marshmallows?  I think they're called kofta kebabs. *hands out skewers with heavily spiced ground meat on them*

• Like 3

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Hello! I'm a new adventurer, and thought I may pop in to introduce myself. I'm Tzippi, currently residing in coastal Japan. I am training for A) my next Tough Mudder, and B) climbing the highest mountain on Shikoku. I love hiking, bodyweight workouts (especially the playground workout), dancing, yoga, and cooking vegetarian/pescetarian food!

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Hello! I'm a new adventurer, and thought I may pop in to introduce myself. I'm Tzippi, currently residing in coastal Japan. I am training for A) my next Tough Mudder, and B) climbing the highest mountain on Shikoku. I love hiking, bodyweight workouts (especially the playground workout), dancing, yoga, and cooking vegetarian/pescetarian food!

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

Sorry,that smiley was supposed to be " B space close brackets"

Hey everybody, finally back to the rangers after a year or so absence. Try to stop by as many threads as I can.

I am generally into cross training. I am currently running a PVP from the book/app You are Your own Gym.

I do a cave man workout on the weekends, and enjoy trying out new/rediculous forms of exercise. I keep it all pretty well organized in my battle log.

Keep on keeping on!

tumblr_mef325e6v61rfu5pbo1_r1_500.gif

• Like 2

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] <--Current Challenge

Current Saiyan form -  Super Saiyan 

Hi everyone, I've decided I want to be a Ranger when I grow up so I thought I'd wander on over and say hi! Mind if I share your fire for a bit?

• Like 3

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  

byqypy5e.jpg

I can't think of a better place for coffee

• Like 2

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I go shoeless when it's wet

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

/sigh

Hate days when you forget your rain gear.  Anyone have a spare pair of rain boots I could slog through?

Sorry, I do try to keep two pairs of running shoes at all times so that one can dry while I wear the other.  

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Sorry, I do try to keep two pairs of running shoes at all times so that one can dry while I wear the other.  

That is an excellent idea. I will emulate you immediately. If I can find running shoes my size in Japan. Well, there's always the mens' shoe section. 

• Like 1

Dear fellow Rangers, I just created my first PvP (here's the link) and it's pretty ambitious. I'd be glad if you dropped by and shared a thought in case you're interested, most of the details are still being hammered out so your input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Like 2

Lvl 45 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Hello, camp! I'm doing my first challenge now, but I'm aspiring to be a Ranger. Hopefully I'll be seeing more of you guys in November, but until then is it alright if I lurk a bit?

Also, someone asked earlier about paleo marshmallows. Original marshmallows were made from the mallow plant as a source of starch, which I'm pretty sure would count as paleo. Nowadays they're made from gelatin and refined sugar, but I don't see any reason that honey wouldn't work. I may play around with this when I get closer to my weight goals.

Anyways, don't mind me, I'm just gonna creep a bit... 

• Like 3

FunshineBear - Battle Log!!!

Level 0 Temporarily Orc...

Aspiring Ranger

[No stats to speak of yet]

Current Challenge

Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.
He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness.
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. - R.W. Emerson

Hello, camp! I'm doing my first challenge now, but I'm aspiring to be a Ranger. Hopefully I'll be seeing more of you guys in November, but until then is it alright if I lurk a bit?

Also, someone asked earlier about paleo marshmallows. Original marshmallows were made from the mallow plant as a source of starch, which I'm pretty sure would count as paleo. Nowadays they're made from gelatin and refined sugar, but I don't see any reason that honey wouldn't work. I may play around with this when I get closer to my weight goals.

Anyways, don't mind me, I'm just gonna creep a bit... 

Honestly, honey is still sugar in the end. As far as paleo goes, if you have to eat a treat, just eat the treat. I would goes as far as saying sugar is better than honey.

Honestly, honey is still sugar in the end. As far as paleo goes, if you have to eat a treat, just eat the treat. I would goes as far as saying sugar is better than honey.

Honey has more stuff in it than just sugar, some micronutrients that make it a bit better than refined sugar. The flavor also come out when it's used in confections, so honey marshmallows might taste better than refined, if you like honey.

And honey also doesn't crystallize as readily as refined sucrose, since it's highly hygroscopic. So stuff made with it can last longer than refined.

But from a macronutrient perspective, yeah, it's essentially sugar. And I'm wanting to cut back on sweets, so no marshmallows for me for a while.

FunshineBear - Battle Log!!!

Level 0 Temporarily Orc...

Aspiring Ranger

[No stats to speak of yet]

Current Challenge

Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.
He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness.
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. - R.W. Emerson

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines