The Ranger's Tent | General Chatter

Loren Wade

camp write up

And in the “aftermath†(as it were) seeing so many new “friends†on facebook, and this â€ª#‎CNF365‬ tag that keeps popping up. So many people with renewed vigor. So many new goals. So many new PR’s. So many people trying new things because of courage found at camp. Truly we learned how to conquer our inner demons. Whatever they may be they hold us under their power NO MORE because the rebellion has our back. We met new nerds and branched out and learned that the world is maybe not as scary as we thought it was. And even if it is scary, we learned that we aren’t alone. There are people who have been on the same trail we are on. Some are ahead of us and will reach back and pull us up when we get to the parts that are too steep or difficult so that we in turn can help those behind us. Some are right next to us on the trail and are compatriots and they understand our struggle and they are a sounding board for frustrations and they are our cheerleaders and our support. They are our family! But we know now that we aren’t alone in REAL LIFE it’s not just images and words on a screen. We learned that it’s OK to reach out to strangers and that amazing things will happen when the rebellion amasses.
And we know that the best is yet to come.

Until next year (and all the years after) my friends

• Like 3

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

*peeks head into tent*

Hi guys. I'm still waiting on the next challenge to begin, so I won't be able to actually join the Ranger Corps till December, when that's over... but can I hang out with y'all anyway? :redface:

You absolutely can hang out! Hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

It's raining here too!!! And like 50 degrees...no fun.

FunshineBear - Battle Log!!!

Level 0 Temporarily Orc...

Aspiring Ranger

[No stats to speak of yet]

Current Challenge

Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.
He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness.
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. - R.W. Emerson

*peeks head into tent*

Hi guys. I'm still waiting on the next challenge to begin, so I won't be able to actually join the Ranger Corps till December, when that's over... but can I hang out with y'all anyway? :redface:

Hammi, don't you think we should charge the newbies a few burpees (or something) for a spot in the tent?? Are initiation fees allowed, or is that hazing? ;-)

(Shadri, we would of course love for you to join us)

• Like 3

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hammi, don't you think we should charge the newbies a few burpees (or something) for a spot in the tent?? Are initiation fees allowed, or is that hazing? ;-)

(Shadri, we would of course love for you to join us)

Challenge modified and accepted!

/leaves teachers' room to find an empty classroom in which to do squats, lunges, pushups, and dictionary rows.

Thanks for the excuse to get up and move - it's that lull in the afternoon right now.

ETA: Tariff of 15 reps each of above exercises: Paid in full.

• Like 2

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

Challenge modified and accepted!

/leaves teachers' room to find an empty classroom in which to do squats, lunges, pushups, and dictionary rows.

Thanks for the excuse to get up and move - it's that lull in the afternoon right now.

ETA: Tariff of 15 reps each of above exercises: Paid in full.

Awesome!!

A couple challenges back we had a mini challenge with a lot of burpees.  One of rangers (Jennifer Stark)  was sneaking them in at work and calling them "ninja burpees." You were doing a ninja workout :-)

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Awesome!!

A couple challenges back we had a mini challenge with a lot of burpees. One of rangers (Jennifer Stark) was sneaking them in at work and calling them "ninja burpees." You were doing a ninja workout :-)

Heh. Considering I'm teaching in a Japanese high school, that's extra funny.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ztgukbmz1qkthyyo1_500.png

• Like 1

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

Hey all, in case you don't follow the mini, please welcome DarK_RaideR as our newest ambassador!!!

His focus is going to be our mini challenges, so please be sure to check in and watch for new posts!!!

• Like 3

My Blog | My Story

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

So after wondering round the farmland I finally find the Rangers tent. Looks like I should have reaved a couple of the landlords black angus. You lot look like you need some Aussie grass fed beef.

• Like 5

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Kofta Kebabs???  Recipe, please ......   

(I should know better than to sit down in the Ranger's Tent after a run .... now, I'm REALLY hungry!)

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

How was everyones weekend?

$Program: _turbo
$Race: _human
$Class: _ranger

$Level: _4 (STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 7)

$MasterQuest: _200 lbs & _10%(ish) bodyfat 

Weight Progress:

$StartWeight: _242.6lbs >= $CurrentWeight: _202.2lbs

$CurrentInfo in Wallet == 500

$Quote: _"You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it."

$twitter: _@JonBenditz

$instagram: _JonBenditz

I did a whole lot of nothing and it was fantastic. You?

• Like 2

My Blog | My Story

It was.... I don't know. Good and bad, mixed together.  

I got a surprise early birthday present (a laptop, yaaay!) and did a lot of nothing as well, relaxed, went to church, and was extremely productive on the homework front...

...but I also twisted my knee (I say twisted, because it was similar to the sprain I got about a month-and-a-half ago, but less severe; like a twisted ankle?), so I wasn't able to complete my workout challenge for the week. Ah, well. It's mostly better now, anyway; like I said, it wasn't very bad. (At the very least, I twisted it towards the end of one of my workouts, so at least I was able to get something in before I injured myself!...)

*sighs dramatically*

One day of fasting, one day of officiating at a childrens' party for about fifty children ages 1 -7 who (mostly) spoke no English. 

So, exhausting. Good news, though, was that I got a bodyweight workout (with a double helping of squats) from all the updownupdown and kid-wrangling.*

So I'm excited about a nice restful workweek! :D

*Okay, "Devil's herd" is perhaps an overstatement.

Tzippi I have six kids, devil's herd can be an understatement.

• Like 2

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

I did a whole lot of nothing and it was fantastic. You?

Same here!! I played Destiny for about oh, maybe 16 hours total :D

Surprisingly productive, in both housekeeping and leisure. Best part was the afternoon by the river!

Excellent! Wish I had a decent river by me.

It was.... I don't know. Good and bad, mixed together.  

I got a surprise early birthday present (a laptop, yaaay!) and did a lot of nothing as well, relaxed, went to church, and was extremely productive on the homework front...

...but I also twisted my knee (I say twisted, because it was similar to the sprain I got about a month-and-a-half ago, but less severe; like a twisted ankle?), so I wasn't able to complete my workout challenge for the week. Ah, well. It's mostly better now, anyway; like I said, it wasn't very bad. (At the very least, I twisted it towards the end of one of my workouts, so at least I was able to get something in before I injured myself!...)

*sighs dramatically*

Yay for the laptop! Always love new tech gear :D

Hope your knee feels better :-/ no fun! 

One day of fasting, one day of officiating at a childrens' party for about fifty children ages 1 -7 who (mostly) spoke no English. 

So, exhausting. Good news, though, was that I got a bodyweight workout (with a double helping of squats) from all the

and
.*

So I'm excited about a nice restful workweek! :D

*Okay, "Devil's herd" is perhaps an overstatement.

Wow! I would go crazy with that many kids, might turn grey! :D

$Program: _turbo
$Race: _human
$Class: _ranger

$Level: _4 (STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 3 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 7)

$MasterQuest: _200 lbs & _10%(ish) bodyfat 

Weight Progress:

$StartWeight: _242.6lbs >= $CurrentWeight: _202.2lbs

$CurrentInfo in Wallet == 500

$Quote: _"You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it."

$twitter: _@JonBenditz

$instagram: _JonBenditz

Hey eveyone! Sorry I have been MIA, things have been crazy busy at home and I just didn't have the time to stop to check in and cheer people on...which made me feel really bad. So I vanished for a while, but my Ranger family hasn't been far from my mind. I have been working out and keeping things fun. I hope everyone's challenge is going awesome!

much love 

Rote.

• Like 2

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015